Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Event Archive
Great Hall Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:29 pm
User Image
Oh you should've stayed home.
You should've known better!

How much do you want to bet my blood is purer than yours?

Second Year Slytherin
Wand: Hazel and Merpeople Scales, Inflexible, Decorated Shaft,
9 1/2 inches in length
Wearing: White: The color of Innocence, right?

☁ ☂ ☁

"When you ran into me?" She corrected dryly. Honestly Vander's description was probably a far more accurate description of their meeting at the station than the one Wendy offered, but she felt no reason to give the male that advantage. "Besides, I was trying to get rid of an overly cheerful Hufflepuff, if you had forgotten. If I was annoyed at all it would have been more at her. You try being related to someone who at thirteen can in four languages fluently tell you all about how everyone should be friends and smiling is apparently physiologically easier than frowning." She raised a brow at Vander before shaking her head slightly and letting out the briefest of exasperated sighs.

Cathaline League was a menance and without a doubt a manipulative genius. Granted, Wendy wasn't sure if the Hufflepuff worked to be by building her constantly sunny, happy persona that was so irritating to Wendy or if it was by pure luck that it was the Hufflepuff's natural personality that just happened to make it so possible for her to have things fall into place as she wanted so easily. Wendy suspected it was a combination of both though how much of one or the other was hard to say. Regardless, if anyone should recognize the whole cunning of the whole thing, Wendy reckoned a Slytherin would. Besides hadn't Vander pointed out the saying about attracting more flies with honey.

As Vander adamantly said he didn't care about what Wendy wanted she nodded in agreement. It was the expected answer. It was very likely true, even. Quite frankly with old families like the Lillantines, the Chaistys (and the Averys of course), what individuals wanted never was seen as a priority and only occasionally ranked high enough in priorities to even be noted. "What is there worth knowing about me, though?" Wendy asked slightly amused but more confused by the thought of actually talking about herself personally. What was there worth sharing? Nothing someone from an old family like Vander's wouldn't already know, or so Wendy figured.

She continued, though, in her calm neutral tone, as if speaking of the weather, "All the old families know enough about each other and the members of them that would matter. What else matters beyond where someone like me lays on a family tree? That sort of thing is what people like us are in the end, where we are born, the blood we carry, the name put on us. Simple really." She concluded, shaking her head briefly. Her blue eyes showed the faintest hint of confusion at the concept their was anything worth speaking of beyond that but it was also a simple acceptance of the facts she had stated. The idea of individuality-while she had it to some point, all humans did, and personal interests, and no doubt Evander Lillantine did to-was such a bizarre concept to Wendy. It seemed like a luxury that you had instead of money or a title or a history to fall back. They didn't go together-not in Wendy's mind. Besides, no one really bothered to ask Wendy what she personally felt on anything or personally liked. After all, it didn't matter.

User Image

You thought you were gonna throw it back in my face,
but tell me how do my leftovers taste!

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:32 pm
User Image
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

Since the day they got married
He'd been praying for a little baby boy
Someone he could take fishing
Throw the football, be his pride and joy

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

========================
Nina Kagome Vienna
Reserve Beater ♥ Single ♥ Second Year ♥ Gryffindor ♥ Muggleborn
========================

And now, he's wrapped around her finger
She's the center of his whole world
And his heart belongs to that sweet, little, beautiful, wonderful, perfect
All-American girl

╔═════════════════════╗

Nina chuckled. "Not as many as you think. Mostly just Ari. Otherwise? You... And that's probably it. I don't talk as much as I probably should." She said as they started dancing or whatever was going on. She wasn't so sure what was going on now. And when he joked about singing, she started chuckling before her laughter started. It only last about a moment before she covered her mouth and giggled into her hand. "I'm not sure if I understand that one. No scratch that, my brother. He can't sing and sounds a little... VERY very little bit better in the shower." She said giggling. The girl smiled as they started moving side to side, like the other couples. She wasn't sure what was going on, but hey. As long as they didn't step on each others feet right?

((Sorry, so busy.... And that was so little....))

╚═════════════════════╝

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

He could already see him holding that trophy
Taking his team to state
But when the nurse came in with a little pink blanket
All those big dreams changed

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

╔═════════════════════╗
I'm looking rather cute in my Yule Ball attire
And it feels good to be with people like Benjamin
Although my mind keeps wandering to Oh! It's Benjamin!

╚═════════════════════╝

RedEagleEye007

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:34 pm
We have a flair for the shade and the inbetween...
We like to run with the wolves from the darker scene!
When we turn the safety off, the shots are automatic...
All our friends tell their friends we're so dramatic!
We'll have you wrapped around our trigger finger.
Clean key yellow, you're the target for our stinger!
We'll make you flinch, make it hurt just a little...
We're the boys and the girls and the freaks in the middle!

Please keep your victory: Calm
Just give me little death: ...
I know that you're afraid of: Ball Attendees
What I might be made of: Yule Ball

M O R V E N | G R A I N N E | V A S S
B L O O D T R A I T O R | S L Y T H E R I N | T H I R D Y E A R User Image

Morven shrugged in a noncommittal way. She had seen the fourth years. Sort of. She'd seen the third years too, and the second years. It wasn't as if there was a huge selection, at least not in Slytherin, and Morven was pretty sure she'd never be able to tolerate even a date with someone from another house. Especially not Hufflepuff, ew. The boys around their age in their house were, not exactly, she thought snidely, the cream of the crop. Either they were practically robotic, they reeked of arrogance, they just seemed strange, or they obviously weren't interested or were already taken. And Morven was not about to get on the bad side of one of her female house mates, who could be about ten times more cruel than their male counterparts, over some silly boy. It was not worth the permanent scarring that might ensue. Morven wasn't some meek little hanger-on, but she wasn't stupid, either.

At Camila's raised eyebrow and final comment, Morven's jaw dropped a little before she shook her head viciously. "I seriously doubt that was the case," she muttered. It wasn't that she thought she was a troll, or just plain un-pretty, but she doubted she was Ryans' type. He certainly hadn't given off much of an of interest, unless he was just "playing it cool". She didn't have the patience to be waiting around for that sort of thing, anyways. It was bad enough watching older students playing the "let's make each other jealous" game. It was only then that it occurred to her that Camila might actually just be teasing her, and she gave her friend an accusing look of "really" before she noticed Seymour Ryans making his way over to them. She hadn't even seen him leave his friends and stop taking pictures of the two. "I'm sure you were positively crushed," she replied in a voice of mock sweetness, fighting the urge to roll her eyes at his theatrics.

She glanced sideways at Camila as he held out a hand. She didn't really know what to do. One the one hand, she did want to dance. Preferably with a boy, and there were worse looking ones than Ryans, and more annoying, too. But on the other hand, Camila was still her friend, and though Morven had never cared if what she did or said was rude or not, she didn't think the other girl deserved to have Morven skipping off with a boy to dance before she even had a chance to respond herself. She didn't take his hand, but she didn't flat out turn down the offer, either. "I don't know, Camila, what do you think? Who's going to sacrifice themselves for the greater good of poor, scorned Seymour here's broken heart?" she asked in a droll tone.

IF YOU WANT TO RULE THE WORLD, YOU'VE GOT TO STOP PRETENDING.

Essy ze Ninja

mc2

We know the halls you walk are unforgiving.
It's not the kind of place to find your place among the living.
We have a plan, we've got the means for your liberation...
You'll only have to blur the lines on a few occasions...
We have the cure for your crisis, never patent pending!
If you come along with us the doors are never ending!
If you want to rule the world you've got to stop pretending!
We're the boys and the girls and the freaks in the middle.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:08 pm

Why can't everyone just smoke like me?xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Just gimme quiet place and lemme roll my weed xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Where ain't nobody in my business don't nobody gotta know
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Let all your conscious go and blow it by the O
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I'm here but my mind's gone

User Image

Captain Crash
Seventh Year Gryffindor

”Never thought I'd be here, with you, like this,” he expressed with the small wave of his free hand, the winter wonderland really was the icing on the cake. He ventured deeper, beneath the spiked icicles that clung to the column rafters, through enchanted ice and snow, and on to the dance floor. At least a dozen other couples had already begun to sway to the music; Crash had to wonder where it was even coming from, but couldn't exactly find the means to focus on that. A jolt of butterflies flooded in the pit of his belly, he was a ball of nerves as she slipped her arms around his neck and in turn, he slid his hands around to the small of her back. It was a little closer than he was used to, he had to admit, it wasn't exactly “church appropriate”, not that he was complaining in the slightest. He tucked his chin against the side of her head for the first few moments, swaying in harmony to the music, leading gently in a slow circle.

”I gotta admit,” his southern American drawl articulated heavily at this moment, ”I'm glad you said yes.” He bit his tongue for a moment before continuing. ”I wasn't sure if you'd already had another date,” he explained. He didn't want to give off the impression that he couldn't get a date with a girl like her, that'd just be stupid of him. ”So,...” He paused for a moment, blinked, and after racking his brain for two whole seconds, released an exasperated laugh. ”I'm just here trying to think of something to say, anything really, but, I— I guess I just can't think of anything? Is that bad?” He shook his head. Smile tilting into a half cocked smirk. ”How about I start with something simple? Not those lame, little, 'what's your favorite color' kind of questions, either. Guess maybe it won't be that simple, but.. It'll be interesting.” He guided her in a quick turn, swaying back and forth and left and right to keep it simple while they spoke. ”What do you value most in life?”

“I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours?”
                                                              He teased, that smirk had reached full reign as he swept her around in another slow circle.

╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄══════════════╗
5' 7"__ 145lbs_ _ 17yrs
The Yule Ball with Alex
Crimson Bravado
╚══════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

kiska166

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:09 pm
User Image
User ImagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image

Where: Great Hall
With: Seph and Dylan
Thoughts//OOC: OMG Seph planned this on purpose!!!!
Outfit: Yule Ball outfit!

Emily smiled as he took the lead and they started dancing. She was rather enjoying this. Being so close to Dylan as she was. But whenever she realized how close they were, she would blush a little bit. This was so cutesy! Was she even ready for something like this? She read about these sorts of things before, in romance novels that her mother read, but didn't know that she had been reading. This sort of thing sometimes led to kisses and cutesy stuff! She kinda hoped, but didn't let herself actually hope. She was too young anyway! She also thought that Persephone Tempest had set her up... But it was a good kind of set her up. It was! But she couldn't spend all night with Dylan, even though she might have liked too. "So, How's your night been?" She asked curiously, wondering if small talk was okay, even if she wasn't able to really distract him by actually talking.

Godly Tendencies

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:36 pm
User Image
Dylan
Burgamy

RavenclawSecond Year12 Years OldSingle │ Chaser

Dylan noticed her continuous blushing and couldn't help but do the same, his eyes flickering over to the older couples just to see how they were dancing, which led to him kind of mimicking them. He looked back at Emily once she spoke to him, shrugging his shoulders lightly. "It's been okay.. Better now. It was kinda uneventful before, but I'm having fun now. How has your night been?" He wasn't sure what else to say. Also, did Persephone usually take this long to get drinks? He didn't know her that well, but he supposed Emily would know.

shabatha

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

OOC:
What: Dancing!
Where: Yule Ball
With: Emily

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:59 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                        ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Tori giggled at Lyall as he apologized as well. He was such a sweet friend. The blonde twirled, her dress shimmering in the fancy lights and the gentle snowfall in the Hall. Why was it snowing, anyways? Sure, it looked pretty and added to the whole Christmas-y theme of it all, but wasn't that some sort of hazard to the students? What if someone fell and hurt themselves? What if one person falling caused a chain of falls among others? It was in that moment that Tori was glad she had chosen to wear ballet flats instead of anything with a heel. She didn't want to spend the rest of Christmas break in the Hospital!

When the dance was finished, Tori curtsied again, smiling at her friend. "Thank you for the dance, kind sir. Now, go dance with Rider," she said, giving the boy a gentle shove towards his housemate. The blonde looked around at the other dancers, weaving through the crowds to stand near the edge of the dance floor so she could watch her friends.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PUREBLOOD GRYFFINDOR FIRST YEARxxx

I'm not your average type of girl. I'm gonna show the world the strength in me that sometimes they can't see.
                                                        I'm about to switch my style, and soon things may get wild, but I will prove that I can conquer anything.
                                                        Better watch out, going for the knockout, and I won't stop till I'm on top now! Not gonna give up until I get what's mine.
                                                        Better check that, I'm about to upset, and I'm hot now so you better step back! I'm taking over so watch me shine!

{ooc: TORI IS OFFICIALLY OFF THE DANCE FLOOR AND OPEN FOR INTERACTION C: I'M EXCITED CAN YOU TELL}

Miss GryffindorK

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:10 pm
User ImageUser Image

upcσmíng fírst чєαrнυffℓєρυffmugglєвσrn

вєcαusє ι'м нαρρу

Lyall danced happily, enjoying the music. He looked around, his glasses occasionally glinting with light. Tori seemed interested in something about the room, and he pondered what it might be. As the song slowed, they did as well, Lyall brushing a bit of snow from Tori's shoulder. "And thank you, Miss Tori Rae, for such a wonderful dance!" He mimicked what he'd seen adults in movies do after a dance and kissed her fingers, before blushing and giggling like a fool. He quickly scurried over to Rider, Pru, and Addison, then tapped Rider's shoulder. "Rider, may I dance with you?" He offered a hand, eager to dance with another of his very best friends.

The Shiny Furret

SummerIsles

{OoC:}

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:27 pm
User Image
----------r ι d e r--------w ι l ѕ o n----------

♪ You gotta fight ♫
♪ For your right ♫
♪ to PARTY! ♫

-----------ғ ι r ѕ т----y e a r----н υ ғ ғ l e p υ ғ ғ-----------

What am I doing? Yule Ball.
How am I feeling? Fancy!
What's on my mind? Everything is so pretty!!

Rider had just begun to dance with her friends when Lyall tapped her and asked her if she wanted to dance. She smiled happily and accepted his hand, turning to face the boy. Taking his other hand with hers, she started to sway with the music of a new song. "This is very fun, isn't it Ly?!?" Rider beamed excitedly at him, moving a little closer to him so she didn't bump into anyone. Beaming at him, she started to pick up the tempo of their dance.

-----------o υ т----o ғ----c н a r a c т e r-----------

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

The Shiny Furret

shabatha

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:07 pm
User Image

___________________________________________________________________________________
sσмє тнιиɢs scяαтcн тнє sυяғαcє ωнιℓє σтнєяs sтяιкє αт чσυя sσυℓ

User Image

Dark eyes twinkled at the response she had received, and she moved her hand instinctively to try and hide that beaming grin on her face; long, bony fingers cradled her chin and suppressed her silent giggles from escaping. But she shrugged her shoulders and waved the heavy animosity off, it didn't last long anyway, just a subtle little look and a ferocious shake of her friend's head. ”I know, I know, I'm sorry, couldn't resist,” she let the harmless little laugh roll off of her tongue now that she dropped her facade. It really was depressing, though, gazing out at the sea of students. The girls outnumbered the boys three to one, making an already narrow selection even worse. Camila didn't need a boyfriend, per say, but it's nice to be wanted, she's sure even her friend would agree.

Camila was a bit surprised when she took notice of Benjamin, as if she hadn't seen him at all until Morven decided to spare a moment of her attention for him. She didn't silence the laughter that followed her friend's mocking tone, really, what was he expecting? Still, she had to admit, it was sorta cute in a weird way. ”I don't knooooow,” she veered her gaze around to meet Morven's, exaggerating her response. ”How will we ever decide?” She mused, tapping her finger against her chin and pursed her lips in deep thought. Seriously though, how were they going to decide? It was a moment like this that could make or break a friendship, getting chosen by a boy over your friend, or worse, your friend choosing a boy over you? It would leave one of them standing off to the side, all foreign and awkward, while the other would probably still be just as awkward but at least, blending in... ”I guess that depends, do you just want to dance? Or are you trying to get back at la rubia over there? Because if you are, then the smart thing to do would be to dance with both of us at once.” Did she really just say that? She blinked and maintained a lackluster smile as she tried to comprehend her own words. At least her accent was still crystal clear, she hadn't spoken any Spanish at all since the school year began.

[OOC:// the blonde]

╔════════════════════╗
═━┈ Third Year┈━═
Great Hall, The Yule Ball
Dressed in:
Yull Ball Gown
13 yrs5' 3"126lbs
╚════════════════════╝

The Forgotten Weasley
mc2

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:26 pm
User ImageUser Image

upcσmíng fírst чєαrнυffℓєρυffmugglєвσrn

вєcαusє ι'м нαρρу

Lyall let Rider lead him onto the floor, both their hands holding together. This song was much more upbeat, so he did his best to dance in tempo. "Very, very fun! It's nice to dance with you, Rider!" He felt he was dancing a bit silly, but he knew she wouldn't judge. The boy tried to copy moves he noticed others doing, but ended up just dancing to the tune of the song. Rider scooted a bit closer, but romantic interest wasn't even close to a thought for the eleven year old, so he just grinned at her, still dancing like a goof.

SummerIsles

{OoC:}

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:58 pm
User Image"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy."
Seymour Benjamin Ryans

"Efficiency is intelligent laziness."

spaceSeymour Benjamin Ryans burst out laughing at the two girl's response to his theatrics and his question though when Camila suggested dancing with both of them at once his eyes widened in surprise for a moment, before he settled raising a brow and keeping his cheeky grin. "Seymour?" Benjamin first complained to Morven, "Come on, only my Mum... well Dad does too and his parents... call me that. It's a dreadful name. I mean, granted they have pretty horrid names too so maybe they think Seymour is a normal name but still... Seymour? It sounds horrid, Morven..."

He shook his head chuckling and continued with a shrug, "As for Princesa Mira, I'm not that petty. Besides, obviously she prefers the silent type and mi amigo Timmy has got the crown of the whole silent thing down-me not so much. Never was much of a fan of blondes anyways and let's face it I can handle her like a possible cuñada futura or something maybe, but she's sort of annoying and in the boring sort of way. Timmy can have at her."

He chuckled shaking his head, "Besides, even if I was serious about her-I'm not that petty sort. Then again, that's supposing I'm serious about anything. Anyways, I've done my duty as a friend and got enough black mail material to last for the next six months if I want already-" he tapped his camera, "-so I figure I'm free to do whatever. I'm here for the entertainment. Dancing. Food. Laughing at Timothy and his date. Chatting up with some of the more likable female housemates of mine. Whatever. Though, I can totally claim the broken heart thing and be a dance either of you-or both-bestow on me out of the kindness of your generous hearts."

He shrugged apparently completely unruffled by anything and not afraid to laugh at himself on his outrageous statements, "I'm adaptable. And hey death glares from Morven that don't hold a candle to my Mum's even if they both got that red head thing going on and/or hanging out with a teammate from Quidditch is better than the alternatives."

(( OOC))
                                                    Translations: (1) Princess Mira
                                                    (2)my friend
                                                    (3)future sister-in-law

Time: The Yule Ball
                                                    Place: The Great Hall
                                                    Wearing: A camera and somewhat formal clothes

The Forgotten Weasley
                                                    Essy ze Ninja

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:12 pm
Consuming space and time you welcome it.
And drawing side-by-side the lines you see fit...
Truth or consequence; you yield and go-
And take control!
You’re getting big, you’re wanting more...
You’re hiding behind your plastic soul.
Screaming out loud, "Give me it now!"
I don’t have a doubt who’s in control.

ᵉᵛᵃᶰᵈᵉʳ ᵗʳᶤˢᵗᵃᶰ ˡᶤˡˡᵃᶰᵗᶤᶰᵉ
ˢˡʸᵗʰᵉʳᶤᶰ ᶠᶤʳˢᵗ ʸᵉᵃʳ
ᵖᵘʳᵉᵇˡᵒᵒᵈ ʰᵉᶤʳ
User Image

You're getting big: Amused | You're wanting more: ... | Hiding behind: Wendy | Your plastic soul: Yule Ball

Vander gave her a look that expressed just how unimpressed he was by her bald faced lie. She could at least have made it sound more like she genuinely thought that was how it had happened. "Oh yes," he commented. "Your cousin. Did she hit her head when she was small or something? Or is she just always that disturbing?" If he'd thought that Wendy actually cared for her cousin, he might have tried to sound more mocking, but he knew she didn't, so he didn't even bother. It was useful to know that the girl was apparently some sort of aspiring linguist, though. He wondered exactly which languages she knew- old, dead ones still taught to some pureblood children, like Latin and Greek, or regular ones still in use?

He was surprised, but not too surprised when she seemingly agreed with him. Wendy obviously wasn't afraid to disagree with him, so it wasn't as if he thought she was just nodding for nothing. But her question caught him off-guard, and he blinked at her in confusion. "I didn't ask for your entire life story," he pointed out flatly. Didn't girls like talking about themselves? He wasn't mesmerized or even really, really interested in what she had to say, but surely she knew what "small talk" was, right? Right? Even he knew that, and he was terrible at it. He wasn't very good at things like "discretion" and "subtlety". Pointless things, really.

"It's not that it matters," he insisted. "It's that you've got to talk about something, right? Didn't they teach you that? How do you get other people to talk about themselves? You talk about yourself." He recited it like a simple lesson, but his eyes were somewhat doubtful. He'd rather just make other people tell him what he wanted to find out. It seemed a lot easier than having to gain their trust and whatnot. Too much work, all of that. He would have shrugged, had they not been dancing. Instead, he cocked his head a little at her. "It doesn't have to be true, but my father said it helps if part of it is, because people hate liars. I have two siblings," he offered. "I can't stand them." He would have said hate, and maybe he should have, but in truth if they weren't there, who would he harass and antagonize? Antigone and Cyrus had purposes, just extremely shallow ones, the way he saw it.

ᵃᶰᵈ ʲᵘᶳᵗ ˡᶤᵏᵉ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ˡᵒᶳᵉ ᶜᵒᶰᵗʳᵒˡˑ

mc2

If you follow everyone it’s easier to find-
You have the courage and the heart to lose your mind!
Behind the curtain there’s a certain man you know...
You can’t control.
You need it now, you want it more...
Hiding behind your plastic soul.
You scream out loud, "Give me it now!"
I don’t have doubt who’s in control.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:01 pm
x
x
x
x

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

x
                                    ████████████████xx ℓεxιηε vαηcε xx███████xxxxjust because you don't understand something doesn't mean it's nonsense.

Fourth Year | | Fourteen | | Ravenclaw | | Dating Iñigo | | Half-Blood | | Seeker

As soon as Iñigo claimed to have an 'excellent photographic memory' Lexine couldn't help but let out a slight laugh as she attempted to stifle it. While Iñigo certainly wasn't as ditzy as she, he certainly did not have a photographic memory. She did rather like hearing that his father had a giant library. After all, the first time Lexine went to Iñigo's house they didn't do much and she never saw his father's study. "Well, I know where I'm going the next time I visit your house." Lexine joked. The two of them both knew just hope much she loved reading considering her basement was basically a giant library filled with many books that Lexine was quickly going through. "I would absolutely love to have an entire room dedicated to books. Stereotypical Ravenclaw, I know, but still...I mean, I only really have the wall of books in the basement, and I've read most of those already." She shrugged. "But I guess I did tell you this once, didn't I?" She asked. Lexine could faintly recall her telling Iñigo about wanting to turn their play room into a mini-library as soon as Evan, her little brother, lost interest in hanging out in there.

"It's not that I'm weird about being perfect or anything, it's just that...well, I'm a Fourth Year, I should know how to slow dance -- or dance period -- and...um, this is my first time actually dancing with someone, ya'know?" She giggled nervously, biting her bottom lip. "I don't know, I'm weird about this kind of thing I guess...it's just not something I do." She shrugged. Letting out a long sigh, Lexine looked up at Iñigo. "Anyway...um... What'cha wanna talk about? I feel like this shouldn't just be an awkward silence." Lexine stammered. When in the common room, Lexine was generally one to start the conversation, however nothing came to mind as she worried of people staring at her. It wasn't that she was uncomfortable being around Iñigo, it was just the whole dating thing...she still wasn't quite used to it.

yule ball x ooc :: ugh, sorry it took so long to reply ><

RedEagleEye007

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:28 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Yule Ball : Great Hall (Dance Floor)

“You’re not boring, David. I think your idea of Christmas is simply wonderful.” Leonette told him giving him a kiss on the cheek. Honestly who wouldn’t like the idea of hot coco by the fire with someone they loved. That was pretty much every Christmas for her family within reason. Listening to David when he mentioned he could be dating someone who was less problematic only one person came to mind. ‘Someone like Sapphire…’ she thought quickly pushing the thought aside. “Not boring… but yes, you are right.” she agreed.

It was funny that David liked Mira just as much as it seemed Mira liked him. Deep down Leonette had a sinking feeling that if they were to be broken up for any reason her sister would never speak to her again. They hardly spoke now so anything that made them lose contact with each other even more was something Leo just couldn’t think of. “Oddly enough, I think she might like you too. Whether it’s because you two are so alike I really can’t say but, I do know this, it takes a certain person to get through to my sister. You just so happen to be one of them.” She said with a smile.

Leonette closed her eyes when David pulled her closer to him. She couldn’t think of anyone she’d rather be closer with. When he mentioned having to deal with his business she gave a light sigh. She really didn’t want him to leave but she knew he didn’t have a choice. The time they had together was special and anything that separated them with Leonette’s busy schedule wasn’t something either of them wanted. Besides, she could tell just by how he brought it up. “It’s fine, I’ll be here.” She replied watching him head out of the great hall.

As she watched her boyfriend leave Leonette for a brief moment thought she saw Sapphire. There was no way that was David’s business right? Thinking back to being so sure that David wouldn’t do anything to hurt her, she tried hard to believe that. Perhaps she needed to find out for herself, if no one was going to tell her anything she’d have to take things into her own hands. After a brief while of questioning herself Leonette brought herself to follow after her boyfriend. She hoped she wasn’t overstepping her boundaries.

(Exit after David to the Christmas Garden)

With: David... no one technically...

Wearing: Formal Dress with a gift of my own.

OOC: ---

User Image
Gwen the Finch

Gryfindor you say?
Yes, I could see you doing well there...
So be it! Gryffindor!

mc2
shabatha

Event Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out