Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Diagon Alley Streets Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:03 pm
User Image
Fianna Grey
Gryffindor Sixth Year Sixteen Years OldSingle

Fianna was excited when she discovered Aria wanted to meet up in Diagon Alley, and it gave her a good excuse to get away from the house and her parents. Since her grade card had yet to arrive, she a bit nervous about how well she did on her OWLs. She didn't think she flunked, but there was the question of the 'degree of success'. Things were so dull with her cousin out of the country on Gringott's business, and her sister stressing about getting a job now she was out of Hogwarts. It also didn't help she was a bit out of luck in the romance department, and didn't even have a boyfriend to bring with her to the big Music Festival in Waterford. She was kinda hoping to change that last bit in her social life this year.

For her big outing today, she settled on a short jeans skirt, paired with black hose, black shoes with chunky three-inch heels (to help make her feel a bit taller, if nothing else), a lavender tanktop, and a white chain knit cardi 'sweater' (there were more openings than fabric, in truth) she'd gotten from her cousin. Her long red hair was brushed back, and a white fabric Alice band held it back. She kept her wand, which was little better than a prop and a bus ticket out of school, in her purse, which was slung over one shoulder, and she took good care to have a grip on it in public. It had taken a while to figure out her ensemble, and she was hoping to look cute and pretty, and maybe even a little mature, than anything else.

Fianna arrived a bit later than she'd hoped to, not that she was complaining, since Hannah was nice enough to Apparate her to Diagon Alley. It was way better than getting bounced around in the back of the Knight Bus, which was likely how she was getting home tonight. She definitely planning on learning how to Apparate in the upcoming term. Thankfully, Diagon Alley didn't seem so busy today, so she hoped it wouldn't be so hard locating Aria as it might otherwise be.

The kids playing Aurors and Death-Eaters kinda unnerved the young lioness, reminding her of the story of her cousin was nearly killed by the latter, and she was seriously considering taking up the former as a career after graduation next year. She soon spotted her friend, sitting on a bench. Waving to get her attention, Fianna called out excitedly, "Aria!" as she approached.

OOC:
Essy ze Ninja

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
                  Turn your magic on, to me she'd say
                  "Everything you wants a dream away
                  We are legends, every day"
                  That's what she told me

Under this pressure, under this weight
                  We are diamonds"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:25 pm
User Image
                                                                My eyes are open wide
                                                                And by the way,
                                                                I made it through the day
                                                                I watched the world outside
                                                                By the way,
                                                                I'm leaving out today

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Where am I? Diagon Alley
                                                                Who am I with? Aria, Fianna
                                                                What am I doing? Hanging out
                                                                What am I thinking? At least this gets me out of the house a bit.
                                                                What am I wearing? Summer Meeting

Arden had managed to convince his uncle to actually let him out of the house to meet friends. He considered this an achievement, considering Hamnet's increasingly obsessive behavior regarding him. He was pretty sure that the events several years ago with Hamilton didn't help any, and his uncle was trying to set him up with an arranged marriage. Arden, for his part, had politely refused, which had resulted in Hamnet striking him for daring to talk back to him, and Arden was convinced that Hamnet was trying to mold him into whatever he'd done to Hamilton and Jesse. Arden of course didn't appreciate it, and he was half-tempted to leave the house as a result.

The only problem with that was that he knew his own father would send him right back, and Arden was stuck on what to do as a result. He thought that maybe he could talk to Jesse about moving in with him, but last he'd heard from his cousin, Jesse didn't exactly have a lot of room to offer, and Arden was loathe to place his cousin in a position where he had to find space for Arden. Instead, Arden reasoned, he had two more years until he graduated, and one more before he was an adult. Merlin willing, he might be able to move out as soon as he turned seventeen and never look back. Hamnet might protest the idea of him leaving, but Arden was quite honestly tired of having to try and appease a man who tossed his own sons out of the house like rubbish because of perceived flaws.

Deciding to put those thoughts aside, he spotted Aria and Fianna and made his way over, giving each of them a wave in greeting as he joined them. He noted the kids running around, and permitted himself a small smile that at least they didn't have the kinds of pressures that came from being in an old family. "Hey Aria, Fianna. I hope I'm not too late, am I?".

OOC:

Tell my mother,
                                                                Tell my father
                                                                I've done the best I can
                                                                To make them realize
                                                                This is my life
                                                                I hope they understand
                                                                I'm not angry, I'm just saying...
                                                                Sometimes goodbye is a second chance

Essy ze Ninja

Graydon Ironshield

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:27 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                            Swιтcн oɴ тнe ѕĸy αɴd тнe ѕтαrѕ ɢlow ғor yoυ
                                            Go ѕee тнe world 'cαυѕe ιт'ѕ αll ѕo вrαɴd ɴew-
                                            Doɴ'т cloѕe yoυr eyeѕ 'cαυѕe yoυr ғυтυre'ѕ reαdy тo ѕнιɴe!
                                            Iт'ѕ jυѕт α мαттer oғ тιмe, вeғore we leαrɴ нow тo ғly
                                            Welcoмe тo тнe rнyтнм oғ тнe ɴιɢнт!
                                            Tнere'ѕ ѕoмeтнιɴɢ ιɴ тнe αιr yoυ cαɴ'т deɴy

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ǀвαяяα SυƖαιмαη A. Ɓαυтιѕтα x
                                            Unsorted First YearHalf-bloodTech Savvyxxxxx

「 Summer 2037 」
                                            ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Ibarra could feel the intensity from these two blokes, but it couldn't be that bad. Then again, he wasn't boastful when it came to him actually being clever. Just because his accent wasn't the posh type (but sometimes described as some Farmers' accent, poor Devonshire) didn't mean he was any less, but apparently some people think otherwise. Snickering at their funny reactions, he replied very sarcastically at the posh girl, "I apologize for my utter foolishness, prinsesa. But either way, I'm afraid to inform that havin' a so-called heated discussion in the streets is a bad idea. You might've be in the way, ya know?" He then waved his hand at the Asian-ish boy when he shuddered about the concept of a "married couple." "S'nice to meet you, Akira. You don't have to continue that, because I get it. 'Sides, if you two are married you might murder each other, so don't think it will happen in the future." When he had to compare the two, Akira seemed to be a bit nicer than Callista, who sounded like a bratty princess. He was sure that his parents and his Ate Clara never liked those types, to start it.

"I really hate to say this, senyora, but I also don't care if you're a Hargrave." Ibarra crossed his arms as he stared at Callista with a very unamused look. He could probably see it that she's not only a posh, but probably one of those pureblooded people Clara was talking about. "Sorry to say this, but if you really want to win some friends to be the Most Popular Girl in school, you really have to work on your social ski-"

"Okay, no Barry. If you're planning to join the so-called heated discussion, you're banned from it." Kenji interrupted him, giving him a firm look, which made Barry groan in silence. No, he was so not allowing his youngest cousin to have enemies before school started, otherwise Barry's parents with kill him. "Anyway, good to meet you, Shinobu. But yes, me and Ms. Hargrave can help you out to be familiar with the place. In fact, I actually work in an owl shop nearby."

« with [Kenji, Callista, Shinobu] at [Streets] »

PROFILEOUTFITSIGNATURE TUNE

xxxxx « Out.Of.Character » xxxxx
                                            - - -

Joιɴed αт тнe нιp, yeαн, yoυr ѕιdeĸιcĸ ɴeedѕ yoυ!
                                            Lιғe ιѕ α тrιp αɴd тнe roαd мαp leαdѕ yoυ
                                            Looĸ αll αroυɴd αт тнe мoυɴтαιɴѕ yoυ нαveɴ'т clιмвed
                                            Iт'ѕ вeeɴ ғυɴ вυт ɴow I've ɢoт тo ɢo,
                                            Lιғe ιѕ wαy тoo ѕнorт тo тαĸe ιт ѕlow!
                                            Bυт вeғore I ɢo αɴd нιт тнe roαd, I ɢoттα ĸɴow-
                                            Uɴтιl тнeɴ, wнeɴ cαɴ we do тнιѕ αɢαιɴ?

The Forgotten Weasley

Diamond Wales

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:17 am
User Image
                                                  And I can't stop 'til the whole world knows my name
                                                  'Cause I was only born inside my dreams
                                                  Until you die for me, as long as there's a light, my shadow's over you
                                                  'Cause I, I am the opposite of amnesia
                                                  And you're a cherry blossom
                                                  You're about to bloom
                                                  You look so pretty, but you're gone so soon

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Mᴜɢɢʟᴇʙᴏʀɴ || Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ || Uɴsᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ

════════════════════════

Akira snorted as the girl argued that no, this place was not backward and instead he was oblivious. Rolling his eyes, he crossed his arms and decided to inform her exactly why the place was so backwards. "I don't know about you, but selling beetle eyes and frog livers and stuff? That's the kind of thing that you find in some weird back alley place with questionable items. No way is that safe for human consumption."

Shinobu simply gave Akira another swat to the back of the head. Akira yelped and rubbed the back of his head while shooting a look at his brother. "Honestly? That'd be great. Our aunt's from the States, and I'm not magical. We never knew that this place existed until recently, actually."

Akira would have snickered at what Barry said, but recalled that his brother had recently swatted him and wouldn't hesitate to twist his ear or something in retaliation. Of all the things that Shinobu had to pick up from their mum, why did he have to pick up the ear twisting? In any case, it was annoying that his older brother had to be a giant killjoy. "Oh great, just what I need. To worry about someone murdering me in my sleep. Well, if that happens, we know who to blame then." He returned the wave, though he wasn't sure what to make of the two kids. Was he supposed to play nice or something? It'd probably be safer to ask Shinobu when they weren't around the other two. "Social skills are overrated. I mean, it's not like they're really useful or anything."

"I'm probably going to hear that Aunt Denise is having to go to your school to deal with you getting in trouble all the time, aren't I?" His brother then blinked as Kenji mentioned owls. "Owls? Why do you need owls? Do wizards keep them as pets or something?"

════════════════════════

Thinking: Aw, come on Nobu! I'm not that bad!
                                                  OOC:

We've been here forever
                                                  And here's the frozen proof
                                                  I could scream forever
                                                  We are the poisoned youth

The Forgotten Weasley

Jade Galaksylph

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:52 pm
I have seen the firewatcher's daughter;
Watching fires burn from smoke to black...
There's nothing she won't burn,
From styrofoam to urns, to someone else's ashes in a sack!
You can scorch the metal, you can even melt the glass...
You can pass the time here, fire lives into the past-

User Image
CALLISTA
DULCE
HARGRAVE

pureblood │ unsorted │ first year

Callista snapped back when Akira crossed his arms and rolled his eyes at her, informing her (as if she were an idiot) that beetle eyes and frog livers weren't fit for human consumption."They're for potions," she retorted. "Not that you'd know anything about that. We don't eat them at tea time- do muggles drink chemicals left and right? No, they use them to make things. At least attempt to think critically, if you're going to spout nonsense." She looked delighted when his brother gave him another swat, explaining that their aunt was from the States and that he wasn't magical. It was a pity that Akira couldn't have been the muggleborn, because she had the feeling she'd be putting up with this for the next seven years.

When Barry responded to her sarcastically, the blonde stared at him with a look of complete disdain. "You're the one who marched up to us. And better a princesa than a payaso," Callista mocked. "I don't particularly care whether people like me or not, because some people have spines, and don't need to rely on the attention of others to feel good about themselves." Most popular girl in school? What was that supposed to be, some snide reference? And of course he'd immediately sided with Akira, as if she were some lunatic woman. Although, technically Akira did defend her, saying social skills were useless, so she shot him an approving look.

Besides, it wasn't like she was some manner-less savage; Callista just believed in speaking her mind. Who cared if she offended someone? She was usually right. The older brother asked about owls, and she replied before her stepmother could. "They're used to deliver letters and such. I have a cat, though. I don't like owls very much, they're terribly dirty."

Lisa gave Kenji an apologetic look, shaking her head and muttering under her breath.

OOC:
((clown))
Diamond Wales

Jade Galaksylph

An all-consuming flame, that refines and new begins;
It'll take your family heirlooms, but it can take your darkest sins.
It's a good ol' bedtime story, give you nightmares 'til you die...
And the ones that love to tell it, hide the mischief in their eyes-
Condemn their sons to Hades and Gehenna is full of guys, alive and well
But there ain't no hell for a firewatcher's daughter.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:01 am
User Image

ARIA SOLARIN __________
Sixth Year, Gryffindor ________
════════════════════════════________

Aria fiddled with her hands and fingers, picking at the dirt beneath her nails when she would much rather be playing with her smart-phone. Google would know which old song was stuck in her head; she could only remember about four lines, “A mulatto / An albino / A mosquito / My libido” and it just played on repeat over and over again until the words started turning to mush. But then a redhead bobbed closer in the distance and she heard a voice cry out her name. Aria bounced to her feet and shouted, ”Fi!” Then wrapped her friend in a tight hug before taking a small step back looking her up and down. ”Oo, I love your sweater,” she didn't even think to ask, just ran her fingers along the white cotton fabric examining it closer. Aria wasn't wearing anything too fancy, just a fitted black tee, old blue jeans and a pair of muddy rain boots that (only almost) got devoured into the mudpit on her way off the farm. It wasn't until she saw Arden that she felt a little out of place and underdressed. Sure, both of her friends were purebloods, but it never was so glaringly obvious until right now. She swallowed the thought like a dry pill and smiled anyway.

”Hey Arden! Nah, Fi just got here and I haven't been waiting too long.” Well, not really. ”So whaddya mates wanna do? Florean's is looking a little crowded already. But we could try Sugarplums? Or Leaky? Or the joke shop?” Who knew if her friends had any plans—she didn't—she was just happy to be out of the house for the summer. Her brothers were all fighting to use the spare car, which really put a dent in her getting a learner's permit because there was never a car around for her da' to teach her in! Well, there was his car, but he said he'd have to be dying before anyone other than mum could drive it. And really, other than that, there wasn't much else to do. Bristol was the closest city and it was half an hours drive; at least two hours of walking up and down hills. Bugger all that noise. ”I really don't care either way, so whatever you two pick is fine with me. Oh, and how've your summer's been so far? I know it only just started but I'm so ready to go back to school.”

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷
WHEN:: Summer of 2037 】 【WHERE:: Diagon Alley
WITH WHO:: Fianna and Arden

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷

Graydon Ironshield
Diamond Wales

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:23 pm
User Image
Fianna Grey
Gryffindor Sixth Year Sixteen Years OldSingle

Fianna returned her friend's hug enthusiastically. All of a sudden she was reminded how much she missed talking to Aria all the time. "Thanks," she answered cheerfully, when Aria complimented her on her sweater. "My cousin got it for me. Which reminds me, I'll have to show you the beautiful scarves she brought home from Cairo."

When Arden arrived, Fianna was impressed by the young man's appearance. "Hi, Arden, you're looking quite dapper today," she said, before answering Aria's question with, "I guess it rather depends on whether you're interested in a snack or a real meal. I love strawberry ice cream, but Sugarplums has cold pumpkin juice and pastries, and Leaky has really good steak and chips. How about you, Arden. What might you fancy doing?"

Aria mentioned how their summers were, and how much she was wanting start back at school, and Fianna chimed in with, "We took our annual family outing to the Celtic Music Festival in Waterford, and my uncle's taking me with him on a business trip up to Antrim. I know what you mean, though, about school. I'm really looking forward to that Apparation class. No more Floo Network or getting bounced around in the back of the Knight Bus after I get my certification. That's how Hannah got me here."

OOC:
Essy ze Ninja
Red Hot Missy

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
                  We are legends, every day"
                  That's what she told me

Under this pressure, under this weight
                  We are diamonds"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:12 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                            Swιтcн oɴ тнe ѕĸy αɴd тнe ѕтαrѕ ɢlow ғor yoυ
                                            Go ѕee тнe world 'cαυѕe ιт'ѕ αll ѕo вrαɴd ɴew-
                                            Doɴ'т cloѕe yoυr eyeѕ 'cαυѕe yoυr ғυтυre'ѕ reαdy тo ѕнιɴe!
                                            Iт'ѕ jυѕт α мαттer oғ тιмe, вeғore we leαrɴ нow тo ғly
                                            Welcoмe тo тнe rнyтнм oғ тнe ɴιɢнт!
                                            Tнere'ѕ ѕoмeтнιɴɢ ιɴ тнe αιr yoυ cαɴ'т deɴy

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ǀвαяяα SυƖαιмαη A. Ɓαυтιѕтα x
                                            Unsorted First YearHalf-bloodTech Savvyxxxxx

「 Summer 2037 」

Barry simply smirked when Akira sarcastically replied about worrying someone murdering with his sleep. "I said that you'll be fiiiine, since I highly doubt it that you lot would even try to date." 'Sides, they're just eleven, they'll worry about the whole relationship stuff once they go to the real school- which was a bummer because he knew that not even a cellphone can work properly in there. He, however, sighed when Akira retorted about how social skills were overrated, "I'm pretty sure they're underrated these days, to be honest." He remarked, "But whatever, suit yourselves."

Though, he can admit that he was a bit impressed when Callista seemed to be the type to not seek for attention to others, which was good, "Hm, at least you're honest to yourself or whatever. But I don't mind being a payaso, I get to take advantage of that every once in a while." He shrugged, wasn't showing that he was going to be affected if she was trying to insult him. Then again, snide remarks bounce off him after seconds of having a temper about it. He wasn't even a class clown back when he was studying in a muggle school, he was more remarked as a nerd or a gamer-boy.

« with [Kenji, Callista, Shinobu] at [Streets] »

PROFILEOUTFITSIGNATURE TUNE

xxxxx « Out.Of.Character » xxxxx
                                            - - -

Joιɴed αт тнe нιp, yeαн, yoυr ѕιdeĸιcĸ ɴeedѕ yoυ!
                                            Lιғe ιѕ α тrιp αɴd тнe roαd мαp leαdѕ yoυ
                                            Looĸ αll αroυɴd αт тнe мoυɴтαιɴѕ yoυ нαveɴ'т clιмвed
                                            Iт'ѕ вeeɴ ғυɴ вυт ɴow I've ɢoт тo ɢo,
                                            Lιғe ιѕ wαy тoo ѕнorт тo тαĸe ιт ѕlow!
                                            Bυт вeғore I ɢo αɴd нιт тнe roαd, I ɢoттα ĸɴow-
                                            Uɴтιl тнeɴ, wнeɴ cαɴ we do тнιѕ αɢαιɴ?

The Forgotten Weasley

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:33 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxDiagon Alley - Headed to QQS
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxJames
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxIrritated
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ώε'ɾε τhε τhεɾαρïṡτṡ ρυṃρïṉģ τhɾøυģh ÿøυɾ ṡρεαќεɾṡ, ḋεlïṿεɾïṉģ јυṡτ ώhατxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ÿøυ ṉεεḋ - ώε'ɾε ώεll ɾεαḋ αṉḋ ρøïṡεḋ, ώε'ɾε τhε вεṡτ вøÿṡxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ώε'ɾε τhε сhεṃïṡτṡ ώhø'ṿε ƒøυṉḋ τhε ƒøɾṃυlα τø ṃαќε ÿøυɾ hεαɾτxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ṡώεll αṉḋ вυɾṡτ; ṉø ṃαττεɾ ώhατ τhεÿ ṡαÿ, ḋøṉ'τ вεlïεṿε α ώøɾḋxxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceVince really couldn't complain about the shopping trip. He'd been the one to write James and ask about it, after all, though he'd intended to hopefully get the man to just do the shopping and send him his supplies. Apparently, though, he'd let on a little too much that being home was suffocating him as much as the crowd would, and James had determined he needed to get out for a few hours. Which... wasn't entirely untrue, but Vince would much rather have gone to a museum or something than shopping of all things. Especially since-

space"I thought you didn't like Quidditch, though?"

spaceThe question made the Ravenclaw grit his teeth, hands shoved deep in his pockets.
                                                          "I don't," he bit back, "I just said I wanted a broom, that's got nothing to do with Quidditch."

spaceJames looked perplexed. Which was par for the course with him, really, because he wasn't all that bright, as far as Vince could tell. How Lyre put up with the guy was beyond Vince's understanding. Sure, James was an attractive guy, but he wasn't that bloody attractive. Then again, Lyre was also one of the nicest people on the planet, and patient as hell, so that probably contributed.

space"You're planning on taking Advanced Flying, though?" he asked, and Vince had to resist the urge to make a very undignified noise in response. "Why take Advanced Flying if you don't want to play Quidditch?"

spaceThe preteen glared up at his cousin, obviously annoyed.
                                                          "I'm not interested in driving NASCAR either," he said, tone bland. "Doesn't mean I'd skip out on driver's ed." He paused, stopping in his tracks for a second before resuming and asking, "Will I still be allowed to take that? Or is that one of those things we're not allowed to do since we're magic?" Lyre could drive, so maybe it seemed like a dumb question. But, Vince had found out that the redhead hadn't graduated Hogwarts, and had been schooled in a normal, muggle school in the states after leaving, so maybe she was an exception or something. Vince didn't think James could drive. Then again, he was Mr. Broomstick, and apparated when he couldn't fly, so maybe driving seemed pointless.

space"You can still take it," the brunette replied, and Vince felt himself relax somewhat. Apparating wasn't pleasant, and while he did figure on learning to fly for means of transportation, he liked knowing he'd still have the option of a car. "Most don't, but I know a handful. Lyre's best friend, little blonde woman up at the school, Adalaide. Professor Whitethorne. She can drive." Not that she had a car, of course, but James recalled overhearing her comparing her own driving to that of her brother-in-law, and apparently she was better at it, at least by her reasoning. Though, that might not mean anything.

spaceVince continued towards the Quidditch store, already regretting this. He was sure they'd spend forever in the shop, with James trying to get him to actually care about what broom they purchased. Vince didn't care one whit, as long as it wasn't at risk of suddenly losing power in the middle of flight like the school brooms seemed liable to do. 'Gets me from point A to point B without death' was Vince's only requirement. He was sure James had more, though. This was going to be horrible.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxαɾε ώε ģɾøώïṉģ υρ øɾ јυṡτ ģøïṉģ ḋøώṉ?
                                                          xxxxxxïτ'ṡ јυṡτ α ṃαττεɾ øƒ τïṃε υṉτïl ώε'ɾε αll ƒøυṉḋ øυτ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxταќε øυɾ τεαɾṡ αṉḋ ρυτ τhεṃ øṉ ïсε сαυṡε ï ṡώεαɾ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxï'ḋ вυɾṉ τhïṡ сïτÿ ḋøώṉ τø ṡhøώ ÿøυ τhε lïģhτ

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          Open for interaction

u s e r n a m e

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:09 am
User Image
User Image

《《《《 Gonna ride the world like a merry-go-round 》》》》
《《《《 Like a Ferris wheel that's breaking down 》》》》
《《《《 Drinking angel's piss, gonna crash and burn 》》》》
《《《《 I just want some action so gimme my turn 》》》》

Charlie was just as excited for this year's shopping as he had been for the last years shopping. This time his mom was with him and they had just come out of Gringotts with a muggle to wizard money conversion rate on a small bit of parchment and a jingling bag. There weren't as many supplies this year as he had all the basic stuff. he did need new robes as he had burned something on all his others robes. Now he knew wich color to get this year! perhaps after they were done they could get some food here too.

[OPEN FOR INTERACTION]

《《《《Like a Chinese drama and conspiracy》》》》
《《《《It's the death of a nuclear family staring up at you》》》》
《《《《It's looking like another bad comedy》》》》
《《《《Just as long as it comes in high-fidelity for me too》》》》

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

oyehh

Feral Fairy

25,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:53 pm
User Image

D A N I E LxxxJ A C O B S

SECONDxYEAR xxxxxxHUFFLEPUFFxxxxxxPUREBLOOD

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

When his mother announced said that she was going to the apothecary in Diagon Alley, Daniel asked to join her. He always enjoyed going there, but because his mother usually did most of the shopping while they were at school, it didn't happen as often as he'd have liked. He did feel a little guilty that he was here without Lucy, but since she was hanging out with Alec at home, he figured she didn't mind. They'd come here to get their new school robes together later at least.

He walked alongside his mother and chatted as they navigated through the crowds. "We already did spiky bushes last year so I hope we study dittany this year or puffpods, that's really interesting," he told her, recalling the pictures he'd seen in his Herbology textbook.

Moira looked up from her parchment to smile at him, ruffling his hair affectionately. "You spend too much time in the gardens," she sighed, but shook her head fondly. "Just be careful you don't stay under the sun too long, both you and your grandfather. It's not good for both of you."

Daniel kept in the sigh that threatened to come out. He knew that already, but didn't say anything in reply to that; it wasn't like that was going to make much of a difference. No matter what he said, they'd always worry. Before he could continue his initial point, he saw a familiar face out of the corner of his eye and stopped for a moment to look closer. His expression brightened when he recognised Vince and he shook his mother's sleeve to get her attention. "Mum, that's my friend, Vince, can we go say hi?" he gestured discreetly towards him.

Moira blinked down at Daniel and then at his friend, before chuckling and nodding. Daniel didn't talk much about his friends, especially before Hogwarts, and she wasn't about to tell him no, especially when his friend was already here. Returning her smile, Daniel went ahead and caught up to the two. "Hey Vince, it's good to see you around." From the other boy's letters, he knew he had some trouble with his parents regarding getting school supplies, so Daniel was happy that he managed to get around that. Remembering the presence of the adults, he flushed slightly and sent the man accompanying Vince an abashed smile. "Hello, I'm Vince's friend, Daniel," he introduced himself politely. "This is my mother by the way," he directed this at them both, and Moira nodded at them both. "I'm Moira Jacobs, it's nice to meet you both."

c u r r e n t l yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                            ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                            a txxDiagon Alleyxxxxxw i t hxxhis mother, Vince and James Masters
                                                            f e e l i n gxxcheerfulxxxxxw e a r i n gxxcasual clothes

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

o o c
                                                        ━━━━
                                                        - - - - - - - - -

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:49 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxJames
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxIrritated

ώε'ɾε τhε τhεɾαρïṡτṡ ρυṃρïṉģ τhɾøυģh ÿøυɾ ṡρεαќεɾṡ, ḋεlïṿεɾïṉģ јυṡτ ώhατxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

spaceVince shouldn't have been surprised to run into Daniel, really. They both had to go shopping, and there was only one place to get the sorts of things they needed. Still, the fact that they'd both ended up at Diagon Alley on the same day, at the same time, was enough to catch Vince off-guard. Still, he smiled slightly, mood improving instantly as he greeted his friend. "Hey, Daniel," he said, then had to fight not to groan as Daniel rather politely introduced himself to James. Ugh, couldn't they just pretend he wasn't there? People did it to Vince often enough, it seemed only fair.

spaceThe seeker, not knowing his cousin's inner turmoil, saluted Daniel in greeting before offering his hand to Mrs. Jacobs. "James Masters, I'm Vince's... cousin, sort of."

spaceVince rolled his eyes at James.
                                                          "He's my dad's cousin," the blonde explained, glaring up at the older man. "So my second cousin. But for some reason saying 'Vince's cousin, sort of' is easier than saying 'Vince's second cousin'." He crossed his arms, looking at James expectantly.

spaceThe older man seemed nonplussed, effectively ignoring the boy to smile at Moira. "I'm taking him shopping for his school things, since his parents are... busy. And getting him a broom."

space"Just a broom," Vince hissed, knowing James was probably planning otherwise. He didn't need protective gear, or a practice snitch, or any other stupid bloody thing James wanted to pawn off on him.

space"I'll make a Quidditch player out of you eventually," the seeker chuckled good-heartedly, clearly not offended in the slightest at Vince's distaste for his chosen profession... mainly because he was certain the boy would come around.

spaceWhich he would not, Vince thought to himself, because Quidditch was bloody stupid. Just like every other bloody sport was. It wasn't like in ancient times, when they used them to plan battle strategies and train warriors. Now they existed for the sake of existing, and while Vince supposed he could see the draw for some, he had no interest whatsoever in sports and especially in ones played on brooms with balls that tried to kill you.
                                                          "James plays professionally," he informed the Jacobses, "And it's all he talks about, ever."

space"I talked to you about Hogwarts for over an hour last Summer," James pointed out.

space"And constantly veered off topic to talk about Quidditch," Vince rebutted. "First springboarding off the mandatory flying lessons, 'which aren't really handy for travel since most people just apparate or floo, but are great because it's the starting block to Quidditch training.'" Vince emphasized the quote, which was verbatim what James had said. "And then when you told me about the houses, you in fact told me next to nothing about the houses, because 'the only thing that really matters is who's gonna be on your Quidditch team.' And so on, and so forth." The younger Masters gave his friend an exasperated expression, as if to beg for some sort of help, as if Daniel had any to offer. Like bringing up any subject whatsoever that wouldn't circle back around to Quidditch... hah! As if that were possible. James could probably find a way to make talking about particle physics or quantum mechanics about Quidditch, and he didn't even know what either of those things were. Vince assumed he didn't, anyway.

spaceTo the blonde's disgust, James looked at Daniel as well, and immediately asked, "What about you? Playing for your house team? Or are you non-athletic like Vince?"

spaceThe Ravenclaw groaned. He wasn't bloody non-athletic (okay, he was, but he wasn't some lazy arse or wimp who couldn't handle a little roughhousing, he had six siblings for God's sake!), he just didn't fancy being bloody murdered in the sky playing flying bloody murderball. Surely James couldn't be this obnoxious about Quidditch all the time. Lyre didn't play, and from what Vince could tell had next to no interest in the sport. He bit back the urge to question the man right then and there on whether or not he harassed his wife as badly as he did the rest of the population. If not, Vince would love to have a little of that courtesy extended to him as well. Pompous arsehat.

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          Open for interaction

oyehh

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

oyehh

Feral Fairy

25,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:44 pm
User Image

D A N I E LxxxJ A C O B S

SECONDxYEAR xxxxxxHUFFLEPUFFxxxxxxPUREBLOOD

Daniel tried to hide a quiet chuckle at the Masters' bickering. So this was Vince's Quidditch obsessed cousin; the man seemed really nice, if a little enthusiastic. Daniel could see why Vince seemed so fed up with him. judging by the look that he sent Daniel, a look that practically screamed 'help'. Daniel could only shrug helplessly, unsure of what he could do. "Quidditch does seem fun enough," he interjected anyway (that was partially a lie, Daniel had never played Quidditch to know), "but aren't the other classes important too? Not everyone wants to play Quidditch professionally after Hogwarts."

Meanwhile, Moira (who had only raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything when the two argued) had been eyeing James, privately wondering why he looked familiar, finally recognising him when Vince said that he played professionally. "Aren't you the seeker for the Scottish team?" she asked curiously. She didn't care much about Quidditch herself, unlike her husband, but she didn't make it through life without attending a game or two.

When James suddenly addressed him, Daniel blinked owlishly for a moment, startled. Before he could say anything though, his mother answered for him.

"No, he doesn't play Quidditch," Moira shook her head, and Daniel nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, I'm more non-athletic than anything," he laughed sheepishly, scratching his cheek self-consciously. Lucy had surprisingly signed up for Gryffindor's Quidditch team, but not only did Daniel not have the time, but he was sure he'd be hit with a bludger and sent to the hospital wing for broken bones before you could say 'Quaffle'. He'd been called a wimp often enough back in elementary, but Daniel didn't deny it; he just wasn't suited for physical sports. "You'd have a better chance of finding me in a greenhouse than in the Quidditch pitch," he added sheepishly.

c u r r e n t l yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                            ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                            a txxDiagon Alleyxxxxxw i t hxxhis mother, Vince and James Masters
                                                            f e e l i n gxxcheerfulxxxxxw e a r i n gxxcasual clothes

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

o o c
                                                        ━━━━
                                                        - - - - - - - - -

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:58 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxJames
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxIrritated

spaceVince almost laughed when James had the decency to look chagrined at the implication that he didn't value the other courses in school. He put up his hands in a gesture of surrender, shaking his head. "Never said they weren't," he said, "Or that everyone should. I'm just not the books person, so to speak. My wife, she's the one that can get on the kid about his studies. I barely made it through them myself, so I've got no room to be on his arse about 'em, you know?" Vince could buy that, sort of. It wasn't like he interrupted conversations about coursework with Lyre to change the subject to Quidditch. Just, when there was a conversation that actively involved him, it always ended up circling back around to the one subject on which James was an expert. Vince sort of suspected that it was because he liked reminding people he wasn't a total idiot, since if you didn't talk about the sport, he could sort of come across as one.

space"'Sides, I don't have to worry about if Vince's got his nose in the books," his cousin pointed out, elbowing Vince as the preteen rolled his eyes. "He'd live in a cave made of books if he could. And actually likes reading textbooks, like actively enjoys it. But exercise is important for growing kids. I just wanna make sure he's making an effort to get outside and give his body its due. Strong mind, strong body. Whole package."

spaceVince snorted.
                                                          "I could do something other than Quidditch," he pointed out. Not that he liked any other sports any more than he liked that one, but that didn't mean the point didn't stand. "I could run, or work out, or swim-"

spaceJames looked unconvinced. "I've got a gym, and a pool, at my place. You weren't the least bit interested in either of them," he pointed out. Which, Vince couldn't argue with, but it was the principle of the thing!

spaceThe blonde was almost grateful when his cousin was recognized, though he immediately regretted the relief when he saw the way James' chest puffed out in pride. He loved it when people knew who he was, the bloody prat. It was almost enough to make Vince wish he'd known the guy back when his relationship with Lyre was fresh. From what he'd heard tell, the guy had been significantly less into the public spotlight at the time, since he ran a good risk of getting harassed by women who were trying to steal him away from her. But, their marriage was old news now, and that had petered off significantly. Besides, Vince wouldn't really wish that sort of behavior on Lyre. It sounded like a pain in the arse.

space"Seeker and captain," James said, emphasizing his position as captain. Ugh, we get it, Vince thought, you're good and a big deal. Bloody hell. Hopefully the guy left it at that instead of going on some tirade about how good they were doing-

space"We just recruited a new chaser out of Hogwarts, I'm looking forward to the next season." Vince had to fight not to facepalm. "She really tore into it first game of the season last year. I was impressed. Still working on getting her through official channels, but once she's cleared, I'm looking forward to training and playing with her."

space"At least he's bragging about his new recruit and not himself," the blonde snorted, just loud enough for Daniel to hear. Meanwhile, when Mrs. Jacobs informed James that the Hufflepuff didn't play, Vince found himself wishing he could set his cousin on fire before he had a chance to get all judgemental about Daniel not playing.

space"Well, nothing wrong with that," James said good-naturedly, and Vince found himself doing a double-take. "You're doing better than Vince, I'd wager. Some of those plants take a lot of wrangling. Lyre's best friend, she teaches Potions at the school but plants are her 'thing', I guess, and the woman's tough as nails. She's got a Whomping Willow in her back yard."

spaceThe concept of tiny Professor Whitethorne being 'tough as nails' was sort of hard to buy, all things considered. She was just as much of wisp as Lyre, after all. But, then, Vince had never actually met the woman, just knew her from Lyre telling him who to look for 'if he needed anything'. The idea of her wrangling a Whomping Willow seemed impossible.

space"You should drag Vince out to the greenhouses with you," James said cheerfully. "Get him outside to soak up some Vitamin D."

spaceVince glared again.
                                                          "Stop talking about how pale I am," he hissed, but James ignored it.

space"Maybe you two should take up some non-Quidditch sort of exercise together," the seeker suggested. "Go jogging around the castle. It'd be good for you." Vince wished the ground would swallow James up. Why was he on about this so much lately? He could barely bite back the urge to tell the man 'you're not my dad.' Of course, he'd be ignored if he said so anyway, so what was the point?

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          Open for interaction

oyehh

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games