Welcome to Gaia! ::

Neon Love

Back to Guilds

A place to hangout and be yourself among friends who Love you. 

Tags: Friendship, Love, Activities, Craziness, Anime 

Reply Neon Love's Gang
Yackity-Yack Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 208 209 210 211 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which dream vacation would you choose?
Bahamas
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tokyo, Japan
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Paris, France
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sydney, Australia
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Hawaii, USA
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
London, England
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Marie-Cris

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:41 am
heart ... Autumn leaves fall and are swept out of sight ...

*Raises hand* zETA here *Hand falls off* Damme.

I didn't buy a ticket ((didn't have the gold for it at the time that I looked ... and I still don't now)) but I'm okay to wait to play; I've still got my ton of TAFE work to do so my delay to the system is going to help me a lot.

I tried making banners for sigs ... only ended up with two and they both suck.

... So are the memories of love that we knew ... heart

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:54 am
Yep. Shelby was one, too. She added me soon after I put that zETA thing in my signature.  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

Dangerous Conversationalist

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:54 am
Whooo!! The NDAish rules have been repealed. I could talk about zOMG now... too bad I'm running late for school.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:37 pm
Sorry, I don't have much time today,
but I wanted to stop by to announce our newest member,
Danidie.

WELCOME!!!

Gweener

Shel-Fu
Crew

Shameless Bloodsucker

7,350 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:28 pm
Gah. I wanna play zOMG so bad now.
x.o Too bad I don't have a ticket.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:36 pm
@Marie-Cris -
12 November 1994! :]
The numerology thingy.
I know I'm a few pages late, sorry ;__;  

E i J i-A c r o b a t i c
Vice Captain

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:36 am
The first ring I sold more than three times paid for the cost of the ticket. I knew something like that would happen... which is why I splurged for the ticket.

I paid 40k for the ticket. The first ring I sold (an upper middle class attack ring... Hack, to be specific) got me 159k.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:08 am
So, what's this zOMG like anyway? Like, what do we have to look forward to?  

Gweener

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:53 pm
Weeeeell... to be honest, it's kind of like Towns with a battle system, but better.

It's still a little buggy, but it's not nearly as bad as it was in beta. When you guys join, I'll try to help you out as much as possible (if you want). One of the things I like the most is that when you load it up and choose your servers, it'll tell you which of your friends are on which server, and how many of your friends are on each server, so it's easier to play with a particular person.

There's a lot more I could say... but... really, I've always sucked at giving summaries... like... really, really sucked, so I'm not exactly the best person to ask.

I will say that KS'ing (kill stealing... someone waiting while you fight a monster and then take the last hit) isn't a problem in this game. ... I might as well quote Quixter in the zETA guild for this...

Qixter
Hey folks,

I've seen a bunch of threads about whether or not KS'ing is a problem in zOMG! or not.

The answer is...it's not NEARLY the problem here that it is in other games.

Here's some details:

a) Let's say a monster has a 4% chance to drop an item when you are soloing it.

b) If you are in a Crew, then when that monster dies, every person in your Crew gets that same regular 4% chance to get the item from that monster. This means that multiple people in your Crew could ALL get that same item...so being in a Crew is a very effective way of hunting for loot. Plus, you get loot while in the Crew whether you did damage or not. You just have to be *hated* by the monster, even a little bit, in order to get rewarded. (Hate can be accumulated by healing, buffing, debuffing the monster, standing close to the monster, etc.)

c) If multiple people are fighting the same monster, and they are NOT in a Crew, then we keep track of the amount of damage done by each person, and we give you a chance for the item, but that chance is scaled by the amount of damage you do. For example: If you did 50% of the damage to the monster mentioned above, then the chance that you would get the item would be 4% * 50% = 2%. In essence, this means that you are compensated for the job that you did.

d) Lastly, if multiple Crews are attacking a monster, then they follow the same rules as "c", with each Crew being treated like an individual player. In other words, the amount of damage done by the Crew is used to determine the modifier on the standard loot drops, just like in "c" above.

So, in essence, the only way to really "kill steal" a monster (currently) is to swoop in as a veteran and do a ton of damage to a monster. And we'll be fixing the attractiveness of that soon when we start down-scaling the loot based on relative /con level (but that's not in just yet).

Lots of info here, but I really want you folks to understand that sharing kills is not the big deal here in zOMG! that it is in other games you may have played.

Feedback?

EDIT: A last note about "kill credit". It does not matter whether you get the last "killing blow" or not. All you have to do is be on the monster's hate list in order to get credit for its death. You get on a hate list by attacking the monster, healing someone the monster hates, debuffing the monster, being close to the monster, and other things.

And I think that system is actually pretty fair... unless you're me and can kill 4 monsters in one hit so nobody else can get a shot off... but I party people if I'm grinding for orbs (you use orbs to power up your rings... they're basically exp, but it's got a % chance to drop) in an area that's really easy for me. I party them, partly because it makes me feel like I'm helping them, and partly because it also boosts my chances for orbs. I find it more satisfying to help lowbies complete quests than just grind.

... I want to play more, I can try to explain more later on if you'd like.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:53 pm
I guess, if you really wanted me to, I could fraps me playing for a little bit and post it on YouTube... but I'm sure you can find fraps of people playing on YouTube already... but it might be beta footage and therefore very glitchy.  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:54 pm
Oh, yeah. The intro for the game is flippin' epic, by the way.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:13 pm
If you want... a... uh... unbiased/uninfluenced opinion on zOMG, you should ask Marie... since I've played tons of MMOs, and she hasn't.  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:02 pm
Sergeant Zaxus
Hazumu-san
Sergeant Zaxus
Hey.

Hi, glad to meet you. biggrin

Hey, there!
... You know, we've technically already met and know eachother...

????  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:21 pm
Wow Chainsaw it sound like it could be alot of fun. We will all have to play together when it really starts up.. biggrin

I wanted to get on last night, but I totally fell asleep, I didn't really wake up until about 11. Ugg. I found the kitten sleeping on my feet, it was so cute.

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Neon Love's Gang

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 208 209 210 211 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games