Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Confession box. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 113 114 115 116 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tokioka

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:38 pm
Play the didgeridoo? Pweeeeaaase? n_n  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:55 pm
Pfft. As if any ordinary white or Asian Australian knows how to play the digderidoo. rolleyes Only the sub-human Abbos can play them and we hardly ever see such rare creatures in the city. Except in protest camps.  

Minielf

Tokioka

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:00 pm
Sub-human? That's a bit harsh isn't it? stare  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:20 pm
It's not our fault they've become sub-human. Blame the original colonizers of Australia.  

Minielf

Kodocha579

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:15 pm
Minielf
Niphredil Ithilmir
Niph ish PMSing too.. weird.. ninja

@'elfy - eek I'm currently wearing a T-shirt saying "Bliar" across it.. (un)canny.. ninja

@Toki - Well, it was 'elfy who mentioned oversized boots first. stare

See, Bliar's just as hated by you Brits as Howard is by us Aussies, perhaps even more so. Whilst Howard admittedly is simply stupidly folliwing Bush's orders, Bliar is more evil and deviant. blaugh

And it was Toki who first mentioned the idea of oversized boots. Geez, whatever made Americans think that's a part of our Aussie culture? rolleyes

what the hell are you putting on Americans now?

.::~SNOW~::.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:13 pm
Minielf
It's not our fault they've become sub-human. Blame the original colonizers of Australia.
Well it's not like they've become savages who eat human flesh. They're still the same as you and me deep down. 3nodding

And you'd best make yourself scarce, looks like you've upset the missus. lol  

Tokioka

xiiao-ai

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:44 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. | If I had a star for everytime you made me happy.. |

Hey Mini..

You know,

There are Aboriginal people who come to schools to put on musical performances.

They make you act like kangaroos and such.

=="

Anyway.

They play the digeridoo.

And tell how you how to make fire using sticks.

ninja

Oh oh.

And they get paid to do it.

xD

| I`d be holding the galaxy in my hand. | User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:41 am
I'll trade you an abbo, for an asbo. razz  

Tokioka

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:51 am
Tokioka

rofl heart

Good one~

@'elfy - Sub-human? >__>;; -bashes repeatedly-

Oh wait, was that one of your so-called 'jokes'? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:34 pm
I don't really have anything to confess....  

forgotten_ninja

Tokioka

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:41 pm
Niphredil Ithilmir
Tokioka

rofl heart

Good one~

@'elfy - Sub-human? >__>;; -bashes repeatedly-

Oh wait, was that one of your so-called 'jokes'? sweatdrop
Yeh that was for us UKians. xD

Mini's jokes are trés offensive. ¬_¬

@forgotten_ninja: That's what they all say. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:31 pm
Tokioka
Minielf
Well it's not like they've become savages who eat human flesh. They're still the same as you and me deep down. 3nodding

Hey, it wasn't my idea to call Aborigines sub-human. The white ruling class here, and even the government have been folliowing the line that Aborigines are nothing but noble savages that either must be segregated or civilized for a hundred years at least. I know there are a lot of aborigines who are quite civilized and quite skilled at arts, both in playing the didgeridoo and in writing. I personally know a famous Aboriginal activist.

But travel right into the outback desert and try and find aborigines who still live in native reserves and you will see that they still mostly liive as promitive stone-age peeple do. 3nodding

Snow: Sorry I wasn't intending to diss Americans. I was just questioning how Americans view Australian culture. It's the truth that people who don't live in Australia have no comprehending of what Australia is like.  

Minielf

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:37 am
Just because someone else used the term first doesn't mean it's okay for you to use it. It's like murdering someone and saying "but I wasn't the first person in the world to murder someone!".. stare  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:04 pm
Minielf
Tokioka
Minielf

Hey, it wasn't my idea to call Aborigines sub-human. The white ruling class here, and even the government have been folliowing the line that Aborigines are nothing but noble savages that either must be segregated or civilized for a hundred years at least. I know there are a lot of aborigines who are quite civilized and quite skilled at arts, both in playing the didgeridoo and in writing. I personally know a famous Aboriginal activist.

But travel right into the outback desert and try and find aborigines who still live in native reserves and you will see that they still mostly liive as promitive stone-age peeple do. 3nodding

Snow: Sorry I wasn't intending to diss Americans. I was just questioning how Americans view Australian culture. It's the truth that people who don't live in Australia have no comprehending of what Australia is like.

yea but you still dissed americans. why americans? why not brits. tokis the one whos making stereotypes not me. and im the american not him. goshes.  

Kodocha579

Minielf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:25 pm
Kodocha579
Minielf
Tokioka
Minielf

yea but you still dissed americans. why americans? why not brits. tokis the one whos making stereotypes not me. and im the american not him. goshes.

Sorry Snow, but the stereotype Toki used of Australians does come from America, and if you hadn't noticed, I did also aimed a slur at Toki for thinking that me and Sin could play the didgeridoo.

Niph: Fine, I accept the fact that calling the aborigines sub-human isn't very nice. But when you live in a society that's mistreated, exploited and almost wiped out its native inhabitants, and then indoctrinates immigrants like me in the majority view about these native inhabitants, wouldn't you expect to end up sharing the same opinions?
Honestly, I think deep down most of the aborigines wish they were still living the primitive uncivilized life they had before colonization. At least they wouldn't have to experience the worst features of modern society all at once.  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 113 114 115 116 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games