Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[RAID] A Legendary Heist Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 29 30 31 32 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:13 pm
[Ranger A > Izaya, Aulus, Riley]

The Ranger nodded as she listened to Izaya's question. "It was a donation, I believe," she said, "from a Kanto-based organization. As for what you really want to know..." She leaned forward surreptitiously, speaking in a low voice, "In fact, I was a part of the team that helped to catch the Legendary." She leaned away, shrugging her shoulders, "But, unfortunately, I'm not supposed to say what it is."

She placed her hands on her hips with a slightly furrowed brow, looking towards Riley, the assumed girlfriend in question, with an amount of concern. "Oh my, that is a problem, isn't it? Well, dear, it's no problem if you want to stand in the back - there are no seats, you see." She gestured to the flag markers. "What I'm setting up here is the program perimeter; the pokemon won't leave this area. Perfectly safe, I can assure you!"  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:19 pm
[Ranger A]

"Oh, that's nice," he said casually, remarking on the fountain. His eyes widened as she mentioned having been part of the team that helped catch the Legendary. "You don't say! That's amazing. But no problem, I completely understand."

He offered a crooked grin when he noticed the ranger glance Riley's way. "Okay, good to know. Thanks. Wow, you rangers must really have a lot of power to be able to keep a Legendary to leave certain boundaries," he noted. "I've never really understood how rangers could tame pokemon without capturing them." He scratched his head, staring at the flags quizzically.

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:20 pm
(Fakey-Boo thang, Aulus, Ranger A)

Riley, though she didn't show it, was a bit crestfallen when Izaya took up the roll of asking about types, but was quickly taken aback when the woman spoke as if she were the girlfriend in question. Her cheeks flushed dark red, and she shook her head a little, before giggling and playfully elbowing the other grunt in the ribs as she took his arm like a 'good girlfriend'. "Oh, you stinker!" she chided him, before looking to the ranger again. "Thank you ma'am... I just don't want to miss anything! If there's a chance it's a dragon type, however... I'll just make sure to stay back, if you're sure it'll stay...contained..." she promised, her eyes flicking to the little flags. How was that even supposed to work?

A brief pause, as Izaya talked again. This woman had been part of the team to capture it! Wow.... "How did you all tame it? That's really impressive!"  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:20 pm
[Civilian D > Kyle, Xander]

Noel nodded slowly, "I see..." She looked towards the Audino with her companion, her smile returning, "It looks like someone's trying to impress you, Dina."

She nodded once more to confirm the given question, "Yes, from Jubilife."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:21 pm
[Ranger C, Tambrey]

So, the legendary probably wasn't inside the building. That left Lu wondering where else it could be, hopefully not underground or somehow squished inside the statue. That'd certainly make it hard to get to. He didn't know if he and Tambrey should bother looking inside anymore, though he was still proud of his gift shop idea. Made them seem authentic, right? Right.

"I forgot to bring my camera," Lu said, hands in his pockets again. "I guess I'll have to get a um, disposable one... don't want to miss the chance to get a picture of a legendary, right? I wonder what kind it is..." Hopefully not a birb-popsicle.  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:22 pm
[Civilian E > Kyle, Xander]

Dina wrinkled her nose up at Noel, pointedly not looking at the Ditto.

Lily's brows slowly knitted together the longer the Ditto-Pidgey remained flapping around and warbling that way. "Your Ditto is annoying my Audino," she pointed out.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:24 pm
Civilian A

Zacharie was momentarily caught off guard by the woman's enthusiasm, his eyes widening slightly in surprise. "I..." He cleared his throat as he tried, and failed to keep a smile off of his face in response to the woman's obvious passion on the subject. He'd always found it much easier to converse with people when they could discuss their hobbies. "Yes actually; though I had originally come to look at the flora I most certainly wouldn't miss the chance to see a legendary." Perhaps that would be enough to keep her interest?  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:27 pm
[Ranger A > Izaya, Riley, Aulus]

She nodded to Riley, smiling brightly, "Trust me, you have nothing to worry about it!"

On the question about their capture methods, she only lit up further. "Well," the ranger began, apparently more than happy to give an explanation, "we use these things called 'capture stylers;' they calm the pokemon down and help us communicate with it." She raised a hand to the back of her head. "...As fancy as all that sounds, though, we wound up catching it in the end - on the promise of releasing it once the program is over, of course. We tucked the pokeball away somewhere so it wouldn't feel threatened by it, though."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Rocket Agent Tambrey

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:28 pm
Ranger C and Lu

"We'll grab you one in the shop, don't you worry." Tam' smiled at Lu, then turned it back on the ranger for a moment. "Thank you -ever- so much! We're just so excited! Now," Back to Lu "Come on you, let's get that camera."

She was ready to walk in the direction of the building, subtly activating her mic' as she did so, ready to talk as they walked.

Over the mic'/earpiece.
"Tam here. Good plan. Established it's -probably- not inside the building. Heading that way anyway. Intel." Her message was quick and quiet.  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:28 pm
(Noel, Lily, Dina, Xander)

Kyle nudged Xander with his elbow "Come on bro, respect the lady." He told him a light frown on his face.
"Sorry Dina. Caleb will return him to his ball so he'll leave you alone." the dark blond assured the Audino. giving a pointed look toward Xander.

"Wow, so you came a long way then! It seems like a lot of people have traveled all the way out here to actually get a peek at a Legendary." Kyle noted with a chuckle "this is our first time here, I'm pretty itchy to take a look around, have either of you ever been to this institute before? Do you have any recommendations where we should check out?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:30 pm
[Ranger A]

No dice, apparently, not with this one anyway. Was it worth trying the others? Maybe not the blonde ranger, he might have overheard them asking the brunette already.

What were they going to do?

How were they-

Oh.

Aulus activated his earpiece again and stepped forward, seeming to actually take an interest now. "Wow, really? Hate to admit it but I'm impressed you persuaded a legendary pokemon to get into a pokeball for you; it must really trust you." When they'd said they had tamed it he had assumed it was loose somewhere, not in a ball! Had everyone else thought that too?

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:33 pm
(Ranger A, Izaya, Aulus)

"Pokeball? You actually caught it in... a pokeball?" she asked, astonished that such a thing could happen. "Capture stylers sound really neat though... are they some sort of technology?" The ranger seemed excited enough to talk with them on the subject... and though the information about the legend being caught in a pokeball was much more useful for now, the idea of the 'capture stylers' was too alluring to pass up. Tech might be excited about something like that later on... maybe.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:37 pm
[Ranger A > Izaya, Riley, Aulus]

The ranger laughed at Aulus's remark. "Well, it took a lot of coaxing, that's for sure!" Her bright disposition sobered slightly. "They're things of wonder, legendaries, but it's also important to remember that they're terribly powerful. If it didn't want to stay with us anymore, it certainly wouldn't." She was visibly struck by a thought and waved her hands hurriedly, addressing Riley again, "Not that that's anything to worry about, Miss! It's-- Well..." She lowered her volume and raised her hand to hide her mouth, "Fairly speaking, it's not a dragon-type, but keep that on the down-low, right?"

That done, she returned to a normal speaking volume, "Yes, ma'am! Though the stylers did help an awful lot. They're Ranger Union tech, real common in places like Fiore and Oblivia but not so much elsewhere."  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:39 pm
[Civilian A > Zacharie, Rory]

She seemed positively giddy over his response. "Ohh! That is a wonderful reason to come here, flora on islands such as this seems so surprisingly diverse. I may have to try to come here more often to study it further. Tell me, are you here independently or on behalf of an organization? What is your specific area of study?" Clearly she didn't get to talk about this sort of thing with very many people.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:40 pm
[Civilian D > Kyle, Xander]

"I'm sorry to say that it's our first time as well," Noel replied, inclining her head to a side. "I'm not sure what exactly the island has to offer as far as attractions go, apart from today's event."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 29 30 31 32 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff