Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles Discussion:: Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Think it'll be worth it?
  Yes!!!!
  Pffft. Enough with this foolishness.
  Haven't made up my mind yet.
View Results

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:57 pm
SaintChaos
On a side note, I love Billy. He's just pretty cool to me, never cared for Barry though or understand the huge hype about him lol.

Oh, no the ******** you didn't! talk2hand Huh? "Huge hype" surrounding Barry? I wish. s**t, I should be so lucky. Then they might actually put Barry in another frikkin' game. Barry has a very small, cult following if anything. I'm more of a fan of Barry's incarnation in the original Resident Evil (a game which I'm pretty sure you haven't played) in full badass, cheesy-line glory. They also removed Barry's character completely from the the Mansion Incident in Umbrella Chronicles, and he was one of the survivors! Yet we still got Billy in all his douchebag glory in the RE0 scenario. Capcom probably didn't deem Barry worthy, because he's not some emo pretty boy who would be appearing on the cover of the next issue of Teen Heartthrob Magazine alongside Leon and Billy.

P.S. ******** Billy; Billy sucks.

3nodding

SaintChaos
I really resent the game as a rail shooter though. Why can't they just make it the way they did with RE 4 for the Wii in the since that yeah, still over the shoulder, but YOU had complete control of the character? At least that would be more tangible then a House of the Dead styled RE game >_> whyyyyyyyyyy Capcom whyyyyyy?

Because the previous games in the series that Darkside Chronicles covers contain zombies and Umbrella as the main enemy, not RE4 Las Plagas. Zombies are slow-moving, and don't do anything but walk into you and bite. They don't use weapons or climb or anything like that. If it played like RE4/5, it would be boring as hell, and you'd walk right through it. If it played like the classic Resident Evil games, it wouldn't be boring, and you'd still have complete control over your character model.

SaintChaos
gonk I have to agree with Strangah on page 4 though (still trying to get through the pages) if they're going to do a remake of something, then they should actually REmake it! Come on Capcom seriously....stop cheapifying the classics!

Wait... didn't you just say you wanted it to play like RE4?

SaintChaos
Huh? What do you mean "threw them in" ? Leon and Krauser were never in the 5th game O_o In fact I haven't heard anything about Krauser since RE 4 and the only thing in relation to Leon is when they constantly bring up the "Kennedy Report" and "Las Plagas".

Um, yes. I know that. The background of that screenshot with Leon and Krauser that Canas posted looks a lot like the Kijuju setting of RE5 to me. So, it looks as though they threw Leon and Krauser in RE5. And I believe the "Kennedy Report" is only mentioned once.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:16 pm
Thee Stranger
SaintChaos
On a side note, I love Billy. He's just pretty cool to me, never cared for Barry though or understand the huge hype about him lol.

Oh, no the ******** you didn't! talk2hand Huh? "Huge hype" surrounding Barry? I wish. s**t, I should be so lucky. Then they might actually put Barry in another frikkin' game. Barry has a very small, cult following if anything. I'm more of a fan of Barry's incarnation in the original Resident Evil (a game which I'm pretty sure you haven't played) in full badass, cheesy-line glory. They also removed Barry's character completely from the the Mansion Incident in Umbrella Chronicles, and he was one of the survivors! Yet we still got Billy in all his douchebag glory in the RE0 scenario. Capcom probably didn't deem Barry worthy, because he's not some emo pretty boy who would be appearing on the cover of the next issue of Teen Heartthrob Magazine alongside Leon and Billy.

P.S. ******** Billy; Billy sucks.

3nodding

SaintChaos
I really resent the game as a rail shooter though. Why can't they just make it the way they did with RE 4 for the Wii in the since that yeah, still over the shoulder, but YOU had complete control of the character? At least that would be more tangible then a House of the Dead styled RE game >_> whyyyyyyyyyy Capcom whyyyyyy?

Because the previous games in the series that Darkside Chronicles covers contain zombies and Umbrella as the main enemy, not RE4 Las Plagas. Zombies are slow-moving, and don't do anything but walk into you and bite. They don't use weapons or climb or anything like that. If it played like RE4/5, it would be boring as hell, and you'd walk right through it. If it played like the classic Resident Evil games, it wouldn't be boring, and you'd still have complete control over your character model.

SaintChaos
gonk I have to agree with Strangah on page 4 though (still trying to get through the pages) if they're going to do a remake of something, then they should actually REmake it! Come on Capcom seriously....stop cheapifying the classics!

Wait... didn't you just say you wanted it to play like RE4?

SaintChaos
Huh? What do you mean "threw them in" ? Leon and Krauser were never in the 5th game O_o In fact I haven't heard anything about Krauser since RE 4 and the only thing in relation to Leon is when they constantly bring up the "Kennedy Report" and "Las Plagas".

Um, yes. I know that. The background of that screenshot with Leon and Krauser that Canas posted looks a lot like the Kijuju setting of RE5 to me. So, it looks as though they threw Leon and Krauser in RE5. And I believe the "Kennedy Report" is only mentioned once.

wo i forgot about this thread. i usually bookmark the threads i comment in in case someone replies...my bad. lets see here. if you think Billy sucks then thats your business lol. I don't care. Reason I said "hype around Barry" because its seems people talk a lot ABOUT him in this guild from what I've noticed so far. *shrugs* And yes "the ******** I did" wink

As regarding your rail shooting comment, yeah that makes sense. I neglected the fact that the zombies in the first occuring games are more of the "braaaaaaaaaaaains" slow mo type haha. But still I hate rail shooters to begin with at least outside of an arcade environment. But since you said that maybe its not so bad now that i think about it lol. I wont' resent as much now xD I'm still going to watch my friend play it though.

What I meant by completely control is that, well in Umbrella Chronicles the game moved the character for you and all you had to do was aim and shoot. In RE 4 FOR THE WII, I'm not talking about the PS2 version, but they let you control the character AND aim and shoot and that's what I meant by "complete control". It doesn't have to be over the shoulder I guess, but I'd just rather be in full control you know? I don't' want the damn game to move for me.

As for your Leon and Krauser comment.........oh....lol sorry I misunderstood what you were getting at. But yes the Kennedy report is mentioned in the 5th game.  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:43 pm
Did I just hear that Barry was neglected in the Umbrella Chronicles game? What...? gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:44 pm
SaintChaos
wo i forgot about this thread. i usually bookmark the threads i comment in in case someone replies...my bad. lets see here. if you think Billy sucks then thats your business lol. I don't care. Reason I said "hype around Barry" because its seems people talk a lot ABOUT him in this guild from what I've noticed so far. *shrugs* And yes "the ******** I did" wink

This:

User Image

I rest my case.

SaintChaos
As regarding your rail shooting comment, yeah that makes sense. I neglected the fact that the zombies in the first occuring games are more of the "braaaaaaaaaaaains" slow mo type haha. But still I hate rail shooters to begin with at least outside of an arcade environment. But since you said that maybe its not so bad now that i think about it lol. I wont' resent as much now xD I'm still going to watch my friend play it though.

'Kay.

SaintChaos
What I meant by completely control is that, well in Umbrella Chronicles the game moved the character for you and all you had to do was aim and shoot. In RE 4 FOR THE WII, I'm not talking about the PS2 version, but they let you control the character AND aim and shoot and that's what I meant by "complete control". It doesn't have to be over the shoulder I guess, but I'd just rather be in full control you know? I don't' want the damn game to move for me.

Um, what difference does that make? You control the character AND aim and shoot in every console, PC, whatever version of RE4 they ever made.  

Thee Stranger

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:01 pm
Thee Stranger
SaintChaos

This:

User Image

I rest my case.

SaintChaos

'Kay.

SaintChaos

Um, what difference does that make? You control the character AND aim and shoot in every console, PC, whatever version of RE4 they ever made.

a picture of a photo shopped emo leon......whats the point that's trying to be made? and okay...still not getting what im talking about on character control. what im saying is, is if they made the Wii version of RE 4 with the same type of character control they did for the PS 2 version, they should do the SAME for the Wii version of RE 2 remake. all in all, i just dont want them doing it in 1st person....  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:26 pm
SaintChaos
a picture of a photo shopped emo leon......whats the point that's trying to be made? and okay...still not getting what im talking about on character control. what im saying is, is if they made the Wii version of RE 4 with the same type of character control they did for the PS 2 version, they should do the SAME for the Wii version of RE 2 remake. all in all, i just dont want them doing it in 1st person....

User Image  

Thee Stranger

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:12 pm
Thee Stranger
SaintChaos

User Image

either i completely missed something or...........whats is the point of posting those pictures? confused

[Edit] Although I have to admit, GOD that's funny. Leon with booby pecks XD hahaha

and damn I double posted. ugh had to delete it my bad  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:13 pm
Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles is going to be awesome. Leon Kennedy with the camo clothes in the trailer, he looks cool. I even was surprised and excited that Jack Krauser is in the game. Leon & Krauser Rules mrgreen
User Image

Guitar Hero King

7,625 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:34 pm
That pic was already posted last page or two pages ago, one of them... I still like it though. As long as it's not Leon doing some ridiculous Neo-move, I'm cool with it.

Also, notice what gun he's got. H&K VP70, anyone? 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:44 pm
Just watched an extensive trailer tease of DSC and I didn't realize till now that its not only a remake of RE2, but also of Code Veronica. Someone posted a screenshot of a Wesker's apperance in the game I guess from a trailer they were watching of the game in some dark room at some convention or something. Oh my god I can't WAIT till this freaking game comes out!

Edited by Canas Renvall. Spoilers!  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:36 pm
Really? It was announced at least 5 or 6 months ago that it would be both... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:25 am
Canas Renvall
Really? It was announced at least 5 or 6 months ago that it would be both... sweatdrop

Yeah I know....so sue me I haven't kept a bunch of tabs on it. I just happen to find stuff every now and then. I can barely get out of the house as it is seeing as I can't drive my car because of no insurance >_> Its just one of "obvious" things that you happen to miss. And sorry about the spoiler thingy. Didn't think it was a spoiler O.o Actually come to think of it, last time I talked about the game with a friend of mine, I thought it had already come out because I had heard about it for so long now. lol oops?  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:50 pm
Well, it has come out in a trailer, but it's mostly for people who are on a total media blackout or who want to have some surprises in the game. razz  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff