Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Resident Evil 5 Discussion:: The Infection Spreads Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:10 am
True, but still it's a possibility. I mean why show her tomb if she isn't even the 2nd playable character?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:13 am
She isn't the second playable character. I think it's fairly clear that that Sheva girl (I dont even know if that's her name, thats how much I don't care) is.

Resident Evil 5 is nothing but a bigger betrayal than what Resident Evil 4 was. Now, in order to cause uproar, they're resorting to killing a main character obscenely (which literally means "off-scene"). Ugh.  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:03 am
Guitar Hero King
i saw the trailer and saw the tombstone about jill's death. jill cant be dead, i'm thinking that it might be a fake death. i mean in resident evil 3 she left raccoon city and the city was nuke. jill remain secret since RE3, we dont know what happened to jill. anyways we have to find out and see RE5 comes out on march 13th. i think capcom is playing with us and see the trailer that shows the death of jill valentine. i mean if she really dead or not? so if jill really dies, then that would be so depressing in resident evil. i like jill valentine in resident evil and i play as her in the game.

Well, considering the fact that as far as Capcom is concerned, Umbrella Chronicles IS Canon, Jill and Chris joined an anti-Biohazard group, or something of the sort, so you do know what happened to her.

I hope she's dead. Jill deserves better than to live to witness RE5.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:24 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Guitar Hero King
i saw the trailer and saw the tombstone about jill's death. jill cant be dead, i'm thinking that it might be a fake death. i mean in resident evil 3 she left raccoon city and the city was nuke. jill remain secret since RE3, we dont know what happened to jill. anyways we have to find out and see RE5 comes out on march 13th. i think capcom is playing with us and see the trailer that shows the death of jill valentine. i mean if she really dead or not? so if jill really dies, then that would be so depressing in resident evil. i like jill valentine in resident evil and i play as her in the game.

Well, considering the fact that as far as Capcom is concerned, Umbrella Chronicles IS Canon, Jill and Chris joined an anti-Biohazard group, or something of the sort, so you do know what happened to her.

I hope she's dead. Jill deserves better than to live to witness RE5.

oh yeah i heard about that. my friend tells me the same thing about in the umbrella chronicles. i guess so, anyways i can play umbrella chronicles and see it or even go on youtube.  

Guitar Hero King

7,625 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:04 pm
NotteRequiem
She isn't the second playable character. I think it's fairly clear that that Sheva girl (I dont even know if that's her name, thats how much I don't care) is.

Resident Evil 5 is nothing but a bigger betrayal than what Resident Evil 4 was. Now, in order to cause uproar, they're resorting to killing a main character obscenely (which literally means "off-scene"). Ugh.

I know that already, I'm just proving a point that jill isn't the 2nd playable, and also they show her tombstone, which adds up to the fact that she's most likely dead.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:55 am
Alkaizer87
NotteRequiem

I know that already, I'm just proving a point that jill isn't the 2nd playable, and also they show her tombstone, which adds up to the fact that she's most likely dead.

Ah alright. I think I misread your statement wrong before.

Still not getting my hopes up about this game  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Vankala

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:13 am
NotteRequiem
Alkaizer87
NotteRequiem

Ah alright. I think I misread your statement wrong before.

Still not getting my hopes up about this game

I'm just flat out ignoring this game altogether. I haven't even watched the newest trailer. I just don't care about it anymore.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:35 am
Vankala

I'm just flat out ignoring this game altogether. I haven't even watched the newest trailer. I just don't care about it anymore.

*sniffle* You make me so proud!  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:31 pm
Ha ha! Lots of RE5 tough love goin' on around here (Or just pure dislike). I can't wait to play the game! The fact that it has become less of a survival horror doesn't dishearten me! I like it for the fact that it seems more like a movie now! The cinematic experience of the game can't be argued with (I think); it's going to be epic in that area! Oh well, no more zombies...Hey, it had to evolve sometime (I hope I don't get many resenting glares for that statement)! If I ever crave the longing for a return to a better style for RE, I'll just go play the old classics 'til I feel all better, and then return to playing what is possibly the best new action-movie-esque video game series of all time! In case you're wondering, that be RE (Duh, I think they know that...I think...)! And what game defines what I just said better then the upcoming RE5?! But, in the long run of things...RE3 still is the one that rocks my world!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:41 pm
The best action-movie-esque series of all time? Mmm.. Metal Gear Solid. Hands down. Sorry.
Resident Evil used to be the best horror-movie-esque series of all time. But now it's more like... Devil May Cry without a sword. It would be so much better if the dialogue wasn't so pretentious and actually took itself seriously.  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:57 pm
I would probably agree with your MGS statement, but I never owned (But will soon!) a PS2/3, so I never played any of them except MGS:TTS on the G-Cube, which was intense, and way more action-movie-esque (Haha, fun to say) then RE4, but doesn't look like it will compare to RE5...Then again, I really need to play the others to truly judge (Especially the newest, 4). Oh jeez, the dialogue was horrible in the last game, but I really never cared about that...It's all about the game play for me! The dialogue was an extra treat, something to really loosen up the mood or break the tension and give me a good laugh if I ever needed it...Then again, RE shouldn't even be aiming for that, should they? Also never played Devil May Cry, so I wouldn't know how bad playing without a sword would be =D. I presume awful.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:11 pm
Well, if you're about the gameplay, then I don't see how RE4 is more cinematic than the classic RE games. I mean, in the classic RE games, you had the dramatic camera angles. The whole reason I got into RE was because during gameplay it looked like a movie. The camera doesn't just follow the character.

Well, I'm not a big fan of Devil May Cry. But bottom line is that it's very actiony, there's no ammo limit so you're basically hacking and slashing through your opponents, or shoot them. It's not horror, it's action. And that's what Resident Evil has become. I'm just saying that if it had a sword, it would be pretty much DMC. But that's only natural, since Devil May Cry was supposed to be RE4, but then they made so many changes to it that it wasn't even RE anymore. It just seems like RE4 was inevitably going to be nothing like RE.  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:32 pm
True, true indeed. But pertaining to the game play, I meant things such as being trapped in a house with Luis while being swamped by Ganados or facing off against a giant mutated Salazar monster, or even (My favorite part) taking down an entire camp of military Ganados while an armed helicopter assist's you aspects of the cinematic feel. All of those things made me feel like I was in a Night of the Living Dead, Deep Rising, or even a Rambo movie. The feel was incredible, and it's didn't matter what camera angle held the action; only the experience that came with it mattered!!! But that's the only place RE4 got it's charm from me. Other then that, the other games were superior in the aspect of really feeling like a gritty horror movie, with the suspenseful angles and what not (Which every RE game should truly be about).

Ha ha, you DEFINITELY know that RE 4 was going to be anything but a resemblance to a RE game! Especially for the fact that they worked with 4 possible concepts that were each drastically different from the core concept built around the RE series thus far! Though, I will not lie, I was fancying myself that "hooked man" version. That looked to be a good mixing of the old and the new, really. Wouldn't you agree (I think)?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:48 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
The best action-movie-esque series of all time? Mmm.. Metal Gear Solid. Hands down. Sorry.
Resident Evil used to be the best horror-movie-esque series of all time. But now it's more like... Devil May Cry without a sword. It would be so much better if the dialogue wasn't so pretentious and actually took itself seriously.

He said movie-esque series, not movie series.

Just kidding, I love MGS. heart

But the most action-movie-esque series for me would likely be either MGS or the Prince of Persia: Sands of Time trilogy (the first in the trilogy is actually going to be an action movie xd ). Lots of monster-killing and flashy moves and high-flying acrobatics? I like it. Story revolving around a Prince unleashing damned sands from an hourglass thanks to a deceptive Vizier, then having to run from some guardian of time because of it, then returning home to find it in shambles, and the ending of the series wrapping around to the first one? Count me in. 3nodding  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:48 pm
Yeah, Prince of Persia was pretty fresh.

User Image  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games