Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[ORP] Don't Get Cold Feet! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chibi_Kokoro143

Garbage Hoarder

13,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 2:46 pm
[???]

She saw the other Rocket members and nodded once in greeting.

Upon hearing that another member was unsuccessful and set out she had to ask. "Will I be able to set out and seek another target or would you prefer that I stay here for the duration?"

She really wanted to go and try again but she understand if she was to remain here. She was half and half on the matter but she prefer to seek out and try again.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 2:50 pm
[Fairy Tale girl]

Though she'd stilled, Sync wasn't about to let his guard down in case she was only momentarily dazed, or possibly faking it. Keeping one hand firmly attached to the pepper spray for now - the spray she absolutely did not want to let go of, it seemed - he dislodged his other arm from her teeth so that he could reach around and pull at the musical device. It wasn't necessary to his objective, but he wanted to take it as well, if for no other reason than she'd hopefully be upset about its loss.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 3:00 pm
[Artist]

Duke growled, the cord that held the pokeballs to the file held firmly in his teeth, and lashed out at the girl with Thunderwave.

Once the electricity had dissipated Regent - spotting the pokeball around the girl's neck made a leap for it, trying to catch it in his jaws and pull it from around her neck.

KO pondered his next move for all of two moments before deciding that a little overkill was better than not enough effort; he released Cojiro and Viceroy and gestured sharply towards the unfolding scene of chaos.

Cojiro puffed up his blue feathers importantly and hopped into the air to charge at the girl herself with a Quick Attack.

Viceroy bounded after his comrade, teeth flashing with a readied fire fang but not actually attacking yet, there were too many of his small friends around the girl for him to make a move just yet! Anyway he wasn't entirely sure what to do but Duke would know and would tell him soon no doubt!  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 3:43 pm
[Michiko]

"Given that the police have a description of your face and may still be in this area, it would probably be wise for you to remain here," Rook answered. "In fact, there's a possibility that the people in this area will end up being associated with Team Rocket if their targets saw them stealing pokemon, so you should take care when leaving the base in the future. Keep a low profile, maybe consider dying your hair if you're not too attached to the color."

[Sync]

Feeling that her assailant's hands were on her possessions and not on her person, the girl abruptly jumped up to make a break for it, abandoning the pepper spray and music player.

[KO]

The girl raised her portfolio and lowered her head, burying her face behind it and effectively concealing Regent's target behind the case. She shivered from the Thunder Wave and lurched from the Quick Attack, but she stayed in her place, huddled unto herself and wailing, "Leave me alone! I don't have any money!"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 4:01 pm
[Artist]

Duke growled again, still hanging onto his target as he called; in muffled tones.

With this said Viceroy placed one massive paw on the folder to pin it down and then tried to bite off the corner that the pokeballs were affixed to, hopefully allowing Duke to pull them free.

Regent meanwhile was still focused on the fourth pokeball; letting out a snarl he sank his teeth into the girl's arm and shook his head fiercely. Seeing a decent enough idea in progress Cojiro joined in Regent's assault, scratching and pecking at whatever he could reach.

Back among the trees KO watched the unfolding battle intently in between glances up and down the road, still gripping his last two pokeballs in case he needed to send in more backup. He wanted this to be done now, if Viceroy and Duke could get the three pokeballs from the file maybe he'd be best to leave the other given he knew there were police somewhere in the area.  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 4:14 pm
[Fairy Tale girl]

...and that was why he didn't want to let go of the pepper spray, in case she was awake and decided to use it on him again when his guard was down. At least she'd had the courtesy of leaving the device and the pokeballs attached to it, and the now useless canister of pepper spray. While he was mildly annoyed that he hadn't gotten to use it on her - and he had no intention of chasing her down - he couldn't be too mad, given he'd completed his objective. With that thought in mind, he picked up the music player - which, now that he got a good look at it up close, didn't look like any kind of music player he'd ever seen before - and stood up, then reeled his arm back and threw the offending pink canister as far into the forest as he could manage. That done, he jogged back towards the fallen log, stopped due to a sudden coughing fit, then continued at a somewhat disgruntled walk. Damn, pepper spray sucked. It was worth it though, he thought to himself as he stooped to gather his empty pokeballs where he'd left them, then slipped through the trees. He gathered up his hoodie again and held the clean fabric to the burning side of his face - not that it helped - as he made his way back towards the van.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 4:23 pm
[KO]

The girl, having had more than enough of being attacked for no reason, slammed her portfolio against whatever was the nearest target, dropped it, and scrambled to run away.

[Sync]

Rook, who had returned to looking at her screen (though a distinct frown knit her brow as she watched), looked up to Sync as the trainee returned. She didn't look surprised to see the state he was in, and instead of commenting, she set her screen down on the floor of the van and climbed partially into it to retrieve an unmarked bottle and a towel.

"I thought there'd probably be someone out here with pepper spray," she said, soaking the towel with the bottle's contents. "Wash up with this. It'll only take the edge off - you'll have to clean up properly when we get back to base - but it's better than nothing."  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 4:37 pm
[Rook & co]

Viceroy gave an insulted yelp as he was hit by the portfolio but soon dipped his head to grab it in his jaws. he said indistinctly

Duke agreed with a nod,

KO watched the girl flee and toyed with the idea of going after that last pokeball but on balance he decided retreating with three was more in keeping with the mission brief, he hadn't been seen personally and he wanted to keep it that way.

So it was that when his pokemon rejoined him he recalled them all (after taking the portfolio and its pokeballs from Viceroy) and made his way back towards the van as quickly and quietly as he could.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 4:44 pm
[KO]

Having passed on the towel (and bottled solution, if he decided he needed more) to Sync, Rook gave a curt nod of aknowledgment to KO as he returned. "KO, I'd like to hear your self-evaluation, if you don't mind," she remarked.  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 4:49 pm
[Rook, returned Rockets]

Someone out there with pepper spray, indeed. A brief laugh was quickly replaced by more coughing, so Sync instead settled for the comment, "Found them." Talking too much - or laughing, for that matter - was probably not the best idea. He hadn't expected the towel she offered, but he was grateful for it nonetheless. After lowering his hoodie and tucking it under an arm, he accepted the cold towel with a simple "thanks" and pressed it to his face, just savoring the coolness against his burning skin for a few moments. Damn, did pepper spray suck something awful. She was focused on another Rocket for now though, so he merely waited with pokegear and the attached pokeballs in hand.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 4:50 pm
(( The ORP is now closed to new participants! Please don't post unless you've already begun to play! ))  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 4:55 pm
[Rook]

KO gave a pleasant little laugh and hefted the portfolio. "Well how I feel about the day will depend on what's in these in part, but in terms of technique...." He trailed off and cocked his head on one side, looking thoughtful. "I don't think I went about that Hiker right, in hindsight. Why approach her when I could have surprised her like I did the second mark? I've been naturally given to..." he made a languid gesture with his free hand, "social sorts of strategies over the last few years but for this mission striking fast and keeping myself hidden was probably for the best. Regent confused the girl so maybe she won't remember too well what any of my pokemon looked like but whether she does or not she never glimpsed me... and I brought this with me which I think is important." KO nodded to the portfolio. "I could have taken the pokeballs and left this behind but with my prints on it that wouldn't have been smart.

"So over all," KO smiled slightly and shrugged, "I'd say I fulfilled the mission brief, but I'd be happy to hear of anything you think I could have done better."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:27 pm
[Rook, Michiko, Kyle, KO, Sync]

Clancy looked up, with his eyes only, from where he was currently sat, slumped forward with his arms folded. He was still stewing and fuming about his 'success'; caterpie?! Of course he'd gone and stolen worthless worms... Of course, they would certainly be valuable to somebody, but all he could think of was 'what could have been'... Perhaps he should have tried for a different mark, though of course that would have meant, likely, somebody more difficult, and he did like to make things easy on himself... Still, he didn't feel 'successful', and scowled in return to the nod Michiko offered him.
He kept an eye and an ear on those coming back and listened to what they said.
Still, Sync's condition roused his spirits a little in the way that someone else's misfortune only could, and he offered a little snort of laughter at the 'found them' comment, mouth quirking out of the scowl he'd adopted, just for a moment.  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:30 pm
[KO & Sync]

Rook listened, her arms crossed authoritatively and her silver gaze clear and focused. When KO invited it, she gave her own feedback, "I think in both encounters you skipped a first step that might have made things significantly easier on you. A mission is perfectly executed if the target doesn't know something happened until it's too late to do anything about it, and the way to accomplish that is through stealth and careful thinking. When stealth is impossible - or if you're discovered - your next choice should be to deceive the target into believing that you mean no harm and complete your mission without them uncovering that lie. Only when neither is appropriate or when both fail should you escalate to a physical altercation. Sync, this applies to you as well."

Positioning herself to speak to both the grunt and the trainee, she continued, "It's not possible to assess a target's physical abilities with 100% accuracy, and when you start and altercation, you invite the risk of not only failing your mission but also sustaining all manner of personal injury. Noise is another major factor that neither of you made any noticeable preparations for: What would have happened if someone had been close enough to hear your targets shouting? What if that someone were armed, either with powerful pokemon or with weapons? Add to that, physical attack carries the risk of identification; KO, you were able to avoid this, but Sync, your target will certainly report your actions to the police with a description of your appearance. Violence is inherently hazardous for a large number of reasons, and as such it should always be treated as a last resort when dealing with human opponents."

She turned her gaze on KO, addressing him individually once more, "You completed your acquisition without being seen, but as you say, she may remember your pokemon's appearance - which can be damning evidence in the case of pokemon with such unique appearances. Taking the mission objective at face value, you were undeniably successful. In the future, please try to think more broadly about the potential consequences of your actions and how they might impact your chances of success."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

VerityHattress

Hilarious Businesswoman

17,515 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:35 pm
[Youngster]

A young boy with a Skiddo? Hmm... now how to approach him. Walking after the boy, she decided to try and start a discussion. Perhaps he was interested in grass types like she was? Whatever the reason, she had to not act suspicious. Even if it was just a youngster, she had to remain careful.

"Excuse me young one!" she ran up to the boy smiling, waving to get his attention ", Is that a Skiddo? I haven't seen one before!"  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff