Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
-Movies- Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:13 am
cup_noodles
Dathu
So who's excited about the Transformer and TMNT movies comming out soon? Don't lie. Atheists can read minds ya know.

Heck yes!
We athiests are more than meets the eye!
;D

Damn right. I also saw Spider-Man 3 (meh), and last night I saw Pirates 3. Which was interesting, but left a lot of unanswered questions. But the one movie I am dying to see, but I can't tell my friends about because they'll totally make fun of me, is Across The Universe. It's supposed this trippy drama about college kids durring the 60's/70's and how they get wrapped up by the political issues and drugs all the while inspired by Beatles songs. It looks so good!! I mean, uh, er, *Ahem*, I like explosions and death and boobies. ninja They bought it.  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:18 pm
Someone please tell me, in all honesty, that they've seen Waking Life.

Please.

Thanks to that movie, I can honestly say that I've changed my pants three times in one day.

Richard Linklater, who art in Texas, hallowed be thy name.  

Six Billion of Spades

Familiar Phantom

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:40 pm
Sorry, I've never seen Waking Life. What is it about?

The new Pirates movie is out. If you understand and know the plot for the other two...this 3rd and final one is F***ing and amazing!

And the score...so beautiful! heart

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:47 pm
Sanguvixen
Sorry, I've never seen Waking Life. What is it about?

The new Pirates movie is out. If you understand and know the plot for the other two...this 3rd and final one is F***ing and amazing!

And the score...so beautiful! heart

Hey, if you saw it too, did you notice the one big unanswered question that I will type in white font so as not to spoil for the others.

Spoils: don't highlight if you haven;t seen Pirates 3. Ye been warned.

Remeber in the second film when Will was in chains and he was talk to the main guy from the East Indian Trading Company? There was a scene when he said that he and Jack, er, uhm, Captain Jack "had left our mark on one another." He said this holding, what I am assuming is the branding iron that placed the "P" on Jack's arm to show he's a pirate, and right after that Will asked "What mark did Jack leave on you?" Well, they never said! I waited the whole third film for him to tell us what Jack did to him, but they never did! WTF! Did I miss something or am I not alone in thinking they forgot to explain something?  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:06 am
Hmmm....I think the answer is that after Jack was branded....Jack gave the dude a scar too...with a blade.

I don't really know.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:04 pm
Let's see. I saw "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer." Way better than the first one, but still plauged by corny dialogue and poor acting. Glactus was interesting, though. And I just rented "Pan's Labrynth" of which I was VERY DISAPPOINTED! I really don't think it lived up to the hype, and what more, it only got awards because of its war realism and war-time drama, NOT its imaginative depictions of ficticious situations or environments. Lame fanatsy, but good WWII film. I just found myself bored. And I had really high expectations going in.  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

ProjectOmicron88

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:13 pm
I just saw Babel last night with my mom. It was absolutely incredible. I highly recommend it for any drama fans out there.

EDIT: Since I've never posted here, I suppose I should say that 300 is my all-time favorite film, with Braveheart following in a close second. Boondock Saints, Airplane!, Caddyshack, Goldfinger, The Train, The Big Lebowski, Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, Last of the Mohicans (the 1992 version), and Gladiator are also personal favorites of mine.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:46 am
Blocked is another good one for you "what the ******** did I just watch" fans.

Like most other great movies, however, it has gone horribly unnoticed by the general public.  

Six Billion of Spades

Familiar Phantom

Crooked_Lamb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:37 am
No one i know has seen the movie

Rules of attraction

Its an amazing movie though very sexual....has anyone here seen it???  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:02 pm
Lyoko_Alchemist

Rules of attraction

Oh yeah. College kids love that movie. It's pretty close to what college is like except a little less drug use, but then that may just depend on where you live. sweatdrop I must say though, it's the only time I thought James Vanderbeak could act. Really a good film.  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:51 pm
lol ill just post real quick cuz im a huge movie fan :3

Shrek the Third sucked....a little funny but nothing like its other sequels.

Pirates kicked a**.

Fantastic Four was ....well.....FANTASTIC!

Knocked Up was halarious. a must see.

And Evan Almighty I can't WAIT to see xD Bruce Almighty was halarious. Now I'm told this movie is just as funny.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:20 pm
1408 - the first good Stephen King movie I've seen since The Shining.

Howl's Moving Castle - sad that it's like Spirited Away all over again.

Black Snake Moan - if this movie doesn't win a ******** Emmy I'm gonna punch someone. Best. Dialogue. Evar.  

Theophrastus

Crooked_Lamb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:50 am
Dathu
Lyoko_Alchemist

Rules of attraction

Oh yeah. College kids love that movie. It's pretty close to what college is like except a little less drug use, but then that may just depend on where you live. sweatdrop I must say though, it's the only time I thought James Vanderbeak could act. Really a good film.

I thought all the actors did a good job...its weird how not many people have seen such a good movie...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:51 am
Theophrastus
1408 - the first good Stephen King movie I've seen since The Shining.

Howl's Moving Castle - sad that it's like Spirited Away all over again.

Black Snake Moan - if this movie doesn't win a ******** Emmy I'm gonna punch someone. Best. Dialogue. Evar.

How is howls like spirted away all over agian? it was based off of the diane wynn jones novel???

And black snake...i didnt think that looked that good....is it really worth watching?  

Crooked_Lamb

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:26 am
Lyoko_Alchemist
Dathu
Lyoko_Alchemist

Rules of attraction

I thought all the actors did a good job...its weird how not many people have seen such a good movie...

Do you remember the trailers? When I first saw it on TV I thought it was another college love story. I actually used to get "Rules Of Attraction" and "Ten Things I Hate About You" mixed up in my head. I blame the advertisers. If they had marketed the film as the dark moody drama that it was, I probably would have seen it. It was my buddy Luke that finally made me watch it, and ever since I've been recomending it. I think the same thing happened with "The Order." The previews made that look like a religion consiracy film, but it was actually very weird and interesting.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff