12%  [ 2 ]
And crannies
31%
 31%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 16

Red Fox 104
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:33 pm
He stepped out the back door and took in a lungful of the night air. There was a sweet smell of rain. He was happy to be out of the city where the air was thick with noise and stink.
Reynard gazed up at the sky; the winds had blown in cloud from the north, he guessed it rained a bit while he was inside.
He reached down into his left boot and pulled out a double cigar case made of aluminum. He removed one of the cigars, bit off a small part of its back end and lit it with his zippo lighter. He took a few puffs to get it going then tucked it into a corner of his mouth and returned the lighter to his pocket.
Meh, American tobacco is a little better; this is a little bitter. But it smells good.
The night was chilly, but warm enough that he didn't need a jacket. He pulled the colt revolver from his belt and put it back in the holster on his shin, after tucking the bottom of his pant into his boot he walked back to Sever's work shed. There, he found his motorcycle untouched in the place he had left it. Satisfied, Reynard removed his black shooting sweater from a leather side bag and put it on, then he picked up his belt that he left on the work bench and fitted it around his waist then buckled it, taking a moment to readjust his .45 and various magazine pouches. He refitted his leather shoulder harness with his k-bar while dragging on the cigar, the smell of the fine tobacco filling the small shed.
There's almost a wooden taste to it...
The logo of the Shadow Martial's was imprinted on a patch on the left arm of the sweater.
No doubt Sever will take notice...
Reynard lifted his leather bomber jacket from the handle bars of the motorcycle; it covered the harness, the jackets bulk completely hiding the 12" knife strapped to his shoulder.
And I won't be letting Sever bump into me again. It'll be my little secret.
The thought of pulling something over on that jerk Sever put an unusual smile on his face. He then coughed as he breathed in a bit of the cigar smoke.
Well, its not like I'm trying to hide a bazooka in my pants or anything...
Reynard removed a small canvas duffle bag which had his toiletry items in it from the motorcycle's side-hack. Tucking it under his arm he took a step out from the shed. He looked around; Sever was still in the house. With two fingers, he gripped the cigar, tapped off its ash then returned to puffing on it.
Jeez, I hope their not having an argument in there.
He was sure Sever would be out soon. Until then, he just continued to enjoy smoking...  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:57 am
Sever took a deep breath and let it out from his nose, kissing Fin softly on the forehead. "...I'm collected. If I know our son like I do, he's on his way back by now to try and sneak in for a snack or some such. I'm going to head him off and bring him with me," he said with a smile, hugging Fin once more. "I'll be fine, dear."

Right as rain, before Sever even could let go of her, the front door creaked open slightly, and Levi's nosy head poked through it, quickly ducking back. "...Levi, I saw you, get over here," he said sternly. The door opened once more as the young boy came in, shutting the door behind him as he approached his father and mother.

"I told you to stay in town... couldn't sleep, big guy?" He asked with a bit of concern as he got down on one knee, his son slowly shaking his head. "Nuh-uh.. Ila can, she's asweep.. but I can't sweep tanight..." The boy rubbed his eyes a bit and Sever smiled, spinning the boy around and seating him on his shoulder as he stood. "Well then big guy, you're comin' with me. Daddy's gotta go talk to someone... it's a super secret meeting and only you get to come with me." The boy's eyes lit up with excitement as he placed his hands on his dad's head. "REALLY?! COOL! LET'S GOOOOO!" He said excitedly, Sever giving a smile to Fin. We'll be fine, dear. I have insurance now... Reynard won't try anything funny. With that, Sever ducked out the back door with his son laughing happily on his shoulder, moving towards the open shed where Reynard was.  

Sever Citrin
Vice Captain

Finculmir
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:26 pm
Mir shook her head, a smile returning to brighten her features at the sight of her son so happy. And Ila was safe and asleep with friends... She let out a long sigh she didn't realize she'd been holding back.

She began to pick up the bottles and glasses, taking a long sip from her own glass. They would keep. She tidied up and started re-scrubbing the kitchen counters and table. It gave her time to mull over all that had occurred, while serving the purpose of getting out some of the fish scent. A small, scented candle in the center of the table helped remove whatever was in the air as she worked, one corner of her mind always open to her family.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:24 pm
The back door opened just as Reynard had finished his cigar. He dropped it on the moist ground and crushed it with the tip of his boot. Sever had a small boy on his shoulders, it was a large possibility it was his 'kit.'
Yes, now I remember... thats the same boy from the family picture in the living room.
Reynard looked at the boy, then back at sever, then the boy again. He then flashed Sever a look that clearly read 'You clever SOB....'
He doesn't trust me...
Well, in a sense, Reynard did have more guns attached to his body.
"Ah, so this is the famous Levi Citrin..." Reynard said in a low climactic tone. "I've heard so much about you."
"WERE GOING TO A SECRET MEETING!! YEAAH!!"
Puzzled at the child's outburst, Reynard looked back at Sever. He tossed him a wink which Reynard didn't fully understand. But he caught on soon after.
"Ah, oh yeah! But remember, you have to be quiet or it won't be a secret meeting. Reynard said, putting a finger to his lips.
The child then quickly cupped both his hands over his mouth. Reynard gave Sever a hesitant look.
Looks like his coin is set to heads now...
"Alright Mr. Citrin, please show me to my room, I'm ready to call it in for the night..."  

Red Fox 104
Captain

Solara_Novastar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:40 pm
Soon after a newcomer named Marun arrived, she snuck away from her guide and began to look around...  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:55 pm
After knowing that Marun went off by herself, Korin sighed. He could probobly find her if he wanted to, but now that she was in the town she was safe for now. He left the town and went back to the river. If Marun needed him, she would probobly know where.  

Korin88

Red Fox 104
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:49 pm
"This way..." Sever said.
With his son squealing joyfully on his shoulders, he gestured Reynard to fallow him.
Cute kid, I just hope that growing-up like this doesn't effect his adulthood.
Reynard didn't quite know what he had meant... did he mean all the horrible men in the forest, or because he suspected Sever of being an abuser? He shook off those thoughts and fallowed Mr. Citrin.
Yeah, well... if he is he won't be for long. He just has to snap once, and he'll be on his broken back faster than one can react.
Reynard lost track of time, his mind wandered from here-to-there. Thoughts like 'why am I here,' what do I do now?' or 'Who am I really, what am I really? Sever was talking, to whom Reynard did not know(or care). His son said something too, but he suspected he was talking to his father.
Eventually, they came to a medium sized building. It could be bigger, but it was too dark outside to tell.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:12 am
((At least for myself, classes have begun again. If you really want him to post, send him a PM. When he gets the chance, he'll respond.))  

Finculmir
Vice Captain

Red Fox 104
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:08 pm
((Dear Sever, its been quite a while since your last post... I've tried to contact you by PM, but you seem to very, very busy. I understand that, life comes at you fast. But I am now going to continue with the story without you. The time between the LAST time I posted and THIS time I posted is a black out, and when you return/decide to post, you may fill in this black out. You have my permission to control Reynard as you see fit(provided its not something over the top) to aid you in filling in the black spot. Please come back soon. ~R F~))

The door closed behind Sever as he left, Reynard left standing there. He tossed his leather jacket onto a bed, then checked his watch; 7:26.
My dose time fly...
There was a room at the end of the open infirmary that Sever had said to be a bathroom, and after removing his boots(and all of his weapons) he turned the knob and entered it. He flipped the switch and a light clicked on, he squinted as he looked around. A bathtub, a sink, a mirror that opened into a medicine cabinet, a few tacky rugs and clean towels.
Reynard started the water in the tub, it didn't have a hot setting, he figured you had to boil the water separate for that. He carefully removed his black sweater and green t-shirt. Using the mirror, he checked out his back; the once white bandaged were now pink and slightly sticky.
Oh God...
Reynard grumbled as he started unwrapping his gauze bandage. When it came to the skin the pain intensified as he was almost ripping the cloth out of his back. Reynard gritted his teeth and finished removing it, then checked the mirror. Just as he had thought, it hadn't healed at all! 40% of his back and left shoulder were still nasty red blisters...
You would think it would have dried out by now, but no its still... juicy?!
About four weeks ago, Reynard had bee exposed to mustard gas. It burned a little over 40% of his back, including his left shoulder.
Well, sooner or later Sever and Finclumir are going to find out. And when they do, they'll think I'm a cripple...!
He had a bitter taste in his mouth, guilt.
After carefully removing the rest of his cloths, he eased himself into the cold water. He found a sea sponge which he used with the soap from his bag to carefully clean his back.
When he was clean, he stood from the tub and grabbed a towel and dried off, gently dabbing his back. His tail was a bit more stubborn, as it never liked being brushed. But eventually he had it back to its old bushy self again. At the sink he brushed his teeth and flossed, taking extra special attention to his canines which he kept clean and healthy.
After putting his pants and underwear back on(naturally), he exited the bathroom and found a medical cabinet filled with wraps and bandages.
He removed his special ointment from his bag and applied it to his back, then wrapped his chest and shoulder. Making sure it was tight and all the way around. When he was satisfied with his dressing, he dropped the rest of his cloths onto the bed next to the one he was going to sleep on. Standing before his bed, he crossed himself then brought his hands to prayer and in a tone that implied that he recited this every time he went to bed, he said;
"Angel of God, my guardian dear, to whom God's love commits me here; Watch over me throughout the night, keep me safe within your sight."
He then eased himself into bed, and went to sleep.....  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:13 pm
((Usually, while classes are in session, Fin and I have troubles getting online as much as we normally could. I have a very difficult class this semester which is going to eat up much of my time over the next four months due to heavy amounts of research for a large paper I have to write. When I get a chance next to really post something of value, I will.))  

Sever Citrin
Vice Captain

Red Fox 104
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:19 pm
They entered the town, Reynard then began to unload the K-98. Placing the rounds into a leather pouch on his hip.
"Well guy's... this is it." He said brushing his hair.
"Do you think you guy's can be by your selves and not do anything wrong... Ah, never mind. I'll just tie you up to that hitching post by the shop, fallow me."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:13 pm
martin aproaches, shiething his sword. "i am martin the warrior"  

martinthefoxwarrior

Role Playing: the inner workings of the Den

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out