Welcome to Gaia! ::

My Little Phony

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Phonyland! 8D 

Tags: phony, phonies, phonyland, unicorn, pegasus 

Reply Administrative Archives | Where Old Threads Die
MDM 2015: The Great Cape Caper CYOA Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jun D
Captain

Shoujo Shounen

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 2:37 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

B: A handsome cocktail waiter with a tail that hits the floor and an impeccable uniform

Of course it was a dress. Why wouldn't it be. A strangely familiar-looking one too, though Jessica Rabbit wouldn't be able to pick out a pop culture reference if it hit him in the face. Nevertheless, despite his disgust as he pulled on the slinky, sparkly red number, the gloves, and the earrings to match, he felt compelled to complete the look with the purple eyeshadow and hooker-red lipstick included.

He strode into the ballroom like a mare on a mission, swept an imperious gaze about the proceedings, and made a beeline for the cocktail waiter.

"Get that tail off the floor," he hissed, his own sheared Brush 'N' Grow flicking irritably, "this tail-sweeping business might be good enough for those Equestria plebs, but we here at Phonyland have standards."

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 3:13 pm
Ganymede chooses path B - A handsome cocktail waiter

Ganymede hurried into his formal attire, pleasantly surprised with how well it suit him. A pale blue jacket with matching vest and a white trim, which made him feel... pretty. It even included a few accessories, such as a cravat and some stars and moon themed pins, which he gleefully attached. He wished he had a mirror to look in and see how great he looked! What a cool outfit they gave him! And his favorite colors too. They seemed to know an awful lot about him... or maybe it was just luck?

Either way, he entered the grand ballroom, and despite his youth, no one seemed to pay him any mind. He must not be the only babby in action. He held his head up high, and looked around for the contact. Someone with an egg cutie mark and long hair? He could see several that appeared to match the description, but maybe it was the waiter? What better contact than someone on the waitstaff, and with his super long tail, he clearly had the long hair required!

Ganymede approached him, trying to look natural. "Excuse me sir, can I get a water, please?" He blushed a bit. Up close, the waiter was much more handsome than he'd thought and it made him nervous. He really hoped this was the man he was looking for...

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

EchoLimaFoxtrot

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 3:36 pm
D: A striking white mare mixing drinks.

Secret-AGENT-Lemon Pledge strutted down the catwalk. He was feeling good, even if the concert hall had been a bust. But... He was feeling good! His sparkly collared top and sequins-spangled green bow tie did nothing to hide him in this crowd. He stood out, but considering that TACO might be showig up, he wasn't too concert. He was blending in by standing out - for who would suspect a flashy agent? His white teeth flashed when he smiled and he swished his curly hair.

Walking up to the drink-mixing mare, A. Lenon Pledge decided she would be a good choice to question. The Boss said to invite a dance, but he had a good feeling... The hired help usually hear everything that is goong on.  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 5:51 pm
C: A tall stallion in a flawlessly-tailored black tuxedo jacket with a carefully coiffed black mane to match and an impressive set of cheekbones.

Agent Wow Such Meme was on a rather lucky streak. It must have been to the Meme power he carried. Yet he knew meme power could be unstable and he should not rely on it too much. The doge had dressed himself in the very fine looking soft, blue, tuxedo that he had been handed in the bush.

It was time to meet his contact, but he couldn't quite tell who that was, so naturally he chose to approach the most handsome of the available Phonies.

(Surprise, the moon moon is a link.)

Inventory: Earpiece, output only. Blowgun pen, ink only. Notebook. Small and bright flashlight.

Riffler

Handsome Shapeshifter

Luafien

Super Wife

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 6:30 pm
Choice: C: A tall stallion in a flawlessly-tailored black tuxedo jacket with a carefully coiffed black mane to match and an impressive set of cheekbones.

What a party! Boysie Agent SS has never been to such a sparkly shindig before! The awe of the room and all its dazzling inhabitants weren’t quite enough to drag Agent Simon’s attention off of her goal, but boy was it close. Every fancy thing she could ever dream of eating or drinking was being passed around on gleaming trays and the effort to keep her flittering mind focused was a bit of a chore. But the cape kept popping into her mind! Glorious and flowing, it was her goal, and she must be steadfast!

Egg, egg, who has an egg? Far too many! But how to pick through the assortment… Her egg-becutied contact has long hair, but no mention was made of brush and grow- the handsome waiter had to be struck off, if nothing more than that he was also staff! Staff couldn’t be asked to dance, it was suspicious! For the very same reason the mare making martinis couldn’t be approached. This only left a tall stallion and a lovely redhead. Agent Simple Simon took a moment to reflect that this would be the part in a Mane Bond movie where the lovely vixen would lure the hero in and betray him, so no vixen for her, no matter how lovely she looked in that dress. To Tuxedo it was!

The mare crossed the ballroom in a slinky little dark blue number, slit at the side up to her hip in case she needed to run in a hurry, some delicate beadwork glimmering gold as it caught light. Probably not the best dress for her colors, but she couldn’t blame the Boss’s minions if they’d only seen her happy purple and hilighter yellow from in the dark. She had to make due with a nice updo and she felt gloriously fancy.  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 8:58 pm
B: A handsome cocktail waiter with a tail that hits the floor and an impeccable uniform.

Well, at least he had a good snack, even if he did feel a bit silly about it after the fact. Confucius tried to not appear as utterly embarrassed as he felt as he finished up the crepe, accepting the formal attire with curiosity -- and then excitement. Dapper stuff! He'd get to dress up -- much better than stealing crepe-capes!

Dressing quickly, the babben sauntered into the ballroom as if he belonged there; nevermind the fact he was all the size of an ankle biter. With his messy red hair back in as dapper of a ponytail as he could manage, he stood out just a smidgen with his dark pelt and equally dark attire: he wore a black collar with pristine lapels that fit snug over his small shoulders and not much further, save a bit that rested upon his back. He wore a bright blue tie with a faux blue undershirt beneath the black collar, making it look like his striped back continued down his neck and chest, completely with blue pocket cloth. He looked quite nice if he did say so himself, and it was obvious by the way he walked (he's a spy man, no time to talk) that he was enjoying himself.

He decided upon the cocktail waiter, mostly because the women were a bit...erm, too much for a small thing like him to even consider, and the Phony with the cheekbones looked more like a bodyguard than an informant.

Ref  

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Ac.Wings

Lovergirl

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 9:27 pm
Choose B

Mr.E was pumped to get all glitzy and glam. Normally she was too busy on pirate adventures to get to dress up like this! She wiggled into a sleek number)imagine how fabulous this would look on her. ;D ) that sparkled and shone brightly as she checked out the ballroom. She even let down her curly hair to give herself a mysterious look. While it was a loud dress, Mr.E thought it best to meld in with the crowd. This was an elegant party so she had to look like she belonged!

Now it was time to choose who she spoke with...The wait staff were usually a good group to question. They knew a lot and were less uptight when it came to talking about the going-ons at a party.

Mr.E glanced around and spotted a very handsome waiter off to the side. Maybe he had a clue? "Hello there~ Might I have a word?" Mr.E asked in her best 'fancy mare' voice. Hopefully this guy was a good contact.  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 10:52 pm
Mission Three Results: In The Pale Moonlight

If You Chose A...
The redhead is engaged in light conversation as you approach her. Her curls bounce as she laughs at something, some banal thing one of her adoring throng said, but as you approach, her eyes narrow slightly and she gracefully shakes them away. “Excuse me, friends,” she says. “But I have a new dance partner.” She sets you up to follow; you get the idea that this girl always leads. “My name’s Over Easy,” she says as she pulls you closer and dips you back. “L’eggs Over Easy.” She spins you around. “The Boss told me I’d have some… very special dance partners tonight after I told them what I found out.” She spins you out, then catches you in again- she is an excellent dancer. “As you might not know, this ballroom is attached to many other entertainment complexes. Tunnels beneath her exist and spread out all over the place; normally, they’re for caterers and facilities setup to get through unseen. Guests like that. But somebody else has holed up down there, and they’re-“ She stops for a moment, awkwardly stopping the dance.

“Benedict’s here?” she says, almost gasping. “I might have known. Get out of here. I have to stop him- he’s one of those ridiculous spies who wants publicity. Get to the tunnels while I get rid of him.” She looks downright angry now as she glares in the coiffed stallion’s direction.

If You Chose B...
As chaos erupts- seems like the redheaded mare is really, really angry at the tall, dark, handsome stranger- you mosey up to the cocktail waiter. He’s charming and solicitous; everything a good waiter should be. When you make inquiries about the cloakroom, he smiles and silently takes you by the hoof. He leads you into the cloak room- perfect!

Too perfect. The cloak room isn’t empty- far from it. There’s several phonies in there, waiting with burlap sacks that get thrown over your heads. They’re clearly not just burlap, though- there’s something in them that nullifies unicorn magic. “Mighta known The Boss would send more than one. Guess we’ll have to throw you with the rest.” You feel strong magic picking you up. You are out of the game.

If You Chose C
As you look for the swanky stallion to sidle up next to him and talk, you realize you’ve lost track of him. Where did he go? You look about, slightly worried and not wanting to be obtrusive, but then there he is again- he’s gotten the drop on you. He chuckles, almost nastily- seems he’s a professional who knows you’re an amateur. “If I didn’t know any better, I’d say you were looking for me,” he says in a perfectly clipped accent. “The name’s Benedict,” he says, sipping his martini. “Eggs Benedict.” He looks at you as if the name should have provoked a reaction. “So if you haven’t heard of me, which is obvious, why are you botheri- oh my god, The Boss. That idiot’s trying the whole “spy network” thing again. I said I’d be enough to get it done. Come up here, socialize, drink a few martinis, head to the service tunnels where The Syndicate is holding the target, grab it, come back up here, drink a few more martinis, and go home. Bam. Simple as that, but no, now there’s civilians involved. It’s just like them to- OW.” Eggs Benedict is cut off by a slap to the back of the head. It’s the redheaded mare and she is not happy to see him.

“Jesus, L’eggs!” he shouts. A few heads turn to look at him, but high society behaves badly all the time- somebody has to turn into an angry drunk at these events, and tonight it looks like these two might play that role.

“What are you doing here, Benedict?” she hisses. “The Boss specifically told you not to come.

“And miss this?” he says with a sweeping gesture at the ballroom. “This is my happy place, L’eggs!”

“HAPPY PLACE?” she growls. “I’ll show you a happy place!”

As the two of them fight, you decide to slip away. Eggs Benedict had said something about service tunnels; it’s time you headed down there to investigate.

If You Chose D...
As you approach the bartender, she raises a perfectly shaped brow at you. “What’ll it be?” she says. You look at her, wondering if this is part of her cover. Her nametag says Silver Fizz on it. However, any drink order or covert operations are a secondary concern, thanks to the two angry phonies.

“I TOLD you,” the stallion says, backing away from the mare. “I’d be in and out! Up, drink, service tunnels, up, more drink! In and out and done in a minute!”

“First of all, phrasing,” she says, but as she begins to speak, he cuts her off.

“Oh, real mature, coming from somebody named L’eggs Over Easy!

“I didn’t pick it!” she snarls. Whatever these two are fighting about, it seems to go pretty deep. The bartender rolls her eyes and goes to break up the fight, ignoring you. But you’ve been given an interesting piece of information. Service tunnels? What’s down there? If one of these two was the contact and not the bartender, then perhaps there’s something important down there.

You’re going to go investigate.

Eliminations

Atmadja
The Chairman's reign is over!

purplerosesbeauty
Agent Ganymede's flown the coop!

Blinded By Silence
Looks like somebody else was up all night to get Agent Lucky!

Chrystali
Agent Confucius is never going to find out the sound of one hand clapping!

Tristam Lockhart
Agent Smoochums heart's been broken!

Kitty Sprightt
Agent Dandy Man went to the cleaners!

catmagick
Agent Dog has been impounded!

Jun D
Agent Jessica Rabbit gets the Dip!

Ac.Wings
Agent Mr. E is Mr. G... for gone!

VerityHattress
Agent Fa La La La La, La La La La hit the deck! (PS I sent you out struggling in a burlap sack hope that was stylish enough for you- Holly's the mer in the next post.)

Scaramouche Fandango
Crew

Big Wife

Scaramouche Fandango
Crew

Big Wife

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 11:05 pm
Mission Four: Mission Improbable

As you make your way out of the ballroom, you catch a glimpse of something disturbing- a brief image of two unicorns hoisting a third, a squirming mer wearing a burlap sack on their head. This can’t be good- is this a kidnapping? Is this the Syndicate you heard Eggs Benedict mention? The trio disappears into the service elevator and you know you’re on the mark. Now it seems like more than just a silly cape is at stake- if these people are kidnapping phonies… what if they were agents like you?

You have a choice to make.
A. Take the service elevator down. It’s the most obvious route and will get you there quickly.
B. There might be a service tunnel leading under the hotel from outside. It’s an indirect route, but it might be safe.
C. Hop into a laundry chute and pray there’s a full bin of towels or something at the bottom. This route might be dangerous, but it will get you there in a hurry.
D. Find an air vent to shimmy down; that always works in the movies.

Surviving Agents

Aric Val
Things might get hairy for Agent BEAR FORCE ONE!

elvyralani
Agent Dark Horse came out of nowhere!

shortcutt
Agent Tipsy's staggered away!

Yunonia
Things are looking sunny for Agent Sunshine's!

Yushika
Things were neatest for Agent Sweetness!

EchoLimaFoxtrot
It didn't go sour for Agent Lemon Pledge!

Luafien
Agent Simple Simon knew the answer!

Fea Line
Agent Tidal Trouble's a tsunami of success!

zippedsiren
It was a gimme for Agent Jimmies!

Riffler

Maxx D
Agent Roger, Roger's down the rabbit hole!

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 11:58 pm
C: The Laundry Shoot and praying that there is a pile of towels

In all the kerfuffle, Agent Jimmies heard just a few choice words of 'service tunnels' before seeing a green mer dragged off.

Oh no no no. What was a mare to do now? Jimmies want to go after the kidnapped phonies... but what she knew of espionage (which was in fact very little) was that there are always bad guys after elevators and unless you are big enough to beat 'em up it probably wasn't going to end well. Agent Jimmies was definitely not big enough to beat anyone unless it was in an eating contest.

Instead she choose to investigate the area and came upon a weird hatch in the wall. Using her tiny wings, she propelled herself up to open it and take a better look. Gee it was dark in this weird wall tunnel, was this a service entrance? Poking in further, Jimmies climbed in and quickly found herself sliding head first down a shoot. It was just like a slide!

Jimmies was unaware of what dangers or smell may lurk at the bottom and instead just gleefully went "weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" as she slid downwards.  

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

Riffler

Handsome Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 3:49 am
B. There might be a service tunnel leading under the hotel from outside. It’s an indirect route, but it might be safe.

Agent Wow Such Meme knew better than to take the obvious quick route. Sometimes an opponent had fast reflexes and a guy watching the door. He couldn't have that happen, no sir. In any case, he still had his trusty flashlight. When in doubt, attempt to blind your foes before escaping.

At least he's grown very good at sneaking, and got to meet Eggs Benedict, which happened to be on his bucket list.

Inventory: Earpiece, output only. Blowgun pen, ink only. Notebook. Small and bright flashlight.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 9:29 am

Agent Tidal Trouble simply watched as the two other agents bickered back and forth about drinks and a happy place. Clearly Benedict L'eggs needed to get a room so the mer decided to slip away and get back to business. She had at least gotten some information out of the handsome jerk wad before curls lept in.

Service tunnels eh.

Taking the first exit out of the ballroom she could find, Tidal paused, hidden behind an overly large bust of TACO himself as she caught a glimps of a mer being hoisted away with a sack over her head. Seems like this wasn't just about procuring taco scented capes anymore. Oh wavecrash! Now what..... she still had to get into those service tunnels. Elevator was obvious...but something about it didn't seem kosher. There was the laundry shoot also but no telling what waited on the other end. Maybe more sacks to hoist ponies away. That left an air vent... like in the movies. Or taking a chance that an indirect service tunnel rout might be the best option.

Choosing to forgo the vent, Tidal began searching for a service tunnel leading under the hotel from the outside.  

Fea Line

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Yunonia

Obsessive Lover

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 10:06 am

Agent Sunshine only half listened to the bickering between the two agents. She wanted no part of these two. They were just so unprofessional and she didn't have time for this! Sunshine slipped away as the fought, turning her attention to the service tunnels.

She let out a gasp when she spotted the service elevator, complete with the two unicorns and the kidnapped mer. Something fishy was definitely going on here. Chills went down Agent Sunshine's back. It was totally dangerous to be here now and as much as the gloomy Phony wanted to turn tail and run but...something kept her here. Agent Sunshine quickly decided taking the service elevator might not be her best bet. She didn't want to be kidnapped too! She was much too young for that! Surely there had to be another way down, perhaps a service tunnel might give her a safe route to find out what was going on. After all that was where Benedict told her to go!

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 12:19 pm
A. Take the service elevator down. It’s the most obvious route and will get you there quickly.

Marvel danced as well as she could, this mare was such a great dancer! It seems she had made the right call since the other mare knew about 'The Boss'. She took in the information and quickly made off before she could get caught up in the commotion, using it to make her escape.

Here they were looking for a cape and now they may end up stoping a kidnapping. This was the craziest thing she'd ever signed up for... Choices, choices. Now she was probably too big to fit into an air vent, however well that worked in movies. The laundry chute, may have a similar issue. Approaching from the outside may work but what if they get away? No, she had to follow them and waited for the next service elevator.  

elvyralani

Fashionable Rabbit

EchoLimaFoxtrot

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 12:21 pm
D. Find an air vent to shimmy down; that always works in the movies.

Mr. Agent Lemon Pledge watched Some of thw orher spies head out and scrunched his cute face at his options. With a shrug of his shoulders he headed to the air vents. He was small and could still easily fit. He knew he was taking a chance... It didn't always work in the movies...  
Administrative Archives | Where Old Threads Die

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff