Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:13 am
Trumpster
I panic as the ekans leaps for me but I jump to the side to avoid it and buy me some time.

As I get up, I check my pockets, searching for something that could be useful. but I quickly realise I only have the light-weight pinecones from the forest.

As you hurriedly fish through your pockets, the Ekans manages to recover from your sidestep, and recoils for another try. It lunges for your leg, jaws open and fangs extended.

It's a good thing you remembered your boots when you came up, because the snake's bite latches onto the thick rubber instead of your skin. The boot tightens around your ankle as the Ekans' jaws close, but you feel no pain other than the constriction.

The snake thrashes around, seemingly unwilling or perhaps even unable to let go of your boot ...  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:20 am
josh a gogo
light forest please 3nodding

It's late afternoon as you enter the crisp pine forest. The lowering sun gleams through the trees and illuminates motes of dust drifting in the air. The pleasantly cool, spicy smell of the trees is all around you, and bushes with bright berries add splotches of color to the woods as you walk through.

Activity in this zone seems to have quieted down as the afternoon has worn on. The perennial buzzing of Beedrills seems to have lowered to a vague, distant humming. Occasionally you hear crackling in the bushes around you that isn't caused by your footsteps, but whenever you stop to look around, you don't see anything.  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

josh a gogo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:46 pm
Jishin
josh a gogo
light forest please 3nodding

It's late afternoon as you enter the crisp pine forest. The lowering sun gleams through the trees and illuminates motes of dust drifting in the air. The pleasantly cool, spicy smell of the trees is all around you, and bushes with bright berries add splotches of color to the woods as you walk through.

Activity in this zone seems to have quieted down as the afternoon has worn on. The perennial buzzing of Beedrills seems to have lowered to a vague, distant humming. Occasionally you hear crackling in the bushes around you that isn't caused by your footsteps, but whenever you stop to look around, you don't see anything.
I take some time to appreciate the surroundings. I stop...and stare into the bushes. Still keeping my eyes on the bushes I slowly back away grabbing a rather big stick and clenched the pokeblocks in my bag and headed cautiously for the ominous hedges.....

OOC:Is this right...?I dont RP much sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:08 am
josh a gogo
I take some time to appreciate the surroundings. I stop...and stare into the bushes. Still keeping my eyes on the bushes I slowly back away grabbing a rather big stick and clenched the pokeblocks in my bag and headed cautiously for the ominous hedges.....

(OOC: You're doing great! 3nodding )

As you tiptoe towards the bushes, the crackling noise lessens and then quiets entirely as whatever it is realizes that you're looking for it and freezes in place.

In the lengthening shadows, it's hard to spot exactly where it is, and you spend a good couple of minutes looking. You finally see a pair of large red multifaceted eyes peering anxiously out at you from one of the berry bushes.  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

Trumpster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:24 am
((Sorry about the delay, I was about to reply to this, then had to stop halfway through and forgot to go back to it. sweatdrop ))

I flinch and close my eyes as the ekans strikes again but I only feel my boot tightening as the ekans clamps down on my leg. I open my eyes and look down to see the ekans' tail flailing wildly as it's teeth seem to be stuck in the thick rubber of my boot.

I unclip one of the last 2 empty safari balls on my belt and reach down to tap it on the ekans' head, knowing he couldn't knock this one away when he was firmly connected to my leg.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:14 pm
The ball opens in your hand and draws the Ekans off of your boot and inside. It struggles in your grip, and it takes effort for you to continue holding the ball as the now-captive Pokémon thrashes around inside it.

After several moments of struggling, the light on the ball goes off with a satisfying DING!

You caught an EKANS! User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. It's a very feisty male, at level 24.  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

Trumpster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:52 pm
As the ball settles down, I clip it back onto my belt alongside the other additions to my team. I scan over them for a moment, remembering which pokemon is in each and stop as I see the gap where the other safari ball should be. I glance round to where the ekans was when I threw the ball but I only see reeds and other swamp vegitation; searching for a like-coloured ball would take too long and the sun was already getting low in the sky.

Happy with such a strong poison type pokemon, I turn around and walk back along the track towards the exit of the swamp. Since the day was nearing the end, I decided that I should continue heading south from the swamp and search through the meadows for my final catch.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:27 am
The sun is low on the horizon as you make your way towards the meadow. The tall grass reaches up to your waist and casts long, feathery shadows.

Everything seems peaceful and quiet, with only the occasional chirp or rustling of grass.  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

josh a gogo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:51 am
Jishin
josh a gogo

(OOC: You're doing great! 3nodding )

As you tiptoe towards the bushes, the crackling noise lessens and then quiets entirely as whatever it is realizes that you're looking for it and freezes in place.

In the lengthening shadows, it's hard to spot exactly where it is, and you spend a good couple of minutes looking. You finally see a pair of large red multifaceted eyes peering anxiously out at you from one of the berry bushes.

I walk slowly place some food down on the ground in front of the weird pair of eyes hold the safari ball by my side. Paiently waiting for it to come out I quickly position my body any escape points.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:12 am
I continue wadeing through the long grass, pushing it aside in front of me with my hands so I could see where I was walking; all the while watching and listening for obvious signs of pokemon in the area.  

Trumpster

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:24 pm
Trumpster
I continue wadeing through the long grass, pushing it aside in front of me with my hands so I could see where I was walking; all the while watching and listening for obvious signs of pokemon in the area.

As you press through the grass, you suddenly hear a soft, squishing sound, off towards your left. It seems to be rhythmic, as if it were something walking.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:27 pm
josh a gogo
I walk slowly place some food down on the ground in front of the weird pair of eyes hold the safari ball by my side. Paiently waiting for it to come out I quickly position my body any escape points.

As you place the food down and back away, the multifaceted eyes brighten for a moment. Hesitantly, the Pokémon emerges from the bush and starts to nibble at the food.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

Trumpster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:01 am
I stop and listen to the squishing sound for a moment before I turn to follow it, continuing to part the grass in front of me as I move. I listen to the sound as I walk and use it to guide my way to the sound.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:52 am
Trumpster
I stop and listen to the squishing sound for a moment before I turn to follow it, continuing to part the grass in front of me as I move. I listen to the sound as I walk and use it to guide my way to the sound.

As you carefully part the grass and move towards the squishing sound, it starts to move a little faster. Perhaps it noticed you following it. Even so, with your longer legs, you manage to keep up.

After about a hundred feet, you part the grass and find ....

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It looks at you dubiously and promptly shifts color to blend into the grass.  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

Pokémon Defenders

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas