Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Númenórë - A LOTR Community
Eambar: Off-Topic Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zurgi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:11 pm
Haha, you're in too much of a math mindset xp

"We're making Pi? Okay! 22/7! I made Pi!"  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:14 pm
Zurgiea
Kazaera
Zurgiea
Oh yes, I saw that. Except she's not editing posts. I am xd Unless you want to love me too xp

Nah, I'm not really into threesomes.
*cannot BELIEVE she is having this conversation*
*it's too fun to stop, though whee *

Psht, you missed the sixsome (doesn't seem right...) in the 50 reasons xp You could join in a be a seventh for it! We're baking pies ^_^

And brownies.  

Kementari

Kazaera

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:15 pm
Zurgiea
Haha, you're in too much of a math mindset xp

"We're making Pi? Okay! 22/7! I made Pi!"

Actually, 22/7 is only approximately pi, to really calculate it, you need an infinite series-

What is wrong with me today? eek I haven't actually done any maths stuff at all (it's weekend, I have no homework, the exams are still some weeks away) but suddenly it's taking over my brain!
Mmm... complex numbers... matrices... complete induction...
...help?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:17 pm
Shush, in grade 10, 22/7 is considered Pi xp Actually, in most cases, 3.14 is just used. Screw the rest of the decimals!  

Zurgi

Kazaera

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:20 pm
True, but infinite series are fun! There are some really cool ones out there... say, Pi^2/6=1 - 1/3 + 1/5 - 1/7 + 1/9 etc.
But yeah, I remember that tenth grade maths is different (I'm not that old yet! xd )  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:21 pm
*blink**blink*

OLD PERSON! xp You're, what, four years older than me? Psht. Oldie.  

Zurgi

Kazaera

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:23 pm
Zurgiea
*blink**blink*

OLD PERSON! xp You're, what, four years older than me? Psht. Oldie.

Wha? You're fourteen?
Somehow I automatically consider people on the net my own age. Which is weird, seeing as I started when I was fifteen (three years... OMG I feel so old now...)
Although frankly, the thought of no longer being a teenager is damn scary. The fact that I'm legally an adult is so terrifying I don't like to dwell on it long sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:30 pm
Don't worry Kazaera, the rest of us will happily forge tthat you're an adult. I think we all tend to fall into the trap of believing everyone to be the same age as us.
Which, by the way, turns out to be interesting when you meet these people and remember that one of them is a university professor (*Sigh* The joys of NaNoWriMo). sweatdrop

And let me just say it: For once, I'm relieved at the lack of mod-ship. The editing war might have gotten out of hand.  

Lithwen

Zurgi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:32 pm
Yes I am fourteen. I'll be turning 15 in January though ^_^

Yeah, I tend to forget people are (in most cases) older than me. I think the majority of the people in this guild are older than me ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:34 pm
Lithwen
Don't worry Kazaera, the rest of us will happily forge tthat you're an adult. I think we all tend to fall into the trap of believing everyone to be the same age as us.
Which, by the way, turns out to be interesting when you meet these people and remember that one of them is a university professor (*Sigh* The joys of NaNoWriMo). sweatdrop

Thank you! It's not a fact I'm proud of whee sweatdrop
Yeah... I know the feeling. You're happily chatting away with these people and then completely by accident you find out they have children who are older than you... sweatdrop
It's actually kind of fun, seeing how we form preconceived opinions about people regarding age, gender, nationality, etc...
(and there's probably no question more embarassing to ask an online acquaintance than "what gender are you?")

And *is jealous* I'd've loved to participate in NaNoWriMo, but a) I'm not in the US and b) I cannot continue writing something to save my life. The furthest I've ever gotten was four chapters sad Vignette girl, that's me.  

Kazaera

Nimbrethil

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:40 pm
Kazaera
Although frankly, the thought of no longer being a teenager is damn scary. The fact that I'm legally an adult is so terrifying I don't like to dwell on it long sweatdrop

Yeah... me too sad

In my head, I'm still, like, 16. xp  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:45 pm
Nimbrethil
Kazaera

Yeah... me too sad

In my head, I'm still, like, 16. xp

Ditto. Or fifteen. Although I have also have a prominent inner nine-year-old, which can be *really* embarassing.

And Zurgiea - I know the feeling. The first forum I was on, there were loads of grown-ups and a group of us teenagers. Everyone was really cool, though. I don't think it matters that much - there are plenty of adults that behave really immaturely and teens that behave better than 'em.
[/profoundness at 2 am]  

Kazaera

Kementari

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:45 pm
I'm 17. I'll be 18 in January.

It's weird, unless I know your younger then me, I think everybody on the net is older (just by a couple years).
Or if your an illiterate fangirl, then I think your younger.

I guess it depend how most people act. If you act like your 12, I'm going to think that. If you act 25, then I'll think that.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:46 pm
I automatically think Fangirls are like, 12 or younger o.o; Probably just because of the way they type..and how stupid they sound.  

Zurgi

Kazaera

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:51 pm
Zurgiea
I automatically think Fangirls are like, 12 or younger o.o; Probably just because of the way they type..and how stupid they sound.

Yeah. It's disturbing to think of them as the same age as you, or even older! Yet unfortunately, for many fangirls that's the case.
I have to say, all these fangirls makes one nostalgic for the days of "Ew! Boys! Boys have *cooties*!" xd  
Númenórë - A LOTR Community

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games