Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Sculpted - art + craft guild
Introduce Yourself! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angeliqe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:37 pm
Ok, now to the proper introduction before I get punished!

My name is Angeliqe, or you can use Angel as most of my friends on here do (it is not my real name, I don't give that out online until I've known you well for a LONG time because it is a very unique name and internet people are can be SCARY!)
I'm...old enough to know better than state my age U_U (not HELLA old, but, older than the majority here).
I'm from the United States.

Let's see...I guess I've pretty much always been into crafting since my mom is a crafter too. I dabble in a lot of things, but have not become very skilled at many. Mostly I sew clothing or quilts right now (when I have the time!), but I have the materials to try my first plushie! A Neko girl.
I someday hope to reach my goal of being a professional homemaker, just so I can craft most of the day!

let's see...links, hrm I have several of my drawings, lol..but that doesn't fit for this guild!
Here's a very basic baby quilt I made for a co-worker a few years ago: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Aerin75/61eff691.jpg

unfortunately, that's the only thing I have a picture of right now. I did a gorgeous wedding ring quilt (hand quilted even) for my best friend when she got married...have photos but...scanner has been dead. and, I am the official eye embroiderer for my mom when she makes her crocheted animals, lol  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:28 am
Angeliqe
Mercy_untold
Hello. I am Mercy. I have to say that though my list of experiance may be long, please do not let it fool you. I am nothing to oggle at. To be completely honest, I dislike my work so much that I have ONE picture of a peice I did. Let's see, the best way to put this is, I am a 4th year sculpture student, 2nd year pottery student; as-well-as, an advanced 1st year jewelry student, all of which was taken/ still is being taken in High school. I am a senoir( 18 yrs old ), who clearly has the ability to spell like a first grader. Please forgive that... o.O;;
Now, though I have taken all these classes, that is not the start of my, free fall in the art relm. I started with dance, and hated it (just not my thing) then moved into theater (still LOVE that) and soon after my first big role I fell back into the messy side of art. Ofcorse when I was little I wasn't aloud glitter-glue or markers, and before the age of five, crayons FORGET IT. I love messy art. But I must say that I really have found myself, the 3-D relm of art grabbed me and wont let me go.
I do plan on posting my art on DA soon... I have a page, but nothing is there... I guess I will have to post here when I do so that you all can see my stuff.
Thanks for taking the time to not only read this, but to put up with any mistakes I may have left behind.

Here is the ONE picture I have, this peice is about three years old. It is calls Mosters within.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b40/untold_poem513/other pictures/mosterwithin.jpg

I know I've not introduced myself properly yet....it's coming!
I just had to comment on your post...that sculpture is AWESOME! And, one of the hardest things to give yourself is the freedom to not be perfect. Because you have created something, you will ALWAYS see the areas that did not turn out as you had envisioned. Ask someone else to look at it, someone you totally trust to give you a completely honest reaction. Chances are they will not see those things. I suggest that you limit the postings on THIS site to this guild or similar locales however, the general populous on here (in arenas and such) are quite rude most of the time.

UM, lol O.o;; Thank you. I am glad you like it. But the pic you see, is not the finished peice. I also know that it sorta looks like a Ken doll. It is three years old, like I said. I have grown to deal with the mistakes. But again, I am glad you like it, and thank you again for taking the time to respond.  

Mercy_untold

PsychoPanic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:39 am
Ciao!
I'm Nee (not my real name :3 ), 15 years old (16 on august) and live in north Italy. ^^ I'm a freak that loves lolita, anime, drawing and music (metal heart )...
I've just started to work with fimo, but I'm attending an art school where I work with clay 2 days a week.
I like to do cute thingies like charms and little sculptures, but I think I'll give a try with plushies... whee  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:10 am
Hello heart I'm new here so I guess I can say a few things about myself smile I'm 28 from the USA and in rl people really do call me Spooky smile I love trying all kinds of crafts and drawing things, just whatever I can get my hands on really smile I look forward to puting up my work and seeing what others think heart  

Spookysteelrose

Ellesandria Sterling

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:09 am
Well I guess it's time for me to do my intro before I'm beaten and maimed. Although I doubt any of you would, you all seem like wonderfully friendly people.

My name is Dark, I live in the US. I do all sorts of things craft wise really. I mostly specialize in working with polymer clays. I have a bunch of side projects at the moment, and haven't been working on any of them. I'm working on making a messenger bag out of an old pair of jeans, coming along nicely I just have to finish sewing the bag. And a polymer clay/epoxy resin necklace that looks like a bowl of ramen noodles. If my sewing skills get any better I might start working on plushies and things of that sort.

Here is a link for a few things I've done. I don't have all of my pictures up yet, but I'm working on it. http://darkndistantgoth.deviantart.com/  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:01 pm
Well, my name is Danielle and I am 12 years old (If you are wondering, i live in New York). I like arts and crafts and want to learn how to sculpt (just like you guys XD) I tried sculpting before, but i am not good at it, but i am still trying to get better at it. I mostly like to draw, but I am willing to try out new things and ideas. i look forward to learning. mrgreen  

rcdanny

650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Nefidean

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:56 pm
My name is Katherine, but every one calls me Kat, or Nefi. (Even my boyfriend) I'm new to sculpting in general, though I am more framilure with jewlery and beading then anything else. I also want to get into candel making in the near future.

Alot of what I do is on a small scale, maknig things for friends and family, but recently I've been serious about what I love to do and trying my best to focus. I think my skills hav imporoved since I first started working back in high school (about 8 years ago) Back then I mainly used seed beads and wire peices and worked with prepackaged sets like Jazzy Jewlery (I wonder if any one remembers that one) Now I'm not only working with new meidiums such as chain and crystels, I'm also learning to set stones, cut chain, and work with things like poly-clay or silver clay. Alot of these peices are becoming more and more personal as well as perfessional.

I'm hopeing that I never give up my love of crafting things with my hands. I hope that evntuallly I can make a living off it every day. I want to learn new things, and be inspired by new styles. I want honest opions and helpful advice, and hopefully I'll be well enough in my own ways to offer my own.

So now you know a bit about me, what I want and what I like, If your curious to see how much is just hot air, or if I'm really improving, don't be afraid to check out my DA account
http://nefidean.deviantart.com/
Don't be afraid to comment and tell me what you really think :3  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:49 pm
I'm a Chinese/Vietnamese Canadian. I'm almost 16 and I'm short for my age.
No, us Canadians DON'T LIVE IN IGLOOS. Also, YES WE DO HAVE T.V.'S for those bingholes who suprisingly don't know.

I've been in culture and craft for as long as I've remembered. I guess it was because my father worked with metal and wood a lot. Also my mother let me play with the dough.

I can't make "realistic" things very well, nor am good with painting. I'm not skilled in either one.

www.oroyamaru.deviantart.com

I didn't put any handcrafted work in there yet. Unless you count a broken wall as one.  

Chesed Parader

Shirtless Shapeshifter

bounyelf

9,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:49 pm
greetings fellow sculpty peoples! You may call me pixie for many people do. Anyhow i came across the guild while browsing gaia and thought it would be neat to join. Since i make a few little boobels myself, mostly horns. I would like to learn to better my craft.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:48 pm
♥✂♡

Oooh I ♥ introductions!

So, my name is Mari. I live in the...U.S. (Unfortuantly...) Anywho, I love making things simply to express myself. It helps to release a lot of pent up useless anger and energy :3. I have a few medians becuase both my Papa and Mama are 'creative' (Though my Faher is the only real ''Artist'' since he majored in it at school.) My most comfy medium would have to be 'beading'. By this, I mean taking a frame or a bare plastic manequin (torso only) and covering it in small beautiful old and new beads. Its truly a work of art. I also love to decoupage. I've done my drawers and I think they look quite nice. I'm attempting to start felt plushies (inspired a cute little site I stumbled across as well as some random images >.> <.<) I like to use clay, but I'm not...very...good at it. >3>;;. I'm taking a fantastic jewlery class, and I've learned to saw, paper bead, solder, and all this other stuff. We're starting enameling and I'm very excited ow0.

✄I'm starting up a new frame with my beading. It's coming quite slowly but... yeah.

✄I've attempted to begin some cute clay elephants but..they look like crap. >..>;;

✄I'm about to decoupage a little cardboard torso, it looks like it might come out nicely.

✄I'm going to try to learn how to actually sew so that I can start making cute little felties ♥♥♥

✄Pictures coming soon :3

♥✂♡

L0veIy

Nefidean

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:56 pm
Welcome Fellow Newbies, It's a pleasure to meet you all and I hope to see some great things from you all.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:24 pm
Konichiwa mina-san!!! =^_^=

My name's Ashley, you can call me Herbal though. I'm 21 and a student at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh in the Entertainment Design Program. (thats pretty much just a fancy way of saying special effects, Practical! NOT NOT NOT digital!!!!) I've been there for nearly four years now and still have a little while till I graduate. (I switched programs so I've got a little extra to go) In school I've learned a wonderful smattering of all kinds of fun things and not so fun things that include:
-Sculpting in several different mediums
-3D painting
-Airbrush
-Special Effects Make-up (including prosthetic application)
-Mold making
-Animatronics (both cable operated and remote control)
-Casting in lots of different fun and toxic materials (fiberglass, foam latex, smoothcast/alumalite, polyfoam, dental acrylic, ect.)
-Lots of other fun miscellaneous things!!!
If anybody wants to learn about something that you thing I might know then feel free to ask, I'd love to help out!! 4laugh

AAAAAnyway! As you can see I have experience in a lot of different things, although almost none of them very extensively. confused But of course the one thing they don't teach is the one I want to specialize in, Costuming!!! I've recently started teaching myself to sew and construct costumes and accessories. I'm still not very experienced but I'm learning!! I'm currently in the middle of my very first cosplay costume (which I probably should be working on right now, lol XD) If you want to see pictures of some of the things I've done you can check out my Livejournal. Right now I only have my mechanical lizard owl and my latest knitting project up there but eventually I think I'll put up some of my older work. Anyway, I think I've wasted enough space here xd I'm glad to be here and I hope to get to know lots of you!!  

Herbal-Fairy

gummie_sourball

Fashionable Darling

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:42 pm
hi, i'm gummie. currently 22 and married. i love all sorts of art mediums. but lately i've had to cut it down to just random doodles when i get the time. (i go to work and school full time.) but i love to work with clay, sewing, and doing a lot of 2D stuff as well. (currently i've been iching to start paining with acrylics again.) but i joind this guild because i really want to learn how to make cute anime/game styled plushies. i've never made one before so and advice would be loved! here's a link to my da account if interested.
*clickie*  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:56 pm
ohhh i do make up too Ashley. i am enrolled in an advanced make up class right now. We learning how to put on beards and mustaches. Switching programs or transferring is a pain. grr...

off topic is there a thread for people who make jewelry that is one of the main things i do.  

bounyelf

9,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200

sinundcandy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:33 pm
New around these parts? Come in and introduce yourself! Here's a few ideas of some things you might want to post about (don't worry if you don't want to follow this format, it's just a suggestion!):

* basic details like your age and country
* how long you've been into sculpture and craft
* what got you started in it
* what you consider your specialties/weaknesses
* links to your work

I am new to this guild so here it goes :p

*Erm 21, I live in the US - Las [Sin City] Vegas, NV
*I have been into it since I dunno, maybe fifth grade and it's been a passion of mine on and off since then.
*It was the first time I touched clay and realized it as a form of art and more than something like 'play-doh' lol it was art class..
*I'm not quite sure what I would say my specialties are. I have many weaknesses lol.
*I currently have no links to my work.  
Sculpted - art + craft guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces