Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[PRP] Point A to Point B Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:30 pm
"Then it's human interference, right?" If the changes weren't natural, then they had to be artificially encouraged, though the reason the people of Kodo would give rise to a population of strangely-colored pokemon surpassed his imagination.

A hesitant nod at mention of the Mew, "I'd never seen a Mew before, but if that's what Dove has, then it's definitely the same thing."  
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:38 pm
The women gestured to Luke with enthusiasm. "I can't think of anything else it could be." Ray agreed "I can't tell for sure whats going on, but Its questions that people here can't seem to answer." her lips corned in a grimace. "Nor care to even be asking it seems. If its natural, then thats awesome, even if its people breeding it in, I would be surprised but at least people would know, But with the Legendary popping up like this, its just a bigger clue that there is more going on here."

She fixed her eye back on Luke when he answered. "Do you still see it sometimes? Do you know how to find it?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:54 pm
It still seemed kind of strange to talk about it as though it were a problem when it didn't specifically seem to be affecting anyone - not enough for them to investigate it, at least. It was strange and apparently unnatural, but it seemed to be harmless thus far.

He looked away, abashed. Yes, he knew how to find it. No, he was not about to pursue those methods. "I haven't seen it in a while. It just kind of shows up sometimes." Sure, that sounded legit enough.  
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:59 pm
"Hm." Ray hummed again, thoughtfully. nodding at his reply.

"Well, I guess we'll just have to see." Ray spoke as she rose to her feet, slipping her jacket back over her arms. "Welp, I think break-time is over. We'll probably travel more till its time to set up camp. Hey Precious!" Ray called over to Seraphine, reaching into her pocket and pulling something out that was then tossed over toward Seraphine. "You're turn." What looked like a pink compass "No cheating either, we know what way we're going, but go practice with figure it out."

Letting her get to it, Ray busied herself with gathering her bag back up and putting it over her back.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:09 pm
Finally! At the indication that it was time to go, Yuri leaped to his feet and pulled his own bag over his shoulders once more. While Ray and Luke's conversation was fascinating enough, he was ready to get going. Still, he couldn't quite say he completely understood the woman's obsession over unnaturally colored Pokemon.

Once they were ready to go, Yuri thoughtfully followed along in silence with Repede walking along at his side once more.  
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:04 pm
Luckily Ray's timing was perfect, and Sera had just turned in that direction when the woman addressed her and tossed the compass to her, and the brunette caught it reflexively before realizing who had tossed it, and immediately wished she hadn't caught it. Still, she frowned and endeavored to pop Ray's 'unnatural colors' balloon with, "Mother's Vaporeon looks nothing like normal blue Vaporeons, but she's older than I am." That, and at least a third of her team hadn't even come from Kodo. Take that.

Her mostly inner comments had distracted her too much for her to realize until it was too late that she'd stood and rejoined them, the compass in hand. Once she did realize it, however, she gave the tool in her hand a displeased look, then grabbed the map with a huff and started marching onward. Given the fact that it was said at least once or twice that they would arrive if they simply followed the beach, she wasn't very inclined to put too much effort into orienteering.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:08 pm
Ray reached a hand up to smack her palm against her forehead. "What did I JUST say." she started, at Sera's comment about the Vaporeon. "What did I literally just say. I never said it wasn't impossible, I said it was -rare- another thing, I said its on Kodo, not the other reigns. Oh my gosh I should shake all of you."

Ray huffed throwing her hands up into the air and continuing on. "What have I DONE to myself! AGGG"
At this point it would probably be clear that she was being pointedly over dramatic.  
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:14 pm
Sera's brows descended in a very unamused, very displeased frown at Ray's response, though she didn't quite grasp the fact Ray might have been joking in her dramatic behavior. Regardless, she turned on her heel and kept walking.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:31 pm
Her intentional melodrama surpassed Luke's recognition, and he readily migrated to the back of the assembly, mildly demoralized. Mieu detected his trainer's thoughts and kept close, producing small sounds encouragement. He wasn't especially fond of that Ray woman.  
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:18 am
They did not stop again until it was nearly an hour to sunset, when Ray announced that it was time to set up camp.
It wasn't anything fancy, She made her that a fire had been set up properly, insisting that everyone come over and understand how, more importantly Sera and Luke.

As the sun had finally set, the small aria was lit by a gentle crackling fire, bags still curled up where they would lay.
Ray was mostly quiet as dinner was prepared, instead the women had a knife out along with a small block of wood barely the size of her palm that she was absently carving from, her green eyes paying mind to what she was shaving and where. The tall women normally had bags under her eyes, though they seemed to be more prominent tonight, either becasue of the shadows cast by the fire, or the fatigue that was catching up after the day's walking.
Double Stripe curled up next to her, his eyes closed as he nestled in the long grass.

Around then the world grew darker and darker, catching everything outside of their fire's reach into an almost solid black, except for the stars overhead, being the only only pricks of color where the milky-way stretched on in an ever-breathtaking natural display.
The occasional call of wild pokemon, and the distant rushing of the ocean where the only sounds outside their camp site.

It had been a long day of walking, this was certainly nothing new, not when it came to traveling.
It was the life Ray preferred, and after years, it was almost second nature to her.
But it was this part of the trips that she always liked the most, at least secretly so.
Never knowing where you would end up sleeping, would it be in the middle of a dense forest? with the trees over head to let their leaves rustle you to sleep, in the mountains, high high above the rest of the world. Or like this, simply nestled under the stars.
The Weather was always fun to predict, though it was a great time of the year to travel, since tonight it seemed like they would not have to worry about rain or snow.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:39 am
At some point during the journey that lasted quite literally half a day, Sera had passed off the map and compass to somebody else. She had grown too tired and irritable to continue trying to decipher it and figure out where they were going, and shortly thereafter had grown too tired to even talk or do anything, instead using all her energy to keep moving because if she stopped, it was very likely she wouldn't start again - either due to lack of a desire, or more likely just a complete lack of energy and stamina. She wasn't built for walking nearly this much.

Once at the campsite - or at least, the spot designated to be the campsite - Sera all but collapsed onto the ground as Ray endeavored to teach them various things, and though the brunette usually tried to be stubborn and ignore Ray, that was not the case in this instance. The girl was simply far too physically exhausted to listen properly or retain anything, and went about the preparations silently, her gaze dull and movements sluggish.

Though Seraphine had indeed wanted dinner - and had said as much several times earlier in the day with mention of how hungry she was - the girl couldn't manage to stay conscious long enough and had curled up on her sleeping bag to pass out almost the instant they had finished setting up.

Jacques was similarly exhausted, and had given up romping around about halfway through the day to follow normally to conserve the energy he had left, so by the time the campsite was set up, he was fast asleep near Sera's sleeping bag. Isabella, on the other hand, had endeavored to conserve her energy as best she could, and handled the trip better than her trainer, and was the only one of the trio still awake, though she laid down nearby to rest with her head up so she could watch the other humans and pokemon.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:23 pm
Physically Luke was more than ready to rest for the night, but sleep never came quite so easily. He sat a short ways from the campfire, his chin on his knees, mentally and physically disengaged but still quite awake. Mieu lay at his side, having failed to keep vigil alongside his trainer, curled snugly into a ball of teal and white, enjoying peaceful slumber. He wasn't accustomed to walking around so much, nor to being on such heightened alert for so long. Protecting was difficult work.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:59 pm
Since the kids were tired, Yuri ended up being the one to cook dinner. Something he didn't particularly mind. He always had to cook for himself, and sometimes others, so it was really no big deal. He wouldn't go so far as to say he enjoyed it, but it wasn't disagreeable either.

And thus he was near the fire, tending to the food. A rich dish was being prepared, and the smell of food wafted on the sea breeze.

Repede was laying down nearby, his eye closed and resting.

"Hey, you're not all falling asleep already are you? I don't think Repede and I can eat all of this."  
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:02 pm
The sound of carving wood paused as both the knife and the carved wood were lowered into the women's lap. Taking away just one of the soft noises of the night, but replacing it with a spoken voice.
"I'm impressed, I didn't expect her to do as well as she did today."
As the trainer spoke, the large snake next to her opened his large greens eyes, and lifted his head lightly.
Arching and eyebrow and looking over to Yuri. "We'll wake her up when the foods done, if not we can save some for the morning. I however, am not going to miss out on this, it smells awesome."
She narrowed her eyes "so you are a chef..."

Rayan was looking over at Seraphine, who she had found was asleep, . "Isabella." Ray whispered toward the Absol, who was still awake. Digging into her bag she pulled out what looked like a block, tossing it over toward the dark type after gesturing to it.

Double Stripe's eyes blinked and his head lifted a little higher, Ray snickered, popping one into her mouth, DS stared at her with wide eyes, horrified that she would do that to him. Before she snickered and held one out to him.

"Hey, you want one?" Ray asked, holding one out to Luke himself, since his Flareon was asleep.
"Hey, Yuri, Repede. Pokeblock."
Though it was a traditionally pokemon only treat, Ray seemed to have no qualms with consuming it herself.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:43 pm
Isabella was fully aware of those talking around her, including when Ray spoke of her mistress. Her attention was pulled specifically to the woman, however, when she whispered her name, and she turned to regard her with a curious glance. The pokeblock tossed her way was unexpected and she jerked her head away from the foreign object of unknown properties, though when it landed between her paws she lowered her head to sniff at it. Once assured that it was, in fact, edible, the Absol picked it up in her teeth to eat it silently.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff