Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Wool's Orphanage Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:57 pm
User ImageUser Image

𝓐𝓰𝒆 ℱ𝓲𝓿𝒆𝓞𝓻𝓹𝓱𝓪𝓷

Leiland noticed Jesse's smile, so he mimicked the gesture, pushing a curl back behind his ears. His bright green eyes focused on the man, still trying to decipher him. He seemed nice enough, though anyone who helped him find his glasses and made sure he was okay tended to be a nice person. He wasn't anything like Lee's parents had always been, anyhow. They usually opted to leave him where he fell so he'd learn not to fall again. Sometimes they even found delight in pushing his glasses away so he'd spend time searching and less time bothering them. He hated when people took his glasses. Unbeknownst to him, the thoughts of his parents made a grumpy expression appear on his face, only for it to be replaced by surprise when Jesse ruffled his hair. He complemented the fact that he always got back up after falling down, so Lee's little smile returned. "Oh, th-thank you. It is nice that you hel-helped me too." He nodded, curls bouncing around, covering his eyes again before getting pushed away.

After saying apologizing that Jesse grew up anywhere near this orphanage, the redhead looked a bit thoughtful. Briefly, Lee pondered what the man was thinking, but then he spoke up. He said that usually people didn't like it here and that they all wanted a home and a family, but that it wouldn't happen for them. Lee's gaze traveled down, the boy hanging his head for a second, before returning his gaze to Jesse. "I-I have a home. And a fa-family too." He sniffled, though luckily he wasn't crying. He didn't want to cry in front of Jesse! "My momma and daddy... but they don't like me. Nooo... an' after Grampa died, they st-still didn't want to have me. They were gonna ha-have a new baby, so I moved h-here." He sniffled again, this time wiping his eyes as they'd become a little damp. When he first moved here, he had cried a lot, but he'd largely come to realize that crying wouldn't suddenly make his parents love him, so he tried to stop, but sometimes he just got so overwhelmed by emotions!

Red Hot Missy

Jᴜsᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʙᴀʟʟᴏᴏɴs ᴡᴇ sᴏᴀʀ ᴏɴ ᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ
Fɪɴᴀʟʟʏ ꜰʀᴇᴇ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀɪɴ ᴏꜰ ᴏᴜʀ ʜᴏᴍᴇ
Aɴᴅ ᴊᴜsᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʙᴀʟʟᴏᴏɴs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ʜᴏʟᴅ
Fʀᴇᴇ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴋɴᴏᴡ
Jᴜsᴛ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴄʜɪʟᴅʀᴇɴ, ɴᴏᴛ ᴀᴛ ᴀʟʟ sᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇ
Uɴᴛɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛs ᴡᴇɴᴛ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇᴅ
Aʟᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀꜰʀᴀɪᴅ ꜰᴏʀ ᴏʜ sᴏ ʟᴏɴɢ

𝒲𝑜𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓌𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒹𝒾𝒹 𝓌𝑒 𝒹𝑜 𝓌𝓇𝑜𝓃𝑔?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:30 pm
User Image
                                                                Time is a valuable thing
                                                                Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings
                                                                Watch it count down to the end of the day
                                                                The clock ticks life away
                                                                It’s so unreal

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Where am I? Wool's
                                                                Who am I with? No one
                                                                What am I doing? Checking the orphanage out
                                                                What am I thinking? ............Either my memory's shite, or this place isn't as bad as I remember...
                                                                Who's Important to me? Elliott Holt
                                                                What am I wearing? Visiting the Orphanage

Jesse blinked when Leiland mentioned having a family and home, but then froze when he mentioned that they didn't want him. The way the kid was reacting wasn't helping either, and Jesse had to quash his initial reaction to swear. He knew all too well how bad it was to know that you weren't wanted or not liked by parents. He'd had to deal with it himself, which was why he tried his damnedest to stay away from the Strudwicks save for Arden. Which, he was even tempted to grab his cousin and take him away too, but being dumped in an orphanage was a lot better than having your memories wiped and dumped on the street to die. He took a deep breath, reminding himself that Leiland was in a better position than he was when he was younger and hadn't had his memories tampered with, at least to his knowledge. There were other ways someone could be abusive, and considering he'd been through all of them at one point or another, he realized that it could have been much worse.

He considered his options, and had to put a brake on the thought of just taking the kid home with him immediately. That would probably get Elli mad at him, and considering that they had enough fights as it was because of miscommunication or noncommunication, he didn't want to spark another one. Nodding to himself, he stood. "Well, maybe you don't have to stay here. I mean, I'd have to talk to some people, but I could help out I think." And if nothing else, Ken could probably be persuaded to take Leiland in if he couldn't persuade Elli. Jesse was just hoping that Elli could see all the problems Jesse could with what had already happened with the kid.

OOC:

Things aren’t the way they were before
                                                                You wouldn’t even recognize me anymore
                                                                Not that you knew me back then
                                                                But it all comes back to me
                                                                In the end

Miss GryffindorK

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:17 am
User ImageUser Image

𝓐𝓰𝒆 ℱ𝓲𝓿𝒆𝓞𝓻𝓹𝓱𝓪𝓷

Leiland watched Jesse, pondering his emotions. For some reason, he looked a bit sad. The blonde tilted his head, curious about what the redhead was upset about. Could it be that he had had a similar past? Or maybe it was more of a pity, that he was sad for Lee's tale. The boy pushed his curls away from his eyes and pulled his glasses off, scrubbing them on his sweater before pushing them back on. It was always good to have clean specs, so he liked to try to keep his clean, though they always seemed smudgy. Maybe he had smudgy stuff in his hair or something? Usually when his glasses were messy he could ask someone to clean them, but he wasn't sure about asking Jesse to help. Sure, Jesse was really nice, but Lee was always scared to hand over his glasses. Heck, it had taken nearly a week for him to ask Steffi to help clean them, and another full week for him to come around to Luke. Kalin he'd only asked once, but it was because he got peanut butter on his lenses.

When the boy realized he'd lost himself in his own thoughts, Lee shook his head to try and return focus on Jesse. Wait... what had they been talking about? A confused expression dawned on the boy's face, his mind trying to connect the dots from his prior thoughts. Luckily, Jesse spoke up, snapping the dots together until Lee remembered what had been their topic of discussion. But Jesse was saying he could help get him out of this place. Did that mean he was considering adoption? Or perhaps he was planning on asking the Belthaires to allow Lee to return to their care. Regardless, getting out of this crowded house in this scary city would be nothing but good. "Yo-you want to get m-me out? O-of here? I would like that, I... I think." He nodded, returning his gaze to Jesse's eyes. If Jesse really did want to adopt, Lee would take the offer, but he was expecting to be stuck in this place forever, never making friends or remembering names... It was nightmarish.

Red Hot Missy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:01 pm
User Image
Fourth Year

Summer had finally arrived. Alana like she usually did was sitting quietly scribbling away on a note pad. She’d just seen Kimberly a little while ago in passing. Her sister’s did their own thing. Minako was probably trying to figure out an outfit for a party at the Overton’s place. The Ravenclaw was trying to get her to go probably because she didn’t want her to be left alone. Candace would be going and Kimberly who rightly knew with her. Alana just wasn’t sure. When things worried her she went to her comfort, writing.

Alana sighed slightly. What was she going to do? She pushed the thought away she set the notebook down and closed her eyes. Perhaps if she didn’t think about it she’d feel better. So instead she tried to think of nothing. She could mediate… who was she kidding no one could meditate in this place. Opening her eyes Alana looked back to her notes. It was then she noticed what was wrong with what she was staring at. One problem solved as she took her pencil and fixed the music notes on it. Now if only she could solve her second problem.

With : Myself at the moment

Attire : Teal Dress

OOC : Might have Kimberly show back up later.

Miss GryffindorK

Loyal and heartfelt, Yet also shy,
                                                  You'll blossom quite nicely in...
                                                  Hufflepuff!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:26 pm
User ImageUser Image

𝓐𝓰𝒆 ℱ𝓲𝓿𝒆𝓞𝓻𝓹𝓱𝓪𝓷

Leiland was wandering around the lower level of the orphanage, searching everywhere for his missing book. It was definitely somewhere around here, because he was pretty sure he hadn't left it at school.... Or had he? No, darn it! He had to focus! What was he looking for again? He looked around, eyebrows furrowed, until he remembered that it was his book he was after. The child sat in front of one of the bookshelves, searching for his favorite book. Steffi would probably be mad he lost it because it was a magical storybook... Oh dear. Just then, he discovered the worn copy of his beloved book peeking out from his school bag. Silly him!

Lee grabbed his book and pushed it open, flipping to the story about the Three Brothers. He'd always wondered what it would be like to have brothers... or maybe an invisibility cloak. That'd be awesome! Then he'd never have to talk to people or get teased by the school bully or anything! While wandering with his nose in his book, Lee fell over, blushing even though no one was there. It was a close enough call, though, so he pushed his book back into his bag before scurrying away. Unfortunately, it wasn't mush longer before he tripped and slammed face-first into one of the older kids. He flailed his arms wildly for a second, then fell backwards onto his bum. After the initial shock had worn off, the boy adjusted his glasses and tilted his head up, looking at the person. "I-I-I'm sor-sorry..." He flushed and tilted his head down to the floor, feeling foolish as usual.

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:06 pm
User Image
Fourth Year

Alana smiled to herself as she continued her work. Looking up from her work she noticed a small white haired boy scurrying around. She didn’t noticed him before she left for Hogwarts last summer though there were a lot of kids it was easy to overlook one or two. Perhaps he came after she left, she thought to herself. Pushing the thought away she went back to her notepad. Placing notes here and there for her sisters to look over.

It was then that something or rather someone collided headfirst into her. Looking over at who it had been, Alana was surprised to see the young boy from earlier. Throwing her pad to the side as he began to apologize, the Spanish girl shook her head. “It’s okay,” She told him. He reminded him of her a bit and perhaps even Candace. “Are you alright?” She asked him as she held out her hands in offering to help him up.

With : Lee

OOC : ---

Miss GryffindorK

Hufflepuff!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:47 am
User ImageUser Image

𝓐𝓰𝒆 ℱ𝓲𝓿𝒆𝓞𝓻𝓹𝓱𝓪𝓷

Leiland ruffled at his messy hair as the older kid spoke, telling him it was okay. At that, he chanced peeking up, making sure she wasn't angry. Last time he ran into someone, they stood him up, then pushed him over in front of the whole entire class at school. This girl, however, seemed to be genuinely nice, so he set his hands in hers and pulled himself off the floor, pondering her question. Was he alright? Usually his go-to answer was that yes, he would be alright, but he had realized that he said that regardless of actual condition, and last time he'd actually been hurt.... After deciding that he was indeed alright, he offered a small nod, bright green eyes watching the girl curiously. "I-I am fine... yes... A-are you?" He had to make sure he hadn't hurt her, because that would be really very bad. If she was hurt, he'd have to go find a grown up, and that meant talking to even more people, which wasn't something he particularly wanted to do...

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:24 pm
User Image
Fourth Year

Alana helped him onto his feet. She was relieved to hear that the young boy was alright. After all she certainly didn’t want him to be hurt or anything. That wouldn’t be good. Looking at those small curious green eyes, she thought it was sweet that he cared about her well-being. For such a young boy he seemed awfully sweet. He just had horribly bad luck with staying on his feet.

“I’m fine, no need to worry about me.” Alana told the boy with a small smile. “I don’t believe we’ve met. I’m Alana,” She introduced herself. It was only polite for her to do so right. After all they were both staying in the same place. It was best to know each other right? That’s what Candace would say. “What’s your name?” Alana asked brightly. See she could be social… even if she was socializing with one younger than her.

With : Lee

OOC : ---

Miss GryffindorK

Hufflepuff!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:39 pm
User ImageUser Image

𝓐𝓰𝒆 ℱ𝓲𝓿𝒆𝓞𝓻𝓹𝓱𝓪𝓷

Leiland stared at the girl, occasionally tilting his head one way or the other. She said she was alright, and he trusted her.... but only on this one thing. Normally people didn't lie about if they were hurting, and if they did, they pretended to be hurt really bad to get someone in trouble. After a second, she mentioned her name, Alana, which he thought suited her quite well.... though he kinda thought she looked like a Lilly.... He blushed a little bit when she asked for the same information from him, the boy shuffling his feet a bit. "L-Leiland. L-L-Leiland is my n-name." He looked down at the floor for a minute, hugging his plushie cat close. After a minute, he chanced peeking up at her again, eyes bright when paired with the pink of his little cheeks.

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:05 pm
User Image
                                                                Time is a valuable thing
                                                                It’s so unreal

Where am I? Wool's
                                                                Who am I with? Elliott
                                                                What am I doing? Persuading Elliott
                                                                What am I thinking? Well, here's to nothing.

Jesse had probably tried for months to persuade Elliott that no, he wasn't crazy or having another psychotic episode, and that he actually met a kid he didn't mind being around. Granted, this took a lot of convincing, but he had at least managed to persuade Elli to meet the kid at least. Which was what led the two of them here, and Jesse was certain that either Elli was going to be convinced that Jesse needed more therapy, or saw the same things Jesse did and actually agree with him. He'd had plenty of experience with families that had 'subpar' children and discarded them like they could always have another. Now his parents didn't have one of their children as heir and had to deal with Arden as a result, and Jesse felt worse for Arden than he did for his parents.

Stopping at the entry, he gave Elli a look and bit his lip. "Okay, so his name is Leiland, and he's probably somewhere around here. We could probably find him easier if we hear someone fall. He is a sweet kid though so..." He bit his lip and didn't think there was much else to add to that statement. After all, he wasn't sure what else he could do to persuade Elli to get Leiland out of the situation he was in. After all, Jesse did have a criminal record, and he doubted he could adopt anyone with it. Something about past criminal behavior influencing children or something.

OOC:

In the end

Miss GryffindorK

Cara MiaKitty

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:19 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxWool's
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxJesse
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxBewildered
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ïƒ øṉlÿ ÿøυ hαḋ ќṉøώṉ ṃε вεƒøɾε τhε αссïḋεṉτxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ƒøɾ ώïτh τhατ ģɾαṉḋ сøllïṡïøṉ сαṃε α ģɾαṿε сøṉṡεσυεṉсεxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ɾεсερτøɾṡ øṿεɾløαḋεḋ, τhεÿ вυɾṡτ αṉḋ ḋïṡсøṉṉεсτxxxxxx
                                                          υṉτïl τhεɾε ώαṡ lïττlε ƒεεlïṉģ, ρlεαṡε ώøɾќ ώïτh ώhατ ïṡ lεƒτxxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceElliott had no one but himself to blame, really. He should've known that his attempts to convince Jesse that he wasn't some horrible, toxic influence on children could potentially result in his boyfriend actually wanting kids. But he'd not felt like he had much of a choice, since Sawyer was so bloody enamored with them both, and he'd certainly not figured on the redhead deciding he wanted kids now.

spaceWell, kid, anyway, singular. It was this one specific child he was interested in adopting, after all. Elliott had sort of hoped the idea would run its course and Jesse would drop it after a while, but that had not been the case. And, after a lot of debating back and forth and attempting to use logic to explain why this was an utterly horrible idea, the Ravenclaw had lost. Namely because, just as much as he'd insisted that Jesse would make a good parent, Jesse had insisted the same about him. Elliott was still pretty sure that was far from the truth, but at this point he had to at least humor Jesse. So, he'd meet the kid. And the kid would hate him, because what child in their right mind would like him, even a little? Sawyer was his brother's daughter, she was obviously insane, so she didn't count. Admittedly, he'd not been around other children, but he was pretty sure any kid would take one look at him and bolt.

spaceHe grumbled a little when Jesse mentioned the boy being clumsy. Had to be incredibly so, if that was the best method by which to locate him.
                                                          "You're kidding. Tell me you're ******** kidding," he deadpanned, voice low. This was going to be a disaster. Part of him was whispering that he should probably at least attempt to seem friendlier than usual, considering why they were here. Another part of him thought it'd be dishonest to present himself as anything other than the grumpy son of a b***h that he was. Still another told him that if Jesse thought he was actively trying to sabotage this endeavor, he'd be dead. Or at least on the couch. ******** hell.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxøh, ï ṉεεḋ ṉøτ вε ƒlαττεɾεḋ τhατ ÿøυ'ṿε ṉεṿεɾ вεεṉ hεɾε вεƒøɾε
                                                          xxxxxxṡø τhεɾε'ṡ ṉø ṉεεḋ τø ṃεṉτïøṉ τhατ ÿøυ'ṿε ṉø ƒïɾṡτṡ αṉÿṃøɾε
                                                          xxxxxxxxxвυτ ïƒ ÿøυ lετ ṃε вε ÿøυɾ ṡќÿlïṉε ï'll lετ ÿøυ вε τhε ώαṿε
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxτhατ ɾεḋυсεṡ ṃε τø ɾυввlε вυτ løøќεḋ ṡαƒε ƒɾøṃ ƒαɾ αώαÿ

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

Red Hot Missy

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:55 pm
User ImageUser Image

𝓐𝓰𝒆 ℱ𝓲𝓿𝒆𝓞𝓻𝓹𝓱𝓪𝓷

Leiland had spent much of the day working on his schoolwork, as he did every Saturday (after Joellen reminded him to do his studies). He had finished reading quickly, struggled through earth science, and did up all his writing with his neat lettering. He had saved maths for last, since it was his very favorite, plus his teacher had given him extra maths work to help make up for his low grade in speaking. At least she was trying to help him pass kindergarten... He stretched out in his bed, debating taking a nap, but he decided if he didn't get all his work done now he'd forget about it, then he'd get scolded by his teacher, and that would just be horrible.

With a resigned sigh, he pushed his maths work back into his satchel and slipped on his shoes, prepared to go downstairs to work. If he stayed in bed, he'd likely fall asleep, but the uncomfortable chairs downstairs would keep him awake! He hurried off in the direction of the stairs, only falling once on his hustle down the hallway. When he got to the stairs, he adjusted his bag and set both his hands on the wall, carefully stepping down. After his feet hit the bottom floor, he grinned, silently praising himself for not having fallen down the stairs all day. He hurried toward the front room, tripping over his own feet and falling forward. Unfortunately, even the most graceful falls usually end in disaster, and any of Lee's falls proved the same. His bag had spilled open, sending a mess of his school papers all around him, glasses askew on his face as he sat up. "Oh phooie." He exhaled heavily, beginning work on cleaning all his papers, trying to remember where everything went.

It was then that he noticed two grown-ups in the entryway, one of whom looked very familiar. The blonde pondered for a moment, ceasing his tidying to stare at the red-headed guy. Lee knew him from somewhere, but where? He didn't work at the school, he wasn't one of Grandpa Franklin's pals, he didn't have dinners with Mommy and Daddy.... or did he? Green eyes closed for a moment as he cursed his memory. WAIT. Lee had picked up some mental breadcrumbs, recognizing the red hair as similar to one of the characters in Toy Story, which teacher played at nap time a lot. What was their name, though? Oh! It was Jessie the cowgirl... so Jesse the guy that wanted to get him the heck outta London! Aha! A small smile graced the boy's heavily blushed cheeks, glad he'd remembered what was going on. He looked back at the guys, issuing a small wave, paperwork mess long forgotten in new mental pursuits.

Diamond Wales

Cara MiaKitty

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:37 pm
User Image
                                                                Time is a valuable thing
                                                                It’s so unreal

Where am I? Wool's
                                                                Who am I with? Elliott
                                                                What am I doing? Persuading Elliott
                                                                What am I thinking? Well, here's to nothing.

Jesse sighed as Elli asked if he was kidding about the tripping part. Honestly, that wasn't exactly a deal breaker, but he did eye Elli as they walked in. What, was there something wrong with someone that tripped a lot and likely had balance issues? He didn't think Elli was like that, but then again, he could be wrong. Sighing, he ran his hand through his hair and shrugged, glancing back toward Elli. "It's not like it's his fault, really. It might just be balance issues. Which is probably how he ended up in here, to be honest. Just because he wasn't a perfect pureblood child." The last part of his statement was spat a bit, like Jesse couldn't stand those types of people. Which, considering his past, he couldn't. Nevertheless, he was really hoping that Elli was a lot more tolerant about that sort of thing than some other people Jesse could think of.

When a telltale thumping came down the stairs, Jesse automatically was scanning the stairs above, his mouth drawn into a frown before he remembered that was likely Leiland falling again. Letting his gaze fall down to where the child had landed, he gave the child a small wave in return and knelt to help him gather his papers. Handing them back, he stayed down there, figuring he could help Leiland stand up if he was more at his level. "Hey Leiland. How've you been? Need a hand up, or do you think you're good?" Vaguely he wondered if this was a bad first impression for Elli or not, but that Jesse couldn't determine on his own. He just had to wait to see what Elli thought later.

OOC:

In the end

Miss GryffindorK

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 9:15 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxWool's
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxJesse, Lee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAwkward
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ïƒ øṉlÿ ÿøυ hαḋ ќṉøώṉ ṃε вεƒøɾε τhε αссïḋεṉτxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ƒøɾ ώïτh τhατ ģɾαṉḋ сøllïṡïøṉ сαṃε α ģɾαṿε сøṉṡεσυεṉсεxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ɾεсερτøɾṡ øṿεɾløαḋεḋ, τhεÿ вυɾṡτ αṉḋ ḋïṡсøṉṉεсτxxxxxx
                                                          υṉτïl τhεɾε ώαṡ lïττlε ƒεεlïṉģ, ρlεαṡε ώøɾќ ώïτh ώhατ ïṡ lεƒτxxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceElliott wanted to bang his head against the wall. He hadn't meant to imply something was wrong with the child, ******** hell. If this was any indication of what they'd be like trying to parent a child together, they might as well leave now. He didn't think they'd manage very well for very long if Jesse was going to instantly take every little expression of exasperation or bewilderment personally and get defensive over it. "I wasn't implying-"

spaceBefore he could finish his statement, a child came tumbling down the stairs. Had he been less aggravated, he would have offered to help; as it was, the sound took him by surprise, and he found himself staring in disbelief. "I'd rather hoped you were exaggerating," he muttered, glancing over to Jesse. This had to be the boy they were here to see, right? On the one hand, the odds of him almost literally falling into their laps the second they arrived seemed a bit unlikely. On the other hand, he would hope that Lee was the only child in the orphanage with such a dramatic balance problem.

spaceThe redhead seemed unphased, bending down to help the child collect his things. Elliott stared like he was watching a movie in a language he couldn't understand. Why was Jesse so bloody calm? He'd been warned that the child was exceptionally clumsy, and even seen it for himself now, but there seemed to be a distinct lack of... not concern, obviously Jesse was concerned, but Elli would think that there should be a little more... panic? when a child that small took a tumble that dramatic. He blinked. What was he even supposed to do, or say? No point in trying to help, the boy couldn't even carry enough for it to be worth two grown men getting down to gather up for him. He'd feel awkward introducing himself, since Jesse already knew the kid. Besides, what was he supposed to say? 'Hi, I'm Elliott, I'm Jesse's boyfriend, he wanted us to meet because he's got a bug up his arse about adopting you and this is him trying to convince me it's not a terrible idea.' That'd go over well. Coughing slightly, he fidgeted where he stood, not really sure what to do with himself. He was bad enough with people his own age. What the hell was he supposed to do with a kid?

╚════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxøh, ï ṉεεḋ ṉøτ вε ƒlαττεɾεḋ τhατ ÿøυ'ṿε ṉεṿεɾ вεεṉ hεɾε вεƒøɾε
                                                          xxxxxxṡø τhεɾε'ṡ ṉø ṉεεḋ τø ṃεṉτïøṉ τhατ ÿøυ'ṿε ṉø ƒïɾṡτṡ αṉÿṃøɾε
                                                          xxxxxxxxxвυτ ïƒ ÿøυ lετ ṃε вε ÿøυɾ ṡќÿlïṉε ï'll lετ ÿøυ вε τhε ώαṿε
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxτhατ ɾεḋυсεṡ ṃε τø ɾυввlε вυτ løøќεḋ ṡαƒε ƒɾøṃ ƒαɾ αώαÿ

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 10:20 pm
User ImageUser Image

𝓐𝓰𝒆 ℱ𝓲𝓿𝒆𝓞𝓻𝓹𝓱𝓪𝓷

Leiland looked around again, sighing at his own clumsiness. He'd been clumsy as long as he could remember (which honestly wasn't that long, honestly). He shook his head, remembering that he needed to clean up before he tripped someone else. But did his cleanliness really matter when Jesse was here? Or did it matter more? Luckily, Jesse crouched down and started helping, so the blonde offered a shaky grin. He hadn't ever been allowed to smile as a toddler, his parents usually preferring to scowl, or sometimes smirk in the good moods. Maybe that's why he had no friends... or was that because he didn't talk to anyone? Well, either way.

Green eyes flicked up to look at the redhead as he spoke. The five year old adjusted his glasses, then pushed the papers back in his bag. "I'm... al-alright, yes." He struggled with his bag for a moment, then pushed himself to a stand. At that moment, he noticed (or rather, remembered noticing,) the other guy Jesse had brought. He tilted his head, hair falling into his eyes. He shook his head, looking a bit annoyed at the curls, then tugged on Jesse's sleeve. "You... you have a fri-friend to-day?" He looked back at the other guy, noting that he looked a bit grumpy. Had he upset the other guy? He ducked his head down, shaky hands straightening his clothes a bit. Lee peeked up at the other guy, Jesse's friend, and offered a tiny wave toward him. It wasn't his Father, so he probably wasn't in trouble for falling. "M-my name's Leiland... or Lee, 'f y-you like that mo-more." He nodded once, eyes wide as he looked between the two. He'd met Jesse before, but honestly had no idea what had transpired in their last meeting. Curse his short memory! He tugged on one of his curls, biting his lip as he tried to figure out what was going on.

Diamond Wales

Cara MiaKitty

Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]