Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10105 10106 10107 10108 10109 10110 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

The Betgirl

Quotable Genius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:51 pm

Regulust
Regulus is the owner of his own copy of Rock Band 2!
360? o-o
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:52 pm

Betman
Regulust
360? o-o

Yes.

And no i don't have Live.

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:53 pm

Betman
Regulust
360? o-o
I was playing Peace Sells on Expert and I beat it.

Of course I was at Wal-Mart and there was no foot petal.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:55 pm

Regulust
Betman
Regulust
360? o-o

Yes.

And no i don't have Live.
gonk Get it!

@Kath: homg.

The Betgirl

Quotable Genius

Tonberry Crunch

7,300 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:55 pm

Kathulu93
Betman
Regulust
360? o-o

I BEATS IT ON GEETAR...And Painkiller.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:56 pm

Tonberry Crunch
Kathulu93
Betman
Regulust
360? o-o

I BEATS IT ON GEETAR...And Painkiller.
Me too.

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:59 pm

Betman
Zephyrkitty
Betman
Zephyrkitty
Betman
Kathulu93
Vote no on Proposal 2.
3nodding

I know Props 4 and 8, but what's Prop 2?
Prop 2 would allow minors to get abortions without parental consent.

YEAH NO

I disagree. There are teenagers who, for various reasons, cannot tell their parents that they are pregnant. Requiring parental consent could put them in danger.

I also have an issue with not allowing people to vote on things that affect them directly, but that's another matter.

in b4 abortion argument
Wait, what reasons? o-o This may change my mind. Everyone's biased on this issue, I guess.

Religion makes some people do pretty crazy things. Considering that, parents disowning/abusing/killing their daughter when they find out she's pregnant doesn't seem nearly as farfetched. There are also plenty of stories floating around of parents forcing their pregnant daughter to either have the baby or have an abortion. A pregnancy resulting from rape by a close relative wouldn't be well-recieved, either.

Before someone responds with 'she shouldn't have had sex', remember that this is in America, where we have abstinence education. Teenagers come up with really crazy ideas of how one can and cannot get pregnant/prevent pregnancy when they're only told not to have sex until they're married, and even what counts as sex.

My thought on the issue personally is that a girl who won't tell her parents that she's getting an abortion probably has a legitimate reason to feel that her parents cannot know. I don't know what all of those reasons are, but I feel it is better to trust the girl's judgment in these cases, myself.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:01 pm

Zephyrkitty
Betman
Zephyrkitty
Betman
Zephyrkitty

YEAH NO

I disagree. There are teenagers who, for various reasons, cannot tell their parents that they are pregnant. Requiring parental consent could put them in danger.

I also have an issue with not allowing people to vote on things that affect them directly, but that's another matter.

in b4 abortion argument
Wait, what reasons? o-o This may change my mind. Everyone's biased on this issue, I guess.

Religion makes some people do pretty crazy things. Considering that, parents disowning/abusing/killing their daughter when they find out she's pregnant doesn't seem nearly as farfetched. There are also plenty of stories floating around of parents forcing their pregnant daughter to either have the baby or have an abortion. A pregnancy resulting from rape by a close relative wouldn't be well-recieved, either.

Before someone responds with 'she shouldn't have had sex', remember that this is in America, where we have abstinence education. Teenagers come up with really crazy ideas of how one can and cannot get pregnant/prevent pregnancy when they're only told not to have sex until they're married, and even what counts as sex.

My thought on the issue personally is that a girl who won't tell her parents that she's getting an abortion probably has a legitimate reason to feel that her parents cannot know. I don't know what all of those reasons are, but I feel it is better to trust the girl's judgment in these cases, myself.
That makes sense. o-o Hm. I dunno. =o

The Betgirl

Quotable Genius

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:02 pm

I'm so bored.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:06 pm

Zephyrkitty
Betman
Zephyrkitty
Betman
Zephyrkitty

YEAH NO

in b4 abortion argument

No matter what I think any life is better than death. I cant really argue beyond my opinion of what I stated earlier, its mostly just anyone who got themselves pregnant, not rape.

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:12 pm

Kathulu93
Zephyrkitty
Betman
Zephyrkitty
Betman
Zephyrkitty

YEAH NO

in b4 abortion argument

No matter what I think any life is better than death. I cant really argue beyond my opinion of what I stated earlier, its mostly just anyone who got themselves pregnant, not rape.

The parental consent laws, to the best of my knowledge, don't include a rape exception. If that's not the case, please tell me.

I do have to ask though. If you view the girls as being irresponsible and getting themselves pregnant, why are you trusting them to be responsible with a child?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:13 pm

With my knowledge of foster care, what's the ratio of those adopted to those in care? How long do kids sit in foster care? Once you hit a certain age, you really aren't going to find a home, if the knowledge I have is right...

The Betgirl

Quotable Genius

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:18 pm

For the record, I think anyone who believes abortion should be banned is a retard.

As for the minor's subject, I wouldn't vote for it. If a minor got pregnant by an accident, they would have to rely on their parents decision to have that abortion. Having a kid at that age can ruin the kid, teen, and parent's lives. It should be in the teenager's decision to do it. IMO
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:38 pm

in after abortion fight

The Betgirl

Quotable Genius

TooHyphy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:38 pm

Moving away from the arguement debate for a minute or so...
Dammit, it's hard not having the compy. >_>
I'm on my dad's again. We might have found a different reason it died.
I told my brother about it (being the awesome that he is) and he said it happened to his boss and my mom's friend. They got their computers fixed. It turned out to be a corrupted service pack 3 for XP.
...That it read as spyware somehow. >_>
All the data on the HD is just fine, but we're taking some things off of it that we need in case we have to wipe it. I just need mah MOTHAFREE. And...the other games. >_>

Also, they had RB2 on display at Walmart today in the...clothing...of all places.
They had 2 guitars and a drumset, but nothing on the screen. The guitar was on. I looked under the stand, and the PS3 was there, on, plugged in, blawble. I checked the channel, it was on the right one. Went to the back, tried to eject the disc...
And there was no disc. Either someone stole it or they didn't put it in. xd
I love the new guitar, though. It's ******** awesome. biggrin
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10105 10106 10107 10108 10109 10110 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games