Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[ORP] All Aboard the SS Party! [Open!] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:28 pm
||Rosie, Luke, Vincent||

Taking up the offered arm, Andre gave a quiet trill of laughter. "I'm fine, perfectly fine." He assured that taller male, giving his arm a light pat. "I'm surprised you haven't had more." Maybe Vincent had been drinking and he just hadn't noticed? Is that where his drinks had come from? He couldn't recall, it hardly mattered. Point was he had been steadily supplied with sweet, fruity drinks and he was a happy man because of it. Now...if only Vincent would move a bit closer to the dessert table...everything would be perfect. But it seemed like that would have to wait, as they were moving farther away from the table of what were sure to be delicious pastries and closer to the happy couple. He had half a mind to complain about this change of location but that wouldn't be very polite and he was actually quite busy watching the floor blur past underneath him.

As they came to stand beside Ray, a slight shift besides the grey haired woman caught his attention. Why hadn't he noticed this person before? He'd been more or less people watching the entire evening and apparently he had skimmed right over the short, brunette girl. She looked rather pretty, all dressed up in a stunning shade of emerald green. There was something about her that was rather...familiar. He subtly watch the unknown girl from his peripherals as he turned a smile to Rosie. "Congratulations to the both of you." He hummed, bowing his head slightly. "I'm so happy for you Rosie and my, that's quite the ring." He gave the ring a cursory glance before turning his attention back to unknown female number one. Why was she so familiar? But then she spoke and though she spoke quietly it was rather easy to connect where he had heard that voice before. Oh. OH. Well then, that certainly was interesting. "Have you set a date, yet?" He asked curiously, fighting back the knowing smile that was threatening to take over.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:48 pm
[Rosie, Luke, and anyone else close by!]

Speech successfully made Dith let out a relieved breath and took another sip of his drink before moving over towards Luke and Rosie and... was that Dove vanishing? He caught the sparkle of the top part of her dress but then she was gone in the crowd. He arrived just in time to hear Sera's comment and a frown of concern knit his brow; was something up? He'd find out, it was probably nothing but after how Dove had spoken to him of not really feeling connected to the others... well it wouldn't take long to spot her and then check up on her.

"Rosie, Luke, my congratulations again," he grinned as he came up beside them, along with Sera, Yuri and a few people he didn't know so well/at all. Undeterred by this he went on with; "For after the buffet there is cake! Birthday cake for me and an engagement cake for you... I kind of hedged my bets so one is fruit cake and one is chocolate and... I..." Dith blinked, "...have forgotten which is which." Bugger. The only thing he had sorted for the party, because he had wanted to get the second cake without his parents knowing, and he had managed to forget that minor detail. "But! Also there are cupcakes for people that don't like either. Anyway, there's a cake of some kind for you to cut later."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:16 pm
( Kirk, Clara)

They were gathering? Alexa sighed and motioned to her pokemon to follow. She fluffed her curls and kept somewhat close to Kirk. What could Dima have to possibly announce? Certainly not his birthday. Something possibly important. She looked down at Glit and Sideways and smiled. Sideways was behaving very well. Alexa stroked her flareons head and listened.

International waters, pirates possibly. She had long passed the age of caring about being carded. Alexa looked over the crowd and smiled slightly. Before the night, someone was going to over indulge. Free alcohol and no age limits. It always lead to trouble.

Champagne? Ooh, a toast? It didn’t seem nearly late enough to toast in the New Year. Alexa took the glass and smiled at the waitress. Pretty. She listened, lips thinning. Not a toast. What… no, certainly no one on the ship was of age to be marrying. Frag. It was a wedding announcement. Dima hadn’t been near any woman or man so it wasn’t him. New beginnings, yah… no. Alexa gave a soft polite cough, stifling the urge to crank her neck to stare at the kids. They were kids.

She lifted her glass in a toast and sipped the champagne to keep from remarking. She gave them three weeks. Lovely. Kids marrying and had they even sampled the forbidden delights? Bought the instruction book of love?

Ooh? Alexa shifted, paused and laughed lightly. “It seems I was so nervouse about double checking my makeup, I forgot to pick up my scarf. I had a metallic blue silk number picked out too.” She sighed and smiled. “How can I say no to such a sweet offer,” she muttered reaching it to take the scarf. She accepted it and chuckled gently.

“Well,” Alexa muttered, looking at Kirk as she situated the scarf. “It seems I’m not the only one with similar tastes.” She finished the champagne and set the delicate glass to the side.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:36 pm
[Alexa]

"Hum?... Oh, it's a good colour for you," Kirk said a little distractedly as he turned back to Alexa and took in the scarf. He soon got a grip however, took a sip of his drink and tilted his head closer to his companion's. "So, did you mark the Mew that girl was flaunting?... I wonder where she got it. I wouldn't mind one of my own, though not in that colour of course." It wouldn't go with his hair. "She seems to have gone though," Kirk added, glancing about but failing to spot the trainee disco ball in the small throng. "I suppose we'll spot her again later though, we can ask her then."

It was no small thing for her to be displaying in fact he was surprised nobody else had spotted it and commented. Then again maybe they had spotted and quietly whispered to one another as he was doing with Alexa now rather than approaching Dove and broaching the subject.

In any case, the point was that he was pretty sure the Mew had to be one of the clones TR created for sale to the public through various channels. Did Ms Model know that, he wondered? Had some of her money passed into The Boss' pocket? Now that was a pleasing thought.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:41 pm
(Kirk)

“Someone is distracted,” Alexa replied, smiling brightly and tone lightly teasing. “But the child marriage was rather unexpected. And yes, the Mew.” She gave a serious consideration of the pokemon, never a fan of pink but if it had been some other color and Kirk words lent that they had the technology to do so… perhaps. “I was surprised she was flaunting a legendary, but then her taste was atrocious for a simple birthday party.”

A clone? More than likely. She idly stroked Sideswipe’s fluff, looking over the crowd. “Did you expect the announcement about Rose and Luke?”  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:59 pm
[Alexa]

"Oh, you know, just distracted by my bad luck; that I didn't meet Luke before Rosie did," KO replied dryly with a smirk and an arch of his eyebrow. "Did I expect it? No, I had no idea who they were until Dima announced it... good luck to them though I guess," he gave a little shrug, "they're going to need it if they keep fighting Team Rocket." He could almost clock this party as work hours, getting a better feels for some of the trainers who had been such a nuisance. It was good to know for example that one of them owned a psychic type legendary, albeit only a trainer-consigned knock-off.

"Maybe one of her friends knows about the Mew," Kirk continued, "but... do you think it would be rude to ask right now?" A little gesture of his glass towards the happy couple, and the giant man, explained his apparent concern to Alexa - apparent being operative.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:07 pm
(Kirk)

“Luke is a handsome man, a bit young for anything but a fling.” Alexa said dryly, looking over the young man. “Mmhmm they do need quite a bit of luck.” She curled her fingers in the flareon’s fur, eyes half closed. “Ooh, I think it would be rude. We haven’t even congratulated the happy couple yet. To just ask about the curiosity.” She gave a little half hitch of a shoulder.

“It can wait for a bit, there will be time to question them. She’ll likely spill the story herself. She seems the type to like to gossip. Or… we could talk to the young man she came here with.”  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:17 pm
[Clara]

Anything the women might have continued on saying was put to a stop when she felt a hand on her arm.
Mossy eyes fell on a smaller form, and for a moment lingered before she turned to face the women dressed in a pretty green dress.
"You know I'm usually good with faces." She said in a quieter tone "But not entirely with people, its the pokemon that I know very well, and I thought he looked familiar."
Whatever she meant to say by that she left it as it was, grinning and stepping toward her "Lead the way miss," She offered with a gesture of her hand.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:29 pm
[Ray]

Clara didn't even dare look at Andre or Vincent; she was too intent on Ray and she knew better than to check. The woman's words allowed her to breathe a small sigh of relief (she still wasn't entirely sure what Ray meant) and she gently tugged her away to a quiet corner on deck still in sight of the others. She didn't want to seem too suspicious or anything like that.

"I'm so sorry; I didn't mean to take you away from your friends like that, but I could see no other time to do it." It was then that she caught sight of Supercilious with Double Stripe. Wait, so did that mean Ray remembered her from the first time she met Silly, or the time in the mines...? Ugh, nevermind, she didn't want to stress herself out about that now. It was taking all of her courage to even just ask this one favor. Shutting her eyes tight and clapping her hands together abruptly, she bowed low at the waist and begged Ray, "Please, please would you help me train my pokemon?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:37 pm
[Clara]

Ray crossed her long arms across her chest as she waited for Clara to explain what she wanted, her half lidded eyes widening slightly as she shared a glance with Double Stripe, before looking back to the girl.
"Train your pokemon?" She asked, leaning forward in her own stance as Clara bowed "Hey you know I'm all for helping out with pokemon, but... why ask me? I'm not the kind of person to train in a typical sense, you know that right?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:40 pm
(Um...anyone, I guess? XD )

Dove, after setting aside her champagne glass with a somewhat stressed--and very embarrassed; downing an entire toasting drink? Her etiquette coach would be having a heart attack right now-- smile to the waitress who accepted the flute, disappeared below deck, following the instruction of another staff member who pointed her in the direction of the restrooms. Once safely out of sight, Trill peering curiously up at her from her shoulder, the girl slowed and stilled, setting her fingers to her temples, her eyes closing as she fought the swell of mixed emotions and unreasonable panic.

Happy... she was happy for Luke and Rosie. Confused, yes, that too, and shocked, but happy, she thought. The announcement, however, as innocent and beautifully worded it had been, had completely thrown her off guard and all but shattered her mental bar against her situation at hand, and again, time seemed to be the enemy once more. All this time, and she still had no plan, and yet she refused to let it affect anyone here. It was Dith's birthday, and Luke and Rosie's news was good, great even. She couldn't show any sign of being off tonight.

Taking a deep breath, she stepped toward a mirror, swallowing hard at how pale her reflection looked. So what if this was potentially her last night to see all of these people? They didn't need to know that. She needed to calm her nerves immediately, make herself forget all of this again, at least until tomorrow. Surely there was enough to keep her distracted, though of course, talk of engagements-- the word sounded horrid in her mind-- would potentially be hard to avoid now...Not that it needed to be avoided, she knew and quickly reminded herself. They deserved to revel in it, and again, she steeled herself, refusing to mar it in the slightest.

For a few more long minutes, she would remain alone, letting the silence quell her anxiety and thought to herself. The champagne wouldn't be enough to soothe her nerves. Alcohol generally seemed to be a terrible idea, she thought, but if she was careful... maybe it would calm her a bit. Something simple.... right. That would be much better than trusting herself to contain--or if she failed to contain it, explain-- her emotions.

Resolved, the woman ran her hand over the curious little mew's head, then brought herself back up to the deck, quietly surveying the scene for the most subtle paths she could find.

Trill, as if it could read its trainer's emotions, hovered next to her, then looked around as well before transforming into the closest fire type-- a flareon-- and staying close to her, quietly padding along at her side.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:47 pm
[Ray]

The brunette looked up slightly from her bow. "Y-yes," she said hesitantly, glad she hadn't yet been outright rejected. There was still a chance! "Th-that's actually why. Why I wanted to ask you specifically...because of your skill and your methods." Nevermind how she knew of them. "Do you...do you think I wouldn't be suitable for your kind of training? I promise to work hard and put all my effort into everything I do."

It was a purpose in life she hadn't had imposed on her for once. And she actually knew the good it would do for herself, those she cared about, and possibly the entire Kodo reigon. "I think...I thought it was hopeless with Silly, but seeing you work with him gave me hope for the first time. Since then, I've wanted more than anything to be the best trainer I can be and to help the League against...those who would threaten the safety of others."  

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:53 pm
Ray let out a sharp hum, looking over at the other large grass type, Silly, who she knew the girl had had trouble with before.
She didn't know how much Clara knew about the kind of training Ray did, and the kind of commitment she expected from someone. It was a means to and end in her last experience with training someone, and despite Ray's dismissive attitude, it had disappointed her.

"Working hard is just the first step, you don't just work hard at this its an immersion into a new lifestyle..." there was doubt on the women's lips, but no words to turn down the girl's request.
"the day the trainer center opens, come to the fields outside the city and meet me there. We'll discuss it more and I'll give you an idea for what kind of training I do. and you can make you're choice if you want to take this seriously or not. I'm not going to spend time on someone who drops it after a month or two."  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:10 pm
[Ray]

Though it was completely unexpected even to herself, Clara found a small smile on her face at Ray's remark regarding an immersion into a new lifestyle. "That, I have already done..." she said, her voice lowering for a moment into something more masculine before she caught herself. "Ah...what I mean is, that will not be a problem."

"Right. Wait, I'm sorry, when is that?" Clara asked, her momentary display of confidence gone as she righted herself. "The day the trainer center opens? I'm sorry, I should know this, but I can't recall the exact date." Were they going to use the trainer centers? That seemed a bit tame. She hoped not; she wanted to get the full experience that Sera had had. Of course, Clara guessed she might regret her wish later, but she was determined to stick to it no matter what. She hadn't come this far for naught.  

Akira Midoriyama

Bashful Friend

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:00 pm
(Anyone at the bar)

Slowly winding through the crowd, Dove made her way to the long, sleek bar table, offering a smile to the young man behind it and asking for something light, not too strong. She watched quietly--and absently-- as it was made, her expression blank until he offered her the delicate glass, a pecha berry hanging over its rim. Accepting it with a small smile and a soft word of thanks, she took her drink and turned to look back at the crowd, her gaze anywhere but the happy couple, hoping to keep her own thoughts at bay as she sipped solemnly at the drink.

Trill sat quietly by her heel, still watching her, its fluffy tail waving behind it as it watched Lovey politely dismiss herself from the collection of pokemon at the center of the deck and search for Yuri's growlithe, shivering. Diana would stay and listen to the others.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff