Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Raccoon Cinema:: (Movies, Music, Etc.)
::The Official Resident Evil Novel Discussion:: (ReVote!!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which Resident Evil novel was the best?
  Zero Hour
  The Umbrella Conspiracy
  Caliban Cove
  City Of The Dead
  Underworld
  Nemesis
  Code: Veronica
  Genesis
  Apocalypse
  Extinction
View Results

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:55 am
I get bored to tears on the elliptical at the gym... I normally bring one of my theory books to read, but it just doesn't make the time pass... Now I'll actually have something decent!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:57 am
What's the elliptical?  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:03 am
http://www.2ndwindcommercial.com/images/90X.jpg

It's like riding a bike standing up. It's low impact and is much better for your body than just running on a treadmill. Feels great after 45 minutes on this puppy, but its the duration that kills you, along with the boredom (at my gym, the TV isn't attached, which doesn't matter to me because I always read a book).  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:05 am
Cool. I wanna get an excercise bike for my home. Then I could exercise while playing video games. My instructor suggested it. He said that being on the bike while playing Halo, afterwards felt like he was actually there doing the running.  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:06 am
The only gripe I have with an exercise bike is that you would have to get one with the Random Hill option. Otherwise, you'll have to be on there for hours to get any decent results. Resistance is the key with bikes..  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:07 am
Yeah, those are awesome. I'd love to get one of those programmable ones.  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:10 am
If I can do a mile in under 10 minutes on the elliptical, I reward myself with 20 minutes on the bike with the Random hill selection. Kicks my a** into shape, that's for sure.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:12 am
Well, excercise is another reason I want to get the Wii. I mean, things like Wii sports can be a killer. My friend when he first got it, came back from the weekend, his whole body was sore.

Maybe I should just buy the Eye Toy Kinetic.  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:17 am
It's good motivation. I only go to the gym because my roommate comes with me, and we're very strict about going every day. We maybe take 2 or 3 days off depending on workload. It's so empowering once you see results though... especially after lifting weights for a month and not noticing a difference until your jeans fit looser biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:30 pm
Yeah, well, if I had a workout buddy, I'd probably be at the gym a lot more often too. Meanwhile my only workout buddy is my dumbbell.  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:18 pm
Hey, it's better than nothing. At least you DO work out. It took me months to muster up the courage to get myself to the gym.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:17 pm
Yes, but like I said, I work out in my household. I'm not gonna go to the gym and embarrass myself amongst all those guys who look like Chris in RE5.  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:42 pm
I'm with you on that. That's why I belong to Planet Fitness. I dunno if they have them up there in your parts, but they're the best gyms in the world. They don't allow intimidation on the floors. It's a really friendly place, for all ages.

Otherwise, I'd stick to running the stairs... just thinking about doing that makes my back ache.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:57 pm
Ehh... I like my privacy in general. I always preferred the idea of a gym at home as opposed to going out to a gym.  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:18 pm
Believe me, I would if I could. Money and living space plays a huge factor, as you know. Things will all fall into place in a few years... then I wont have to deal with anyone on the outside... Mwahhaa.  
::Raccoon Cinema:: (Movies, Music, Etc.)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games