Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Things that could improve Resident Evil Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:34 pm
they made RE6 and it had zombies, leon dies, ada doesn't save him and escapes, las plagas is no longer part of the story line. Just like my RE6 motivational poster.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:47 am
Id like to see how a run 'n' gun feature would work  

xXSteLLaRX

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:24 am
xXSteLLaRX
Id like to see how a run 'n' gun feature would work

I wouldn't. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:28 am
Ooh! You know what else? Turn based combat system in first person real time strategy kart racing minigame collection!  

Biohazard EXTREME

Twili-Chan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:24 am
Infinite ammo on just the handgun...like the umbrella chronicles for the wii.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:31 pm
If they remade RE0-3 with RE5 controls I would love it to my core.
T/G-virus > Los Plagas. I'm more afraid of something all bloodied up with chunks missing out of it more then some angry dudes with parasites living in it.  

Severance09

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:23 am
^ Yeah, no... Except maybe RE3, or at least give the option for either way. And no inifinite ammo on the handgun, either. That kinda takes away the idea of ammo conservation. Unless it's say, a repeat playthrough, then you should be able to do it.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:15 pm
I think the best improvement yet would be IF YOU COULD RUN AND SHOOT AT THE SAME TIME.

I love the series, I mean it's my favorite game series ever, but seriously that would make it a lot more realistic. sweatdrop  

draegin

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:20 pm
draegin
I think the best improvement yet would be IF YOU COULD RUN AND SHOOT AT THE SAME TIME.

I love the series, I mean it's my favorite game series ever, but seriously that would make it a lot more realistic. sweatdrop
And it would also put it yet another step away from the Survival Horror genre. But I guess they might as well, since RE isn't survival horror anymore anyway.
That's the problem with RE right now. Yes, I hate what it's become... In pretty much every way... But if you're gonna turn your franchise from a Survival Horror game into a Shooter, might as well go all the way.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:50 pm
draegin

Um, no... that would make it a lot LESS realistic. You can't move, aim, and shoot at the same time and expect to hit anything worth a s**t in real life. Try it sometime.

You know what I miss? The satisfaction you got from killing things in RE. Like remember when you first got the shotgun in RE1? For one, you finally had something you could seriously damage the zombies with, and you'd let it creep up close, aim up at its face, wait until it got just close enough to bite, and then *BLAM!* take the zombie's head right off with that satisfying sploshing sound as it head turned to bloody mush. They amped it up even more in RE2, and you'd blow off half the zombies torso with its head as bloody chunks of flesh sprayed all over the place. And remember how you could shoot the zombies limbs off and they'd continue to crawl after you? Nothing satisfying in killing a plaga-infected dude. s**t, half the time you shoot them in the face, they just cup their eyes and stagger back a bit. confused  

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:47 am
Thee Stranger

You know what I miss? The satisfaction you got from killing things in RE. Like remember when you first got the shotgun in RE1? For one, you finally had something you could seriously damage the zombies with, and you'd let it creep up close, aim up at its face, wait until it got just close enough to bite, and then *BLAM!* take the zombie's head right off with that satisfying sploshing sound as it head turned to bloody mush. They amped it up even more in RE2, and you'd blow off half the zombies torso with its head as bloody chunks of flesh sprayed all over the place. And remember how you could shoot the zombies limbs off and they'd continue to crawl after you? Nothing satisfying in killing a plaga-infected dude. s**t, half the time you shoot them in the face, they just cup their eyes and stagger back a bit. confused

You know what I miss? I miss the exploration in Survival Horror. (And I'm not talking about Leon's scavenger hunt for money. That was one of the dumbest things in RE4). I miss being able to walk up to anything. Walk up to a desk, and it says, "The owner of this desk seemed disorganized." Walk up to a picture on the wall and it says, "This is a painting of farmers working in the field." What does that have to do with anything? NOTHING. But it just made the game so much more interesting.
Nowadays it's pretty obvious what you have to look at and what's just there for decoration. It takes the fun out of it.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:26 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Yes, yes, we all love Resident Evil to death and zombification. But no game is perfect. So this thread is to discuss improvements that could have been made to Resident Evil, either to the particular games or the series in general.

If it's in a particular game, be sure to specify.

I guess I'll start.

REmake: They should have merged the two storylines to show what REALLY happened in the arklay mansion, or at least made it like RE2, just have two separate storylines with scenario B supplementing scenario A.

In general, I think all the characters in RE, all the good guys, tend to be too righteous. We need a good guy who'll say, "I'm gonna kill my ally because he's infected," instead of, "Fear not, friend! I'll find the cure!"

I had sworn they would finally do that in UC.
The only reason we didn't have Chris+Jill in the original is that the PS1 hardware couldn't handle it, and it was too bulky.
Now we're 13 years in the future and they STILL can't do it that way, OUTSIDE of a rail shooter?  

Garcian Smith

Distinct Citizen

5,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Citizen 200

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:55 pm
Garcian Smith
The only reason we didn't have Chris+Jill in the original is that the PS1 hardware couldn't handle it, and it was too bulky.
Now we're 13 years in the future and they STILL can't do it that way, OUTSIDE of a rail shooter?

Well, I meant to actually show what REALLY happened in the canon storyline.... Not... You know... Finding Richard in a completely wrong room... Skipping half the game... And... Not having Barry at all... BARRY.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:12 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Garcian Smith

Well, I meant to actually show what REALLY happened in the canon storyline.... Not... You know... Finding Richard in a completely wrong room... Skipping half the game... And... Not having Barry at all... BARRY.

And when UC was first announced, you know with the re rendered REmake screen shots and the RE4 engine, I thought that was what we were finally getting.
Curse my optimism!!
scream  

Garcian Smith

Distinct Citizen

5,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Citizen 200

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:47 pm
Well, considering that Jill and Chris are together THE WHOLE TIME, as opposed to, oh I don't know... Actually roaming the mansion alone, which actually makes things Scary... But then why would you need scares? It's not like it's supposed to be a horror game, right?
What?
It is? Oh, my mistake. I didn't get that impression from playing UC.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff