Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
Cult RPG. New ******** update@@@@@@==== ((page 118)) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 124 125 126 127 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:31 am
Owwin
I know in RPG maker you can activate bosses by talking to them or with a panel event. Show of hands, when you get to activate a boss by examining them who walks behind the boss or to the side? I know I do it most of the time. I think you should put a panel event behind one of the bosses. If anybody tries to come up behind him it should be like "NOT SO FAST! Think you can sneak up on me?" 1k damage before the battle even starts unless you go after him face to face. xd

Whoa, why didn't I see this before? This is awesome. I would totally fall for that.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:27 pm
Wantcookie
Owwin
I know in RPG maker you can activate bosses by talking to them or with a panel event. Show of hands, when you get to activate a boss by examining them who walks behind the boss or to the side? I know I do it most of the time. I think you should put a panel event behind one of the bosses. If anybody tries to come up behind him it should be like "NOT SO FAST! Think you can sneak up on me?" 1k damage before the battle even starts unless you go after him face to face. xd

Whoa, why didn't I see this before? This is awesome. I would totally fall for that.

If Rom's a boss,
"Lol, u try buttsecks? Dats my job b***h D<"  

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Allegro

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:41 pm
I think you already got my idea about the Doucheblade, Denko, so I won't go mentioning that one.

I've always been intrigued by the notion of a boss fight where, during mid-fight dialogue, you realize one of your current party members is the real villain, and then, without leaving the battle screen, you switch sides and have to fight with the enemy you wounded against an ally you have loaded up with powerful equipment.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:43 pm
Idea for a sword. Wiimote d***o blade. "Dat Wii? Dat Wii's a dil-DO!"  

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:01 pm
auS-e-Dude
Wantcookie
Owwin

If Rom's a boss,

Definitely.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:09 pm
Regulust
auS-e-Dude
Wantcookie
Owwin

If Rom's a boss,

Definitely.
YOU GUYS ARE RUINING MY TRAP! SHUT UP!

I got it. We need some things.

1. Special currency earned by beating enemies in special ways, completing challenges, and other crap like that. The currency can be used at a black market style place for special items and pieces of everybody's legendary weapons. If the shopkeeper isn't an old dude in a basket hat, sunglasses and a bathrobe you can't have the idea.

B. A dungeon, temple, castle, forest, or something that is filled with never ending stairs, lost woods style puzzles, invisible walls and trap floor panels. Gotta have a dungeon that is more than just getting keys and backtracking.

III. It will take a lot of sprite work, but a room that is a bridge to the head of the boss. The pit underneath is the rest of the boss sprite. Would look really kick a** approaching him.

4. Boss Endurance/ Pit of trials.  

Owwin

Orphie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:03 pm
Akward Turtle
Orphie
I agree with how there should be a town representing the spam can, and it should be filled to the brim with people who have pointless quests. Like, EVERYONE should have a pointless quest.

OH HEY.

There could be a town based on the Wi-Fi subforum and it could have NOBODY in it. At all.
I was gonna say that. I even called it WaiFai. lulz.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:09 am
This needs to be incorporated somehow. It's just begging to be used.  

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Denko

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:07 am
Owwin
Regulust
auS-e-Dude
Wantcookie
Owwin

If Rom's a boss,

Definitely.
YOU GUYS ARE RUINING MY TRAP! SHUT UP!

I got it. We need some things.

1. Special currency earned by beating enemies in special ways, completing challenges, and other crap like that. The currency can be used at a black market style place for special items and pieces of everybody's legendary weapons. If the shopkeeper isn't an old dude in a basket hat, sunglasses and a bathrobe you can't have the idea.

B. A dungeon, temple, castle, forest, or something that is filled with never ending stairs, lost woods style puzzles, invisible walls and trap floor panels. Gotta have a dungeon that is more than just getting keys and backtracking.

III. It will take a lot of sprite work, but a room that is a bridge to the head of the boss. The pit underneath is the rest of the boss sprite. Would look really kick a** approaching him.

4. Boss Endurance/ Pit of trials.

Owwin wins cool ideas award.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:11 am
Denko
Owwin wins cool ideas award.
That is only the beginning. Once I get my artpad I will actually do some artwork for you too. Let me percolate some more ideas and I will post them.  

Owwin

Allegro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:01 pm
Man, Owwin's third idea gives me dreams of a 2D Shadow of the Colossus.

One thing I loved about Chrono Trigger's New Game+ was the ability to ******** with Lavos whenever I wanted to. It would be awesome to have that kind of freedom with the storyline whenever I wanted.

So, here's an idea I've been dicking with for a day or two. I hate that only certain people in a game can be recruited into your party. Why can't I recruit Joe Schmo? I want to see a system of gameplay where you can take any old guy off the street, and the game slaps him with a random set of stats, but no abilities. Joe Schmo's abilities would be set by the statistics, aptitudes, and abilities of your story important characters. Say your main character had high magical aptitude. Your random civilian would then be able to perform magic to a certain point. Or if your main character was a tank, your random guy could cover for your allies and soak lethal damage.

You could even add a random chance that when a civilian dies that their base stats would boost the party's base stats by that amount permanently.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:34 pm
I remember steadily sneaking up on pokermanz gym leaders from the side. xD

Good ideas owwin. Keep going!  

Al Torrenz

Owwin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:18 pm
ChaosTorrent
I remember steadily sneaking up on pokermanz gym leaders from the side. xD

Good ideas owwin. Keep going!
Okay
Enemy: Tomb Boss. Tomb bosses are little figures with top hats that carry pine coffins. They have tons of health, defense, and magic defense, but no other good stats. They summon enemies to attack for them. They have like a 25% chance to summon a weak enemy, 60% to summon a tough enemy, and 10% to summon a bullshit strong one. 5% for nothing. The enemy depends on the area.

There are more variations of tomb bosses. Grave Bosses with oak coffins, Tomb Raisers with golden sarcophagi, etc.

The Tomb King should be a secret boss. He is a little figure with a crown pattern on his top hat that sits atop a sepulcher and calls enemies out of it. He summons ghost and skeleton versions of the other bosses, and uses wicked debuffs and buffs.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:39 pm
There needs to be an enemy that makes absolutely no sense, like a large exclamation point, that has absurd amounts of defense, only ever does one damage, and if you can't kill it in ten turns, it uses a skill that reduces everyone to one HP. You know, just to ******** with people.  

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Owwin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:28 pm
I got some ideas for the wind style temple. Some wind traps that blow you into pits maybe? Gotta turn off fans, or if you can get scripts for it move rocks in the way of gusts. Maybe you will get a special item that allows you to travel through strong winds and progress in the story. We can elaborate more on the dungeon itself later. As of now I got the big battle.

You need a boss team for the wind temple.

Boreas: Wind attribute, wind and ice attacks. Must have high physical attack and defense. He needs some devastating physical ice attacks, and a freezing breath attack that hits the team. He needs to be a big viking looking guy (he is also the North), and his hair and beard have to be spiked with ice. Purple wings optional.

Notos: Wind attribute, wind and fire attacks. High physical attack, high special attack, little defense. Scorching wind attacks special should be a flaming bear tornado xd . I am thinking he needs to look African because judging by the mythology he lived in Aithiopia (Ethiopia) can't find much else about him.

Euros: Wind attribute, wind and earth attacks. High special attack and special defense. Healing moves and earth specials maybe keeps the MP of the team up, Autumn is a time of bounty. Could look Japanese? Needs to be Eastern. Maybe you could make him from Sichuan, China, the center of those earthquakes we had earlier this year xd .... I'm sorry that was in really poor taste.

Zephyros: Guess what attribute? Wind attacks all the way. High in all defense. Healing moves and whirlwinds. Keeps the others alive and eats damage for breakfast. Hmm Spain is west of Greece. Could either Spanish or another famous western thing, A ******** COWBOY! Sometimes pictured carrying a basket of fruit. A fruity cowboy? He was depicted as gay, you can run with that though. (Oh also thought this was worth mentioning, he is the patron god of tigers. ******** YEAH TIGERS!)

Maybe an AKHT song for the boss theme? Moon Child (Air)

Roki is a lot more brutal than that song though.

EDITED FOR TIGERS, AND BEARS  
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 124 125 126 127 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games