Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Whitethorne House Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:39 pm
User Image

`•.•●•۰• ••.•´

Christopher "Chris" Whitethorne
Squib

`•.•●•۰• ••.•´

So what if life handed me a bad card?

The vampire's blood was vile. At least that's what the first thought in Chris's head suggested. His attention was more focused on trying to see than anything else. However, the more blood that entered his mouth, the more his stomach tried weakly to revolt. However, he did realize hazily that he should drink it. If for no other reason than if he didn't he was going to be a lot worse off.

I have to deal with it as best I can.

--------------------------
State: Being drained
OOC: ...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:09 pm
User Image
User Image

He grinned, ear-to-ear, and spoke while the boy drank, "While you're just lying there, pay attention," he shifted slightly, to get more comfortable as he knelt there, feeding his new fledgling, "The name is Dragon. You are now a member of the Dragon Clan. You will have strength that will take some getting used to, but you should be able to get the hang of it.

"Let's see... what else?"
he paused, "Oh yes, as your clan leader, you have to listen to and do what I tell you to. Don't walk in the sunlight, garlic will upset your senses and is just simply unpleasant..."

Then it dawned on him. Everything. He remembered what had happened the night that he had been shot. He remembered The Family, remembered the hunt for them, being overwhelmed and shot. Ambushed. Left to die. Paralyzed the whole time. He was probably pushed under the cart to hide his body from curious eyes. How had he forgotten such an important bit of his past? Something as dangerous as The Family? That's what it was that he felt uneasy about and couldn't remember.

When the fledgling had had enough, Dragon pulled his wrist away, "Stand when you're ready," he whispered, standing up himself. He searched the area, kicking at some nearby grass. Bending down he grabbed a good sized rock, returning with it to the boy, "What's your name anyhow, pretty boy?" he asked with a laugh, handing him the rock.

For him, this was second nature.

User Image

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:29 pm
User Image

`•.•●•۰• ••.•´

Squib

`•.•●•۰• ••.•´

So what if life handed me a bad card?

Chris was left retching after the long drink. Ugh, how could anyone drink that stuff? Then it finally dawned on him. He had. He looked up, his vision compensating for the night as he started to his feet. His head was clearer too, and it made Chris wonder. Just who the heck was this guy? He said his name was Dragon, sure, but otherwise, he knew nothing. And what the bloody heck was a clan? He'd never read anything like that before. Making sure he was steady on his feet, he nodded toward Dragon.

"I'm Chris, Chris Whitethorne. What's the rock for?" As he reached out for it and grabbed the rock, it cracked into three pieces. He grimaced. "I'm sorry. Wait, how the heck did I do that? I can't be that strong. It's physically impossible!" So says the brother and son of magical people. Sheesh. He oughta really reevaluate how he judges things, honestly.

I have to deal with it as best I can.

State: Feeling strange

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:43 pm
User Image
User Image

"Dammit," he whispered, watching Chris practically destroy the rock in his hand. That was no good. The fledgling had next to no control on his strength. At least it didn't turn to sand. Dragon had had a fledgling do that once. He had practical smacked himself in the face when it had happened. This one needed work, but it could have been worse.

"Not when you're a vampire," he explained, "You will need to learn to control that strength. So that you can actually touch things without breaking them. The rock was just an example of how in control you are of your strength,"

There was no time for this, there was a war going on!

Dragon knelt down and looked Chris in the eyes, "Chris, can you stand?" he gently rubbed Chris' arm, helping him ease into this new reality. So much to take in.

User Image

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:01 pm
User Image

`•.•●•۰• ••.•´

Former Squib - Vampire, Dragon Clan

`•.•●•۰• ••.•´

And now I walk a lonely road...

Chris nodded, standing. He winced when he realized what that rock was for. That wasn't good. He dusted himself off, trying to avoid possibly injuring himself. Though it did look as though Dragon was irritated. He winced, knowing that now he was probably going to hear about it for sure. "So if I can't control it, what happens now? If nothing else, I doubt I can return to my family..." Realization hit. Here he was, suddenly a vampire, and his future he had planned gone, like it never was. There was no way to explain it to anyone, let alone his family or friends. Class valedictorian, brother, son, friend, all of that was gone now. He swallowed hard. This almost would sound like one of Chalmes's acts, but it wasn't. It was his.

He started breathing heavily, as his head swam with the might-have-beens. he tried to drown out the voices in his head telling him he'd made a grave error. Foremost was his father's, followed closely by his mother's. He shut his eyes tightly and swallowed, hard. "There's no going back now..." He mostly murmured it to himself, to remind himself that he couldn't go back.

With no light to guide my way.

State: Panicking

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:59 pm
User Image
User Image

The boy seemed so lost, so helpless. He didn't know about the ways of a vampire and, by the look of him, he didn't seem to be a wizard. However, he was taking this quite well. So, perhaps he was accustomed to the world of magic. A squib, perhaps? Interesting, indeed. Dragon couldn't help but approach Chris, sliding forward with the ease of a cobra. This boy was afraid, he could tell, but Dragon knew how to calm him. He had done it many times before with his vampire children.

Chris began to hyperventilate, an act that was so human, Dragon had forgotten how to do it himself. Instead, he watched until the boy took control of himself. Until it was safe to place a hand on his shoulder, "With time, you will be able to return," he assured him, his accent underlying each of his words. That accent from the desert sands of his people long ago. It was as coarse as the sand itself, yet flowed like the Nile.

"You must learn to control that strength first. And that takes time," he gently squeezed the fledgling's shoulder, trying to reassure him once more that it was going to be okay. It was a lot to take in. A new life as a vampire, an old life dying behind you. The shock was normal for everyone. Even Dragon remembered when he was turned. His maker had been so kind to him. So understanding.

Dragon looked around, worried about being caught, "Come, before your family arrives," he gently tugged on the boy's arm to follow him. He didn't know where he was going, but they needed to at least leave this place. It was too dangerous. Especially with The Family still most likely running amuck. This was troubling for Dragon, who had only just awakened from dying at their hands. He needed to end their reign, he needed to go to where they had been located, where he had been heading until he was ambushed.

User Image

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:54 pm
User Image

`•.•●•۰• ••.•´

Former Squib - Vampire, Dragon Clan

`•.•●•۰• ••.•´

And now I walk a lonely road...

Chris swallowed hard and nodded. He didn't want to leave, but he understood why. He looked back once and made a decision. "Hold on." He hurried back into his house and scribbled out a note for his family. He hoped that it wouldn't be ignored, but he doubted that they would ignore it. He left it in his father's study, then walked out, perhaps for the last time in his life.

He returned to Dragon's side. "I'm sorry, I couldn't leave them wondering. I, I just told them that I was going to be away with friends. I doubt that father or my sister would, but my brother and mum probably will." He hoped that anyway. He didn't hesitate in following Dragon after that, only looking back once to see his home, his former home, one last time.

With no light to guide my way.

State: Worried

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:30 pm
User Image

I hate the world today
You're so good to me
I know but I can't change
Tried to tell you
But you look at me like maybe
I'm an angel underneath
Innocent and sweet

± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ±
𝔈𝔯𝔢𝔱𝔯𝔦𝔞 𝔚𝔥𝔦𝔱𝔢𝔱𝔥𝔬𝔯𝔫𝔢
Fourth Year - Slytherin Chaser
± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ±

Eretria was returning from seeing a movie with Chalmes when they came across the alley. It wasn't that good of a movie, in Eretria's opinion honestly. She'd actually seen better, back when she and Chalmes had gone to movies when they were younger. Maybe it was just that she and her brother's tastes were so different now? She had to ponder that, in any case.

When they got to the alley, however, she frowned. She noticed something out of the corner of her eye, and curiosity was getting the better of her. Tugging a reluctant older brother along, she picked her way over to the item that caught her attention. And then stopped cold. The tangle of blonde hair was unmistakeable, being the same shade as her own, only the color of the face was off. Eretria's eyes widened as she backed away. What started as a whine in the back of her throat broke out into a scream as she looked at her dead mother, sprawled out next to the groceries she had gone out to get earlier in the day.

----------------------------------
State: Shocked
----------------------------------

So take me as I am
This may mean
You'll have to be a stronger man
Rest assured that
When I start to make you nervous
And I'm going to extremes
Tomorrow I will change
And today won't mean a thing

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:46 pm
User Image

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Chalmes Whitethorne
Squib

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Chalmes hated being dragged along with anyone, but after seeing the sight of their mother, he didn't blame Eretria's reaction. He balled his hands into fists, trying to swallow down the knot of panic and terror and replace it with something more useful. Rage. Yeah, that would be a better thing to feel rigfht now. He glanced around the alley, trying to find the murderer himself. Bloody hell, he wished he could have been here. He would have ripped the person apart limb from limb. It was bad enough two years ago when their father had been imperioused, but this?

He dragged Eretria along with him then, not wanting to be around in case the person was still lurking. When he got to their house, he noticed nothing amiss there, so he dragged her inside and sat Eretria down. He then went to their father's desk to see if he could find the number to the constabulary. However, a note stopped him.

He knew his brother's handwriting like the back of his hand, better, actually, since the two had learned how. It was neat, in direct contrast to his own messy scrawl. He read it once, and then again, trying to make sense of it. Chris had gone to a friend's place? Why? Questions and more questions filled his head, and he glanced over to see Eretria sobbing on the couch.

He'd never seen her cry before, not since she was three and some boy had called her a freak. Now? Now it scared him. Pocketing the note, he walked over to her. "Tria, you need to contact the aurthurs. I'm gonna go and look around the house real quick. He ignored her bewildered look and mumbled correction before he rushed out of the house to have a look. No Chris. A hollow feeling entered his chest as he realized that suddenly he was the most alone that he'd ever felt in his life. Shoving the note into his pocket, he decided to say nothing about where Chris went, instead he went back and waited for the aurors with his little sister.

Don't think I'm weak, that would be your first mistake...

-------------------------
State: Shocked, Heartbroken
-------------------------

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:21 am
Shin Sever

My name is Shin Sever...
I am not the Yongest, or the brightest son...

..I am the most hated, But I am strong.

User Image
Former Slytherin

> Shin had an odd feeling about this place. He had the same feeling he gets at his mothers on a good day. It was if...something bad had happened here. But, it was still better then his families home. Still less dark. Just, more..sad. He gulped and debated turning away and not going in. They probably did not wish to see him anyway. He was a nuicense even at the best of times. He stood, watching for a moment. His old, all brown clothes looking to match with any trees about. It was his view of color.
⁈OCC⁉

Mood? Has an odd feeling about this house.
Emotional state? Scared
Physical State? Weak

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:58 am
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Gearvin Whitethorne
Owner of Whizz Hard Books

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Gearvin apparated in front of his house. He was tired and worn from working in his office all day. He just wanted to sit down and relax with a good book. However, he noticed a familiar figure in front of the house. Blinking, he strode up, recognizing Shin Sever immediately. "Shin? How are you today? What brings you here?" Several Ideas came to mind about why the boy would come, but he didn't want to think his parents would have decided to track the young man down and do harm to him.

Propriety helps to keep a distinction between those that have pride, and those that have none.

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
State: Tired

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:24 pm
Shin Sever

My name is Shin Sever...

User Image
Former Slytherin

> Shin saw Mr. Whitehouse. He smiled slightly, sheepishly. He knew he must look a wreak again and he was still very ashamed of it. "Hello Mr.Whitethorn.... I. I am fine" he said, his hair was still in his face and he still looked meek. He was also a little dirtier. But. He had gained weight. About 12 pounds. He had also grown 2 inches. "I...I...." He was at a loss for what to say. He had come because he wanted to see them. See anyone really that did not hate him. He had gone back to see his mother and father with...bad results. .
⁈OCC⁉

Emotional state? Scared
Physical State? Weak

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:18 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Gearvin Whitethorne

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Gearvin frowned, his brow furrowing. "Is there something the matter? Actually, come inside. It is unseemly to talk about such things outside." He wasn't sure what was going on with the young man, but he wanted to hear from it first from the boy. He opened the door to the house, gesturing for Shin to come inside. "I apologize, first of all. My son isn't home, and my daughter is away at school at the moment."

Propriety helps to keep a distinction between those that have pride, and those that have none.

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
State: Tired

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:46 pm
Shin Sever

My name is Shin Sever...

User Image
Former Slytherin

> Shin nodded and bowed the bow he had learned as a child. It was a little lower then need be, showing his still low feeling if self worth. He followed into the house, breathing in. He did not know what it was. Something was different. Sad. He gave his warped, half smile. His face looked worse somehow. Like it held new scars. Up close his skin was dry. Like he had been walking for a long time. "I...I wanted to see... Someone that did not use me...Even..I hope your children are well..I...I went back to my parents. My m...Mrs. Sever..." He stopped there. His voice cracking. It was hard to tell if it was dehydration or sadness. He sounded slightly for-lone and displaced. "Sorry...I..I am whining". He gave another smile. In truth. He was happy to be around the man.
⁈OCC⁉

Emotional state? Scared
Physical State? Weak

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:13 am
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Gearvin Whitethorne

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Gearvin nodded quietly, making his way to the kitchen real quick. Pulling out a glass, he filled it with water and returned, handing it to the young man. He then gestured to one of the seats in the living room, and sat himself, his hands steepled as he regarded the younger man. "I take it that did not go well. Well, judging from your state, I would believe that to be an understatement." He regarded the younger man for a moment or two, taking in Shin's state. It was obvious that something caused him some distress. "You are not whining for speaking how you feel. I would only wish that circumstances were better for you than they currently are. If you do not mind me for asking, what happened?"

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
State: Concerned

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items