Poll
  *nomnomnom* GOLD!
View Results

Professor Inky
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:15 pm
Watching Wedding Crashes. Very stupid but I find it funny smile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:07 am
I've never seen that one. It's one of the many movies Alex is going to make me watch.  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
  • Flatterer 200

Professor Inky
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:33 pm
Haha tell me what you think smile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:44 pm
I thought it was a great movie.  

Zombie Mark

Professor Inky
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:23 am
I loved the ending. I thought it was cute.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:00 pm
Saw G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra the other day. Good movie, but not great. I didn't expect much, but got more then I expected.

In all, I'd give it about a 3 1/2 out of 5.

(warning Spoilers in White Text below here: If you don't want to know, don't read it.)

So, What did I like about the movie;

1) They came up with a good storyline that was (somewhat) believable.
2) Great action in the movie, but plenty of storyline as well.
3) Had a lot of comedy in there as well.

What I didn't like about it;
1) The storyline tied in too perfectly (most of the hero's had a "past" with the villains)
2) Cobra wasn't introduced until the very end (even though he'd been shown through the whole movie) and he came off extremely week.
3) Though they did do a lot of backstory, it was a little too much too soon. If they had waited on the white ninja and introduced him in the second movie, then that would have made for a better story line and not have made this one feel so rushed (for me at lest).
4) It tied too much at the end of the movie, three of the villains were in jail, one dead, and one gets away free without anyone knowing he was even gone (but you got one final glimpse at him.)
5) Some of the actors where out of their rang of acting. (and others where just doing horrible acting.)

All in all, not a bad action flick, but I left it wanting more from it.

And from the movie news front, they will be making a GI Joe 2, now in script writing. Maybe they can come out with a great movie now that the characters have already been introduced, but not holding my breath. Still, I fell that Rise of Cobra is worth watching (maybe renting).  

Zombie Mark

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:57 pm
I want to see it. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:52 am
I also saw Peter Jackson's District 9 last night. No spoilers this time (as it would take way too much time to even try to explain anything), but I will say this. You must be a fan of SciFi to like it.

Most people I talked to about it, before last night, were split on it. Some said it was the worst movie ever made, others said the greatest movie ever made. I thought it great, like Schindler's List meets The Fly. Watch it and decide for yourself.  

Zombie Mark

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:49 pm
I've never even heard of it before, to be honest. I'm not too much into sci-fi movies - I like books, but movies are sometimes harder for me to follow.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:04 pm
I can't wait to see District 9 =] also, I think I'm gonna go watch Inglourious Basterds tomorrow. It looks like it's gonna be fantastic, and I want to be a part of that opening week box office.

Recently, I've watched Lord of War for the first time. It was AMAZING. I loved every minute of that movie, even as I recognized some chilling little pieces of myself in Nicholas Cages' character D=  

CR Kyrie

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:05 pm
I'm not a fan of Brad Pitt, so Inglourious Bastards is way off my 'watch' list. And I'm not sure about District 9 - I might just wait until it comes to the drive-in we have.

What's Lord of the War about? I don't recognize the title.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:41 pm
Lord of War was good. It's about an arms dealer from America that would travel the world to third world countries to sell guns while staying one step ahead of the FBI and other such groups. It's based off a real story. Been a while since I saw it, but it's still a good movie.  

Zombie Mark

Zombie Mark

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:30 pm
I'm putting this here cause I'm not sure where else to put it. If you've read the movie thread in the Unreal guild, you know I'm a Marvel movie/comics fan. Well, today it was announced the Marvel has sold out to Disney for $4 Billion Dollars. Here's some of the links with the news.

Commingsoon.net
EW.com
Filmonic.com
screenrant.com

So far, the good news out of this buyout is that Disney isn't closing marvel down and has plans to make new Spiderman/F4/X-Men/other shows through Pixar.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:28 pm
I dunno....Disney/Pixar doing Marvel movies?

I have a horrible, horrible, gut-wrenching feeling about this.  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

Zombie Mark

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:10 pm
Trust me, your not the only one. I'm just being hopeful. I have friends who are life time (and I mean in the 30s) Marvel fans that have now stopped buying the comics just because of this buyout.  
Chatterbox

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff