Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
Introduce Yourself Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WebenBanu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:15 pm
Hello everyone!

I usually go by "Banu," though I don't mind being called by my full username, "Weben," or a lot of other things so long as they're not derogatory... or are at least clever and amusing if they are. wink I'm a Kemetic Reconstructionist Pagan, so most of my posts will probably be coming from that perspective- it's the one which has resonated best with my personal experience and style, though it's certainly not the only good option out there. I spent a few years as a self-styled Wiccan, until enough Egyptian gods introduced Themselves into my life that I started looking for a culturally appropriate way of responding to Them and gradually wandered into recon territory. I am fascinated by magical theory- not just heka (an ancient Egyptian concept roughly analogous to magic), but schools of magical thought from every corner and continent. I don't claim to be an expert on any of them, just an interested reader. I primarily focus on heka in my personal practice, but am happy to discuss any style so long as I have something to contribute to the conversation.

I am not currently a member of this guild, but thought I'd post an intro since I've commented on a few threads.

I hope that helps, and if there's anything else you'd like to know feel free to PM me. I do better at fielding questions than holding forth on my own, anyway.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:36 pm
My name is Mathew Sarpraicone, I am 18 years old, going to college, I study Psionics, I also do alot of sword fighting I am pretty decent at it, came in 3rd at a Sword Fighting Tournament, I am also a Wrestler, if you wish to know more send me a message.  

Nakamura Stark

Tethys of Titans

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:33 pm
Hey, Tethys here. I'm curently fifteen years old and have been interested in all things paranormal for the majority of my life. I was brought up to be very open minded, despite being in a very "Southern Baptist" neighborhood. Driven by my natural curiosity, I've only been really researching different religions, the occult, and paranormal activities for a year or two. I'm also a second degree black belt in tae kwon do and enjoy writing. I can't wait to learn so much, and hopefully this guild will help me.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:45 pm
My name is Patrick and I am 23 years old. I have loved the paranormal for as long as I can remember. I have gone to many places and seen many books but none of them are what I am looking for. I actually really dont know what I am trying to find but I kinda will know when I find it. Right now I have reading and studying things about shamanism. Such as spirit animals and the like.  

Brass Goggles

Fiennty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:27 pm
I'm eighteen years old. A full-time college student who enjoys structure, learning, cigarettes, drinking, parties, animals, dogs, drugs, and metaphysical concepts.

That sums up my personality.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:11 am
Not sure how active this place is...

But I'm Frater Libertas ex Ligatio (L.e.L. for short), probationer of the G.'.D.'. as started by S.L. Mathers. I'm 18 years old. My interest in the occult has always been present, as well as on easterm systems, most notably, Vajrayana Buddhism. I blend everything together in one, mostly practice Ceremonial Magick as of right now. I have practiced and attempted to live by many different religious codes (Judaism, fundamentalist christanity, roman catholicism, Sikhi, Buddhism, Hinduism, Wicca, ... I think that includes the list) and none of them have brought me joy, and only bound me - until I found Thelema. So religiously, i am Thelemite. That does not mean, however, i let my Thelemic view tamper and corrupt my G.'.D.'. practices in anyway ( a la the Thelemic Order of the GD does. no offense).

So, here's the uh tl;dr version:

- male
-tried many religions, Thelemite for the longest
- Probationer of the G.'.D.'.
- 2nd degree in the Order of DeMolay, have served as a Senior Deacon in '07
- Own many occult books, including: John Dee's 5 books of mystery, The training and work of an initiate, Secrets of a Golden Dawn Temple (2 volumes), The Golden Dawn, Self-initiation into the Golden Dawn, The Book of the Law... and others.
- Willing to do Tarot readings for free
- Served in the US military with 2-39th Infantry, and 1-78th field artillery

LVX,
Fr. L.e.L.  

PrayThatThisEnds

PrayThatThisEnds

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:20 am
Nakamura Vega
My name is Mathew Sarpraicone, I am 18 years old, going to college, I study Psionics, I also do alot of sword fighting I am pretty decent at it, came in 3rd at a Sword Fighting Tournament, I am also a Wrestler, if you wish to know more send me a message.

Remind me to kick you in the nuts for posting your last name on a public forum.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:44 pm
hi my name is gotres
i am a telepath/phychic and healer i have a room in paltalk with a friend of mine who is a phychic

i dont know very much about paranormal stuff and magic but i am willing to learn as i am studying metaphysics  

gotres lockhart

5,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

PrayThatThisEnds

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:32 pm
gotres lockhart
hi my name is gotres
i am a telepath/phychic and healer i have a room in paltalk with a friend of mine who is a phychic

i dont know very much about paranormal stuff and magic but i am willing to learn as i am stadying mataphysics

If you do not know how to spell what you are doing correctly, here it is:
- pyschic
- telepathic
- studying
- metephysics

By chance, are you dyslexic?

Serious question.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:12 pm
PrayThatThisEnds
gotres lockhart
hi my name is gotres

i dont know very much about paranormal stuff and magic but i am willing to learn as i am stadying mataphysics

- pyschic
- telepathic
- studying
- metephysics

Serious question.
little dyslexic yep plus sticky keys.....
plus i do the diffrence between useing telepathic and telepath in a sentence.if i was to say i am telepathic i would use telepathic but seeing as i said i am a (i used telepath)

as for metaphychsics you spelt it wrong

as for studing i did spell it wroung
and psychic you spelt wroung yourself and i did

i had to go see if i was spelling it right  

gotres lockhart

5,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:05 am
gotres lockhart
PrayThatThisEnds
gotres lockhart
hi my name is gotres

- pyschic
- telepathic
- studying
- metephysics

Serious question.
little dyslexic yep plus sticky keys.....
plus i do the diffrence between useing telepathic and telepath in a sentence.if i was to say i am telepathic i would use telepathic but seeing as i said i am a (i used telepath)

as for metaphychsics you spelt it wrong

as for studing i did spell it wroung
and psychic you spelt wroung yourself and i did

i had to go see if i was spelling it right

As I understand it, the new versions of Firefox have a built in spellchecker which you can use (although I must not have installed that particular feature since I can't find it anywhere in my own browser). You could also look into How To Install the Spellbound Spellchecker in older versions of Firefox. Many people's perceptions of you and your contributions will be coloured by how well you spell; Dyslexia is obviously debilitating in that respect, but those who don't know about your condition may be quick to dismiss you for it. Caveat typor.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:12 pm
Sorry I didn't get to this sooner, I'm a student in Highschool. I enjoy Psychology, and will most likely bring it up in posts. I havn't dabbled much into the specifics of The Occult. Though it is and always was very interesting to me. The interest got sparked again by one of my Psychology teachers, who also is very interested in it, and told me about Parapsychology, which studies how the occult effects the mental process. Finding out it was actually a job (Which pays horribly I might add. D: ) made me think about directing myself into that area of study. Which is still the direction I plan to go.  

Careening Into Caffeine

Teh Bloody Princess

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:25 pm
Set a seal upon my heart...

Hey, my name is Jacqui. I'm 18 years old and I have been pagan for about five year but I am still learning about it. I've recently found that I can communicate with spirits and animals...Not in a Doctor Dolittle way but I can still understand them...it's weird...
I have met one of my spirit guides and I was suprised at the form in which he appeared but non the less he is very important

...love is as strong as death.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:45 pm
You can call me Diana. I chose my avatar name based on my two favorite Goddesses, the roman Diana and the Ancient Ishtar. I really know very little of any religion or mythology but I love to learn. Growing up I heard about God everywhere and was afraid of him because I saw him as a judging figure and that I was evil.

My first real religious experiences were when I was 14. The first one is when the concept of the Goddess first entered my mind. For me the Goddess then was just nature and that she did not love me or any one else she only accepts and cares about balance. I have evolved my view of her to being the whole universe and that I am as much the Goddess as anyone of you are. Because of my views I know I am Pagan, I just don't know what path.

My second religious experience is one I find a little odd. I used to hear a voice in my mind while I tried to sleep, always calling for me. I dismissed it as my imagination untill one night. So some reason I dicided to ask the vioce if it was "my alter ego". The response was the feeling of yes. Ever since I have tried to keep aware of this darker self, while at the same time becoming that other me. But that's who I am if anyone is reading this.  

Diana Ishtar

Shaman Fox

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:43 am
Hello yall im Fox - I was introduces into Occult Researching and the Supernatural though my late grate ant - She was a wold traveler and a collector of oddities -

Iv always had a curiosity with it all even before i discovered my ant's research. I now craft protection charms and investigate paranormal Occult Phenomena around the Us and wold.
Im open minded o every belief and theory - Im active in the practices or Shamanism

Im also a treasure ( or sorts - like a collector of Antique/ rare artifacts) such as the 300 year old tibetan scroll i found in a statue of buddha. There is still allot i want /need to learn so i cant wait to talk to every one - Peace  
The Occult Research Society

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff