Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Pansa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:31 pm

Galdrea
krome_devil
ninja i don't think anoyone will catch the double plot twist in there. XD I'm just that damn good! *is in a VERY self congradulatory mood today* But everyone will loook back later when other plot twists happen and go... OHHHH..... DUH! THAT'S What that means!
nyahnyah! i KNOW the doubletwist, and I'm not telling!

*In sing-song voice* I'll never tell!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:07 pm

Pansa
Galdrea
krome_devil
ninja i don't think anoyone will catch the double plot twist in there. XD I'm just that damn good! *is in a VERY self congradulatory mood today* But everyone will loook back later when other plot twists happen and go... OHHHH..... DUH! THAT'S What that means!
nyahnyah! i KNOW the doubletwist, and I'm not telling!

*In sing-song voice* I'll never tell!
Lol. ^^

Kikiama

Kikiama

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:09 pm

Yoder
*swallows, stares, then blinks a few times while magically chibified*

*huggles*
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:45 pm

*looks at Xeroxer in complete dumbfoundment*We're in class?............... and I being the slow person that I am do not know of any plot twists because I don't know anybody yet! mrgreen btw I've had like 3 soda's today so yeup! *promptly beings bouncing off the walls* What is the ultimate question of life? 6*7? 40+2?... who knows! ^^

Rinel_Underwood

350 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Aisling Fallenfeather

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:58 pm

On October 6th, I will officially have been on gaia for 1 year!! Thats also the day I joined the RPR ninja

Creepy, ne?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:10 pm

Congrats and no that's not creepy.... then again people have said I'm addicted to gaia. My other account Calli Sorfire's been on almost a year and a half now even though my mom banned me from the site a year ago ^^.

Rinel_Underwood

350 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Aisling Fallenfeather

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:14 pm

Rin_Underwood
Congrats and no that's not creepy.... then again people have said I'm addicted to gaia. My other account Calli Sorfire's been on almost a year and a half now even though my mom banned me from the site a year ago ^^.

Gaia is my 2nd life... lol Now that I think about it...

Music is my main life, second is RPing/Gaia,Third is Art....

rofl
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:29 pm

Aisling Fallenfeather
Rin_Underwood

Gaia is my 2nd life... lol Now that I think about it...

Music is my main life, second is RPing/Gaia,Third is Art....

rofl
Writing is my main life so gaia really is kinda as well but then it's tennis then karate then art or music. ^^

Rinel_Underwood

350 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Voter 0

krome_devil

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:54 pm

Okay. It's official. I know a couple people have heard rumors cause i've mentioned thinking about it, but the ball finally started rolling. I'm starting another roleplay. I know most of you probably won't care, but to those of you who do, i'm just letting you know.

This will be far more ambitious than my last roleplay. Why you ask? How could it be more ambitious than Galvan?
Lots of reasons. First, it's going to be a more adventure story. Second it's going to be more difficult to roleplay. And thirdly it's going to be structured far more than galvan as far as set up and characters, but the scene, and your choices are going to be WAY MORE up to you.
Change something that made galvan work so well? Am I off my rocker? Probably, but you should all know that by now.

You want some more specifics? Sure. No problem. I'm not giving the story away quite yet, but some of the structure i will.
First off it's going to be in a futuristic setting, (flying cars and the like, those of you who've seen batman beyond, think about 40 years past that) Those of you who were old enough to read marvel comic's 2099 series (X-men 2099, Punisher 2099, Doom 2099, spider-man 2099, Hulk 2099, and Ravage 2099) That is the type of world this is going to be set in.

Secondly it's going to be a conflict/war/adventure story. There is going to be two sides. The good guys and the bad guys. Here's 2 of the kickers. First off the good guys MIGHT NOT WIN! Secondly, you DON'T get to definitively decide whether you're good or evil. When you submit your character you will make your case to be on one side or the other, then my partner and I will decide which side to put you on. That decision will depend on two things, your persuasiveness in convincing us which side you should be on, AND the need to keep the roleplay balanced. Once we decide, you'll have to play that side. Though yes you can be convinced to cross over to the otherside via playing, i don't want it to be an easy thing.

Why am i doing that? Won't that scare players away? Probably. But good roleplayers will be able to handle playing an evil or good character.

Third, it's going to involve technology, AND magic. So be prepared!

Fourth, after you submit your character I'm going to sit down and make it on a character sheet. Using the system i've decided to use for this, though generally the system will only become important in combat.

What is the system? Some of you are familiar with it. I know Talon is. The Big Eyes Small Mouth, (BESM) system. BESM was designed for anime but is very flexible and applicable to this roleplay. And the fact that Gaia Guild Network now has the ability to roll dice even makes it better.

Those of you who aren't familiar with it. here.
http://www.jamesfamily.com/jeff/BESM/big_eyes_small_mouth.htm

That's a basic page for it. Here's the specific link you'll want to read in starting it.
http://www.jamesfamily.com/jeff/BESM/BESM-walkthrough.htm

Why am i doing all this you ask? Why would anyone want to join a roleplay that requires so much WORK to join? Because i want to see if it can be done. It's an ambitious roleplay and maybe i'm doomed to failure. Maybe not. We'll see.

It should be noted that i'm only about half way through creation of the roleplay. So any of this is subject to change and i may decide just to scrap the whole system thing. I'm not sure. BUt for now i'm going to try it.

Now that i've probably scared off each and every one of you from playing, I'm going back to work on it some more with the AMAZING AWESOMENESS of the LADY PANSA PSYCHOTIC PARNTER OF DOOOOOOOOOOM who TOTALLY RAWKS!.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:00 pm

*Giggles madly*

It's going to be lots of fun. (How do I know? Because I said so! Arg!)

And if you keep talking about me like that Mel, my ego's going to inflate to gigantic proportions and won't be able to fit thought doors...which as it would force me to be on the computer more often, might, in fact, be your dastardly plan!

...Oh dear, I think I need sleep.

Pansa

Xeroxer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:55 am

I need help getting a good costume for my Roleplay character =__="

I got baos - swishes in the wind - Tee Hee, makes me giddy in my pants domokun

Busy rolling dices to get 500 and get a free Jacked up t-shirt whee

Oh, the help with my character, don't be afraid to help me ^^
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:15 am

Any that require assistance with BESM rules or attributes, feel free to ask and I will gladly assist.

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Kira-Yamato-san

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:25 am

Merlinic Matrices
*Pokes the future roleplay listing thingy* Are da summaries going to be written by the thread leaders or the guild leaders? (Having a complete one would be really nice, I must say...)

It will be written by people outside the RP and what they see it as, since the thread will be for people looking for RPs....therefore the Crew and I will be Reviewers...
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:36 am

krome_devil
What is the system? Some of you are familiar with it. I know Talon is. The Big Eyes Small Mouth, (BESM) system. BESM was designed for anime but is very flexible and applicable to this roleplay. And the fact that Gaia Guild Network now has the ability to roll dice even makes it better.

Those of you who aren't familiar with it. here.
http://www.jamesfamily.com/jeff/BESM/big_eyes_small_mouth.htm

That's a basic page for it. Here's the specific link you'll want to read in starting it.
http://www.jamesfamily.com/jeff/BESM/BESM-walkthrough.htm

Why am i doing all this you ask? Why would anyone want to join a roleplay that requires so much WORK to join? Because i want to see if it can be done. It's an ambitious roleplay and maybe i'm doomed to failure. Maybe not. We'll see.
Quote:

This is crazy!!..... eek ...it's a wonderful idea...you can't expect everyone to get it right the first time.... confused

Kira-Yamato-san

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:52 am

Of course not, Sama-san. That is why she and I are here to help. cool To be honest, I have considered remaking my Guardians RP using BESM as well. ninja
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games