Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
What could ruin Resident Evil? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Could Resident Evil ever be ruined?
  Yes
  Never
  Resident Evil 4
  Resident Evil Movies
  Other reason
View Results

Altare92

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:46 pm
it could be ruined, but even if that happened I would still play  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:59 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
First of all, Ark did get his own game... And it wasn't him that ruined it it was bad gameplay and horrible voice acting...
Secondly, I loved the movies, so I don't care what you people say. Anderson did a better job that anyone else would have.
Third, I agree with monkey girl, the merchant thing scared me like, "RE is not an RPG!"
Also I hate all caps lock, so I'll just fix that...
Carry on.
i'm going to have to disagree with you. Anyone who has played the games and knows how to keep it movie style (shorter yet most of the story) could have done it better. If they had made the first movie off of the first game without one of the main characters being locked up the entire time, meaning they both explore the mansion, the movie would have been way better.  

taylortenacity

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:08 pm
KonPhusionStar
Biohazard EXTREME
First of all, Ark did get his own game... And it wasn't him that ruined it it was bad gameplay and horrible voice acting...
Secondly, I loved the movies, so I don't care what you people say. Anderson did a better job that anyone else would have.
Third, I agree with monkey girl, the merchant thing scared me like, "RE is not an RPG!"
Carry on.
i'm going to have to disagree with you. Anyone who has played the games and knows how to keep it movie style (shorter yet most of the story) could have done it better. If they had made the first movie off of the first game without one of the main characters being locked up the entire time, meaning they both explore the mansion, the movie would have been way better.
But you'd still know that Wesker was the traitor, that Barry was being manipulated and that in the end, they'd escape in the helicopter safely while the mansion blows up.
Not only that, but with the game, it's like... you have control of your character. Then you'd see the character do something in the movie and it would be like, "No, you idiot! Don't do that! I would have done it differently!" you know? There's a set amount of choices given to you in the game that give you control over the character, and so, aside from the cinematics and the main storyline, you literally make the game yourself: "I'm not gonna open that door first, I'll open this one." or "I'm not gonna bother with that item, cause an enemy is gonna attack me." or whatever. You know? Seeing something that used to be completely interactive, and then not having that interactivity can ruin the experience.
In fact, making the movie based on the game has more potential for turning out bad than good. At least in the current case we have an original storyline set in a different reality. If the movies were based on the games, the fans would only get that much more picky about little details. There's other reasons I could list, but I'm not gonna bother. I'll just leave it at this. Making the movies based on the games could have ruined Resident Evil.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:39 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
KonPhusionStar
Biohazard EXTREME
Carry on.
But you'd still know that Wesker was the traitor, that Barry was being manipulated and that in the end, they'd escape in the helicopter safely while the mansion blows up.
Not only that, but with the game, it's like... you have control of your character. Then you'd see the character do something in the movie and it would be like, "No, you idiot! Don't do that! I would have done it differently!" you know? There's a set amount of choices given to you in the game that give you control over the character, and so, aside from the cinematics and the main storyline, you literally make the game yourself: "I'm not gonna open that door first, I'll open this one." or "I'm not gonna bother with that item, cause an enemy is gonna attack me." or whatever. You know? Seeing something that used to be completely interactive, and then not having that interactivity can ruin the experience.
In fact, making the movie based on the game has more potential for turning out bad than good. At least in the current case we have an original storyline set in a different reality. If the movies were based on the games, the fans would only get that much more picky about little details. There's other reasons I could list, but I'm not gonna bother. I'll just leave it at this. Making the movies based on the games could have ruined Resident Evil.
I see what you are saying, but still I would rather have it based on the mansion story. I really liked it the best because it was so good. Like if the movie went like this.

It shows Bravo Team Flying into Arklay Mountains. There is a conversation between the crew about what's going on so that the viewer knows why they are going there. And when they land they get attacked. This can be the prologue.

Then the actual movie starts out in Raccoon City. Introducing the characters one by one. Then after about 10 minutes of dialog Alpha Team goes to search for Bravo Team. Then Joseph gets eaten and they run from the dogs and kill a few. Then Barry holds them off while Jill, Chris, and Wesker go inside the mansion.

Chris and Jill can go search side by side and probably will split up durring the movie soon so that Jill can find Barry and that Chris will find Rebecca.

And in the movie we could see what Wesker is doing the whole time. He can be with other Umbrella members doing things and then have a flash back of what wasn't in the movie like how the T-Virus started and all.

I know this kind of sounds stupid and all how basically it's the same thing but they COULD change some stuff. Like when Jill is about to get crushed she saves her self and you could be like "WHAT KNOW WAY WHERE'S BARRY!?" and then they switch scenes and Wesker is watching Jill and threatens Barry's family so he won't go save her.

They could still have the same story line and change events while making the movie good.

But the thing about making a movie different from a game is when they put a game character in to that movie's entire different storyline can mess up the story. Like how Nicoli (sorry don't know how to spell it) gets eaten by the dogs instead of a Licker or instead of someone fighting him in the helicopter. And kind of how Carlos doesn't have his accent. I prefer original game resident evil story better.  

taylortenacity

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:58 pm
KonPhusionStar
I see what you are saying, but still I would rather have it based on the mansion story. I really liked it the best because it was so good. Like if the movie went like this.

It shows Bravo Team Flying into Arklay Mountains. There is a conversation between the crew about what's going on so that the viewer knows why they are going there. And when they land they get attacked. This can be the prologue.

Then the actual movie starts out in Raccoon City. Introducing the characters one by one. Then after about 10 minutes of dialog Alpha Team goes to search for Bravo Team. Then Joseph gets eaten and they run from the dogs and kill a few. Then Barry holds them off while Jill, Chris, and Wesker go inside the mansion.

Chris and Jill can go search side by side and probably will split up durring the movie soon so that Jill can find Barry and that Chris will find Rebecca.

And in the movie we could see what Wesker is doing the whole time. He can be with other Umbrella members doing things and then have a flash back of what wasn't in the movie like how the T-Virus started and all.

I know this kind of sounds stupid and all how basically it's the same thing but they COULD change some stuff. Like when Jill is about to get crushed she saves her self and you could be like "WHAT KNOW WAY WHERE'S BARRY!?" and then they switch scenes and Wesker is watching Jill and threatens Barry's family so he won't go save her.

They could still have the same story line and change events while making the movie good.

But the thing about making a movie different from a game is when they put a game character in to that movie's entire different storyline can mess up the story. Like how Nicoli (sorry don't know how to spell it) gets eaten by the dogs instead of a Licker or instead of someone fighting him in the helicopter. And kind of how Carlos doesn't have his accent. I prefer original game resident evil story better.

Well, like I always say. Don't complain about Anderson on that aspect. Complain to all the fans who complained that the first RE movie didn't have any game characters. Anderson simply wanted the best of both worlds. Did I like it? Yes. Nicholai actally died a hero instead of a scmbag villain. (It wasn't a licker that kills him in the game but Nemesis, by the way. And either way, as far as the storyline goes, he does survive.)  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:42 am
Biohazard EXTREME
KonPhusionStar

Well, like I always say. Don't complain about Anderson on that aspect. Complain to all the fans who complained that the first RE movie didn't have any game characters. Anderson simply wanted the best of both worlds. Did I like it? Yes. Nicholai actally died a hero instead of a scmbag villain. (It wasn't a licker that kills him in the game but Nemesis, by the way. And either way, as far as the storyline goes, he does survive.)
ya i liked the first one too but it's number 2 that disappointed me, and it looked like a licker when i played, maybe i'm just too used to REmake's graphics, but 1 was still a good movie  

taylortenacity

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:17 pm
KonPhusionStar
ya i liked the first one too but it's number 2 that disappointed me, and it looked like a licker when i played, maybe i'm just too used to REmake's graphics, but 1 was still a good movie

I don't know how it could have looked like a licker, since you didn't see what it was. Though I can see how you could mistake Nemesis' tentacle for a licker's tongue.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:50 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
MilitantClockwork
But flogging the dead horse is our job... would you rather we go out and pick a fresh live one? That'd just be more cruel than blaming someone for faults and spilling our contempt unto him.
And I'm not even a horse-person. xd

Crushing bias aside, I really can't list any more things. I mean, the last games and other media had some things in them that made me want to break a board over the heads of Capcom and any other party involved.

Though I will admit I'm kind of giddy about Umbrella Chronicals... even if I don't own or intend to buy a Wii just yet. (Low Budget...I've spent so much on my PS2 and Gamecube as it is.)

You watch what you say. Before long, this dead horse will turn into a zombie and chew your guts out.
Zombie chewing on zombie...that somehow sound slike a fetish more than it does a threat to make me shut my mouth. xd

Having said that, carry on.  

MilitantClockwork

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:11 pm
MilitantClockwork
Zombie chewing on zombie...that somehow sound slike a fetish more than it does a threat to make me shut my mouth. xd

Having said that, carry on.
Hey whatever you're into. But yeah, it's like... "Hey, Jimmy, Tommy I want to threaten this succhini in an original way." "We'll put a dead horse's head in his bed." "But how is that original?" "The head won't stay dead."  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:31 pm
i saw this thread again and i thought i would say this:

if capcom made RE turn out like mega man it would kill the genre

they are already doing it and if it wasnt for RE4 then the game would be screwed... i mean id still play the game but they just need to add something more to it every different game title  

Resident_Kyo

Nikolai Krane

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:14 am
Paul WS Anderson.

Wait...  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:19 pm
I don't understand why people don't like the movies. Anderson did a fantastic job of preserving the meat and potatoes of what Resident Evil was (was being the Zombie era). It really can't get simpler than that.

Seriously, just think of the movies as something totally different if you have to. Personally, I loved both movies and can't wait for the third one. Besides, Anderson directed the Mortal Kombat movies... another one of my favorite game / movie combo's. He's ranked reeeeal high in my book of directors.

So no, Anderson can't ruin Resident Evil. If anything, he's brought more interest and people to the games.

And, if you wouldn't mind... if you're going to do a one or two-word answer... give us some opinion to back it up? Makes for more interesting conversation...  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

StriderHayato

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:22 am
If no new monsters would appear in future games
(this would bring no originality)
If RE was turned into an RPG or Fighting game
(survival horror game, not the above)
If they made a game directly off the movies
(everybody would know the story, it would be very boring)
If Extinction isn't any good (doubt it but possible)
(a lot of people feel that the success RE in the movie business depend on this)
can't think of anything else...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:11 am
StriderHayato
If they're gonna keep creating crappy monsters like El Gigante, then I'd rather not have any new monsters.

StriderHayato

Just like if they made a movie based directly off games.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Resident_Kyo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:39 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
StriderHayato
If they're gonna keep creating crappy monsters like El Gigante, then I'd rather not have any new monsters.

StriderHayato

Just like if they made a movie based directly off games.

i thought el gigante was cool!  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces