Welcome to Gaia! ::

Readers' and Writers' Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for anyone who enjoys a good book 

Tags: reading, writing, books, roleplay, discussion 

Reply Readers' and Writers' Guild
Welcome! (PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skias onar

Practiced Witch

8,850 Points
  • Ghost Hunter 250
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:17 am

Hello! My name is Vicky. I'm almost 19 and a university student.

Thank you very much for inviting me^^

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:25 am
Hello, I just joined this guild and was invited by penandpaper67. I mostly write fan fic but have done some original stories, mainly in the sci-fi/fantasy genre.  

Hypatia Star

The_Dominus_Of_Big_O

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:16 pm
Thanks for the invite!

I am Jon, I am 20 years old and my favorite genre would have to be more along the lines of Thriller, suspense, and mystery. My favorite Author is Martin Cruz Smith. currently I'm in the process of creating characters for a comic that I'm trying my hardest to get into full gear. I have the problem of starting and never finishing crying but I am determined to do this one!!! Interests are video games, anime, history, old cars, the cold war, etc. Nice to meet everyone here!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:02 am
Hi people!

I'm Kineka! Well, not really, but I hate my real name, so please call me Kineka! 4laugh

I'm an avid reader! A "bookworm" to say the least. I'll pretty much read anything, but I love to read supernatural and paranormal books. Anything that involves vampires, witches, elves, fairies, whatever! I'll read it biggrin .

I do write a little bit too. Mostly Jonas Brothers fanfiction though. I wrote one Harry Potter one too, but none of them are very good. I love to write though, so if I do write, and read it over and it's not as good as I thought, I just keep it to myself to avoid future humiliation.

Well, anyway, I'm very glad to be here and it's very nice to meet you all!  

Flarityxx18

hoekoyami

Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:07 pm
Hello! I'm Andrea/Ici/whatever you'd really want to call me. Thank you for the invite! I don't read as much as I used to, and so I don't know too much about some newer books.

I write on occasion, but not so much anymore, and I hardly publish anything I do write, I'm never really happy with my works. Sometimes I write fanfiction (mainly for Kingdom Hearts), but I've dabbled into original plots before.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:25 pm
Hey there! My name is Lynn and I just got finished reading a book called "The Otherworldlies" by Jennifer Anne Kogler. I'm now going to read New Moon, at my dad's request (he's totally a Twiligt fan. ><). I don't read things quickly unless they catch my interest and I'm not at home. If I have a computer in front of me, I'm watching old Star Trek episodes. But I love grabbing a book and running to the park just to sit and read sometimes.

Thanks for the invite! I plan to be an active member.  

Lyrical Sympathy

Vodou von Prettypants

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:55 pm
I should have been a pair of ragged claws

Hullo!

My name is Noelle, and I'm 17. I live on the southern East Coast of the United States of America, and thought my country might have its flaws, I am, indeed, proud of my Southern heritage.

I'm currently reading An Abundance of Katherines by John Green -- one of my favorite authors. The others include Chuck Palahniuk (Fight Club), J.D. Salinger (Catcher in the Rye), and Holly Black (Tithe).

I do not consider myself a very good fiction writer (though I sometimes do it for fun), since most of my skill has been developed by journalism, but I know a thing or two about narrative structure and grammar, etc. I can be an excellent editor, if you are willing to accept criticism, and I enjoy reading almost any genre.

My main interest, however, is art and design (illustration, etc.), so if you need anything done in those areas, you know who to contact.

I appreciate the invitation, and I plan to be as active as possible in this guild, but I do have a part-time job, and will be starting school again in August.

Scuttling across the floors of silent seas

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:45 pm
space.

Hi! Call me Exodus or something along those lines. I could care less. Right now I'm struggling to read my summer reading, Three Cups of Tea because it gives off a biography feel and I'm not a big fan of biographies. I'm mainly into fiction period. Anything fiction I will read.

I role-play a lot on Gaia and you will find me mainly in the Gaian Neighborhood or Invitation-only RP subfourms. I also do a lot of one-shots for people on various websites and am excitedly waiting for NaNoWriMo.

Thanks for accepting my request to join! :3

This is Exodus

Fashionable Phantom

penandpaper67
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:29 pm
This is Exodus
space.

Hi! Call me Exodus or something along those lines. I could care less. Right now I'm struggling to read my summer reading, Three Cups of Tea because it gives off a biography feel and I'm not a big fan of biographies. I'm mainly into fiction period. Anything fiction I will read.

I role-play a lot on Gaia and you will find me mainly in the Gaian Neighborhood or Invitation-only RP subfourms. I also do a lot of one-shots for people on various websites and am excitedly waiting for NaNoWriMo.

Thanks for accepting my request to join! :3

Three Cups of Tea is my summer reading too! I haven't started it yet, though...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:15 pm
Hi. I been invited to this place. And yes, I am a writer. But I also want to get into flash, digital art and 3d creativity. I been collecting toutorials on how to use them but if you have any thing for me useful, please contact me. Anyhow, im currently working on a fan fiction based on Megaman, well... the Zero and ZX ones anyway. I been working on sequal 3 (1 and 2 are complete) It's called Megaman Heroes, and if you want, you can search the writers arena. But to make things easier, I can make a thread that will link you to all of my chapters. Nice to meet you all.  

Tanooki John

Girl-Crazy Gaian

18,125 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 9 100

Priestess of Neptune
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:33 pm
I am pleased to meet you as well. I would appreciate a link to your work, or conversely, you could just post it as an original topic in the "prose" sub-forum.

'm afraid that I know little of digital art beyond working with photographs, so I can only help you with photography-related things. What software do you use for editing? Gimp? Photoshop?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:44 pm
Hello, I'm Trinity or Ariel (which ever you may call me)

Right now, I live in FL which is where I've lived all my life (it's honestly not as good as people assume it to be) and I hate the hot weather. I'd rather be in the mountains anytime (execpt when I want to go to the mall, which has lately been the common ideals for me).

My favorite book, while slightly cheesy, is 'Tithe' by Holly Black . I love fairy books, and my father and I often switch off on books (so yes, he's read the Twilight series as well as Tithe). I'm proud to boast that I am not a servile conformist like most of my peers. I actually enjoyed the books on my summer reading list. Well, one of the two. It's actually one of my top favorites. It's called 'In Cold Blood' and it's by the legendary Truman Capote.

I do write fiction and my friends have often told me I've gotten better lately. However, now, I seem to have lost my desire to read and write, and I rather hope you may help me regain it. I hope to become active in this guild not just for the reason stated, but also to help build my miniscule vocabulary and spelling.

Trinity of Light

Sparkly Fairy

Priestess of Neptune
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:04 pm
Welcome, Ariel. I'm pleased to hear your admirable goals, and am unreserved in helping you achieve them. If you post some of your work (particularly prose), we can review what your perceived weaknesses are, and find ways to improve.

I appreciate your non-conformity; members of the Readers' and Writers' guild will never alienate you for your life choices, whether aberrant or not.

We shall do our best to restore your penchant for reading and writing.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:38 pm
Ah! Thank you so much! : ]
I have already posted some work. It's even in the prose section as you suggested (well, and it follows the guild guidelines). I hope that maybe I can recive some old poetry, but for some reason, I doubt it. . .

Trinity of Light

Sparkly Fairy

Priestess of Neptune
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:09 pm
Delectable. I shall attend to it shortly. Please enjoy your experience here; you might contemplate perusing the works of others in an effort to discover an impetus to continue writing and reading of your own accord.  
Readers' and Writers' Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff