Welcome to Gaia! ::

Byako, City of Everything

Back to Guilds

Byako, the city of everything. A city hundreds of miles in size where anything can and does happy on a daily basis Join the random sillyness 

Tags: plushie, city, random, silly, Byako 

Reply Byako, City of Everything Main Forum
The Alkemist ~the RP~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Welcome!
I am a fangirl
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
I am a fanboy
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
I am a fan of gold
30%
 30%  [ 7 ]
Oh dear... what is going on...?
52%
 52%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 23

silentdraconis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:47 pm
"We should make it one," Die agreed. "Hear what? Something down--ooooh... I left a woman down there with a drink... I should probably check on her... Era would be drinking the place dry..." For a moment a cloud crossed her face. It was one of the few times she had expressed anything like real concern or sadness. It was gone abruptly, "Bring those papers. We'll work downstairs for now--I've got couches and coffee tables for a reason!" She headed for the door, tail swishing in forceful cheer.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:01 pm
Byako Random Event!

The viking penguin gunslingers who are enjoying the clubs food and entertainment are singing a song about blue dyed drachma!  

Jasae Bushae
Captain

2,900 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100

Frostborne_PrettyGirl
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:57 am
Esteban watched the viking penguins with amusement, temporarily forgetting about why he had come to The Alkemist, and as the penguins began singing about the blue dyed drachma, he joined in on some of the later verses.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:13 pm
Sam watched the goings on at the bar at first with two raised eyebrows, then just one (though, this is usually referred to as simply 'arching' an eyebrow') and then neither, as she gradually became annoyed. Seeking privacy, she got up, walked to the far end of the bar, sat down, and resumed her book.

All the while, her right hand tapped the beat against the cover of her book. It was best for all that she failed to notice this 'show of weakness'.

"Yes we should. I wonder what would be in it... I've always had a soft spot for Bail-- What?" Somehow, Rowen and Era managed to never actually encounter each other, though the young man did vaguely recall somebody by that name. He was, however, more distracted by the recolection of the young woman sitting at the bar. Who was apparently now alone.

"You left a customer alone?!" And, after glancing around and putting the papers on his desk. Rowen ran after her.

Making sure to lock the door behind him.

Rowen McNeill

Frostborne_PrettyGirl
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:58 am
Once the penguins had finished their singing and dancing, Esteban took notice of the room around him once more. "Where did that lady go?" he thought to himself, as he stood and looked around the room. "Excuse me," he said in a loud voice. "Is there anybody besides me here?"  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:40 pm
Sam rolled her eyes and sighed in a slightly dramatic fashion, then lowered her book. She was at the far end of the bar, so not out of sight, but safely surrounded by shadows. As a matter of fact, if it wasn't for the sound of somebody running down the stairs, she would have remained invisible.

But she wanted a refill on her drink.

"Yes." She looked just as annoyed as she sounded.  

Rowen McNeill

Frostborne_PrettyGirl
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:25 pm
"Esteban turned to look at the woman still there. "I don't want your help," he began with a sneer, "because you have not been any help at all." He looked down at his briefcase. "I need the owner of this establishment."  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:17 am
Sam narrowed her eyes at the man, then turned towards her book. "Fine, then I won't tell you where she is."

It was actually unlike her to be so petty, but she didn't appreciate being sneered at. It was, in her book, something she did to other people. She arched an eyebrow at the briefcase, then shrugged and continued reading her book.

Of course, Sam wasn't sure who the owner was-- but there was a dragon-woman about (coming down the stairs, by the sound of it), and an educated guess told her that was who the man was looking for.

The young man with the dragon woman didn't strike her as management material, or a bar owner for that matter.

((Sorry, I JUST saw the post where Esteban asked if Sam was Die. She would have said 'no' in a snarky manner, but I guess we'll just go with things they way they are. Also, I thought Fox-- er, SilentDraconis would have posted by now, since the stairs aren't that long, but such is life. I guess I just don't want you to think I'm a jackass... ^_^;; ))  

Rowen McNeill

Frostborne_PrettyGirl
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:50 pm
Esteban sneered a little at the woman's response. "I find you rather unbearable,: he said plainly. "Not only are you of no help, but you actually thought you could try and make me feel guilty about what I've said by flaunting petty words in my face." As he started speaking, he had unlatched his briefcase and removed a pen and a small sheet of paper, and began scribbling words on it. "Why anybody has allowed you to stay here this long, is beyond me, but I can assure you, that should I ever find you roaming around the town or straying into my graveyard, you'll wish you hadn't gotten on my bad side." He finished scribbling his note and had stuck it, and the pen, back inside his briefcase. "Furthermore, I suggest you start telling me what I want to know."

((heh. Its okay that you missed my question, because I like how this has turned out. Its like she totaly ignored his question.))  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:57 am
Sam only paid cursory attention to his words, instead focusing on the briefcase, paper, and pen. Was he a lawyer? A cop? Cops generally wern't known for briefcases... A disgruntled businessman? A mad businessman?

This one was clearly mad, in the British sense of the term. She didn't recall using any 'pretty words' on him, since 'short words' were more her style; and of course the word 'graveyard' could be of interest, if not use, in the future.

She straightened the collar of her suit collar, checking to make sure her trusty letter opener was still there. It seemed rather sad that she was relying on a piece of plastic as a weapon, but it had served her well in the past. Besides, it didn't set off airport security.

She somewhat regretted the pettiness of her previous response-- and the fact that she had even responded to him at all. Ever. The 'deaf' card had worked more than once in the past, and she was wishing she could play it again. Oh well, too late for that.

"I don't see why I should." She resumed her reading.

((Though that's one of the few questions she would have answered. Oh well, at least we have something to do until SilentDraconis comes back!))  

Rowen McNeill

silentdraconis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:55 pm
((Sorry! Life got hectic...))

Die skipped the last few steps of the stairs (read: missed the third step up and half-fell down the remaining two) and stopped to straighten herself out into a respectable looking bar-keep before she walked into the main room. The sight of the clean-cut man in a suit made her pause, her diminutive wings shifting at her back--she had scaled both the leathery wings and long scaled tale of her draconic heritage back so as not to break anything (or attract unwanted attention.)
"Oh! Another customer? I thought I hung a closed sign... Anyway, how can I help you? A drink?" The petite young lady walked behind the bar and smiled kindly at him. She looked innocent. Naive and innocent...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:08 am
Sam turned to the steps, frowned progressively at the sound of the tripping and falling, then shook her head and went back to her book. When Die appeared, the young woman at the bar spoke in a monotone.

"He's looking for you." Of course, it was just a guess-- but it was an educated guess.  

Rowen McNeill

Frostborne_PrettyGirl
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:48 am
Esteban looked at the new young lady in the room, and did a quick inspection of her, with but a glance, his eyes flashing red briefly. "You must be the owner of this establishment, Die?" he said, with a sort of knowing that only he could possess. "Am I correct?" He paused briefly, but knowing he was correct, he continued. "I received information that you took over operation of the D.I.N.E.R. clan and all of their properties. Of those properties they controlled, was the old Tenth Sea Library. Now, as to why I am here." He opened his briefcase and pulled out a photograph of a book and handed it to Die. "I have spent a great deal of time researching this book, trying to find out where it was, and have finally discovered that it lies within your library and I simply need your permission to enter that accursed building, find the tome, and then leave. Can we come to a deal on this?" Esteban stared at the woman with piercing, yellow eyes, while she absorbed all of the information.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:41 pm
A walking sugar tree walks into the club and asks for a drink of sugar plums  

Jasae Bushae
Captain

2,900 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100

Rowen McNeill

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:19 pm
Rowen came down the stars a minute or two after Die, having taken time to lock the doors and put some of the files away.

A lot had happened in that minute or two.

He had been about to ask the young woman at the bar if she wanted another drink-- or a job-- when he heard the man's library-related demand. The Library being a personal interest of him, he was about to get a foot into this conversation, when the sugar tree walked in.

This was the last straw.

"I thought sugar came from cane, which is a grass. And... do you mean a drink made 'from' sugar plums?" He looked and sounded very confused.

Byako, City of Everything Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff