Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~::Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 FES - The Golden::~*

Back to Guilds

The final chapter in the Persona 4, FES, and Golden - RP Guild Trilogy! No prior knowledge necessary! 

Tags: Persona 4, Megami Tensei, Roleplay, Persona 3, Persona 5 

Reply *~::Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 FES - The Golden::~*
::Out-of-Character Forum:: Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 ... 2476 2477 2478 2479 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

UndeadOpera

Fashionable Gekko

7,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:25 am
Hey, so far the only Shin Megami Tensei games I've fully played have been apart of the Persona series, 1, 3 and 4 to be exact. I've got the digital version of 2 on my vita, just haven't had time to play it yet really, I got sucked into Telltale's Walking Dead, finished it yesterday haha. I used to remember watching my older bro play digital devil, but I can't really remember what was going on.
Anyway, could someone tell me about some of the factions and stuff that are from the other MegaTen games? I'd appreciate it a lot ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:06 am
SMT (The main series): In every game, the world ends for some reason. Then the hero has to salvage what they can, and sometimes remake the world entirely, in his own image.

What we use: Shin Megami Tensei 3 is about the Demi-Fiend, a human turned demon, who survives the apocalypse. He's given the duty to make a new world, and is allowed to alter humanity as he sees fit. Depending on how you choose, you can even return things to how they were.

Er, anyways we have the Demi-Fiend. None of that story is involved, like, at all. The Demi-Fiend is, like, the strongest anything in any Shin Megami Tensei game. He doesn't do like anything around here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Digital Devil Saga: The main group, known as the Embryon, are stuck in a world called 'Purgatory' fighting other groups. One day, they're all infected with a virus that turns them into unique demons. The demons are person-specific (like Serph, the main character, becomes Varuna). They set out to learn why, and the game heavily revolves around Reincarnation. Also the Demi-Fiend is an optional boss, and the hardest boss in video gaming history. That's right, you're fighting the SMT:3 hero as an enemy.

What we use: We have Atma Users/the Embryon. There's no demon virus flying around infecting people. Instead, they're born with 'inner demons', which give them power. They're like police...only for super powers. >_>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Devil Summoner: A series of games about Devil Summoners, humans with spirit power who are trained by the government to combat Demons, and protect Japan. The most popular branch is about Raidou Kuzunoha XIV, a 1920s detective who solves both real life and Demon cases, saves humanity a few times, and just generally battles demons while still being human like a BOSS.

What we use: Pretty much all of it. The Devil Summoners (also known as Yatagarasu) are like spies, they lay low, defeat demons, and try to make sure it stays secret. They (and anything with Demons) get a different storyline branch than any Persona User storylines. Still, it's all in the same world, so a Summoner and Persona User could totally have coffee together. Also, due to the time, our Raidou/etc. are descendents/rookies.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Devil Survivor: A game in which (depending on which one you play) either the Demon Lords of Hell are fighting to determine the new lord, and the earth is going to be destroyed unless you beat them all and take away their power, or a game where alien thingies want to unexist the world and start with a blank slate, and demons are your only chance to stop them.

What we use: The Demon Summoning App on phones. If you have absolutely no other powers, you can use this to summon a demon to protect you. It's just a stop gap or a stepping stone; has no storyline and is not plot relevant.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Persona 1: Nyarlathotep's an a*****e.

What we use: See above.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Persona 2: Nyarlathotep's an a*****e.

What we use: See above. Also, Sumaru City is a location in the guild. It's not really involved with the story, but it exists, and we hold a few, rare events there. >_> We like to give shout-outs to the games, after all.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Persona 3: Bunch of kids trying to stop Strega from summoning Nyx, and destroying humanity.

What we use: All of it. Since it and Persona 4 really ARE in the same universe, this one was easy. BUT, these Persona 3 users have their own storyline.

Persona 4: The eponymous game.

What we use: Uh...yeah.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Other Groups:

Shadow Messengers/Messiahs: Two groups vying for control of the TV world. Our guild's main antagonists. Completely original.

Lin Kuei: A leftover from a story, they are semi-immortal assassins. They serve almost no purpose, whatsoever.

Orochi: The antithesis to the Devil Summoners in this guild, they are also Summoners. Involved in the Demon Storyline. (As opposed to the Persona storyline)

The Mori: Uh...bit of a leap here. Basically, someone (whistles innocently) went and destroyed the government in this guild. The Mori replaced the Prime Minister so the government is business as usual, but basically they're your standard evil government. They sell positions, do lots of back-alley deals and make bribes on the side...that sort of thing. They also kind-of control the Embryon and Devil Summoners, but that's not really true. It's more like a big internal brawl for power. You probably won't need to worry about it.

Devil Kings: A small, especially strong group of Embryon. They don't take to authority well.

Avengers & Lucifer's Army: One is trying to take over the world, the other is trying to stop that. You can take guesses as to who's who. Both simply important to the Demon Storyline.

Loki: This Norse God can do whatever he wants. I think we all just kind of agreed he's awesome, and so he has become that. v.v b Not really a faction, so much as he and his children from mythology can pop up to do whatever they feel like.

Normies: You don't have to obtain a power right away and get involved in the super battles at all. You can also just kind of be a bystander, acting as a Social Link, or waiting until events sweep you up...you'd be surprised how far some people go without ever obtaining a power. Of course, you miss out on the best things that happen, as a result.  

Great Ryoman!
Crew

Zorc James
Crew

Loyal Friend

11,050 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:58 am
Join Kensu!
Join the Five Bloods!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:16 am
Join the Yatagarasu! =D They're actually decent people. Who want to see the world being better off by the time they're done.  

Rednal
Crew

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

stickdude

Generous Informer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:24 am
Beh. o wo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:29 am
*Nomnomnom* ^^

I do hope Persona 5 comes out soon, though. >.< Want.

In the meantime, I'll just occupy myself with all the other interesting games coming out, like Tales of Xillia. *Nodnod*  

Rednal
Crew

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

stickdude

Generous Informer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:33 am
We're still yet to get P4 Arena... -_-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:36 am
...Ask NISA? o wo

Has it been released anywhere in Europe?  

Rednal
Crew

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

stickdude

Generous Informer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:42 am
It will be in the next 2 months. As to why it took them so goddamn long to officially release it over here, I don't have the slightest damn clue.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:46 am
*Le shrug*

Europe has lots of little legal areas. Can be time-consuming to do everything for all of them.  

Rednal
Crew

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

stickdude

Generous Informer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:48 am
The same thing happened with Blazblue: Calamity Trigger. Of course that took pretty much a whole year before it went beyond the U.S and Japan...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:57 am
They do tend to focus on the more primary markets, yes. ^^; All publishers have their own reasons for doing things... but hey, at times, EU/AUS actually beats NA for stuff getting released... so then we get to be the ones to groan and suffer. rofl  

Rednal
Crew

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

stickdude

Generous Informer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:02 am
Yeah, but that hasn't happened nearly as often. XD

Also, link

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:05 am
I never really got into the game. rofl Probably 'cuz my computer's a little on the old side, but...  

Rednal
Crew

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

stickdude

Generous Informer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:07 am
PC port was half-assed. Even if you have a good rig, you'll still have frame rate trouble without mod fixes. o wo

*~::Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 FES - The Golden::~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 ... 2476 2477 2478 2479 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games