Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
.::Introduce Yourself (or face a life of lurking...)::. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 59 60 61 62 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BuncyTheFrog

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:35 am
Um... im not one for lengthy intros...

Name's Buncy. Not Bouncy. Bouncy=something protruding from your head that wouldn't normally be there.

I'm 18, and have been here at gaia for about a month short of a year. I have always been an atheist, my family was never religious. I have MANY religious friends, as I went to school in the city which was the former world record holder for the most churches per square meter... rolleyes I have slight grudges against religion, but im not some crazed maniac, so you dont have to worry about me ^^

um... Well... Hi!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:27 am
Don't worry I'vE got teh Big crazie maniac angle handeled for yoU.
I will eat your heart.
I leave spooky hiddeN messages *Cough* everYwhere.  

Jediwannabe353

BuncyTheFrog

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:37 pm
Jediwannabe353
Don't worry I'vE got teh Big crazie maniac angle handeled for yoU.
I will eat your heart.
I leave spooky hiddeN messages *Cough* everYwhere.

*cries*
i dont wanna die!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:10 pm
BuncyTheFrog

Name's Buncy. Not Bouncy. Bouncy=something protruding from your head that wouldn't normally be there.

I'm 18, and have been here at gaia for about a month short of a year. I have always been an atheist, my family was never religious. I have MANY religious friends, as I went to school in the city which was the former world record holder for the most churches per square meter... rolleyes I have slight grudges against religion, but im not some crazed maniac, so you dont have to worry about me ^^

um... Well... Hi!

Bouncy bouncy!  

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200

BuncyTheFrog

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:13 pm
[_caustic_]
BuncyTheFrog

um... Well... Hi!

Bouncy bouncy!

*prepares his fork for the reckoning*  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:21 pm
ninja

Sybex can be called sybex or Ed. She likes drawing, Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter books, and orange soda. And cats. Lots of cats. Three. Plus lots of cartoon kitties. She is atheist. Oh, and where she lives, there are not many. Which makes her sad. And somewhat afraid of being beaten with a Bible, but only a little.

Meep.

S. Shark

The Amazing Mr. Tommyos!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:36 pm
sybex Shark
ninja

Sybex can be called sybex or Ed. She likes drawing, Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter books, and orange soda. And cats. Lots of cats. Three. Plus lots of cartoon kitties. She is atheist. Oh, and where she lives, there are not many. Which makes her sad. And somewhat afraid of being beaten with a Bible, but only a little.

Meep.

Why the third person?
I beat people with bibles as a sort of sick hands-on satire.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:38 pm
My dad grew up a dutch reformed believer, was without belief for a while, then got converted to the jehovah's witnesses during a time when he was mentally very unstable and weak. (They prey on the weak, I tell you.. ninja )
I, myself, have grown up without a belief, yet have poked around a bit in the big mushy pile of belief systems and found them all to be worthless or powerhungry.
I do not believe there is 1 god/deity, nor do I believe there are many.
However, I don't believe there's nothing 'out there' either, as I've been frequently visited by a ghost/spirit and my family has been teased by, what I believe to be the same, spirit(s) who seem to like moving items around. (My uncle smokes and he put his ashtray within an arm's length from where we were sitting. Not a minute later he moved to tap some ash from his cigarette, only to find the ashtray had moved from close to us to on top of the television set - on the other side of the room.)

Anyway.. here's my stats:

Name: Maki
My bane: Shopping
My god: Foamy
Random quote: "I'm not insane. The whole world's insane and I'm the only sane person. That's why I appear insane."

EDIT:
Sidenote: Gideons scare me.. o_O  

Maki

The Amazing Mr. Tommyos!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:48 pm
Maki
However, I don't believe there's nothing 'out there' either, as I've been frequently visited by a ghost/spirit and my family has been teased by, what I believe to be the same, spirit(s) who seem to like moving items around. (My uncle smokes and he put his ashtray within an arm's length from where we were sitting. Not a minute later he moved to tap some ash from his cigarette, only to find the ashtray had moved from close to us to on top of the television set - on the other side of the room.)

My great-grandmother had a story like that.
Her uncle, with whom she was very close, came to visit her in the middle of the night for no aparent reason. He said:
"Botch, I just stoped by to say goodbye before I go away for awhile. Go back to sleep now dear."
She woke up in the morning to her mother beside herself with greif. Her uncle had died in the night.
^ True story.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:19 am
mrtommyos
Maki

Her uncle, with whom she was very close, came to visit her in the middle of the night for no aparent reason. He said:
"Botch, I just stoped by to say goodbye before I go away for awhile. Go back to sleep now dear."
She woke up in the morning to her mother beside herself with greif. Her uncle had died in the night.
^ True story.

Ah, nothing so strong for me. sweatdrop
My sister has felt a close friend of the family in her room on more than one occasion and I sometimes feel 'less alone'. It's difficult to describe the feeling.
That, and I constantly misplace things I know I've put somewhere..

Being autistic, putting something down on the exact same spot every single time is a sort of 'need'.. I'm very perfectionistic too.. so I know when I put something somewhere and when it's moved.  

Maki

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:18 pm
Welcome all 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:42 pm
Maki
mrtommyos
Maki

^ True story.

Ah, nothing so strong for me. sweatdrop
My sister has felt a close friend of the family in her room on more than one occasion and I sometimes feel 'less alone'. It's difficult to describe the feeling.
That, and I constantly misplace things I know I've put somewhere..

Being autistic, putting something down on the exact same spot every single time is a sort of 'need'.. I'm very perfectionistic too.. so I know when I put something somewhere and when it's moved.
I have Aspergers Syndrome, which is similiar to autism. I tend to have that trait as well. sweatdrop  

[Satan]

nonameladyofsins

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:02 pm
Hi, I''m 17, month short of 18 and I''ve been on gaia for three months. I have been looking for a place like this, and I hope we get to bash religion here, otherwise your guild is worthless, worthless I tell you! My main interests are physics and math and politics. I''ve only recently started taking martial arts I bike regularily and I''m pretty good at soccer.
I''ve always been an atheist and my parents are too, I am from former Yugoslavia (Yugoslavia rules!!!!) which was a communist country until the death of Tito. hence the atheism. I also realize how pointless it is. essentially man created god, not the other way around.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:05 pm
Maki
My dad grew up a dutch reformed believer, was without belief for a while, then got converted to the jehovah's witnesses during a time when he was mentally very unstable and weak. (They prey on the weak, I tell you.. ninja )
I, myself, have grown up without a belief, yet have poked around a bit in the big mushy pile of belief systems and found them all to be worthless or powerhungry.
I do not believe there is 1 god/deity, nor do I believe there are many.

Anyway.. here's my stats:

Name: Maki
My bane: Shopping
My god: Foamy
Random quote: "I'm not insane. The whole world's insane and I'm the only sane person. That's why I appear insane."

EDIT:
Sidenote: Gideons scare me.. o_O

lol I love your quote I think I'm gonna remember this one.  

nonameladyofsins

LB-chan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:16 pm
My name is L.B.-chan, but you can call me LB or whatever. I am 17 years old (turning 18 in Nov.) and am going into my first year of college. I am in love with anime and worship Son Goten and Bakura Ryou like its no ones business. xd I have two cats which I love very much. =^.^= I also have an obsession with the name Fenburt. 3nodding

I am Agnostic, although I was raised in a caothlic upbringing and my parents still believe in God.

sweatdrop

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 59 60 61 62 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces