Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[PRP] Point A to Point B Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:07 pm
Folding his arms behind his head, Yuri blinked at her reasoning. "Huh, well I guess it wouldn't hurt to give it a shot." Sure why not. He was open to trying new things, most of the time.

"So you like military guys, huh? Sounds like there's a story behind that."  
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:20 pm
"Heeeck yes you should give it a shot! I mean, you already have a pokemon!" She gestured toward repede. "And the kid you're travling with is a trainer." she gestured to Luke, and Mieu.

She paused to think for a moment, looking at the pokemon loose in the aria before her brow furrowed curiously.
Though at Yuri's comment about a story behind military men she just smirked at him and stuck her tongue out.

"Hey, Luke." She nodded to the boy. "You're other pokemon, do they all look so fancy?" she asked.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:23 pm
Pfft. Yuri smirked widely, "You are so changing the subject," he teased. Apparently he must have been right.  
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:26 pm
Luke, more or less missing the sudden shift in the topic of conversation, looked to Ray at the sound of his name, opened his mouth to reply in the negative and give an explanation, and stopped, frowning. No... they were fancy all right. They really were. "I guess so."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:29 pm
"Hey it can be secret sharing time now if you want. Sure I might have had a special someone back home, and he miiiight be the kind to adorn a uniform. Now your turn."

When Luke replied she turned her attention back to the red head. "All of them?" She frowned and rubbed the back of her head, closing one of her eyes. "Yeah so are all of Sera's... Heck mine too."  
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:36 pm
Yuri blinked curiously at the fact that everyone here seemed to have fancy Pokemon. Really, with some of them, he couldn't tell any different since he wasn't well versed in Pokemon. But yeah, some of the ones Luke had were pretty fancy.

"Special someone, huh?" He looked a little surprised, never having really thought about the idea of Ray actually having a someone. "Well if we're going that route, I did have a thing for a girl back in the Guarde. But she was pretty bossy, so it didn't work, especially since I left."  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:45 pm
He nodded, almost grudgingly, in response. Some were fancier than others, but indeed, all of them could be classified as fancy. These days it seemed it was almost rarer to see a pokemon wearing its natural colors than it was to encounter something strange and unique. There wasn't much to say on the matter, though - even less on the other matter at hand - so he left it at that.  
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:46 pm
"Ohh bossy girl for the boy who doesn't like to be bossed." Ray grimaced slightly. "I can see how that might have been a bit tricky."

"Yeah well, sometimes it doesn't work out." Ray shrugged not seeming all to that worried or upset about it "Daniel didn't approve of my life choices, so that's that, I suspected a long time ago that it was pretty much over," she let out a slightly dramatic sigh "Ah such is our life it seems Yuri, The life of wild children, at least one of us here doesn't have to experience such woes." she gestures to Luke.

When Luke nodded to her question she frowned, rather seriously her eyes trailed onto Double Stripe for a while, then crossed her arms, looking back to the two she was talking to. "So I know you guys aren't from a place that's big on pokemon, but do you two understand at all how odd this island's pokemon are?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:59 pm
His brow raised as Ray indicated him, not specifically sure what he had to do with this conversation and unsure he liked his sudden inclusion, given the topic. His confusion and apprehension showed clearly in the slight frown that furrowed his features.

The question of pokemon, however, was one he could answer a little more clearly, "I know that the colors are what you'd normally see in nature, but from what I've seen, the people here don't seem all that concerned about it." Almost everyone he'd met had at least one pokemon of nonstandard colors or patterning, and since no one seemed to make a big deal about it, he had assumed it wasn't all that uncommon.  
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:04 pm
"Yeah, I don't think Luke's got a wild bone in his body," Yuri agreed with Ray.

However, he gave her a slightly odd look at the question. "Not really," he confessed, never having noticed anything strange about the Pokemon here at all. Luke's commentary then drew his attention. "But I'm not exactly an expert, so."  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:05 pm
"Can't say I've seen one yet." She agreed with Yuri. Though she didn't know the kid that well.

"HN! And that's a problem in on itself," Ray pointed out with arched eyebrows, leaning forward a little to address Luke. "Why are questions not being asked? I've been a traveling trainer all my life, and I've never seen such a concentration of wildly unique pokemon before. They're amazing, and beautiful, don't get me wrong. But its just... there's something not right about it you know? Its the same concept with the Mew." She tilted her head slightly.
"You you seeing what I'm saying?"  
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:15 pm
Well hey now, two years ago he ran away from home to a country where he wasn't exceptionally literate in the language - though that was probably more foolhardy than wild, per se. Not that he had any specific desire to be classified as 'wild' to any degree. Seemed kind of unnecessary and probably dangerous.

"I'm not sure," he said, tucking his head down slightly. "I mean, I understand, but…" But Kodo had been his first real experience with pokemon and training, so it was difficult to perceive as a problem what everyone around him seemed to treat as perfectly normal, and diagnosing or otherwise evaluating the situation was a ways beyond his reach.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:19 pm
"Maybe that's just how the Pokemon are here. Doesn't mean its a bad thing, right?" After all, it was just coloration. Didn't seem like there was much harm in that. "Repede's not your every day Growlithe either and he came from Grande Ile."

Repede wuffed at that, yet he wasn't as enthusiastic as he could have been.  
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:24 pm
"I mean its not impossible," she agreed with Yuri. "Look at the shiny mutation, it occurrences naturally, giving the pokemon different colors and a sheen to its fur. I've seen cases of it. But in seventeen years, how did this suddenly just go from being a rare occurrence to an island full? And from what I'm hearing its spreading to other islands. Guys, years and years ago this wasn't the norm for pokemon, mutations like this don't happen that quickly."

She took a breath, not sure how to explain this to the two of them, "and again, lets please not forget the legendary?" She looked at Luke with that. "The one you saw, you're certain its a mew?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out