Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:24 pm
Ray

"'Cause it's dangerous!" he proclaimed, turning back to the person that he presumed to be the Crobat's trainer. He gesticulated broadly with his arms for emphasis, "Especially if you're not expecting it! Someone would definitely get hurt at least every now and then!"  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:29 pm
"Ahhh but you're a pokemon trainer aren't you?" She pointed out with a grin, adding to his wide gesture as she leaned forward and held a finger up to him "Pokemon are pretty dangerous."
she grinned again and chuckled deeply, "Alright, well, I'll try and remind him not to go after red heads anymore, but I'm not exactly the boss of him, so who knows if it will stick."

Something seemed to strike her and she arched an eyebrow, eying the boy with a new level of interest "He might have thought you were pray, actually. What then?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:37 pm
Ray

"Aaah!" He waved his arms as if clearing Ray's words from the air. "Don't tell my mom that! She'll never let me do it!" Shoyo didn't really like the idea of dangerous stuff himself, but he was pretty sure it was actually a lot less dangerous than this person was making it out to be. After all, they let ten-year-olds wander around alone, and one rarely heard anything of their journeys going awry.

He was briefly unsettled by the suggestion, but he readily dismissed and argued against it, "He would not! I'm not that small!"  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:48 pm
Ray let out a full boisterous laugh at the younger trainers response, waving her hands around to help him and shake her head "Oh no I won't do anything like that. Besides, I always say that you're never safer from the risks of the world then when you're with a well trusted pokemon! True fact, I'm proof of that."
She stepped over, reaching an elbow out to nudge the smaller red head "What mom doesn't know won't hurt her." Compelte with a wink.

"Hey! think of it this way, what you don't have in height you clearly just make up in spunk." She offered, not giving a definite confirmation that the Crobat would or would not have thought Shoyo as Pray.
"So you say you're a trainer right? What do you have for a team?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:08 pm
Ray

Well, he could get behind that... to a degree, at least. He didn't expect to be able to convince his mother that training was as safe as the League advertised, but there certainly wasn't any need to go back home and tell her about how a Crobat randomly snatched him off the ground and could have gone up into the sky and dropped him back down to earth and wow that wasn't particularly fun to think about, moving on.

"Spunk's got nothing to do with it!" he contested, bouncing his fists insistently and completely forgetting the matter of whether or not the Crobat would have tried to eat him. "I can make up for my height by jumping, no problem!" That was why he had worked on his vertical jump so much in the first place, after all.

"Geh, I did say that," he confirmed reluctantly. It wasn't untrue, certainly, but it was kind of... misleading. "I've got Giant! He's a Hawlucha; we've been together for a long time!"  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:13 pm
Of everything she expected him to say, 'jumping' wasn't really one she expected, and the surprise on her face was evident enough.
"Jumping you say?" She started tilting her head "You're a good jumper?"

"Ohhh whats with that tone?" again her eyebrows arched and she squinted one eye "what, are you just starting out or something?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:23 pm
Ray

"Sure am!" Shoyo replied, all confidence and wearing a broad smile in his features. "I'm good at running, too, but lots of people can do that. There aren't so many people who are as good at jumping as I am!" Not so many that he had met, at least, and naturally those were the only people who counted in his sample.

On the topic of training, he was much more reserved, slightly embarrassed. "Yeah, I guess so... I've had a license for a long time, but where I lived before, there weren't a whole lot of trainers or even a lot of pokemon. Giant's strong, but it's like, you know," he raised his arms in a classic bodybuilder pose, "like muscle strong. I don't know if it's the same kind of strong as in battling with moves and stuff."  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:49 pm
Suudonym
Shoyo
Aijaa
Lu

Dith grinned at Shoyo, nodding sympathetically and enjoying the silly impression. "That sounds like no fun; I was lucky, I always knew what I wanted to do. Yes though, you can make a living - or at least supplement your income - if you get good at training. I wouldn't be surprised if we start getting more tournaments and things here in Kodo now we have the League too, and-"

Dith stopped and turned; the other giant person had come over without him noticing, ostensibly to ask about hats. Did he actually want to know about hats or had he noticed a fellow giant and was also interested in sharing said giantness?

"Hi!" Dith beamed at Lu. "I don't think I have I'm afraid, I kind of walked over here half asleep. Uh, nice to meet you though! My name is Dima, or Dith if you prefer, and this is Shoyo who I have just met too and-"

A lot of things were happening suddenly; Dith blinked a bit dazedly as Ray slightly assaulted Shoyo.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:07 pm
Kirk

Lyra smiled at Lu sunnily. “That sounds like a good idea, do have fun.” Poor dear, so very, very adorable. But if he stayed, she would just go out of her way to make him flush more, since he was so cute when he did. She shook her head when he was out of ear shot. “That boy, adorable but so shy, it’s a waste, especially with those looks.” He was adorable, but he could go so much farther if he wasn’t so antisocial.

Lyra looked over Kirk, tapping her fingers thoughtfully. “Actually, I think I can place you slightly. The hottie with the body in the chemistry department? Lex had the most annoying crush on you for a while. I take it he finally got up the nerve to talk to you, since the texts for advice stopped after a month and a half?” It had been years.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:12 pm
Dith

Oh, dear- Lu wondered if he should help out his fellow tall man's small friend, but decided nah, the person who'd jumped him... didn't feel unfriendly. Yeah. Lu watched them with a wary gaze for a second, but there was no maiming, so whatever.

"Oh, th-that's too bad. I guess I'll have to wander a little... I'm sure I'll find something," Lu offered a hesitant smile, "Being all the way up here, it's like the sun is in your eyes even more, and anywhere there's shade is always too low." He complained, lighthearted. Sure, he came out to get some sun, but even Lu didn't like being blinded. Nor did he like his nose getting sunburnt, and he had plenty of nose to get burnt. "N-nice to meet you too, um...Dima! Er- I'm Lu. A-are you from around here? My hometown isn't too far away." He offered, suddenly a little more interested in making a tall friend than finding a hat.  

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:14 pm
A light incline of her head to the side with a perk of interest, of all the things to be proud of that certainly was an interesting choice. "Alright, lets see it then." she said with a gesture toward him. "Show me this jumping power you've got."

Nodding to show her understanding, shifting her weight as she glances over to Double Stripe. While Impact on her back shifts and continues to chirp indignantly ever since being accused of trying to eat the boy.
"Yeah, well, thats something that you just get better at with practice, like anything else, I'm sure you weren't born being a... jumper."  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:55 pm
Ray

He leaned down to stretch his legs in preparation, "Mmm, well, it'd be easier if I were all warmed up, but..." How tall was this person in front of him? Taller than him, but certainly a league below the two-meter giants whose company he had shared only a little while ago. If it were a battle at a net, he felt confident that he could at least get a touch on her spike. And so with the image in his head, he leaped to block the attack coming from over the top of the illusionary net, his arms extended so that at the peak of his jump his hands were a good few feet over Ray's head.

He landed with a bounce and a short exhale just a moment later, his eyes bright. "I wasn't born with much," he said. "I'm short, I'm not very smart, and I don't have any natural talents - but I can work harder than anyone! I don't know much about training now, but one day I'm gonna be an ace trainer for sure, no matter what it takes!"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:54 pm
Aijaa
Vincent

Zacharie watched the exchange between the two men with some confusion. From the way that Andre rolled his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest you would think that he'd be annoyed...but the fond smile completely ruined any illusion of that. Vincent's words made it seem as if the blond was actually upset about it...but his light tone and laughter made it obvious that it was all in jest.

...These two were confusing.

The teen blinked owlishly up at Vincent, obviously having not been paying particularly close attention. "...Whichever way would be easiest for you to teach me with." He said slowly, loosening his grip on the squirming Peldes so she could jump out of his arms. "I brought a collapsible net but I must admit that I hadn't thought that I would be doing any fishing so I'm quite limited in such items." As the little Absol began to paw at his sneakers, Andre picked the pokemon up as he glanced around. "Perhaps just a strong stick and wire will be sufficient enough." He suggested, idly petting the cooing pokemon's head.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:51 pm
Shoyo

The half lidded expression that she had adopted widened again with a great excitement as the boy reared back, and just as he had said, the boy was suddenly leaping up into the air as if he was about to take off into flight.
The women held her ground, though she had an impulse to take a step back as he leaped easily nearly to her head and over.

"I'll Admit!" Ray burst out very suddenly once he had dropped back onto his feet "I though you were exaggerating a little when you said you were a good jumper! Arceus Kid! You put the kind of work into trainer as you do for jumping, you'll be an Ace Trainer no problem!"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:13 pm
Ray

Shoyo beamed widely, proud to have earned the acknowledgment and even prouder to know he had earned it over doubt. Her vote of confidence only fired him up more, and he bounced upwards, splaying his limbs out for the moment that he was airborne, "Yeah! I'll definitely do it!" The brief catharsis allowed him to get a handle on his enthusiasm, and he turned to indicate Dima a ways away, "The person I was talking to before is gonna teach me the basics of battling and training in stuff in exchange for my teaching him about volleyball! It's gonna be so awesome - I can't wait!" Whether he was more excited to learn about pokemon or teach about volleyball was a question that even Shoyo couldn't have answered easily.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff