Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
Cult RPG. New ******** update@@@@@@==== ((page 118)) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 124 125 126 127 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mephisto D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:26 pm
Regulust
Mephisto D

I thought a cool level design for a final boss or a cool demon like boss would be when you enter the throne room of the boss, you walk along a long narrow pathway surrounded by lava that eventually leads to a long circle platform where the throne/boss is.

Something like this:
User Image

or even something like this:
User Image

Now, this is obviously a simple demonstration of the design, but I'm pretty sure that you could pull something off.

Also, I suggest that this be the music of said level:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c92ah7Wb3hU

The soft part at the beginning could be played as you enter the room and talk to the boss character, then the heavy part could kick in during the actual fight. That'd be pretty cool.

I don't think that would be a good idea, no offense...but hasn't the "walk down a small path surrounded by lava to the final boss" been overused?

I haven't seen it in too many RPGs actually, though usually when it is, it's inside a volcano or something, not a castle.

EDIT:
And even if it is, having cliche levels always worked in old school side scrollers, I think it could work here.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:32 pm
Possible level Idea: Inside a woman's clothing shop >.>" like have a battle or something in there for the lulz or something >.< IDK I thought some awkward place to do battle in would be funny...  

Cattra Nightblade

Owwin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:34 pm
I know in RPG maker you can activate bosses by talking to them or with a panel event. Show of hands, when you get to activate a boss by examining them who walks behind the boss or to the side? I know I do it most of the time. I think you should put a panel event behind one of the bosses. If anybody tries to come up behind him it should be like "NOT SO FAST! Think you can sneak up on me?" 1k damage before the battle even starts unless you go after him face to face. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:37 pm
Mephisto D
Regulust
Mephisto D

I thought a cool level design for a final boss or a cool demon like boss would be when you enter the throne room of the boss, you walk along a long narrow pathway surrounded by lava that eventually leads to a long circle platform where the throne/boss is.

Something like this:
User Image

User Image

Now, this is obviously a simple demonstration of the design, but I'm pretty sure that you could pull something off.

The soft part at the beginning could be played as you enter the room and talk to the boss character, then the heavy part could kick in during the actual fight. That'd be pretty cool.

I don't think that would be a good idea, no offense...but hasn't the "walk down a small path surrounded by lava to the final boss" been overused?

I haven't seen it in too many RPGs actually, though usually when it is, it's inside a volcano or something, not a castle.

EDIT:
And even if it is, having cliche levels always worked in old school side scrollers, I think it could work here.

Yeah you're probably right.  

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:38 pm
Cattra Nightblade
Possible level Idea: Inside a woman's clothing shop >.>" like have a battle or something in there for the lulz or something >.< IDK I thought some awkward place to do battle in would be funny...

You want awkward? Gay harem. Case closed.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:40 pm
Wantcookie
Cattra Nightblade

That'd be disturbing...not awkward.  

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

Owwin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:41 pm
Wantcookie
Cattra Nightblade

Hey, think of the rest of us! I don't wanna see that. I like boobies. sad  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:44 pm
Owwin
Wantcookie
Cattra Nightblade

*eyebrow raise*
In pixelized chibi form, you're not going to see anything, trust me.
And the characters should never actually state what it is, and get cut off every time they try to.  

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Cattra Nightblade

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:06 pm
Wantcookie
Owwin
Wantcookie
Cattra Nightblade

*eyebrow raise*
In pixelized chibi form, you're not going to see anything, trust me.
And the characters should never actually state what it is, and get cut off every time they try to.

lol, that would be great XD  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:14 pm
Regulust
Mephisto D
Regulust
Mephisto D

EDIT:

Yeah you're probably right.
But they weren't cliche back then. They were kinda new weren't they?  

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Denko

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:37 am
You guys have kinda bland ideas.
I guess that's why I'm the one making the game. XD
Some are good though, I'll keep them in mind.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:21 am
Regulust
Mephisto D

Something like this:
User Image

User Image

Not if it was shaped like a p***s.  

Orphie

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:26 am
You walk into one of bosses room you have to kill and he is having hardcore gay sex.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:30 am
I agree with how there should be a town representing the spam can, and it should be filled to the brim with people who have pointless quests. Like, EVERYONE should have a pointless quest.  

Orphie

The Awkwardest Turtle

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:17 am
Orphie
I agree with how there should be a town representing the spam can, and it should be filled to the brim with people who have pointless quests. Like, EVERYONE should have a pointless quest.

OH HEY.

There could be a town based on the Wi-Fi subforum and it could have NOBODY in it. At all.  
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 124 125 126 127 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games