Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[FIN] Kanto Competition Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 4:03 pm
With Ray whispering the order, Henrietta wasn't to know she'd be receiving a steak, and seriously considered Dove's offer.
"Uh. Well Gummy would really like a burger I'm sure- and I could share that with him and Winglet! If you're sure! I could pay you back when I win!" She piped up, suddenly remembering all the battles that were possible here. She'd made money at that first competition, she probably could make money from it here right? She'd forgotten to check what the prizes here actually were or if there were any, but someone usually had prize money on offer to a winner, right? And obviously she and Gummy and Winglet could win! This allayed any fear of owing, or not owing.
"That would be kind of awesome, thanks!"

Then, a mountain arrived. Or, no, wait, that was a man.
Who was approaching their table and knew some of the group.
Her eyes widened and Henrietta's mouth split into a grin.
"You're huge!" She blurted out, delightedly.  
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 4:09 pm
Dove smiled brightly as Hen accepted her offer. "Excellent! Get whatever you'd like, Henrietta. And really, don't worry about it--you'll need the prize money while you travel, right? "

Her smile was then turned to Dith as he arrived, and she extended a little wave to him as he spoke to the trio across the table from her, then spoke with the waitress to place her order.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 4:16 pm
Woah! Sera was not happy in the least. Dith's smile didn't falter but his gaze did flicker from Sera to Rosie - who she was looking at - and back again. Never a dull moment with his young friends it seemed. What had he just walked into? Was it a big deal, or mountains out of diglett-hills?

He was soon distracted from this however by an exclamation over his scale; Dith turned his gaze down onto Henrietta. "So I've been told!" he exclaimed cheerfully, grabbing a spare chair and pulling it up next to her, but not yet actually sitting down. "Do you mind if I sit here, Henrietta is it?" he shrugged and made a vague gesture at himself. "I take up quite a bit of room but I try not to elbow."

Oh, hello! The girl... something to do with birds? Well anyway she was waving so Dith waved back and resolved to find out her name before it became obvious that he had forgotten, if that was possible. This was one of the many instances that his slightly odd 'funny foreigner' speech pattern came in handy, he could call the girl anything he liked in Russian and pretend it was just another term of endearment and nobody would be any the wiser. Dith might seem like he had a head full of fluffy hair and big laughs but underneath that he could be rather astute when the situation called for it.

Ah, and food was being ordered. Dith peeked at the menu and ordered the large sounding mixed grill with an extra order of onion rings and steamed vegetables.  
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 4:33 pm
Faleen looked over at Seraphine "That would be me." She replied "Though its been explained to me that I have misinterpreted the general reactions and haven't take the life style into consideration, therefore I am the one who should be apologizing."
She looked over at Rosie who shook her head, surprised. before someone big and familiar came in to view, booming his greeting.

Rosie smiled at Dith, having been quite a while since she got to see him
"Hi Dith!"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 4:37 pm
"Yeah, you should be," Sera replied with a very displeased frown that would have been an all-out glare if not for the fact the woman she was speaking to happened to be Rosie's sister. Regardless of anything, though, nobody made Rosie feel bad while she was there, family or not. Nobody. At the very least, though, Faleen couldn't help her ignorance. Kanto seemed to see very little if any rocket interference (not that she knew that for a fact at all), so it made sense to her that the elder sister obviously didn't know what was going on in Kodo with Team Rocket.

Either way she dropped the topic and picked up her menu instead to order.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 4:48 pm
"I don't mind!" In fact, Henrietta had decided instantly that she liked the large man, so far. She remained kind of in awe of how big he was though. "I try not to too!" She confided, though her small frame didn't really seem like she'd be capable of taking up much space anyway.

"Well, not all of it." She remembered to respond to Dove "but thanks!"
And then proceeded to order herself a large burger and a portion of fries, unaware that it would be accompanied by steak too.

Winglet was let out, and climbed up to sit on her head for the moment. The girl decided it was easier to have both pokémon out with her before the food came.

Beneath the table, Gummy had began to simply stare at the somewhat canid, and slightly-vulpine, pokémon he shared the space with. He blinked but continued to refuse to make any sound.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 4:55 pm
Uncom-- Oh, that probably had something to do with the fact that he had just up and walked away, huh… He waved a hand dismissively, "Sorry, I just needed some fresh air for a minute." And a part of him was glad that he had, since it seemed the topic hadn't exactly lightened in the brief time he was away.

Dith's appearance was unexpected but quite unmistakeable, and he regarded the man as he sat with a mild, lightly surprised smile, "Hey, long time no see." He couldn't be but so surprised, knowing how many of the trainers Dith was familiar with. And food ordering was happening as well, wasn't it? He was still readjusting to having the ability to control what he had to eat and how much of it he consumed. It was awesome.  
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 4:56 pm
Needing no further invitation Dith sat down next to Henrietta, with the care of somebody who has flopped too hard into chairs in the past and broken them. The chairs in this place seemed nice and solid but he wasn't taking any chances. Calling a request for a large glass of water and also a large beer after the waitress Dith turned back to his new friend.

"So how have you come to meet my friends? In the competition? Or you've known them longer? I have been terribly out of touch for some months, work you know?" He had kept a lot of strange hours, strange ones and long ones too. When he got back to Kodo he swore he was going to cut down on that and work out where his friends now were with all the mess with Team Rocket.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 5:04 pm
Suudonym

"Too long!" Dith grinned to Luke with a little nod. "You look great!" He did indeed, a thousand times better than the last time he'd seen him. "Are you in the contest Luke? I know you and Rosie were excited but, well, as I was saying I have been so lost in work I've lost where everyone is with their lives." He did feel bad for that but he couldn't help it, he had a living to make after all and once he'd got back into it how could he turn away? There was the old tug at his heart telling him his first duty should never be to himself, but to those who needed him. Didn't these youngsters need him though?... Maybe they didn't anymore. Maybe he had lost the moment when they needed him. Maybe they had moved beyond.  
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 5:16 pm
"Work?" She didn't know at all and not knowing what he did, her immediate conclusion was to imagine Dith as some kind of wrestler or something.
"I met Dove before! And Ray!" Had Ray been one of the people he was greeting before? Oh well. "And Rosie was on the boat here! Everyone else I met at the competition! And I'm meeting you now!" Henrietta supplied helpfully, after watching him carefully sit.

She then, unashamedly, listened with interest as Dith and Luke spoke; the girl found herself wanting to get to know everyone now, as, once Dith arrived, he had seemed to know so many of the group.
With all these trainers in Kodo, apparently, and coming here to Kanto, how could she ever be without someone to hang out with or, more importantly, battle with, again?  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 5:21 pm
[Everyone]

With dinner over and the evening dragging on. Many of the older trainers were stubbornly staying up late to enjoy the quieter evenings, around the hotel bars or pools. While a good number of active contestants when to bed at a decent hour to be in top form for the battles tomorrow,

Ray, had no intentions of sleeping early! PSH she didn't even have to be up early,
The hotel that the group was staying at had a nifty little sitting aria outside with a bar.
She would have insisted to drag the group, or anyone willing to hang out there. Though as trainers started to retire for the night.

Rosie might have stayed up all night talking to her sister if she could, she didn't get to see her all that often, so any chance she got she tried to take advantage of. There was always that warmth of familiarity with Faleen, despite everything that she knew Faleen had been trying to cope with herself, for years. Faleen was a different person, but she was still her sister.
After a time though Faleen suggested that if she was going to get up for the trials tomorrow, they should head to bed.

As Faleen stood to make her way to the hotel she was staying at Rosie stepped over to her friends.
"I'm going to turn in now guys. I'll see you tomorrow for the competition~"  
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 5:29 pm
"Aww, Rosie that's lame," Sera replied in response as she half-turned to drape one arm over the back of the chair she'd been sitting in. "Going to bed already? It's so early though!" Despite Ray making her get up earlier than she liked to, Seraphine was a night owl at heart.

Regardless, she gave Rosie a dramatic, playful wave with that same arm. "Alright, alright, go to bed you lame-o. I'll be back up there eventually," she replied, referring to the room she and her friend would be sharing during the competition days. That done, her opposite hand raised a fluted glass to her lips, its stem held carefully in her small fingers. If there was only one thing she liked about Ray, it was that the taller women similarly gave no shits about drinking ages.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 5:34 pm
Luke made every effort to ignore the persistent nagging feeling that lingered throughout the evening, an effort that was in fact fairly easy with everything that was going on. Though he was as quiet as ever, he listened attentively to the conversations that took place around him, contributing occasionally. As the evening wore into night, however, he began to realize that he was wearing short on time to say the things he wanted to say - and that time was suddenly cut much shorter than he had expected when Rosie announced that she was going to bed. "Ah, wait," there was a mild, unintentional distress to his features that he consciously leveled out, eyes glancing very briefly to Faleen's departing form and tone quieting, "could I talk to you for a minute, Rosie?"  
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 5:39 pm
Rosie giggled and smiled apologetically at Sera "There is a lot to get ready for Sera, don't stay up too late though, we still have the whole weekend of trials."
She lifted her hand to the others Ray bidding her goodnight.

The blond stopped though when Luke told her to wait, blinking and looking over at him before he asked her for a minute to talk. "Oh, sure yeah." she replied, looking curious  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 5:41 pm
Well he had met the new people now and figured out that bird-girl was Dove, these were good things. Dinner had been good too and he was quite happy settled into the bar. His mind was a bit of a blur, exhaustion rather than drink but despite Rosie's assertion he wasn't yet ready to sleep. It had been too long since he had time out with friends?... He really needed some more friends around his own age.

"Sleep well Rosie, Luke! I will stay for one more. Anyone else want something? I am buying!"  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff