Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Biohazard: Umbrella Chronicles:: Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 67 68 69 70 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 3:30 am
Kaworu__Nagisa
You mean Umbrella Chronicles, right?
Right. I meant UC.  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:04 pm
I still can't wait for this.. I think the main reason I wanna play this so much is to be the survivor. Sure, Survivor already let you do this with its FPSness. However, this will be so much more frantic and realistic-looking that you'll feel like you are Chris, or Rebecca, etc., running from the undead with a hell-bent desire to survive and find the truth. Woo, that took a while to write on my Wii. XD  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:04 pm
Canas Renvall
I still can't wait for this.. I think the main reason I wanna play this so much is to be the survivor. Sure, Survivor already let you do this with its FPSness. However, this will be so much more frantic and realistic-looking that you'll feel like you are Chris, or Rebecca, etc., running from the undead with a hell-bent desire to survive and find the truth. Woo, that took a while to write on my Wii. XD

Stop typung on your Wii, and go get a PS3.  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 1:27 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=6&t=8773101#113197396
Gamer_404
They wouldn't hire any new ones...just use the same ones who did them before? And it was this months, I have it too. It seriously would be stupid for it to have 3, but not 2...they should go with the actual storyline, go with RE3 a couple scenes, have Jill get infected, then go to Leon and Claire.
But you do realize that it's not like it's gonna be full games. It's not like we're gonna go through every single scene from 0, 1, 2 and 3. I mean, I saw the map layout, we're basically railing through the mansion, up to the second floor. I doubt they'll render that many scenes. RE0: The Train, The Research Center, The Chapel Lab, the Final Factory. Then they already have the entire mansion, to have the Courtyard, the Residence, the Caves, the Labs, that's already memory consuming... But then to have RE2 with the Police station, the sewers, the factory, the labs, the train...
Then RE3, Uptown, Downtown, The Clock Tower, The hospital, The Park, the Waste Factory, Then a new scenario.

That would be a LOT of ground to cover. Now, I don't know the Wii's peripherals, but unless it's got like at least 25 gigs of memory on its discs, I don't see it being possible. So we're left with the alternative: Which is to briefly cover each scenario. But even that aside. Just the fact that it's an on-rail shooter with no explorative factor whatsoever, we already know that it's not gonna portray the ACTUAL storyline. So when we add the fact that they're probably gonna skip a few parts in each scenario, we're already missing a big part of the picture.

So, what do I think? I think that, like Wesker's Report, this is gonna be another attempt at giving the new people a quick version of the Resident Evil storyline so that the newbs don't have to play through the original games....

For us, this could be disastrous. Just imagine getting like ten people getting into the guild claiming they know exactly what happened through the entire storyline. Then they come here and say, "What are you talking about!? Chris and Jill never separated in the mansion." And then we have to write more paragraphs explaining why Umbrella Chronicles isn't cannon. (Aside from the last scenario, maybe.)

EDIT: Also, about what you said with the voice actors. It doesn't matter if they have new ones or returning ones, they still have to pay for the voice talent. And it's not contract based, so even the returning voice actors would have to ger rehired.

all the stuff you said I already know, and I never said they would cover every single scene...  

FoxyAreku

FoxyAreku

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 1:48 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Canas Renvall

you actually have a PS3? *writes "I WASTED $600" on a piece of paper and tapes it onto your forehead* ^^  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:49 pm
Gamer_404
Biohazard EXTREME
Canas Renvall

you actually have a PS3? *writes "I WASTED $600" on a piece of paper and tapes it onto your forehead* ^^

Hey, the PS3 is actually better than what you think. But SONY just made some bad choices. I mean think about it, Blue-Ray costs a hell of a lot. That's where they royally ******** up. Overall though, the games are good. But you probably have your head too far up your a** because of all the reviews NINTENDO and MICROSOFT fanboys made.  

Elliot Salem

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:13 pm
Vash Thompson
Hey, the PS3 is actually better than what you think. But SONY just made some bad choices. I mean think about it, Blue-Ray costs a hell of a lot. That's where they royally ******** up. Overall though, the games are good. But you probably have your head too far up your a** because of all the reviews NINTENDO and MICROSOFT fanboys made.
I disagree... Sure, the Blu-ray thing might be expensive... But after watching a Blu-Ray DVD in full HD... I'll never have the same respect for DVD's ever again... It was such an amazing quality that it's worth the... however much it did...

Oh, and for the record, I got my PS3 on Special for $400.

EDIT: Oh, and I don't tolerate console fanboyism or console haters. I'm a Sony fan, so if I can show a little respect for the Xbox 360, I expect the same toward the PS3.  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:16 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Vash Thompson
I disagree... Sure, the Blu-ray thing might be expensive... But after watching a Blu-Ray DVD in full HD... I'll never have the same respect for DVD's ever again... It was such an amazing quality that it's worth the... however much it did...

Oh, and for the record, I got my PS3 on Special for $400.

EDIT: Oh, and I don't tolerate console fanboyism or console haters. I'm a Sony fan, so if I can show a little respect for the Xbox 360, I expect the same toward the PS3.

I respect the PS3, it's just the other console fanboys write bad reviews because they want the 360 or the Wii to get better sales. I was just saying.  

Elliot Salem

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:11 pm
Vash Thompson
I respect the PS3, it's just the other console fanboys write bad reviews because they want the 360 or the Wii to get better sales. I was just saying.
That edit was toward Gamer_404. To you, I was just saying that Blu-Ray is so amazing it was worth the extra money.

Like, honestly, people always say, "Who wants to see all the imperfections, all the hairs on the face" and this and that. But once you experience HD, it's really something else.  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:40 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Vash Thompson
That edit was toward Gamer_404. To you, I was just saying that Blu-Ray is so amazing it was worth the extra money.

Like, honestly, people always say, "Who wants to see all the imperfections, all the hairs on the face" and this and that. But once you experience HD, it's really something else.

Oh. Well, Blu-Ray is decent. It's even better in HD, but I'm not a fan of SONY's decision to use it. But as I said, it was there decision. Although it may seem bad now, it'll pay off later.  

Elliot Salem

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:48 pm
Who developed Blu-Ray? Wasn't it Sony?  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:01 pm
Plus, with the new update, the PS3 upconverts all PS1, PS2, and normal DVDs to HD.

This should probably be in the Grill 13, by the way.  

Kaworu__Nagisa
Crew

Tyr525

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:19 am
I really don't care about the PS3 and most likely never buy one, and would sooner take a Wii and 360 over it, but regardless, I don't think this'll be disasterous at all. I think Umbrella Chronicles will actually bring us a type of Resident Evil fun that's not been played well enough and will bring some new light to the franchise.  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:27 am
Tyr525
I really don't care about the PS3 and most likely never buy one, and would sooner take a Wii and 360 over it, but regardless, I don't think this'll be disasterous at all. I think Umbrella Chronicles will actually bring us a type of Resident Evil fun that's not been played well enough and will bring some new light to the franchise.
As far as the game goes, yes... What I'm saying is that it will spawn a disastrous amount of noobs who will assume they know everything about the RE storyline by playing Umbrella Chronicles.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Tyr525

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:03 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Tyr525
As far as the game goes, yes... What I'm saying is that it will spawn a disastrous amount of noobs who will assume they know everything about the RE storyline by playing Umbrella Chronicles.

Is it all that shocking? I mean, seriously, look at the number or artardedn00bs that thought they knew alot about Resident Evil 4, or thought they were a true fan for playing that cursed thing?

I get what you mean though, and it might just do that, then again, n00bs might disregard it for trash just because it's a rail-shooter, and similar to Survivor. D:  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 67 68 69 70 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff