Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Resident Evil 5 Discussion:: The Infection Spreads Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:02 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
But you know what kinds of game stores are the best? The kinds where they sell refurbished games, you know, that come in mind condition, but less expensive than brand new. Yes, you should totally buy games from places like that. Especially if I'm on the shift. >_>

You work at a Gamestop?! eek  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:04 pm
Nooo... Gamestop sells brand new games at high prices.
I work at Game Domain, where our games are open box in a mint, like new condition, that come for 20 - 35% less than retail price.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:19 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Nooo... Gamestop sells brand new games at high prices.
I work at Game Domain, where our games are open box in a mint, like new condition, that come for 20 - 35% less than retail price.

That's great. Too bad I don't know of any stores in my area that are like that. sweatdrop

The closest thing to that is the mom and pop store by my house where my husband bought me Front Mission 4 opened but brand new for $20. I haven't seen a new copy of it for a long time so I thought it was a good price. For used games, I usually want the best condition if possible. I'm thinking about contributing new jewel cases to the store for their PS1/DC games. Some of the cases are very cracked or dirty and they would look so much better in new cases. 3nodding

As for FM4, I really enjoy it and I'm usually not a fan of tactic games. I think there's an online one coming out, but since 4's sales were poor, they probably won't release it here. sad  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:33 pm
I haven't played Front Mission. What is it like? Real Time Strategy?  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:35 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
I haven't played Front Mission. What is it like? Real Time Strategy?

Strategy (I don't know the proper term, but it's turn-based) with mecha. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:38 pm
Ooohh, okay... Kinda like Advance Wars?  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:42 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Ooohh, okay... Kinda like Advance Wars?

I haven't played Advanced Wars, so I don't know. sweatdrop Wikipedia calls FM4 a "tactical RPG." I don't agree with that. No magic is used. XD

Here's the US site: - Click -  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:47 pm
Yeah, it's like Advance Wars and Field Commander. Do you get to choose different types of attacks for your units? Like, whether they use one type of weapon or another? Or are the units classified under their own sections, and each only does one type of attack?  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:57 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Yeah, it's like Advance Wars and Field Commander. Do you get to choose different types of attacks for your units? Like, whether they use one type of weapon or another? Or are the units classified under their own sections, and each only does one type of attack?

Yes, different attacks may be chosen, and different weapons may be equipped (someone can have a shotgun and machine gun, while someone has a rifle). You can customize parts and buy new ones when you're not in battle (there is a weight limit, so you have to be careful on what you choose).

Reviews thought the game was so-so, but I would recommend giving it a chance (though it doesn't hurt to read a few review before you make up your mind...).  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:03 pm
Mmm... If they can change weapons and stuff, that would qualify it as an RPG. Magic is overrated. I'd love to play an RPG that has no magic in it.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:10 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Mmm... If they can change weapons and stuff, that would qualify it as an RPG. Magic is overrated. I'd love to play an RPG that has no magic in it.

I thought RPGs always had magic in them. Guess I was wrong. razz

I wish there were more survival horror RPGs like Parasite Eve...  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:13 pm
Please move all none "Resident Evil" topics to the ::Grill 13 Restaurant::.  

MM-212 Beta
Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:14 pm
Well, it's because people say, "People who play RPGs like magic, so we must include magic!" But it's not like it's a part of the genre qualification. I mean, like Parasite Eve, that's not technically magic.
But there really aren't enough RPGs out there that don't utilize magic.

EDIT: Wellp, back to discussing crappy games in this topic. Well, a certain one, anyway.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:56 pm
I'm not sure if this was already posted, but in Resident Evil 5 it's implied that at that time and setting Jill's dead.  

Alkaizer87

Guitar Hero King

7,625 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:48 am
i saw the trailer and saw the tombstone about jill's death. jill cant be dead, i'm thinking that it might be a fake death. i mean in resident evil 3 she left raccoon city and the city was nuke. jill remain secret since RE3, we dont know what happened to jill. anyways we have to find out and see RE5 comes out on march 13th. i think capcom is playing with us and see the trailer that shows the death of jill valentine. i mean if she really dead or not? so if jill really dies, then that would be so depressing in resident evil. i like jill valentine in resident evil and i play as her in the game.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games