Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[ORP] Makko Shore Festival Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:30 pm
Ray flashed a toothy grin at the boy's enthusiasm, Ah that wasn't something you saw everyday, and it was nice. People like this, who could hold onto this kind of passion were the kind of people who would change the world someday.

Swatting a hand out to pat the boy on the ground with the back of her hand. Glancing over to eye who he had been indicating too, and letting her grin only broaden as she recognized who he was talking about.
"Dith huh? Good deal, I've never seen his pokemon in action, but I know he's a trainer too. And you're ganna teach him volleyball? Is that were you get the jumping from?"  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:43 pm
Ray

Dith? Oh yeah, he had said that that was his nickname, hadn't he? It was somewhat surprising that the two knew each other, though perhaps it shouldn't have been with as big as the event was; there were probably people from all over the island in attendance. "Yeah!" he replied, invigorated by the prospect of speaking about his favorite pastime. "I tried a lot of different kinds of sports when I was younger, but then I saw a really incredible volleyball match with a reeeeally incredible player and I had to try it out! It's super cool and a lot of fun!"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:44 pm
"I'll be honest, I never heard anyone speak about Volleyball that way. In fact I think you're the first person I've met that actually plays it, I'm usually around the crowd that would go off about pokemon training." A chuckle and then "Heck I'm one of those."  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:49 pm
Ray

"Ah-- Did you always live in a trainer region then?" he assumed, looking equal parts impressed and envious. "Aw, that must have been nice, I'm so jealous..."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:50 pm
"I don't remember a day that I didn't have a swarm of pokemon to hang out with." Ray confirmed reaching a hand up to put it on Double Stripe's neck. "I grew up in Unova, so yup! Where did you grow up that didn't have a League presence huh? must have sucked."  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:57 pm
Ray

"Sooo nice!" He couldn't imagine living in a place that was always surrounded by pokemon. Even in Kodo there weren't all that many pokemon out and about - not in the city, at least. Seeing some here and there was leaps and bounds better than seeing none at all, though. "I grew up in a kinda rural part of Japan," he answered, pouting slightly. "There wasn't a League or trainers or even enough pokemon that you'd definitely see one every day. But! When I was little," (perhaps somewhat ironic words for the 5'3" boy), "I lived in Kanto, and there were always pokemon around! Anytime you went to the park there were people battling, and there were always tournaments and stuff on television! It was really neat; I tried to keep up with it online when we moved, but it just wasn't the same..."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:15 pm
Ray seemed to wince, if only just a little, "Nnn, yeah I've head of that place before," It was with a more sympathetic grin that she gave the boy as he continued his story, shaking her head lightly and crossing her arms "That must have been pretty hard, I can't imagine having to go through all of that."
reaching up to brush the hair out of her eye Ray fixed him with a curious look "So out of curiosity, what brings you here to Kodo? Of all places?"  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:24 pm
Ray

Shoyo nodded his ready agreement, "Right? It was so frustrating! I thought I at least found something I could do when I started volleyball, but then my middle school didn't even have a proper team!" His younger years had been awfully trying, but at least he was finally in a place that had pokemon and even a League presence. He wasn't about to try to ask for any more than that. "My whole family moved here a few months back," he replied, his vexation dissipating easily with the change of subject. "My dad's job transferred him; that was why we moved from Kanto to Sendai the first time too."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:41 pm
"Welp! At the very least now you've got more pokemon around!" Ray offered with arched eyebrows.
Kodo wasn't exactly the best place to come move too, but hey, what were ya ganna do.
"A bit of a League too, if you wanna call it that, So what are your plans?"  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:52 pm
Ray

"First I'm gonna catch a pokemon!" he said, enthusiastic, but then backpedaled a bit, "I mean, first I'll probably learn what I can from Dima, but somewhere along the line I'm definitely gonna catch a pokemon. And then we'll battle a lot to get super strong and super good at battling!" That was what trainers did, right?  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:20 am
Ray ginned, but in response just held up a hand to offer him a high five.
Hey, everyone had to start somewhere, and she was all for kids wanting to build a more meaningful life with pokemon, no matter where they were and how.

Emith too, seemed to share her own voice on the subject, though it wasn't entirely certain what she was saying as she jabbered on in the language she was born with, reaching a large claw out as she stepped forward to study the boy and bopping it over his fluffy hair a couple of times.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:41 am
Ray

Shoyo recognized the signal for a high five much more easily than a certain other redhead, and he responded more appropriately as well, returning the gesture with energy and enthusiasm.

He looked to the pokemon that started to speak, unsure of what it was trying to convey but fairly certain that when it advanced and reached out with one of its great claws, it wasn't doing so with any foul intent. Realization struck him as he watched the creature, "Oh! You're a Scizor, aren't you? You look really different and cool!"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:51 am
His high five was met with a solid hand, Ray taking the nice high five with, her long fingers curling back down as he settled, mossy eyes sliding over to Emith who, upon being recognized and complemented jerked her head back, and with only a momentary flash of sheepish grin she hitched on a more confident smirk and lifted her claws up clamping them rapidly in a way to show off.

"Isn't she!?" Ray burst, leaning forward to place herself next to the pokemon, putting hand on her shoulder. "This is Emith, I call her Em, She's something else- I'll tell you, Fits in well with our little awesome gang."  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:06 pm
Ray

Shoyo was easily taken in by the display, reiterating with a laugh how cool the Scizor was. "Em, huh!" It was a little hard to say, and he barely stopped himself from reflexively adding an extra half of a syllable at the end to make the name more pronounceable. "Oh yeah! All your pokemon look really different, don't they?" He looked from the Crobat to the Serperior, confirming his own words. "My Hawlucha looks different too! My parents said he's melon-colored. I guess it's some kind of condition?"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:26 pm
"Melon colored?" Ray repeated, instantly picturing a green striped pokemon, or maybe red with spots? "Well, wait, what kind of melon are we talking about?"  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff