Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Supernatural and Paranormal Network

Back to Guilds

A guild all about the supernatural and paranormal, allowing for open discussion for believers and sceptics alike. 

Tags: supernatural, paranormal, ghosts, psionics, magic 

Reply The Supernatural and Paranormal Network
"Powers"/supernatural abilities? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you have supernatural talents?
  yes...
  *looks around suspiciously*...maybe...
  no...*whispers under breath* freak...
View Results

Lord Jagged
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:00 am
some random rivethead...
My list of weird "talents":

-Eyes (already posted about that)

-Ears
1. I learned about this just today, I can pick up sound and pinpoint location. It also gives a cobalt blue picture of everything I heard for a moment in my mind.
2. When I drop something, forget something, or sometimes when I hear something, I feel my ear move back basically yanking my head around.

-Genuine Norse berzerkerism
If I get badly injured while I'm in a situation that would get my adrenaline flowing, I lose my common sense and go into a painful prosses of;
1. Puke weird tan stuff
2. Bleed from my pores
3. Eyes burn and my old, seemingly healed scars from my eyes to the corners of my lips swell up
4. My back feels a bit stiff
5. I beat the living s**t out of what ever threatens me.

By now you probably either think that I'm lying or that I'm a freak.

The two things about ears happen to me, though it's not supernatural or powers.
Pinpointing things with your ears can be done by anybody, because we all have 2 ears.
As for moving ears, that happens to me, and I can also move them when ever I want.

As for the Norse thingies, loss of common sence is common, as is beating the s**t out of anything that threatens you. It is due to a process known as "fight or flight"
Being sick can also happen in some of these cases, as well as back aching due to sudden muscle tension caused by preperation to fight or flee.
Numbers 2 and 3 though eave me perplexed and worried. You might want to see a doctor about these. If it isn't supernatural, it could be caused by high blood pressure and a genetic condition that prevents blood clots and slows the healing process greatly.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:01 am
some random rivethead...
Lord Jagged
some random rivethead...
They aren't really "powers", more like personal abilities. My eyes can zoom in, magnify, see in extreme dark and extreme uv light without getting any damage.

Zooming sight could be psychological. Also, I can see very well in the dark, as for the UV light thing, how do you know when there are high levels of UV light?
My bathroom has a UV light, The sun is UV light, greenhouse lights are UV, Black lights are UV. I think you get the point.

Also, I wouldn't be sure that you get no damage from it, it might just be that you don't realise it. Most people's eyes get damaged a bit bye UV light and pepe don't notice.
If not, when ever people went to night clubs, they'd come back blind.  

Lord Jagged
Captain

goth_phantomoftheoperafan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:26 pm
i can feel them and hear them  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:44 pm
I for one don't believe in super natural abilities as I have never been given proof of such a thing.  

Infinistus

VivoDePyre

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:14 pm
some random rivethead...
My list of weird "talents":

-Eyes (already posted about that)

-Ears
1. I learned about this just today, I can pick up sound and pinpoint location. It also gives a cobalt blue picture of everything I heard for a moment in my mind.
2. When I drop something, forget something, or sometimes when I hear something, I feel my ear move back basically yanking my head around.

-Genuine Norse berzerkerism
If I get badly injured while I'm in a situation that would get my adrenaline flowing, I lose my common sense and go into a painful prosses of;
1. Puke weird tan stuff
2. Bleed from my pores
3. Eyes burn and my old, seemingly healed scars from my eyes to the corners of my lips swell up
4. My back feels a bit stiff
5. I beat the living s**t out of what ever threatens me.

By now you probably either think that I'm lying or that I'm a freak.

Number 2 under ears... when that happens, does some part of your head shiver? I get the same thing and my nexk shakes when it happens too.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:39 pm
My ears move automatically and hwne I want them to, but it doesn't make part of my head shiver.  

Lord Jagged
Captain

D i a

Unbeatable Bookworm

27,575 Points
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:55 pm
Pyrokin132
I'm a metaphysisist. That means I can move objects using will power. I'm not very good though but I can easily control a psi wheel. I can also feel personalitys. It's strange. I can kinda know someone without talking to them.

I have that!I just didn't remember the name for it.. sweatdrop
I know this may sound kinda freaky ((Although compared to everything else in this guild, this may be a drop in the bucket >.>;; ))
But I belive I have some elemental kind of power.For instance, I made one of the stems in one of the potted plants inside my house move.No windows, no air was in this house.I really can't seem to disprove it other then the plant moving by itself.But I dunno.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:06 pm
it may not be much of a supernatural ability, but i have dreams. i dream things and they come true.  

celtic_faerie

Vixen13

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:59 pm
celtic_faerie: Precognition. Tons of people do it, most ignore it. Go with the flow.

HM-MM: Elemental powers are not uncommon. People more inclined to one element type. There are even people who claim to have souls from past lives where they are so connected with an element they are a part of it and become Elementals. You could tho have an extream form of green thumb. teehee

Pyrokin132: Norse berzerkerism was caused by a crude form of acid (as in, the drug). They would loose all sense of reasoning in the drug enduced rage, and would keep going until they collapsed, unable to feel themselves becoming tired. If they didn't die in battle, the drugs would kill them. Which is why bezerkers are considered suicidal war machines. Oh, and the acid would cause random bleeding. icky. As for your bleeding, uncontrolled high blood pressure can cause bleeding from the nose. If you loose your mind in rage, it can cause too many hormones to be released into the blood stream and thin your blood to unhealthy levels, causing you to bleed from anywhere that will alow it. Mix that with the massive pumping of blood and it can re-open not so healed wounds. If I were mean, I'd say "Lay off the acid, and get anger management." However, I think some time to yourself and possibly some meditation would do wonders for you. Otherwise one day you'll die of a heart attack or aneurism or stroke. All possibilities.

Lord Jagged: I've waited until I read all these 10 pages before ranting. I am proud of myself. First off, you seem to be very scientificly oriented. I'm going to understand that and try to reason with you in such a way. Energy to you is heat or movement. It is molecules and their activity levels. Okay, let's play Quantum Physics. Electrons are gathered around an atom when they are caught by an atom. Which means electrons can be free floating, by themselves, with no attachment to anything. They can be easily influenced and taken from their spastic floating life by the tiniest of forces. But let's consider that there has to be room for them to be so free floating. So, there is a space of nothingness around atoms for electrons to roam around. Now, electrons fly around randomly, that's in the science books. However, in the science books it says nothing moves without kinetic energy. So why are electrons moving? Has nothing to do with gravity if they're flying around any place they choose. Are these electrons the very base of energy? They are what makes everything be? Seems logical.
So! Why can't we harness those? They don't have minds of their own. They do what they must. Can we tell them what they must do? That empty space around them is nothing physical. Can we, on a spiritual level, influence that space and thus influence those free electrons to do what we want? A scientific basis to psychic powers? Crazy talk... I love Quantum Physics. heart
As for charging the body with high amounts of heat. I need no theory explinations and questions. There's a competition in the U.S. that one of my teachers in college attended. These Orient(forget which part of the Orient) monks take blankets and dip them in a lake in the middle of winter somewhere up north, near the Canadian border. It's cold enough to freeze the blankets as they come out of the water. The monks then wrap the ice encrusted blankets around them and dry them with their body heat. They have one hour to dray as many blankets as possible. I think the winner was like 5 blankets... http://www.meaningoflife.i12.com/guru.htm That links mentions it. My Tai Chi instructor used to go out in the snow back in China with his group of people and practice barefoot and never be cold. He tried to get us to do that. Granted, Tai Chi warmed us all up, but us Americans just didn't think we were up to it.

Anywho, as for my particular abilities, I'm an Energy Worker. I also have a talent for eye to eye divination, and influencing a storm. Calm weather? Can't do crap with. Storms? Feel like a rush. *shrugs* Oddly enough, I don't like storms. o.O I am also not alone. My mother is a pre-cog and can form massively strong links to people close to her. And both of us have a bad tendency of bottling our emotions up and when we finally burst, something random breaks. Bad, bad us.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:45 am
lets see... I, like Vixen can influence the weather. I can also communicate with someone through empathy (instead of Telepathy) I have occasional glimpses of the future, as well as Clairevoient tendencies.  

Naomi_Saotome

Lord Jagged
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:05 am
The only way that has been shown to effect the movement of electrons is magnetic or electro-magnetic force. These can effect tthe movement of electrons. It has not been proven that willing them to move, moves them.
I admit that if the electronic activity in the brain reached a high enough level, it is possible the there could be a small area around a person that might be able to effect these.

As for the blanket thing, I'm pretty sure they would have to have a huge amount of food or other chemical potential energy to be able to relase the amount of heat. Also, I'm pretty sure that after that, they're not exactly going to feel like going on a run or anything. Many people can increase or decrease body temperature.

In this guild, I tend to play the role of the skeptic to give a bit of a challenge to others. It makes it interesting. biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:29 pm
As for the skeptic thing, so I can see.

How many joules would it take to dry a blanket in 20 minutes in 20 degree(F) weather?

And considering the brain produces electro-magnetic waves (along with the rest of the body), it is completely possible to move said electrons. It's simply learning how to control it, which I believe is completely possible.  

Vixen13

Lord Jagged
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:44 pm
Vixen13
As for the skeptic thing, so I can see.

How many joules would it take to dry a blanket in 20 minutes in 20 degree(F) weather?

And considering the brain produces electro-magnetic waves (along with the rest of the body), it is completely possible to move said electrons. It's simply learning how to control it, which I believe is completely possible.

I'll get back to you on the towel drying thing, when I work it out. sweatdrop

As for the electromagnetic field of the brain, it would still take a lot of energy to create that, more than people have in their body.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:02 pm
It would take about 3146320J of energy to dry the towel, though this took a lot of guess work. Areas of towels, air presuure, temperature of water and numerous other factors.  

Lord Jagged
Captain

Vixen13

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:41 pm
I don't think it would take as much energy as you would initially think. It works on a different basis than carb=energy=muscles moving. *shrugs*

heh... Monks are hot. xd Sorry... bad joke... ninja  
The Supernatural and Paranormal Network

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces