Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
So, why are you unafraid of dying? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Freebird4077

Dapper Sex Symbol

11,500 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:06 pm
I fear death. Most people, in fact, everyone I know who don't fear death are Christians.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:39 pm
Id like to say Im not scared of dying... but Im pretty sure Ill be scared shitless when it comes to it.
But just the thought of my body being around, without me controlling it, thinking inside of it, being able to change my facial expression... creeeeeps me out. Like some rag doll. ack
domokun
idk Its really weird. I try not to think about it. But it is going to happen... so like others have said, no point worrying about it until it happens.

blindwolf

Zekeachu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:54 am
I do fear death. You see, I sorta' like living. After about thirteen years straight of it, it sticks on you. But, I suppose when I DO die I won't know it, nor realize just how bad it sucks. So, I do fear death, but in the end I guess I wont. :U  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:34 pm
I am afraid of death, and I try not to die. A religious person believes that however badly they are treated by their superiors, they will live a good afterlife if they are obedient and follow the rules. This is the reason religions are started; to control the peasant population and avoid rebellion.

A non-religious person will try to change things during life because they know that after death they will not be able to.

Dark Pieman

[Angry Masturbation]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:58 pm

Basically, I don't fear death because I know there won't be anything waiting for me afterwards. I don't have to fear any sort of Hell...and sure, there's no Heaven or reincarnation waiting for me either, but it's not like I'm not going to be around to mope about it once it happens. 'I was dead for millions of years before I was born and it never inconvenienced me a bit.'

Dying is what I fear, as it's often slow and painful and horribly frightening, not to mention gut-wrenching and guilt-inducing if you've got to lie back and watch your loved ones cry for you...when it comes down to it, I don't want to die.

It suddenly struck me just how stupid and pointless it is for me to be as adverse to the idea of being cremated or embalmed as I am...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:13 pm
I am very terrified about the end of my existance, but I accept it as a part of life. Just like I didn't exist before I popped out of my mom, I won't exist afterwards.

>_> I feel very uneasy when I think about dying, which is why I don't do that very often. I'd like to live my life like it doesn't matter. I hope to die happy and leave a lasting impression on those around me.

Or die the leader of the Republic of North America. >:3  

Covered-Up Boxers

Levis Pennae

Dapper Citizen

6,400 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:11 pm
I do not fear death, nor do I want to die. Death will come anyway, no point helping it along or prolonging it, for death cannot be defeated (believe me, Thor tried).  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:02 pm
Im not afraid because death is a natural part of life and I accept that.  

Black Ice Anti-Hero

Versatile Lunatic

Koravin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:31 pm
I believe in reincarnation.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:41 am
I'm not all that afraid of dying for myself, that's easy to do and I don't fear heaven or hell. I am afraid of dying and leaving my loved ones alone and making them suffer the pain of grieving.  

Lunar Falcon

Reichkovich

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:16 pm
I suggest everyone reads Tuesdays with Morrie.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:47 pm
I'm not afriad of dying. I'd be sad, bacause I'd be leaving everybody I love behind though.  

Doctor Salt

Ninyaruto

Dapper Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:20 pm
I'm not afraid of being dead, but the little translation period known as 'death' sounds like it might hurt.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:11 am
Death as it is, is okay, and I accept it as the price to pay for being able to live. However I fear the dying part (unless it happens in my sleep -booya!) and if I have to leave loved ones behind. This is out of experience because many people around me lost their loved ones and I see how, even years after, it hurts to speak of it. Knowing I will never give them the relief they want to (no matter whether there is life after death or not), it would hurt me a lot before...probably forgetting them all and becoming nothing.  

sugarwing

Superior Jazz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:19 am
I am not afraid of dying. Death itself does not scare me.
I am concerned, yes, of leaving everyone else behind... I am concerned with not being able to protect the ones I love.
But Death itself? No. I am unafraid of the Grim Reaper.
He will come for me eventually.
Sometimes, I scare people with my cold, unfeeling lack of fear of death.

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff