Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Númenórë - A LOTR Community
Eambar: Off-Topic Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:23 pm
imyavie
Negotiation is your friend in times like this, Onoj. Try your best to return it tomorrow and if thats not possible, try on the 26th. (I'm not sure if Americans call it Boxing Day or not so, yeah...)

They don't... 'tis just a tradition in Britain, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

100th page! yay! whee  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:27 pm
scream Curses! I was so close!

....well, not really... sweatdrop  

Imyavie

Kementari

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:27 pm
Longbow UK
imyavie
Negotiation is your friend in times like this, Onoj. Try your best to return it tomorrow and if thats not possible, try on the 26th. (I'm not sure if Americans call it Boxing Day or not so, yeah...)

They don't... 'tis just a tradition in Britain, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

100th page! yay! whee

Yay.

Why is it called Boxing Day?
Ian McKellan was on Conan the other night and explained it was because the boxes are taken away or something.

I assume Ian would know and not tell a hokey story, but maybe he did to humour Conan.

[edit] Longbow, your mask scares me.
Okay not really, but I wanted to make note of the change. You look complete now.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:30 pm
Quote:

This'll explain.  

Khorkalba

Kementari

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:34 pm
Longbow UK
Quote:

This'll explain.

Ah thank you, now I can tell people who do not know, and they will be amazed by my genious.
Of course I will give credit to Longbow as he helped me.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:07 pm
Yeah I am going to go probably sunday or sometime next week. It has a thirty day return policy I think so I am fine.

Also I am caroling and I want a full set but as of right now I am lacking Leon, Ruby, Vanessa, and...the bank lady. I have an extra Moira, Edmund and Ian. Anyone interested in a trade?  

Onoj

Nimbrethil

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:10 pm
Kementari
Ah thank you, now I can tell people who do not know, and they will be amazed by my genious.

How ironic. sweatdrop

But yes, good information to know.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:18 pm
Nimbrethil
Kementari

How ironic. sweatdrop

But yes, good information to know.

Yeah I found that quite odd and amusing as well.  

Onoj

Zach McClure

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:23 pm
100 pages!

And--Good King Wenscalslas suddenly makes that much more sense to me. I was wondering why a king would go out and feed a poor guy, then I learned that St. Stephan's day is Boxing Day. It's all clear to me, thanks Longbow!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:25 pm
1 day, 1 hour and 35 minutes until Christmas day.

Must go caroling more. I have two gifts!  

Caeleste

Elainya

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:30 pm
((Is caroling with two characters at once a bad thing? Oh well...)) I'm looking forward to most of Chirstmas, but my mom's being a bit...offsetting. Usually we celebrate on the 24th, but this year it's the 26th. I don't know, honestly, but whatever.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:31 pm
Akiyo
1 day, 1 hour and 35 minutes until Christmas day.

Must go caroling more. I have two gifts!

It's only about 21 hours away, here. whee  

Khorkalba

Onoj

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:47 pm
Lalala. I am opening up the question if anyone wants to trade? I just got a ruby gift so now I need a Vanessa, a Leon, and a bank lady gift. I have an extra Moira, Edmund, and Ian.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:29 pm
I don't have any extras of anything. I'm getting a full set and that's it. If I have more time before I leave tomorrow I might get some extras.  

Elainya

Onoj

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:43 pm
I am one present, and one carol away from getting a full set. Is Zach back yet or are you still controlling his Avatar Elainya? If so I Pmd him.  
Númenórë - A LOTR Community

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games