[ORP] Jumping At Shadows! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wasluxy
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:22 am
[ Mirrors ] ( gonna let my arachnaphobe get this one! 8D )

After what seemed like forever, Luxury heard voices. Oh? Was she almost out? She started walking faster, taking corners faster, and was sure she was about to reach the end when she saw something skittering in front of her... Eyes bugging out of her head, Luxury recognized the shadow of one of the spider-type Pokemon and let out a shriek. "EEEEEEEE NO NO NO NO NO!!!" She stumbled backwards and tried to scramble away, but the mirrors made escape a little disorientating. Reaching in her pockets, she grabbed the first two Pokeballs her hands clasped around and threw them at the shadow. One 'ball popped out her Chora, and the Liepard looked highly confused. The other 'ball had turned out to be one of her spare ones, and just bounced on the ground. "CHORA GET THE THINGY!" Luxury cried, to which Chora just tilted her head, looked at the shadow, picked up a paw... And squished it.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:29 am
[Adam, with Akira at Entrance]

Oh, he knew that voice very well, but the way Akira timidly asked if it was him released a hundred rabid, angry butterflies in his stomach. Did the costume look weird? Did he dislike it? Oh, he probably disliked it. Akira hated the whole high society thing to begin with. This was a dumb ******** idea... Adam's mind raced for words to use as damage control as he turned to face the music (pun intended). His mouth stood agape, prepared to speak, but nothing came out. It all died in his throat swiftly. Those angry, butterflies swirled even harder, fluttering right up to his fool lips and forcing him to smile in delight.

The outfit was stunning. Adam knew what he was going as, even helped to buy that wig, but... Seeing it on Akira, finally and fully, was perfect. Something about it just, well, it just fit. Maybe it was the music or the colors? Even the shy nervous nature seemed inline with the outfit, "I..." Every time a word tried to slip into the conversation, Akira rambled forward nervously, and that... That was too adorable to really stop. Could that be considered cruel? Well, could you blame a guy? Besides, it gave him time to reboot his stupid brain and connect words together. Akira finally seemed to ramble himself dry, and Adam took the chance to speak, lest the shorter man get flustered again and they end up standing by the gate all night.

Adam bent at the waste, his arm coming into his stomach in a formal bow. Still bent, he offered out his unburdened hand as the glow of the pumpkin lantern drew strong shadows against his profile, "My beautiful one, won't you join me tonight in some fun and reverie?" Adam grinned, and like Akira, thanked the stars that the white paint hid his blushing. This wouldn't be nearly as charming if the one saying it was beat red, "As for my attire, I hardly sparkle next to one such as legendary as yourself. I tried to match your radiance, but I've fallen short."

Magician Arcana

Eco-friendly Shapeshifter

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:08 am
lux_rayne13

Luxury has found...

User Image

A SPINARAK! WOW!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:10 am
[Akira, At Entrance with Adam, headed to the Gardens and Courtyard]

Akira turned back to the skeleton man with wide eyes, alarmed by the long silence and the fellow's failure to promptly respond. Did this guy hate him now? Had Akira messed up so badly that this stranger didn't know where to begin in telling him he had the wrong person? Or that he had no idea what he was talking about? Oh no, now he was smiling. It was a pitying smile, wasn't it? Those bright orange eyes were disconcerting to look at, much less try to read.

Or maybe it wasn't what he was saying at all but what he looked like. Maybe this guy was trying to figure out if Akira was a guy or girl or transvestite or transgender or - or - some crazy, mixed-up weirdo person! "I'm...I'm a pokemon," he muttered, unable to help himself. "A Meloetta. Er, a shiny Meloetta. That's why the colors are switched. I didn't mess up." On second thought, maybe his costume choice itself was a mistake.

If he'd picked something different, Adam wouldn't have had the chance to help him pay for this ridiculously long wig that threatened to trail on the floor and get dirty and probably never be used again. Damn it, where was Adam? If he didn't show up soon, Akira sore to himself he'd turn right around and head back home the way he came. Why was this guy staring at him? Being stared at with those intense eyes was making him more unnerved than ever. Oh, right. His stupid costume.

...Maybe not. Noticing a small movement, Akira looked over to see the tall, formally-dressed gentleman bowing to him at the waist and drew in a sharp breath. For a moment he forgot where he was and what he was doing along with the proper response to such a gesture. Awkwardly and clumsily in mittens, Akira grabbed for Adam's arm less gracefully than he would have liked - more like it was a life line - and clung to it as if letting go meant certain death.

"You goofball, why didn't you say something earlier?! You should have just come to my apartment, not made me meet you here!" he cried, yelling more out of relief than anything else. "No one else would talk like that. Not even where I come from." Okay, so perhaps that wasn't entirely true. But the ones who did were considered overly flambouyant and ridiculous even by his society's standards.

Akira chuckled quietly, imaginging Adam trying to fit into that world. He could see why someone of Adam's background might have wanted to, but Akira liked him best just the way he was. "Oh, shut up," he laughed at the pumpkin king's flattery, reaching up to tug at an orange piercing. "Those honey-sweetened words don't suit you at all. Come on, before my freezing legs get frozen to the spot."

Still clinging hard to Adam's arm, he tugged the taller man to the right. He didn't feel like risking a fall down those stairs out of fear of what awaited them at the top. And that ballroom...that was a very large space for a whole lot of fright. No thank you.

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

Magician Arcana generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 11!

Magician Arcana

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:25 am
[Adam/Akira in Gardens and Courtyard]

If his companion had been less flustered, he would never have shouted. Oops, maybe Adam had waited a bit too long. He felt a little crestfallen that he had over done the invitation, but at least he did get that little gasp of surprise from the initial bow.

OOF. That tug on the piercing made him wince and laugh, "K-kira n-no! Ah, that stings. B-but I... I wanted to -- I - oH!" The pumpkin king stumbled a step or two from the force of Akira's pull, straightening so he wasn't hunched and following. Manny floated behind, snickering all the way,

"Sorry, you were too cute and flustered for me to say anything," Adam decided to be a little more formal than normal, biting down on his tongue when a curse tried to slip by. No, keep up SOME facade. He'd practiced too hard to just give up. "Besides, you blew me away. It looks great, better than I had expected."

Adam carefully pulled his arm from Akira's clutch and grabbed his hand instead as they made it into the gardens, "Woah... They really did go all out. It's pretty impressive." For being afraid of the dark, Adam wasn't very afraid of typical spooky or scary things. Just the dark.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:31 am
Magician Arcana

Adam is haunted by...

User Image

A SPOOKY SPOOKY POKÉMON! Whoa! What can it be?!

(Will you capture and keep to reveal it or move along?)

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Akira Midoriyama generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 8!

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:42 am
[Akira, with Adam in Gardens and Courtyard]

"I know," Akira said as Adam began to try to talk, allowing a tiny smile that he kept to himself. "But I don't want you to. You're better as you are. You look good, but you should keep your own personality. I've had more than enough of that flowery nonsense to last a lifetime, believe you me."

"I'm not cute or flustered!" the older man insisted, clenching his fists with a warm face. "Arceus, not again! More a**-kissing? You do realize I left those close-minded morons for a reason, don't you? The last thing I need to hear is you going around sounding like them. It's like I never even left home!"

He flinched when Adam pulled his arm away from him. It was like a child having their security blanket removed. However, his clenched the hand that took his as tight as possible, his own palms clammy behind the cloth of the mittens he wore. "Yeah...they did," Akira agreed, sounding unhappy to discover this. "What? What was that?" He paused to look on the ground behind him. "Something touched my ankle! Was that you?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:50 am
[Adam, with Akira in Gardens and Courtyard - Catching Pokemon!]

"I will have you know the Pumpkin King does NOT kiss a**. That's disgusting, Meloetta." Adam tsked his tongue playfully, giving Akira the best fake glare he could muster. It melted in a moment, "Besides... I'm being honest, here. You really do look.... You look ******** amazing, 'Kira." There, okay. He'd just give up all that hard work. It didn't matter, if the one who was receiving it disliked it that much.

"Huh? What the hell, NO. I can't touch your ankle." Adam snickered and pulled his scaredy cat Meloetta tight to his side, his long arm wrapped around him protectively. Ah! There it was. Oh this had to be one of the pokemon that the flier talked about.

"It's awfully rude to scare a beautiful pokemon, my dear. Come with me, I'll teach you some manners." Adam removed the arm from Akira and slid off his napsack, setting it to the ground before his feet. Squatting down, he took out a pokeball and then looked up at the shadowy figure of the pokemon... It was difficult to tell what it was. Regardless, he tossed the ball at the pokemon.

Gwennythe
hehe, not sure if I should quote you back

Magician Arcana

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25

wasluxy
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:51 am
[ Mirrors ]

"Lii?" Chora sniffed at one of the legs of her squished opponent, which was sticking straight out from it's body, picked up the empty 'ball with her mouth, and dropped it on it, right about the time Luxury realized what Pokemon it was exactly. "CHORA NO THATS NOT WHAT I MEANTohhhhhhh great." Luxury facepalm-ed as the Spinarak was pulled into the ball. "Well... Great. Just... Great." Sighing, she picked herself off the floor, gave Chora a look, returned her to her ball and the picked up the Spinarak's ball like it was ready to explode... or bite her... Or... something. With a shudder, she made her way out of the mirrors holding it out in front of her, and found CJ grinning at the exit.

"You used the Shuppet, didn't you?" Luxury stuck her tongue out at her cheating sister.

"Maaaaaaaybe~ And the Shuppet has a name now, too. Right, Av'ry?" "Pet pet!" Avery grinned, wriggling. "Say, sis... What's in that Pokeball you're holdin' out in front of ya?"

"Yeahhhh... about that..."  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:56 am
Akira Midoriyama

Akira is haunted by...

Spooky laughter! It sounds so close! Is it a soundtrack, or something else..?!

Booby Prize!

---

Magician Arcana

Adam has found...

User Image

A PUMPKABOO! WOW!  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Akira Midoriyama generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 7!

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:10 am
[Akira, with Adam in Gardens and Courtyard]

"Hehe...right..." Akira answered, trying to smile back. He knew Adam was afraid of the dark, but with Flicker in his lantern, Akira thought he himself was probably the more jumpy of the pair of them right that moment. He was still trying to find out what had touched his ankle as he shoved the pin-striped pumpkin king playfully.

"Shh, don't talk like that in public! There are probably kids around here! What would you have to say for yourself if they started picking up that sort of language?" he scolded in a whisper before realizing his contradiction. First he'd told Adam to be himself and now he was telling him to tone it down. Akira sighed and rubbed his eyes with his mittened hands.

"I'm sorry, I'm being a nag again. Just ignore me. I'm just babbling 'cause I'm nervous and it gets my mind off things." He looked at his wig, checking to see how many things it had picked up from the outdoors so far. It didn't look too bad yet. Maybe they should go back insiiiIIDEWHAT WAS THAT?!

First he saw two perfectly round, glowing red eyes and froze. He wanted to hold on to Adam's protective arm and never let go, but the tall teen seemed to have other plans. "That's a...pokemon?" he said, his voice barely a whisper. It was then he heard the eerily close laughter and whimpered involuntarily. "Nnnnh...can we hurry and go inside, please? I changed my mind!"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:14 am
Akira Midoriyama

Akira is haunted by...

A GRIM REAPER! WHO SCARILY... lifts his mask up and lights a cigarette... Oh. It's Barry. He's taking a smoke break. Not /here/ Barry!

Booby Prize!  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Magician Arcana

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:18 am
[Adam, with Akira in Gardens and Courtyard]

"Of course it's a pokemon." Adam said, eager to reveal what it was. The ball stopped twitching, a successful catch. Grinning, he swiped it off the ground and slid it into his bag before standing again and putting the bag on his back, "What? But it's cool out here."

Eerie laughter made a shudder roll up his spine, but the whimper from Akira forced Adam to act more... er... Brave? His arm wrapped around the other man once more, holding him close, "Mm, what was that? First I was too formal and now I'm too informal? Sounds like you're full of contradictions, my beautiful one." Adam teased, hoping that the banter would alleviate some of Akira's nervousness.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:28 am
[Akira, getting the HECK OUTTA THOSE GARDENS AND COURTYARD, WITH OR WITHOUT ADAM]

Glancing up one more time from Adam and the red(-and-blue?)-eyed creature, Akira gave a deafening shriek as he saw a smoking grim reaper. Unbidden memories of berating his father for smoking came to mind and for some reason made the presence of the being all the more horrifying to Akira. Nevermind that if he calmed down a moment, he could clearly tell this was nothing more than a flesh-and-blood human like himself. After the sight of that creepy unknown pokemon, he was already more than motivated to leave.

"THAT ISN'T!" he declared, thrusting a mitten in Barry's direction before grabbing Adam by his scrawny arm and pulling with all his might back the way they had come. So much for Adam's attempts to calm his boyfriend. They were lost on the terrified young man as he sped them back through the wooden doors and up the stairs. Up was as far away as the ground as they could get, right? And as long as they stayed away from the stairs, there was no need to worry about falling down them.

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

Magician Arcana generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 2!

Magician Arcana

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:35 am
[Adam, with Akira at the Upstairs Landing/Mirror Maze]

"W-woah! WOAH!" Adam found himself being jerked along, barely capable of catching his footing, as Akira bolted towards the building. "KIRAKIRAKIRAKIRA!" If this had been one of those animes, maybe sparkles would have appeared around the racing duo. No, the Pumpkin King wasn't summoning bright sparkles, but instead calling for the terrified Meloetta to SLOW DOWN. It didn't seem to work.

They made it up the stairs, and Adam was smacked with two simultaneous thoughts: 1) How the hell did I not fall during that mad dash? 2) Akira can really ******** run. Panting, he choked out a laugh and looked up at his companion from his hunched position, "A-Arceus... D-damn man..." Standing fully, he grabbed Akira and pulled him into a tight embrace. Maybe if... if Akira was held down he wouldn't bolt away like a frightened rabbit.

"I had no idea you were such a scaredymon~, my beautiful one," Adam teased again, and at the same time observed where they had ended, "Looks like we're near a maze... That won't be too scary, right? Why don't we go in?"  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff