Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10758 10759 10760 10761 10762 10763 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

Owwin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:01 pm

Zephyrkitty
People really kept shocking people for wrong answers after they believed they were unconscious? How can an unconscious person deliver a wrong answer? Why would you shock them after they complained of a heart condition?

And the people who answered wrong in the first experiment. That explains all the idiots in my school who dress the same.

The prison experiment really pissed me off too. The majority of cops in my town are assholes. I am always sickened by people in authority positions because I wonder if they took the job to help people or abuse the power. Now I know.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:03 pm

Eight out of ten of those people you see would torture the s**t out of a puppy if a dude in a lab coat asked them to.

I find this to be quotable.

Yin Yun Yang

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:07 pm

Owwin
Zephyrkitty
People really kept shocking people for wrong answers after they believed they were unconscious? How can an unconscious person deliver a wrong answer? Why would you shock them after they complained of a heart condition?

And the people who answered wrong in the first experiment. That explains all the idiots in my school who dress the same.

I had a teacher who talked about that experiment, and according to him, no answer was counted as a wrong answer.

Basically, if you can get someone to agree to a smaller request, it is easier to get them to agree to larger ones. It's harder to say 'I don't feel good about this. I think we should stop.' after you've agreed to do something else for that person previously.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:08 pm

Yin Yun Yang
Eight out of ten of those people you see would torture the s**t out of a puppy if a dude in a lab coat asked them to.

You gotta realize that only 26 people took that test though. That is not really a good sample for all of humanity.

Owwin

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:09 pm

Yin Yun Yang

This.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:12 pm

Zephyrkitty
Owwin
Zephyrkitty

I had a teacher who talked about that experiment, and according to him, no answer was counted as a wrong answer.

Basically, if you can get someone to agree to a smaller request, it is easier to get them to agree to larger ones. It's harder to say 'I don't feel good about this. I think we should stop.' after you've agreed to do something else for that person previously.
I just realized, that isn't really a good look at humankind as a whole. For one thing they only tested 26 people, and you'll notice while they talk about all of the people who took it, they didn't have a record of how many people they asked who wouldn't do it at all. They eliminated the group that couldn't stand to hurt anybody in the first place from the equation.

Owwin

teh_n00b_huntr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:20 pm

Yin Yun Yang

I would quote this quote 3nodding

also I may need you to play twing-twang
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:22 pm

I've read about the original experiment, the one with the actor and the shocks about the pacemaker. He did it in two different areas, a university with studnets and then people in a town a few miles away.

Twing-Twang?

Yin Yun Yang

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:23 pm

Goodnight.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:24 pm

Meta_Fish
Goodnight.
Enjoi ur turki dai

Owwin

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:25 pm

Owwin
Zephyrkitty
Owwin
Zephyrkitty

I just realized, that isn't really a good look at humankind as a whole. For one thing they only tested 26 people, and you'll notice while they talk about all of the people who took it, they didn't have a record of how many people they asked who wouldn't do it at all. They eliminated the group that couldn't stand to hurt anybody in the first place from the equation.

Considering that the people in the experiment thought there were testing learning, I don't think that they ignored the people who wouldn't do it. Also, no one in the experiment stopped before 300 volts, as far as I can find.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:28 pm

Angry Bear Wedding Party

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

Owwin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:29 pm

Zephyrkitty
Considering that the people in the experiment thought there were testing learning, I don't think that they ignored the people who wouldn't do it. Also, no one in the experiment stopped before 300 volts, as far as I can find.
That is sad, they must have been testing some callus and stupid people.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:32 pm

im tired so this cloaked unkown person is out

also twing-twang is from heavenly sword, no ideaa what it is though xd

teh_n00b_huntr

Yin Yun Yang

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:33 pm

I shee.
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10758 10759 10760 10761 10762 10763 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games