Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheel of Time Guild: Discussion and RP

Back to Guilds

Tags: Wheel of Time, roleplay, fantasy, books, discussion 

Reply -RP- Borderlands
Saldaea Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:43 pm
The man shut the door a bit nervously and turned to watch Kiae with the expression of one who knows he is merely prey. "My name is Gundar," he offered, but she waved a dismissive hand at him.
"Your name does not concern us. I simply wish to know what was stolen and how it came to be," Kiae ordered, turning to stare at him with a calm gaze. The man shivered before sitting down and reaching for a drink he had apparently been in the middle of finishing.
"It was a week ago. A man knocked on my door very early in the morning - I guard the palace at night, you see," Gundar added. "I was half-asleep and didn't know who was at the door that early. I told him to identify himself and he merely laughed. Then the door swung open, breaking my nose." He fingered the appendage wearily, while Kiae noted the crookedness to the bridge.
"What happened then? Did you see what he looked like?" she demanded, prodding him to hurry up.
"He had silver hair - not gray, silver, short. His eyes were stranger still, green with flecks of black floating in it. He wore a cloak and was taller than your Warder," the guard rushed on. "I'm afraid he knocked me unconscious after I saw him. When I woke up, I realized something had been stolen."
"What was it?" Kiae asked through a set jaw.
"An amulet identifying the one who holds it as a member of the palace," he said reluctantly. "Anyone who has it is able to pass through."  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:51 pm
Ethin walked over to the door and opened it. "That will be all, Gundar," he announced gruffly. Ethin waited for Kiae to leave before he followed and shut the door behind him. "We will need to inspect the guard," he said in a whisper.  

Professor Inky
Captain

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:22 pm
Kiae nodded. "I don't believe he's lying, but I don't want to assume anything right now," she agreed, glad their relationship could be dealt with on a professional instead of personal level at the moment. "If that amulet is what the man says it is, this could be disastrous. Esole should definitely know of this and see if any of her contacts can find any more information based on this," she decided, not wanting to face the woman so soon.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:07 pm
Ethin nodded his agreement and steered the pair in the direction of Esole's family's inn. Easar was in his usual spot at the front of the inn. Ethin merely nodded before heading in. "Ah! Ethin and Kiae! You're just in time! Esole just arrived. She's upstairs freshening up in the last room on the right if you'd like to see her," Ezekiel announced from across the room.
"Thank you, Ezekiel," replied Ethin.
"Of course. And if you two are hungry, feel free to come back down for some food on the house," said Ezekiel.
"Will do," Ethin said with a feigned smile. He went over and climbed the stairs, finding Esole's room easily. He opened the door and walked in, not waiting to knock.
"We have some news," Ethin announced.
Esole looked over from the vanity where she was brushing her hair. "Thanks for knocking," she said sarcastically. "What do you have to tell me?" she asked dryly.  

Professor Inky
Captain

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:13 pm
Kiae had remained downstairs and was suddenly aware how uncomfortable she felt being alone in a strange place. "Honestly, an Aes Sedai should be fine!" she scolded herself, feeling childish for wanting her Warder back so soon. She had decided it was easier if she remained away, hoping the conversation between Ethin and Esole would remain civil.
"Would you like something to eat, mi'lady?" Ezekiel asked, appearing at her elbow with a smile on his face. She shook her head, finding she had no appetite.
"Thank you, but no. I will sit, though," she added, smiling when the man quickly pulled a chair out for her. "Esole is lucky to have such a wonderful family, your inn feels like home," Kiae said, trying to make conversation.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:25 pm
"And would you close the door, love? You're letting the cold air in," Esole said over her shoulder.
"I am not your 'love,' Esole," Ethin replied gruffly, shutting the door with his foot.
"It's just a phrase. Light, you'd think I asked you to marry me or something. So anyways, what did you have to tell me?" she said, rolling her eyes at his ridiculousness. Whatever it was he had to tell her, she hoped it was important enough for him to go barging in.
"We met with the guardsman. His amulet that marked him a member of the palace was stolen. That means that the new bearer can waltz right in the place without a second's thought. The thief had silver with black flecks in his eyes" he said wearily.
"How interesting," she replied, running her brush through her hair in delicate strokes. "We will identify him this evening," she continued nonchalantly.
"What do you mean we will see him tonight?" Ethin asked incredulously.
"There will be a guards' precession tonight with the queen to show how she is 'cracking down' on all the odd things that have been happening of late," replied Esole.
"I must inform Kiae. Thank you for the news," he said, rushing through the door and down to the common room where Kiae was. He sat next to her at the table she was at and nodded to Ezekiel and informed Kiae of the precession that would be taking place.  

Professor Inky
Captain

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:29 pm
Kiae groaned and covered her eyes with her hand. "Light, this is even worse than I thought. I was hoping to catch Erasmus, but if he's going to make an attempt on the queen's life tonight we might have no choice but to kill him. There's no possible way any of the guardsmen will stand a chance if he is one of Reider's compatriots."
She sighed and glanced over at Esole's father. "Sir, why would they hold a procession at night?" she asked. "Isn't that a bit odd?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:32 pm
"Under different circumstances, it would be odd. But with the city astir over the strange occurrences lately, people have been very scared. As a show of safety and strength, the queen will be parading through the city with her guard to quell the peoples' fears," Ezekiel responded.
"That makes a lot of sense. We have to be there to make sure nothing happens to the queen," Ethin announced.  

Professor Inky
Captain

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:35 pm
"Of course we have to. And she has no idea Aes Sedai are in the city, so at least we have the element of surprise. A bit," she amended, sure that Erasmus knew they were there. "How long is the procession, sir? And if you have a map and know the route, that would be a great help," Kiae added to Ezekiel.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:41 pm
"Of course. Anything for a friend of Esole's," Ezekiel replied with a grin. "Chel!" he shouted, turning around to see Esole's brother's head pop out of the pantry.
"Yes father?" Chel responded.
"Fetch me the map from the back room, please," he asked. Chel nodded and disappeared. He came back a minute later bearing a large map. He spread it across the table and returned to the pantry.
Ezekiel grabbed a writing utensil from his coat pocket and began drawing the route on the map. "I've marked the route the precession will take. It will commence at dusk and end at midnight," he said, stowing away his quill and ink bottle.  

Professor Inky
Captain

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:43 pm
Kiae examined it carefully, relieved to see that the queen had enough sense to stay out of narrow streets and stay on the main thoroughfare through the city. "The Foregate," she suggested, her finger resting on the map. "Erasmus could very well strike there. If Reider is indicative of how the Hand behaves, he will pick a dramatic spot and make a scene. The Foregate is sure to be one of the most crowded areas on the route."
She sighed and rested her chin in her hand. "What a horrible mess this is turning out to be," she muttered to herself.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:43 pm
Ethin nodded in agreement. "Do you know of any other Aes Sedai in the city, Ezekiel? We will need as much assistance as possible controlling this situation," Ethin said, deep in thought about tactical plans. "You and Esole should find positions above ground level - a balcony or second floor window. If Esole's brothers would like to participate, they can assist me on the street," he continued quietly, almost to himself. He was lost in thought about their tactical advantage, both in knowing the enemy's route and having the element of surprise.  

Professor Inky
Captain

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:38 pm
Kiae frowned down at the map. "It all seems too easy. I had thought the Hand was more devious, far more cautious, but these actions are sloppier than anything the New Order has done," she thought, but dismissed her worrying as paranoia. She nodded, hearing Ethin's suggestion. "That is a sound idea," she agreed.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:03 pm
Esole shook her head as Ethin departed. "What am I going to do with those two?" she muttered with a sigh. She put down her brush and smoothed her dress before going downstairs to join the others.
"So what has come of the news we both have? What shall we do?" Esole asked.  

Professor Inky
Captain

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:51 am
Kiae looked up briefly before glancing over at Ethin. "Ethin has formed a tactical plan for us to defend during the procession tonight," she said shortly, leaving it up to her Warder to explain the rest.  
-RP- Borderlands

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff