Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[ORP] Clean Slate (Rockets only) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 3:07 pm
TawnyAngel

"Well. Probably on first impression. Familiarity and all." Tam' grinned a little, then paused to consider her answer.
"I don't really know about that... Just... He's very nice. He seems to like pokémon, likes plants, easy to talk to, though I suppose I'm not sure about 'with'." She shrugged a little.

"Too bright? I guess I can understand that." It could be 'too bright' even for reading, after all, sometimes. "If you find nice bulbs, let me know? I think I already know the shades I want... I'm probably going to try and make my room feel a little bit like my old home- we had some nice round 'paper-lantern'-like ones that were nice..."  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 3:26 pm
Gwennythe

"Yeah, that sounds nice," Aulus nodded, "and I will. I'll make a trip into Camphoreon when I can, get some stuff to make this place feel less," he gestured around, lips pressing together in a thin line and brows knitting, "clinical." Less like a box, it was claustrophobic and... yeah, until he'd fixed it up a bit he wasn't going to be spending much time in here.

"I'll put photographs on the walls," he continued after a moment, figuring it was probably safe to share his décor ideas with Tam; she wouldn't tease him. (Right?) "Photographs and... I don't know, some kind of art piece that mimics a window. Like, a changing scene or something. Somebody somewhere must sell something like that right?" If not then surely it was just a case of getting a screen and getting Alex to....

But Alex wasn't here and he didn't know anyone else in programming.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 3:35 pm
"Clinical is a good word." Tambrey agreed, though, still, it /still/ seemed better than old grunt rooms by such a long way, even empty and too bright.

"Photographs? What sort?" She, indeed, wasn't likely to tease about that- she hadn't even considered photographs, but then, she hadn't owned a camera, or looked at photos outside of 'work' for a very long time.
"Oh! Yes, definitely!" Tam' grinned, then. "Pretty sure I've seen those on TV more than once, and... uh... well, the last time was on a sci-fi show; but I promise I won't write on yours. Not sure how much they cost..."  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 3:43 pm
Aijaa
Akc, sorry! I totally lost your post in the mass of posts D8

"Humm, well I can introduce you to the staff if you like," KO offered, hands casually in his pockets as he sauntered along. "It's not really my leaning but I am a trained field medic so I keep up to date with the clinic staff." KO kept up with most people, especially people who might be useful to him. If he was ever wounded on a mission along with other Rockets he wanted the medics to prioritize treating him not somebody else.

Gwennythe

"Oh, well, I'll have to take some new ones I think," Aulus replied with a brief smile. "I still have plenty saved on my laptop but... kind of want something new too, you know? Most of them will be landscapes and pokemon though.

"And wait, what?" Aulus frowned. "Waaait, you mean that Shield one? Hu, well something like that would be cool." He'd started watching sci-fi and things like that because Alex did, and enthused about them at length. Oh there had been a few exceptions before like Doctor Who and other classics that every bugger who was anyone knew but it was his old partner who had got him back into things like Marvel, stuff he'd stopped paying attention to once he figured he was 'too old' for it.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 3:51 pm
"That sounds nice. Really nice. I... kind of just thought about posters in mine, mostly..." Tambrey admitted. "And, heh, yes. Shield. That seemed pretty neat; d'you watch it? It's one of the few things I... kinda made a special effort to keep up with... Maybe I should get a poster of Coulson..." She mused, tying the subjects back together in her mind.  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 3:58 pm
"Well if you like any of my pictures you're welcome to a print," Aulus offered with another smile, a longer lasting on this time, and a little shrug. It was a private hobby for the most part but he didn't mind sharing it with a select few people. He'd given Alex a couple of prints to decorate his room in whatever mysterious secret place he'd been whisked off to, and quietly - feeling a bit silly - hoped that they were still up.

"Oh, but yea," Aulus nodded, "I watch it but I'm a bit behind right now, I should really catch up with it. Coulson sounds like a good poster to get to me, I've no doubt that some bugger sells them."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 4:05 pm
"Oh? Thank you! I may very well take you up on that; photos would be a very nice decoration, alongside Coulson... and other posters." Tambrey beamed; it would be nice to have an -actual- picture that someone took, especially a friend, to put in the room- posters were good but photographs meant more.

"Oh, yes, definitely catch up! Rory and I both really liked it... I wouldn't mind seeing it again, so if you wanted to watch it sometime, I'd happily join in..."  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 4:27 pm
...Was that 'you and me' or 'you and me and my boy-item'? Not that he had anything against Rory per se but he didn't know him, trust him, or want to spend time with him. Aulus' baseline feelings for strangers or near strangers had never been good but over the last couple of years his distrust of anyone he didn't consider a friend had only grown. He couldn't trust somebody he didn't know well and if he couldn't trust them he couldn't relax and enjoy himself around them.

"Err." Aulus shifted slightly as he tried to think of a way to get the information he wanted out of Tam without being too obvious, he didn't want to upset her or piss her off or something. She probably liked Rory more than she liked him now... which was natural he guessed.

"You're welcome," he managed after a moment, "I was just trying to remember where on my laptop I'd saved everything. I'll give you the files on a stick sometime to have a look through. And... yeah, that sounds nice." He really didn't know how to say what he wanted to without sounding like a dickhead. "Maybe we can do a marathon? Like... celebrating moving in. We could get food and bring it back here?" If they did it that way Rory would probably still be busy getting settled in his own room.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 4:27 pm
"You wouldn't mind doing that? I-I'd appreciate it, I don't know anyone in that department yet... haven't had a reason to go to the clinic or anything," he said, trying not to sound nervous. It wasn't a lie that he hadn't had a reason to see anyone in the clinic or talk to people in the medical department, but he might have been leaving out the part about him being too nervous to actually speak to them anyway. "You're a field medic? Oh... so you help take care of people that get hurt on the field?" That sounded almost like something he would do, except he wasn't sure how he felt about being on the field. "What is field work like..?"  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 4:39 pm
"Oh, that would be brilliant, thank you!" Tambrey nodded in agreement as well as she answered. "And, yes, definitely a good idea. Like house-warming... sort of... Uh. Room... warming? Bathroom warming? Well, a good celebration anyway. Cook something in the kitchens and then watch, maybe?"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:54 pm
TawnyAngel

Xander nodded, eying the line of people waiting to get on the lifts. That wouldn't be pleasant to be stuck in if they had decided to do the same. He didn't mind crowds or tight places but full elevators were uncomfortable for anyone. He walked over and opened the door to the stairs for Frost.

"Nothing much, just working on a portable, easy to assemble for anyone in a short amount of time explosive." He said with a shrug. Thankfully there were plenty of engineers who were willing to help out.  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 11:54 am
Aijaa

"No worries, my ceiling scraping compatriot," KO replied with an airy wave of one hand. "I need to go see them at some point soon anyway, it's no trouble for you to come with me.

"And your assumption is correct," he continued with a small incline of his head. "Or at least I'm trained to, I've only been out on small missions with TR so far so my skills in that area haven't been required." What was field work like? Good question. "Well I can't speak too much for Team Rocket, as I say I've not done anything big here yet, but I imagine there are some generalities," he shrugged. "When I worked for Galatic missions could get pretty intense; tangling with League officials, enterprising gangs of trainers, powerful pokemon. It was inevitable that people would get hurt sometimes, and it seems to be the same here from what I've gathered from the clinic staff." Death in the field seemed to be pretty rare at least which was some reassurance; some but not a great deal.

Gwennythe

Phew, it looked like he'd got away with it. Aulus relaxed again and flashed another grin; "Yeah!" he said enthusiastically. "That sounds like a brilliant plan." Food, maybe a couple of drinks, good TV; all in all it sounded like a great evening, a great distraction from the less than friendly feel of the room. First thing tomorrow, given they were gifted with 48 hours, he was going to see if he could get a car and head into Camphoreon and do all of that shopping he'd planned out in his head.

Wandering further back into his room Aulus turned in a circle, it wasn't like there was a whole lot to investigate but he might as well have a poke at what there was. Shrugging to himself he headed over to a door and opened it up. "Closet," he reported with a glance over his shoulder. "Hanging space, shelves and... I guess that's a shoe rack?" He had no idea what else it could possibly be. "Pretty neat set up, somebody's smart at saving space. Do we have an interior decorating division or something?" This last was said with another grin and a raise of the eyebrows, clearly a joke. "Their stark minimalist style strikes fear into the hearts of sweet fluffy trainers who believe in borders of flowers around the room near the top of the wall, and cross-stitches with twee messages."

Natsuko-neko

"Mmmh," Frost replied. "That sounds useful," he added after a pause, "one never knows when one might need to cause a distraction at short notice. Or just destroy something of course." Crude but, he had to admit, sometimes extremely effective; he would just prefer it if explosions came with less noise, smoke, fire and so on. Mmh, ah well, a man could dream.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 5:19 pm
"That is, indeed, a shoe rack." Tambrey confirmed, taking a step to confirm what Aulus was looking at, given she'd already, very quickly, opened just about everything she could open in her room already.
"Oh, there's nothing wrong with cross-stitches, but the general messages are a little... boring... The flower thing, though. Well, my mother has a couple of rooms like that and we definitely don't share the same taste in decoration." Tambrey seemed to consider the idea of an 'interior decoration' division though. "I suspect there'd be a few candidates for that though, anyway, if we did have such a department."  
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 8:19 am
Aulus snorted and shook his head. "Too right, seem to be a bunch of useless cretins around who would do more harm than good in the field. At least the worst they could do in décor would be... I don't know, clashing the styles of the bathroom fittings or making everything a distasteful shade of orange. Theoretically. I'm sure some stupid b*****d would manage to cause a minor explosion with paint tins, but I suppose the demo department is always in need of more idiot mooks."

Letting out a small sigh and shaking his head Aulus closed the closet again and lent back against it. "Well, I guess that's all there is to see here," he shrugged, "want to check out the training facilities?"  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 11:54 am
"I think that depends on the paint..." Tambrey, apparently, took that bit seriously. "But, well... In the absence of interior decoration, and in the interest of not giving certain individuals access to explosive compounds, in general... I guess we'll just have to try and teach them to be better in the field." She smiled; honestly, she just didn't get quite as exasperated or grumpy about it- they'd all been new once- but she had to agree, it would be better to have more skilled personnel and, perhaps, cut the risk of something like the Galactic event occurring again...

"Yes! Let me just... get Palu settled on my bed. She won't want to come to the training facilities, and she's been in her ball for long enough today... Will appreciate an actual bed to sit on."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff