Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply RP Lounge
PIRATE SHIP !!! [CLOSED] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pirate?
  yes!
View Results

aamiller321

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:44 pm
"An interesting concept captain, and I can conceive of many ways that we could put this portal to use..." Closing his eyes Quincy reached his hand into the portal and slowly pulled out a magnificent dagger with a golden hilt and a long purple blade. "Interesting..."  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:24 pm
Airiana just continues to glare at Quincy and she grumbles slightly, "Odd that you would be hungry in the after life since it's suppose to be a place of eternal peace."

She listens to her Captain's explanation and raises an eyebrow to this and sighs. But spells are far out of her area of knowledge give her a battle and some fighting technique and she could understand that spells and such she didn't get it. She eyes Quincy but asks Captain Hellsmere, "So what are you sayin Captain? We going to be facing stuff only be in our nightmares because he decided to be payin us a visit from the great beyond?" Her eyes narrowed dangerously when Quincy pulled a knife out of no where and began to draw her swords.

However, before she could there was a blade at Quincy's neck blade side in and clearly felt any closer and it was going to start cutting. A warm body behind him and a deep voice, "Uh-uh...no one gets that close to him with a weapon that doesn't seem to be well trusted." He reaches over with his free hand and takes the dagger out of his hand, "Besides...this is to much blade for you."

With that Captain Hellsmere's bodyguard removes his sword from Quincy's throat and walked by him and stood next to Captain Hellsmere. He thought about what the Captain had said and then says, "So I'm no longer trapped here? Nor is anything forced to remain in their native worlds...lovely..." He holds out the dagger to Captain Hellsmere, "A ceremonial dagger. Few know how to use this particular dagger most use it for the many poisons that lay in the blade; however, it has a nicer secret a closer bond with the Earth one could say." She shrugs slightly as he held it out, "A gift to you Captain."

He looks at Quincy, "Opened portals between various domains is not something to toy with like some child with a wooden sword." His tone becoming quite even and still held that slight command to it, "We should be careful. I may enjoy a good fight but there are things across the dimensions that should not be set free Captain. Unfortunately sealing portals was never a forte of mine, but I will do as you tell me."

Demon still snoozen behind the barrels in the hull of the ship.

(OOC: Sorry it's kind of crappy guys.)  

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:58 pm
(to Airiana's question) Aye, And so much more.

~hellsmere watches as Quincy takes a dagger from the portal as carefree as if it was a toy from a toychest, and then as Eclipse takes it from him... ~

(to Eclipse's comments) unfortunately.
Thank you Eclipse.
~takes dagger~
Agreed, there are way too many unknowns to be reckless with these portals.

~By that point everyone on board the ship was at attention as to what was happening~
(except demon and meshii, they're still sleeping, LOL)

~Hellsmere, Airiana, Maskus, Shadowcat, Eclipse, Klen, Quincy, Dairtic, Creesa, and all of Hellsmeres crew~ (I'm talking about the NPC crew there) ~they all were standing there as Hellsmere began to talk once more... ~

Quincy: you are no longer a captain. Both of our ships have been sunk and your crew have all either died, joined mine, or shipped back to port in a sloop that klen got for us. I have claimed this Vampirate Vessal as mine, as well as the services of eclipse, the one that was sent here after you died sending Red Fang to who knows where. With the added supplies that were onboard the sloop before we sent it away, everyone here was able to almost completely repair it, and will be finished shortly.

Eclipse: Your services are welcome, and shall be greatly needed from this point on. And don't worry, you will be compensated for your efforts.

(TO EVERYONE) From this point on we will need as much help as all of us can get. I was going to force the truth out with a bit of truth serum, but I'm cancelling that command. ~the chef nodded~ We need to be able to trust each other, and sence I'm captain, I'll make the first move.

Klen: I'd like you to join the crew. But never threaten to fry anyone here, ever again! This is my crew, and you haven't the rank to do that.

Dairtic & Creesa: I'd like to extend that invitation to join the crew to you as well. I don't know the whole story between you and klen, but hopefully it'll be discussed during dinner.

(TO EVERYONE) I'm ordering the ship back to my hide-out where we can resupply the cargo holds and replace some of the metal plates on the outer hull.

~with that, shadowcat went to the wheel and started to turn the ship around to sail it back to the hide-out~

This ship is much bigger then my last one, so it will be able to hold about 8 times the supplies. We'll have dinner on the way there.

AND TO EVERYONE ON BOARD! These portals may be useful as Quincy just demonstrated, but THAT was a small portal. Others that will open will most likely be MUCH bigger. How big can they get? I don't know, but most likely the size of this ship, if not bigger. WE MUST CLOSE THEM! But sence the portals center is unstable, more will open until we stablize it. And that can only be done from the location where the spell was cast. And that location is in the afterlife or "OTHERWORLD".

We can't do that just yet, which is why I'm ordering everyone on board to start reading the magic books in my new library.
(previously Captain Sir Francis Varney Rymer the Red Fang's quarters) That will prepare us for the trip to the "Legendary Magic Isle of NEOS". Yes, the bedtime stories that many of you may have heard as a child were true. And once there, I pray we will find an even larger spell book library that will give us what we need to complete our new quest. I can only hope that we will be able to survive the demons from other dimensions that will most likely want to stop us.

~once Hellsmere finished his speach, there was a very long silence... ~

(OOC - HAH, how's THAT for a plot twist!?! )  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:18 pm

Quincy nodded his head in agreement. "Yes, I certainly know magic is not a toy. I'm the only one who's been killed by it! But the dagger reminds me of one I own, I believe they are a pair." Quincy rummaged in his bag and found an exact match to the purple blade. "I... erm... acquired it during my escape, and I'll thank you if you'll keep your hands off of it as well."

Quincy turned to Hellesmere, "I had no childhood. However I have heard of Neos, and I too am interested in the scrolls contained there. It seems since our travels intertwine, I will journey with you there. And I believe not only demons will come out of there, but creatures summoned by our emotions... I will have to ponder this..."

Emboldened by Quincy's actions Klen had been reaching into the portal himself. Suddenly he screamed, drawing attention to him, and yanked his had out of the portal. Along with it came another lizard that could have been a copy of Klen. "SPARKER!" The lizard yelled as it's body was engulfed in flames. Crackling with lightning Klen tackled him over deck.

"Does that happen often?" Quincy mused as he watched the underwater fireworks.

aamiller321

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:37 pm
Then Perhaps as an agreement of trust, I shall give this back to you in hopes that we will be able to work together on this.

~hands the new dagger back to quincy and shakes hands on it~

I know what it's like to try to collect sets. ~hellsmere grins~
And, you can tell us all about these "emotion" demons at dinner.

~hearing the screem, hellsmere looked back at klen just in time to see both him and sparker go over the side, to which hellsmere commented back to quincy... ~

No, not usually. But I fear that with these portals, it may become a common occurance.

(OOC - Miller, are you creating a new charater? - if so please provide a tektek of him)  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:57 pm

((Nope. Just starting with all the portal mumbo jumbo.))

Quincy slid the new dagger into his belt opposite the other one. "Well, I'll set to work on these spell books then." Quincy sat down and began to muse through Raymer's old books, murmuring every now and again.

Meanwhile Klen and the other lizard fought their battle under water, Klen trying to electrocute the other lizard and the other lizard trying to heat the water past where Klen could stand. And the other lizard had the upper hand. Almost losing consciousness Klen stumbled away and tripped over something shiny on the bottom. Picking it up he realized it was the bell. In his half-delusional state he rang it at the oncoming lizard. The lizard stopped dead in his tracks and writhed on the ground in pain. Seizing this opportunity Klen darted over and shocked the lizard unconscious. Grabbing his opponents amulet and planting a gigantic rock on his chest Klen swam to the surface.

aamiller321

aamiller321

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:10 pm
((OOC
Dude, did you get the idea for Sir. Francis Varney from the actual pirate Sir. Francis Verney who died in 1606?))

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:01 pm
(OOC - actually that was L337's idea, I just ran with it - and please edit your post, all non-story connected comments are to be put into "OOC" paragraphs - EDIT: THX for placing the ooc)  

xwhateverxdudex

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:52 pm
Airiana sighs and mutters, “Wonderful…” She watched as Eclipse took the dagger from Quincy and eyed Eclipse now, but when he handed the dagger over to her captain she relaxed, but only the slightest bit. She was wound tighter then a violin string.

Eclipse nods slightly but remains quite as he listens to things and then watched as Shadowcat began to take them back to Captain Hellsmere’s hideout. His gaze drifts back to Quincy and raises an eyebrow to him and shakes head slightly. He looks him right in the eye, “I could careless what has killed you boy or whether that dagger reminds you of. I…” However, he became silent as Captain Hellsmere returned the dagger to Quincy. Eclipse shakes his head he didn’t care for the man named Quincy.

He didn’t get to think long on that when the lizard man decided to pull something back through a portal what he called a Sparker. He watched as Klen tackled the Sparker over the edge and into the water possibly saving their ship from going up in flames. He moves quickly to the edge of the boat and looks over though he heard Quincy. He lifts and turns his head slightly and glares at Quincy he didn’t like this guy and his mouth and lack of respect for one who just saved the only vessel they have right now was wearing thin on his limited patients as it was.

Airiana noticed the glare that Eclipse was giving Quincy and the bodyguard just won brownie points in her book he didn’t like the Ex-Captain just like she didn’t. She walks up and looks over the edge of the boat watching the battle going on below water and when she heard Quincy not seem to care about the lizardman yet go off to study she put a hand on Eclipse’s hand that held his sword.

Eclipse turns his gaze and looks at her a bit surprised that she would even touch him much less come that close to him. He noticed her look at him then shake her head slightly then removed her hand and looked over the edge. Eclipse grips his sword tight in his one hand but eventually he just holds it normally and looks over the edge as well.

As Eclipse watched the battle he saw at one point that “Sparky” as he had nicknamed him seemed to have won and trying to make it to the surface now, but they’d been battling underwater for quite some time. He may not like to show of certain skills “Sparky” had just saved their boat from going up in flames. He closes his eyes and mutters something his eyes snap open and they held a definite glow to them now. His gaze focused on the water he thrusts his free hand towards the water hand wide and palm towards the water and growls out, “Hear my command and obey!”

A green energy came off of him an almost soft giggle one could almost swear to hear on the wind. Then there was a splash for a moment something could be seen in the water for only the briefest of moments before a vortex started around Klen, yet he wasn’t sucked into it. On the contrary it sucked the water from him but he seemed to be hovering in mid-air in the center of that vortex. The vortex moved up through the water and came onto the ship not destroying anything as it slowly wound down and gently set Klen on the deck of Captain Hellsmere’s ship.

Eclipse seemed to watch as Klen was pulled from the water and brought on deck then set down gently on the deck. Eclipse’s eyes then narrowed darkly and he mutters something else there was a flutter in the sails and then another splash in the water the rock that was placed on the chest of the Sparker was suddenly and violently pushed down into the sea floor to crush it. After that Eclipse’s eyes returned to normal as his eyes went from noticeable glow to no glow. He preferred to use magic for common things but he wasn’t above using it for fighting or destructive means.

Airiana watched this a blinked she’d just realized right then that that arrogant bodyguard had fought honorably against her strength against strength he was just stronger not only physically but experience wise. She shakes her head slightly and mutters something under her breath. She may have no skill at wielding magic, unless it’s some new fighting technique if you can call that magic, but she wonders if she could ever possibly learn enough to beat that man or even be on the same footing as him or even close. She had snagged her musket back from Maskus and walked towards Klen.

However, she stopped as a portal suddenly popped up before her passing across the deck of the ship then through only a small portion of the ships innards. She watches this portal as it passes and the crew try to avoid it. She wonders are their portals that can’t be seen passing them and she turns to voice this question after all she’s not a magic wield not very smart book wise, “Captain, be there portals that we can’t be seein?”

As if to answer for the Captain suddenly Airiana was standing there on the deck one moment and then it was like the air was swallowing her. It took only a matter of seconds to happen even Eclipse couldn’t react fast enough to grab hold of the first mate before she was gone as was the unseen portal that had claimed her and taken her to who knows where.

Eclipse turns and looks at Hellsmere, “I believe we now have more concerns then just the nightmares your minds can scare up. I still have a few tricks we’ll make it. However, to reach Neos…I can’t help you unlock that door. That which lies beyond I may be able to handle but I can’t open the doorway there and I doubt even this tare in the dimensional fabric has affected that place if so pray to whatever you believe their fighters and beasts haven’t gotten out.”

As if a foreshadowing of the trying times to come something wraps around Eclipse’s waist. He spreads his one wing and pumps it hard trying to give himself some time. He was about to pull his sword but he had to make sure his Captain, for now, survived till he could reconnect with him. He reaches into his trench coat and pulls something and calls though sounding oddly enough calm, “Hellsmere! A gift! Use these to see what can’t be seen!” He was pulled back off the deck and raised up but he hurls the item down to Hellsmere before he was dragged underwater there was a slight explosion and he came flying up free of whatever held him. He looks down as he flew with only one wing, “The rest you’ll have to handle and figure out till I can meet up with you again Hellsmere! I’ll find your first mate and we’ll find you till then stay alive Hellsmere! I don’t wish many well but you have interest me, good luck Captain!” That was the first time he’d called Hellsmere Captain. He then laughs darkly and dives back towards the ocean surface his one wing pulled in tight and he calls challengingly, “Show me what you have!” There is a huge splash as he enters the water then a few large explosions underwater one that causes the vessel to rise up on a wave but ride it out easily enough. There were many bubbles after but nothing came to the surface after that.

What Captain Hellsmere caught was a strangely simplistic looking pendant once he put it on things that were invisible is now visible like the once unseen portals.

Demon had woken up and come up on deck he had heard what was going on for along while but had remained out of sight. When he heard about where Hellsmere wanted to go he rushed back down in the hull and looked at the one he held captive. He paced for several moments then finally took the protective barrier down from around him leaving him unprotected down in the hull. He then rushed up and not wanting to go where Hellsmere wanted to go he rushed across the deck and leapt through the first portal he saw not caring where it lead him. Anywhere was better then where Hellsmere wanted to go. Anywhere was better then Neos.

(OOC: Taking five from the RP guys. Some things are going on that I need some time to deal with. So that explains the long post cause I needed to get my characters out of the way so you guy's weren't waiting on me when I will barely be here if at all right now. I have plans for them and yes, I have stories to explain what has happened to them in those portals and why Demon just went schizo there. So no worries about my characters I will bring them back when I fully return right now though I just need a break and time to figure some things out. Sorry everyone, especially you Dude.)  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:53 pm

Quincy scanned through the books until he found a zoological book of Varney's travels. He found a picture matching the one of that Eclipse fellow, and read up on that race of people. After that he searched the race of lizard men that seemed to plague the ship, and lo, right on the top of the page was a picture of Klen clutching the amulet he was currently wearing and battering waves of bird-people with electricity. Motioning for Klen to come over he showed him the page. Klen simply shrugged and with a "They lie, there were actually more." walked away.

Quincy watched as Eclipse, Ariana, and Demon are snatched by the portals. "Damn it Hellesmere! We'll never make it another league like this! Get the men belowdecks!" Quincy flicked to a page in a book he had looked through earlier. Studying the page he decided he might as well try. As the captain herded the crew lower in the ship Quincy's eyes got brighter and he immediately saw all of the portals on deck. Grasping one dagger in his left hand he grabbed a stick of green chalk in his right and charged the portals making signs on them with the chalk and slashing the portals that fought back.

aamiller321

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:29 am
(Ragarding eclipse's comment) "please calm yourself my friend. When last we met, quincy gave his life to save all of ours - he can't be all bad" ~hellsmere grinned~

~hellsmere saw quincy walk off to the library and sighed, then continued watching klen struggling underwater - when klen surfaced... ~

Hey klen, What was that about?

~suddenly eclipse said something that hellsmere didn't quite catch and the water seemed to vanished into a green vortex that held klen in midair and then set him down on the deck - then the wind picked up and there was a noticable crunching sound~

~hellsmere saw the portal suddenly appear causing the crew to scramble and dive out of it's way, as hellsmere shouted... ~

DON'T TOUCH IT, STAY AWAY FROM THAT PORTAL!

~hellsmere heard airianas question, but before he could answer, airiana was suddenly sucked into a sencond portal herself~

AIRIANA !!!

~hellsmere shouted as his first mate was ripped from the deck and hearing eclipses words, nodded - hellsmere caught the pendant as he saw eclipse get dragged down, heared an explosion, and then saw the bodyguard came back up~

~hellsmere listened to eclipses words and nodded as eclipse dove back down creating many new explosions that rocked the boat - and saying to him self... ~

I leave this in your hands then. Good luck my friends.

~hellsmere, not noticing demon's actions, put on the pendant and could suddenly see all the invisible portals~

There are so many! Heaven help us!

~with that hellsmere threw the pendant at shadowcat, as he shouted... ~

SHADOWCAT! Use your speed, save my crew!!!
EVERYONE GET BELOW DECK!

~Shadowcat caught the pendant and put it on dashing off as hellsmere ran to the wheel to take shadowcats place and then pulled the lever to drop anchor, slowing the ship - and then pulling it again to raise the anchor up~

~suddenly one of the crewmembers came back up from below and said... ~

"it's no good captain, the portals are comming right through the hull"

~Hellsmere shouted into the ships metal communication tube... ~
CANCEL THAT ORDER, EVERYONE ON DECK NOW !!!
~at that the entire crew rushed back to the deck and one even grabbed the stranger that demon had left~

(regarding quincy's comment) "No good! - the portals are everywere! - at least up here shadowcat can see them coming"

~hellsmere slowed the ship to almost a crawl as shadowcat dashed about pushing crewmembers out of the way of invisible portals and quincy marked them with green glowing chalk - hellsmere said... ~

We have to get through this patch of portal tears to get to the hideout, and we can't go around because it might be too wide of a patch. We could run out of food first.

~after about a half an hour, the portal patches began to thin and then stopped comming all together~

Shadowcat, would you do me a favor and take note of all the crew still on board.

~shadowcat ran off to make a list and see who was left - after about 15 mins, she returned and handed the list to hellsmere~

Thank you.
~looking at the list~
We're missing... 5 crew, including: Airiana, Eclipse, and Demon.

~Hellsmere held his head for a moment and then looked back up~

We're about 45 mins from the hideout still.
Please continue cleaning and repairing to the best that you can.

~with that command, the crew went back to work~

Shadowcat, keep the pendant for now. Go to the bow and keep a lookout for more portals.
Maskus, would you take the wheel please? Thank you.

~hellsmere walked up to quincy~

Thank you for marking those portals.
That made it a lot easier for the crew to avoid.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:45 pm

Quincy slumped against the deck, utterly defeated. He had almost no energy left. It was obvious that the crew would need new glasses and weapons, they all needed help. Summoning the last of his strength he sent out a call to most powerful immortal he knew as a friend. As his consciousness faded he wondered when he would arrive, right then, an hour hence, maybe even an hour ago. Quincy Martin collapsed and was carried to one of the vacant bunks.

User Image
He actually arrived just as Quincy blacked out. He was ridiculous to look at, watches and clocks dangling off of his wrists. With a heavy, clunking step he looked at his surroundings. No one had noticed him yet so he just watched as Quincy was carried off. Spying the main portal he walked over to it. It was guarded by a large blue lizard. He'd seen worse, and he could sense this creature had a terrible past. Before the lizard could even question who the man was he was pushed through the portal and sent spinning through space and time. Ignoring the outraged and panicked sailors he then begain to study the portal.

((That's the end of Klen for now, I keep my character limit to 1-2 but you WILL see him again.))

aamiller321

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:49 am
~after thanking quincy, hellsmere went back to work, giving commands to his crew and eventually ended up at the stern, the highest point of the deck~

~hellsmere looked down just in time to see a strange person push klen into the portal he was guarding, as the crew started to panick~

HEY!!!

~hellsmere lept off of the platform, drawing his sword and comming down sword first onto the new stranger, as he yelled... ~

How dare you attack my crew!

(OOC - I'll leave it to you as to how this new guy will defend, whether blocking and knocking me back or just jumping out of the way, your choice - BTW is sparker dead or something, I want to know if I should take him off the character list)  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:27 am

((Sparker was what the other lizard called Klen as an insult... So yeah he's dead.))

The man looked up to see a man in a fancy coat rushing him. He pointed at the man's sword and it immediately became a useless piece of rust. He then pointed at the deck under the mans feet which became rotted so badly that the man fell through up to his armpits. The man squinted... "Captain Hellesmere, yes? Quincy was right. You pirates obviously haven't heard of courtesy. You're lucky I'm not otherwise occupied." The man then turned back to the portal and started setting up all sorts of magical equipment that he seemed to have gotten out of nowhere.

aamiller321

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:22 am
(OOC - oh sorry my mistake - let me try to get this straight ---
---quincy is unconcious - klen is missing, though you said that he'll be back, so I'll leave him on the list - and the other lizard, the flamey one, was the one that I was talking about --- I think I read your post wrong so I'll ask my question in a better way - "Is the flamey lizard, that klen was fighting, dead?" )  
RP Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff