Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:53 pm
"Well then let us begin!"

Zevran moved to sit beside Abel, passed a pick to him, and guided it into the mechanism slowly via Abel's hands. "Mmmh, I must be distracted this morning," he murmured into Abel's ear, "I could have made so many insinuations about skill and care of sliding things into other things. The twisting is possible too, but you have to be quite careful not to ah... snap the pick, as it were."

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:03 pm
"Ha!" Despite the grin that alighted his face, he couldn't help but shift a little uncomfortably. "Snapping picks is definitely not something I'd rather think about," he admitted with a chuckle, then turned his head a bit to lightly, gently bump his temple against Zev's forehead even as he tried to fiddle with the lock under his boyfriend's guiding hands. "We do get so easily distracted though, don't we? You can tell me all of the insinuations and innuendos later though, along with that demonstration of your flexibility. I'd love to hear them."  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:06 pm
Zevran just continued to grin and leant his head comfortable against Abel's. "I love to tell them as much as you love to hear! Now, let's see if we can find that first pin..."

Doing so did not take too long and once they had the first pressed down Zevran moved his hands away from Abel's and slid them around his waist, waiting patiently as his boyfriend carefully worked his way through finding the others.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:40 pm
The first pin fell in short order - more or less - with Zevran's assistance, but then his hands left his in favor of his waist, leaving Abel to fiddle with the lock on his own. Eventually he conquered the last two pins and was rewarded with the lock clicking open for his efforts. "Ha! That wasn't so bad," he noted as he set the picks down and slipped the lock off the box - not that such a step was necessary or anything, but he just felt like sharing the contents - and aimed a bright, rather pleased smile at his boyfriend as he opened the box to reveal a pair of rifles side by side, nestled in a dark foamy material to keep them more or less in place, but the rough, uneven edges around both hinted that it had been cut by hand. "Definitely not as hard as the padlock," he went on in thoughtful tones. Not as difficult, no, but he absolutely still needed practice. Hmm... Where could he find some clear locks and a set to practice with...? Internet probably.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:05 pm
"Ahh, good job!" Zevran beamed with pride, pressed a kiss to Abel's cheek and gave him a squeeze. "See? As I said, these kinds of lock are not hard at all just fiddly until you have the trick. Mmh, and I approve of your rifles too; very nice."  
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:26 pm
What was a more muted, pleased smile promptly widened into a happy grin at his boyfriend's praise, at the pride in his voice. Oh yes, he could get used to that. He could get used to that very easily. "Yeah," he agreed with a small nod, "it really is more fiddly than anything else. Definitely fiddly, and I definitely need practice." He would get practice and have an easier time picking locks, and then Zev could be proud of him again. ...not that he was looking forward to it or anything.

"Mmh, they were both gifts from my dad. This one," he gestured to one that looked slightly worn than the other, even though both looked well maintained, "he gave me when I was... I wanna say fourteen? Maybe fifteen. He gave me the other one," he gestured to it rather needlessly, "after I moved out into my own place in Sinnoh. I'm not sure why really, but," the blond shrugged as he closed the lid on the pair again and locked the box once more. "Mom wasn't too happy about it, of course; she's not a fan of firearms of any kind, though she had to get used to them because Dad definitely is. He was the one that taught all of us to shoot when we were young."

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:31 pm
"Good gifts," Zevran said with an approving nod, and then he listened to the rest of what Abel had to say. He started to look faintly concerned. "Ahh. That is a good point, by the by. What exactly are we to tell your family about me? They will want to know where I am from, my background, of my own kin... I do not wish to lie too much to your family but we will have to be somewhat deceptive and it is probably better we think of it now. After all," he smiled with faintly brittle brightness, "we are going to go and visit in the summer. We ought to be prepared." He was going to live, somehow. He was not going to wait to be cornered like a beast a bay, he had to be the one to take action... But how?  
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:44 pm
"What to tell them?" Abel echoed, his eyebrows lifting a bit in faint surprise. That.. wasn't something that had crossed his mind yet, and while his mother had asked questions, she hadn't asked any of those yet. With a thoughtful hum he left the box sitting where it was so he could turn and cup his boyfriend's lovely face in his hands, then leaned forward to touch their foreheads together. "That's a good question, but I don't think it'll be too difficult to think of something. Something simple and easy, and mostly true. We could say that you didn't know your family - which is true - and that where you grew up wasn't..." He paused to frown and puzzle out a good word that wasn't any of the usual ones he would say like 'merciless' or 'ruthless', "...compassionate? Which is also true. And you could just say that you'd rather not talk about it much more than that, and don't need to explain or say anything about why you don't want to. I think that'd probably work pretty well. They'd still be curious, I'm sure, but they wouldn't ask about it anymore. And," he added with a smile tinged with amusement, "if Dad or my brother tries to, you know Mom'll go after them with a wooden spoon or something."  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:50 pm
"Oh, really?" Zevran looked mildly relieved and then leant his head against Abel's shoulder and tightened his grip on him. "If you think that will be enough I am happy with that... Though I would not blame your brother or father for having suspicions of me; I do have tattoos on my face, quite out of the ordinary for your culture." Maybe if he got them good enough presents they would... ah, no that was silly; people were never bought by material things. A gift that really meant something was good but it could only strengthen what already existed.

"No family, and no desire to recall my youth," he reiterated thoughtfully, trying the phrasing out for size.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:03 pm
Ah, Zev wanted to be closer? Well that was just fine by him; a small, fond smile curved his lips as he wrapped his arms around his love's shoulders. "I think that'd be enough, though we can always figure something else out if you'd rather tell them something different. It's completely up to you, since it's about you, after all." The taller blond pressed a kiss to Zev's fine hair and went on, "I doubt Mom'll have suspicions about you, and Aaron probably will be more curious than anything else..." Should he? Well there wasn't much use in putting it off, so... "Dad's the one you might have an issue with, he's... stubborn, and not very... ah, open-minded, so I think it'll take him some time to open up."  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:08 pm
Zevran gave a little 'mrrr' of contentment as Abel's arms enfolded him safe and warm; enjoy this, savour it, because... mierda, because he was going to enjoy it much more and for a long time and he needed practice. He wasn't going to die. He couldn't die. Abel needed him, Abel had suffered enough.

"Oh?" Zevran quizzed, sounding a little distracted. "Your father is..." Not open minded he said? "Hu. I must confess that I am lost. He hates tattoos?" Tevintans were funny about that sort of thing, and upper class Orelesians probably would be if they ever took off their masks.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:13 pm
His smile widened a tad and he shifted one arm, his hand gliding up into his hair before gently carding his fingers through it. Zevran sounded a little lost in thought, and he couldn't help but wonder what those thoughts were. "Ah, no - or at least I don't think he does - but he's... ah.. He's always expected my brother and I to both find a pretty girl to settle down and have kids with. My sister already found herself a husband and has two girls now, so my parents have been expecting me to be next. Mom was the first person I told when you asked me out - apart from Taavi, of course - so she obviously already knows and is thrilled about it, but I'm not sure if she's talked to Dad about it yet or not."  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:16 pm
"Uhh..." Zevran tilted his head back to look at Abel with a rather puzzled expression. Did he mean...? No surely that was exaggerated. "So... He will want us to have children, and for them to be biologically yours? Some people do set a lot of store by their bloodline. Ah." What was he supposed to say to this? "I... think it's rather soon to think about anything like that? Very. Err... I mean, I love you but... I had never considered anything like that for myself. I do not think I would be a good parent but... well I am not ruling it out but... Ah...." Children? Him?... If he never wanted that would that be a deal breaker?  
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:21 pm
"Ah, no," he shook his head, "that's not really... It's more that I don't think he'll be much of a fan of his son dating another dude, instead of dating a girl like he's always expected. And I don't even know if I want kids, I don't know if I'd even be that good a parent, I don't think I.. there's so many reasons I don't even want to think about having kids, not the least of which is that yeah, it's way too soon to talk about." Plus it also wasn't what he'd meant at all; good job Abel, good job being vague as hell. "Anyway, don't worry about that yet. Either thing yet."  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:25 pm
Zevran looked even more puzzled. "Dating another... Really?" The bafflement expanded; that was what it was about? "I've heard some things but I never thought it could be such a problem." Really? He had to laugh. "Well! I am glad to hear that nobody expects me to be a parent any time in the near future. I shall just have to work all the harder to win your father over yes? His reservation is beyond my understanding but," he shrugged, "I cannot change it, so I must adapt yes? When it is closer to time for us to visit we can think of it then." They had more than enough more visceral problems in the immediate future.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff