Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kage no Gensou; A Yuugiou((Yugioh)) Guild

Back to Guilds

A friendly guild for any and all types of Yuugiou: Duel Monsters fans. 

Tags: Yuugiou, Yugioh, Duel Monsters, Anime, Manga 

Reply General Discussion
What do your parents/friends/family think.... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

daydreamer_girl

Fluffy Wolf

14,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:26 pm
Me and my sister were crazy into the show...and my little sister (7) sort of likes it too. She probably would like it more if she actually watched more of the show. She's so cute she even drew a cute picture of yugi. It's a little crude, but it's so cute!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:33 pm
my mom thinks its a waiste of time, and me and my bro love it  

Rising Prince

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:46 pm
Nothing is a waste of time as long as you are having fun. :3  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:48 am
My parents giggle everytime I get Yuugioh stuff, when I can find it... but as long as I'm not doing drugs, they don't really care, and none of my friends, or anyone around me, really cares for that matter... but that's mainly because if Yuugioh is even mentioned, either in a good/neutral/bad tone, I get uber defensive crying Apparenlty, I give really dirty looks...  

Mew_Peaches

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:28 pm
How sad. XD
My parents aren't too into YUU*GI*OU themselves; my dad's sat down and watched a bit with me before, but that was the extent of it. But my mom gets excited when she can understand my weird obsessions, so if she sees a thing of YUU*GI*OU stickers or something, she'll grab them for me. XD (she used to work for American Greetings, so got me some free YUU*GI*OU stuff that way)  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:33 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.My heart is closed up and I feel it crumbling down...

My dad used to really hate Yuugiou. >>;; He was always saying that it was evil and he'd start talking about the god cards and be like, "I don't like this 'cause it's teaching about all of those false Egyptian gods! -yadda yadda rant rant-"
He got over it eventually, but I don't think he's ever forgiven me for getting into anime. ^-^;;

My mom, on the other hand, looks at it in a positive way. "At least you're not a drug addict/chain smoker/alcoholic/etc..." so she doesn't care at all. XD

...I try not to cry and scream everydayUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Chibi Kitsune Warrior
Crew

Precious Treasure

12,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:56 pm
XD My parents used to think Dungeons and Dragons was the devil, but I think they finally figured out that it was just a bunch of false rumors by people freaking out when it first came out (it was essentially the first roleplaying game, so people suddenly interacting with a fantasy environment scared people, even though it's really not much different from video games of today), but then my parents realized that all we were doing was roleplaying and having fun, and we weren't out partying or drinking or anything. Way better in my opinion.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:11 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.My heart is closed up and I feel it crumbling down...

xD Yeah, that's exactly how my parents were about Yuugiou. Well, actually, it's kind of how they were about anime and manga in general. But now, my mom's completely over it, but my dad still insists on acting like an a** about it every once in a while. >-<

...I try not to cry and scream everydayUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Chibi Kitsune Warrior
Crew

Precious Treasure

12,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Mew_Peaches

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:54 am
My dad wants to get into everything I'm into (except, right now, YGO stare )... he even got into Twilight when I was into it... not pleasant. My mom stopped trying to understand what I do and just goes along with it, thank Ra, except for Death Note, but that's because I got her into it.

I was just wondering about the whole anime = devil spawn thing... I had heard that about Pokemon, Digemon, and I think even Inuyasha, but never about YGO, and I thought

"Yuugiou has more devil spawn fodder, what with the monsters, and the Yami no Games, and the Ancient Egyptian magic/gods, and Zork... especially Zork. He's pretty much the devil himself XD"  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:08 pm
I tried to get my parents into Death Note through the live action movies, but it was a no go. XD
The only anime my parents have ever suspected might be devil spawn was Card Captor Sakura. O_o Seriously, WTF?  

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Mew_Peaches

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:57 am
I made my mom read the manga on one manga... she's had to ask some questions about it, but she likes it...

They thought Card Captor Sakura was a spawn of the devil... seriously? XD That's... I can see how they got that, but I always thought that one to bo one of the more innocent not-spawns-of-the-devil-y O.o  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:06 pm
My mom thinks the devil spawn stuff is Death Note, Naruto, D.Gray Man and Ouran.

Okay, the first three, I can understand. (Death Note with it's death, Naruto gets dark at times, and D.Gray Man with the dark storyline and characters)

But Ouran? I guess it's because I showed her Nekozawa, wth him all Dark Arts and stuff.

But YGO? She finds it a waste of time and paper.

My dad doesn't care. :3  

Orlesian Dandy

Hygienic Rabbit

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:33 pm
I think it was because Sakura was following after a wizard and summoned creatures by reciting a spell. XD Whatever.
Lawl, Ouran, seriously? You'd think it'd be the gay innuendo for that one. XD  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:45 am
Yeah, if your parents are even a bit homophobic, or their religion or whatever goes against gay people, then it might be all the innuendo.

As for Card Captor Sakura, it could be that and the slight bit of yuri that's at least in the manga... I've never seen the anime, so I don't kow if it would be there. And then there's all the wizardy and magicing going on XD  

Mew_Peaches

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:31 pm
The yuri and yaoi hints are both in the anime, but back then I was watching the dubbed version, in which they had edited it all out. So there was nothing there for my parents to freak out about. XD  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff