Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply ~The Group Hangout~ [Multiplayer Roleplays]
Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis. (Open and Accepting!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Phoenix347

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:46 pm
||Akuro Spade||
||Location; New York Black Market||
||Company; Guards, Ivonne Meyr||
||OOC; We've slowed down once more XD||

Some of the patrons showed interest in the rifle, but not many. It was understandable, why buy a new and possibly useless rifle when you could still find an AK-47 for less with the same effect? Even if they wouldn't take it, the UN showed some interest in purchasing a contract for the rifles so these were just for extensive testing. Two of the crates were already sold, and the presenter moved onto the next premier item of Yakigima, something that would change warfare just like the Ironman suits.

"Our next item is the latest by Yakigima Heavy Industries, famous for their Aggressor light tank and Dominion heavy tank. We present, the ARAV-12 Predator." The presentor moved as the coverings were torn away, and glistening black and gray metal showed two machines in a low position. The roared to life, lifting themselves up and crawling off the platform, the top portion turning on each unit, as if searching through the small crowd.

"With multiple weapon choices, we have two variants here today, the light combat A1, and the defense B1. The A1's standard is generally a 30mm encased chain gun, with a revolving TOW rocket launch system on the left. The B1 variant comes equipped with two 7.62x51mm miniguns on the right, and a 75mm cannon with a 12 round auto magazine on the left. Market price will be upwards of $9.3 million. These units will be providing for testing at a price of $7 million. Requires two trained personnel, a gunner and a pilot. Cockpit layout is similar to standard two-seat attack helicopters." To provide a visual, the A1 version opened its hatch, and only one pilot stepped out.

"Electrical and Pneumatic driven mechanical legs allow the Predator to proceed across various environments without impeding movement. A four point base allows the unit to move in any which way the pilot so desires without a single forward direction to be concerned over. The ideal environment for this unit is urban locations, rural locations may impede the unit's movement unless its equipment is specialized due to high pressure from the contact points. Armor is similar in function to the famous Ironman suits, however utilizes a new armor design by Yakigima industries to prevent high explosive devices and armor piercing rounds from easily penetrating."

The_Sane_Hatter

xlKoralx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:30 am
Aidian Kyros

The gray haired man let a small smile cross his lips as Aidian responded in a very strong and patriotic manner. He looked over some files for a moment before looking back to Aidian, his emotionless eyes locking on to every part of the soldier, especially the eyes. "Well soldier, I'd say it's quite hard to gauge just where you really fall in terms of how good you are... But at the same time, you've made no mistake, you are definitely one of the worlds best." The smile widened on his face now. "But that's not the only reason we're looking at a man like you. You seem very patriotic Mr. Kyros, judging by your response. That's good, because we're looking for patriots."

A screen at the back of the room flickered on, and what appeared to be some kind of army logo came into view. But it wasn't a logo associated with any part of the army, either in the US or any other country. It had an eagle in a circle, holding what appeared to be a sword in one claw, and a cluster of arrows in the other. Around the top part of the circle was written 'PATRIOT', and at the bottom was written 'PROGRAM'. The grey haired man rubbed his hand through his hair for a moment before speaking again. "We're still debating whether we're calling this the Patriot Program or Patriot Force, but make no mistake, you are here to be part of a force. And the purpose of this force? Well, simply put, it's to take out enemies of freedom, democracy, and the United States of America. This is a top secret organization and is almost completely off the books. And so why have we called you here? Because we need people willing to do what is necessary for this country, but above all, to do it well, and we think you can.

The man was quiet as he looked over his files once more, trying to gleam more information about Aidian. "So, what do you say soldier? Are you ready to really fight for your country?"

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:59 am
Phoenix347

Xelyn_X13

The_Sane_Hatter

irigan kitsune

Lord Sithious

xlKoralx

SixSteelStrings

Yue Belmont

Mister Winchester

loth17

Aidian Kyros

(OOC: My most sincere apologies for being gone so long again everyone! I had some stress that I was dealing with, but things are much more settled now, and on top of that, I'm FINALLY done one of my school courses! But, because I'm too cheap to buy us all champagne right now, we'll have to settle for roleplaying instead. XD )

Vincent nodded slowly as Snow spoke, carefully considering everything he was saying. "Unfortunately Snow, it's not really a choice I get to make right now, being vague and such. I have to keep things secret. Don't worry though, tomorrow I'll be going over everything, so I assure you that you won't be kept in the dark much longer. I'd be pleased to have you as allies, but for the time being, I have a lot more allies I need to try making: the several billion people on this planet. And furthermore, I have to start dealing with my enemies too" Vincent was quiet again as he took another sip of his drink.

A small smirk appeared on his face, hearing he was considered dangerous. "Well, it's good everyone think I'm dangerous... I am. However, I'm not nearly the biggest danger this world faces. Oh no, not by a long shot. But, as I said, I'll talk more about that tomorrow. I assure you though, any dangerous views you're concerned with right now won't be coming from me... And whether we have the manpower or not, we're going to have to fight the oncoming battles regardless." Vincent went quiet again, listening to what Snow was about to say in regard to the phone call earlier.

However, the silence was quickly interrupted when Snow fell to the floor. Vincent went wide eyed and place his glass down on the table, quickly rushing over to Snow. Before Vincent could say anything, Leila was already telling him to get Snow off the ground. With a quick nod, Vincent gingerly began to lift Snow up by his back, and pull him over and onto a sofa. A bed would have been better, but the sofa was closest, so he didn't want to waste time. He threw the extra pillows that had been on it to another couch, and began to get Snow better settled. "Well Leila, I do hope you have something to help with this. I don't particularly think he wants to die right now, and I don't exactly need people dying in my hotel room the day before a UN summons." Although Vincent's words were joking, his tone was fairly serious. He didn't want to see him die, nor did he want additional reasons for the UN to try punishing him.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:18 am
((No problem! Real life comes first after all. xD Welcome back.))

Lord Sithious

Yue Belmont

Leila sighed and looked through her bag and pulled out a small case. "I know but he's been getting worse lately and no one seems to know why." she muttered opening it. She frowned as she pulled out one and looked at it before taking Yue's arm and pushed the medicine into his veins. "Please, Mr. Roberts. As if you would need any help getting into trouble with the UN." she answered wryly before putting away her kit.

The red-head stood up and headed towards the bathroom and came out a few minutes late with a small wet wash cloth. "He needs to take better care of himself is what he needs to do. Not doing whatever it is he does in his spare time." she said with a sigh as she put the cloth on the unconscious man's forehead. "Hopefully, he'll wake up soon or we'll be spending the night in your room. I'm sorry for the trouble."

irigan kitsune

Gracious Lunatic

Yue Belmont

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:07 pm
Snow began to cough as his vision began to clear again. He could hear the distinct sound of a joke Vincent had made, his dear Leila not taking it well. He was still unconscious, his mind wandering to the day he had contracted the virus. It was a peculiar day, one he would never forget; it was the day he had decided to adopt his daughter. He had been on a contract to kill the said half breed when it had all happened. This particular man was one of a kind, created in a lab and set free to reek havoc; it was time Snow collected and killed him before things got out of hand. The man, however, was very intriguing to Snow; he had the same eyes and white hair as the man who had broken into their suite so many years ago. Snow had killed him as ordered but not without finding out if he was indeed the man. It took all of Snow's strength not to kill him the moment the man had recognized him though he had asked for a chat and as they walked, their hands had brushed and Snow had turned and took his life right there. Whether it was the touch or the blood that had infected Snow, he would never know.
~ 15 mins. later ~
Snow slowly opened his eyes to find himself on the suite's couch, Vincent and Leila standing over him. Vincent's handsome face was burned into Snow's memory, as he smiled slightly. "September.." He coughed, muttering his sister's name. "Leila, I.." He was trying to apologized for causing such a scene but went into a violent fit of coughing instead.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:28 pm
Lord Sithious

Yue Belmont

Leila had prepared a cup of water and changed the cloth to keep Snow's temperature as normal as possible. She watched Snow closely watched as he woke up. "It looks like you're up Snow White." she said with a sigh. While the male was unconscious, Leila had cleaned up the blood and threw away anything that had it. "I'm kind of glad, we didn't have to find you a prince." she joked relieved handing him the cup. "Drink that and the medicine I gave you. It might stave it off until we get back to your place and I can see if I can do something to make it stronger." Leila ordered sitting next to him.  

irigan kitsune

Gracious Lunatic

Yue Belmont

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:14 am
Snow White was a childhood nickname, and he giggled as he heard Leila say something about a prince; his mother used to joke about it all the time, saying Snow would find his Prince and Leila would find her Princess. Snow always wondered if it bothered their parents that both their children were gay, though it never seemed to. Everyone figured it was a "Twin," thing. They were identical with the only differences being the length of their hair & their eyes. He coughed once more and looked up at Leila, who looked gorgeous like always. "As if there's actually a Prince Charming for someone like me, dear." He took the cup from her gently, taking a sip of the water and then the medicine Leila had brought him. "I have no idea what type of virus this is but it would be nice if you could try and find a cure for it, my friend. I don't want my daughter to contract it. Speaking of which, I've decided on a name."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:29 pm
Greg was growing slightly impatient. He liked armored vehicles as much as the next red-blooded American, but none of this was why he was here.
"Not to uh, rain on your parade, but you're focus groups might need some re-evaluation."
Raising his hand, Greg's train of thought continued to roll out of his mouth.
"I mean, sure, it's a nice tank, armored.... Doohicky, whatever you're calling it. Government types will make propaganda about it, Private Security firms will put it front and center on their little pamphlets, but in the end, it's a nice sports car daddy buys to impress the guy at the gold club. It doesn't go offroad well. The armor may protect the passengers, but you lodge a round into those leg joints, hit it with enough gusto to put it off balance, hell, maybe the defense model knocks's itself off balance with that 75mm gun. Recoil's a b***h enough as it is mounted solid and square on the ground, let alone up in the air on a spindly little turret with legs. So maybe you try and sell to both sides, let some insurgents or petty dictator somewhere have a go it, God know's everyone here's thought about doing that at least once. But it can't traverse deserts and jungles without specialization, you can't hide a tank as easily from air surveillance as you can a weapons cache, fuel economy I'd imagine'd find some way to get you, and how the ******** you your teach some wide-eyed child soldier or backwards farm-hand how to operate one?"
Taking a deep breath, Greg looked around. He wasn't sure if he'd made any sort of coherent point, but he had already jumped, no choice but to keep going.
"Maybe what I'm trying to say is, insurgent-style guerrila warfare was working fine before Robert's and his Iron men took the stage. Instead of going back to basics and going head-to-head in some sort of pissing contest involving who can field the better armor, evolve what you've already got. A knight in shining armor, with all of his training, equipment, and prestige, was no match for an ordinary peasant armed with a black powder rifle. Yadda yadda, those who do not know their history, doomed to repeat it, you're picking up what I'm putting down, right?"

((Rats, you answered my question about armor before I could point it out.))
Phoenix347

xlKoralx

The_Sane_Hatter

Wheezing Shade

8,200 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Phoenix347

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:46 pm
||Akuro Spade||
||Location; New York Black Market||
||Company; Guards, Ivonne Meyr||
||OOC; Meant to put it in originally but had to drive so I edited it later. I think I went rambling on in this but I'm practically sleep deprived now... Meh||

Akuro raised an eyebrow as one of the attendees started speaking out. Some chuckled to themselves while others nodded their heads and looked to the presenter. "And we have some ancient artifacts it seems..." he muttered to Ivonne as the presenter turned his attention to the man. "I assume you're here for the Barrus rifles? Perhaps a message from our sponsor would help answer your concerns." He went silent as Akuro attached a wireless microphone to his collar and spoke into it. The voice was changed just in case, but not extensively like he was some terrorist sending a ransom message.

"Good evening all. First, why yes the peasant could defeat the knight with a powder rifle, a peasant would have to spend a lifetime of his money for that very tool. War weapons and their usefulness change constantly. Let's jump some more years later, to the trenches of Europe. Darkened skies, constant rifle fire and bodies falling in their charge. Many might argue the great metal beasts that arrived changed the tide and ultimately the war. The next war brought rockets, melting through the thickest armor of those tanks as well as jet technology. Then came nukes and missiles advanced detection and so on. I am fully aware the face of war changes, and along with it comes measurements against the latest technology. If you're more interested in the Barrus than I would suggest you remain quite until they come up.

"As for the rest of you, yes you could buy rifles and explosives rather than a new war machine, but those can only get you so far. That young child soldier or farm hand could easily pick up a rifle, and of course a complicated system could not be easily taken up by them. It was not the purpose to market this vehicle to children soldiers, no more than we market jets or helicopters to them. However, looking back into history we have Russia. where 'one man carries the rifle, one man carries the ammunition'. Not a very accomplished bloodbath with that strategy. Throw in some tanks, you know armor, and suddenly the casualties drop lower. Even the Vietnamese and eastern civil wars had armor utilized by both factions. Ultimately what I am putting down, if you don't want the newest gun, your enemy will grasp for the chance.

"I don't expect for all of you to take these models like they are some fancy art project no more than I would an AH-64. this design was made to take advantage of the weaknesses a tank possesses within an urban environment. Street intersections, back alleys and over tank barriers that could be erected overnight. The vehicle can lose on limb while still retaining half its combat effectiveness. The 75mm gun barely changes the balance of the vehicle thanks to its design. Recoil compensaters as well as the four point contact prevent it from falling over. We don't sell faulty products. For those that can't afford an armored vehicle more capable than a tank within an urban environment, we'll have Barrus rifles and cake in a few minutes." He cut the transition and turned to Ivonne. "I think that man wants to take on Roberts with just rifles. I'd like to talk to him later if you'd be so kind Ivonne."

The_Sane_Hatter

xlKoralx

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:07 am
Lord Sithious

And shepherds we shall be...

Aidian kept his eyes on the wall just over the man's shoulder just as he'd learned in basic training all those years ago. They didn't move the during the man's entire presentation of the PATRIOT PROGRAM and he didn't flinch when he heard the words 'top secret.' Aidian had been on many top secret missions in the past. Hell, half the missions he went on never actually happened as far as the rest of the world was concerned.

It wasn't until the gray haired man asked him if he was ready to commit to another top secret mission. His thoughts immediately flashed to his children sitting at home without a mother or a father. They were still so young and they barely knew him. In that moment he felt more torn than he had ever felt in his life. Raise his children and spend time with them, or protect his country once again from an enemy that doesn't exist during a mission that never happened. These choices were getting harder and harder every time, and even now his conscious could barely contain itself as both sides screamed at each other. For the first time in his life, Aidian hesitated before responding to a superior officer. "Sir, I will do whatever it takes to protect my country from all enemies both foreign and domestic." As the last word left his mouth, he had to close it tightly and force his face to remain unchanged as the thought of leaving his children without a father even longer crashed down on him.

...For thee my Lord for thee

Aidian Kyros

Generous Conversationalist

6,300 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

The_Sane_Hatter

Wheezing Shade

8,200 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:42 pm
Greg listened to the unknown sponsor, nodding slightly. When he had finished, he shrugged, and sent his hands back into his pockets.
"Welp, my concerns are quelled. There will in fact be cake this year... And you seem to have worked out the kinks your closest competitors have. Quality work."
Slinking back into the crowd, Greg took another look at the audience. A few of the regulars who'd been through his pestering at other meets continued to smirk, while the majority of the crowd had refocused on the presenter, likely more confident in the product. His long-winded rambling had not been without basis however. He had in fact seen some experimental projects in a similar vein as the ARAV-12 before, usually in a less finished format. He liked to compare things together, and figuring out how well things worked, even if he had no intentions of inquiring it, like said ARAV-12. He just didn't have clientele with needs for such a thing. Now back in the rear of the crowd, he patiently waited for the Barrus rifles to be shown, as well as cake to be served. He was dead serious on the cake, he hadn't eaten in a while, and nobody ever thought to bring food to events such as these.

Phoenix347

xlKoralx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:45 pm
Phoenix347

Xelyn_X13

The_Sane_Hatter

irigan kitsune

Lord Sithious

xlKoralx

SixSteelStrings

Yue Belmont

Mister Winchester

loth17

Aidian Kyros

(OOC: Sorry again for another extended absence folks! Had more stress to deal with, but I believe I handled it all rather well, so I should have less to hold me down for a while. I've still gotta deal with school, but that's coming together for the moment. Anyways, I'd like to try and move onto the next day soon, so let's try and move things along quickly, if we can. xp )

Vincent smirked slightly at Leila's comment. "Fair point, I do have a rather consistent tendency to make them unhappy with me." He chuckled a little bit. As she continued talking, he nodded, agreeing with what she said. "Perhaps he should move to a place with a warmer climate, Mediterranean might be nice. As for staying the night, it's hardly a problem. I don't expect either of you will try to kill me, and you're not terrible company either." He smiled slightly.

After a little while, Snow began to stir again, though it seemed he was being troubled while he was out. The use of 'September' caught Vincent's attention too, and left him with the feeling of irony, given that his own birthday was in September. Vincent found himself amused by the banter between the two of them, but remained quiet while they talked. When Snow finally mentioned a daughter, Vincent found himself thoroughly curious. "A daughter Snow? I congratulate you on the good news, though I must say it's certainly news to me!" He smiled slightly as a sign of support for Snow's choice. Vincent sat down again in an arm chair, across from the sofa, pulled it up to the coffee table. "You'll have to tell me about her. Oh, and about that favor you were meaning to ask by the way. You've left me curious to say the least on both accounts."

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:05 pm
Aidian Kyros

The grey haired man smiled at Aidian's response. "Well ironically, the enemy you'll be facing is one who will likely be both foreign and domestic. We can't give you great details at this point Aidian, as this is extremely top secret. What we can tell you though is we will have an intelligence division working on this as well, in collaboration with you. They may join missions, depending on their usefulness, but for the time being, they'll be our eyes, ears, nose, and mouth. And you? You will be our sword and shield." The grey haired man went silent for a moment as he checked over some things on his cell phone, perhaps a text or email.

"For tonight Aidian, you've done about all you can for us..." The grey haired man eyed Aidian up for a moment before smiling and giving a slight nod. "You can go home to your family tonight. We'd like it if you could be here at 08:00 hours tomorrow, we can debrief you further at that point, and give you some things you will be needing for your future missions." The man stood up and waved his hand across to the door, to indicate that Aidian was free to leave. "It's a pleasure having you on board soldier. We're looking forward to seeing you keep this country safe."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:04 pm
Lord Sithious

Yue Belmont

Leila looked at Vincent and shrugged. "I don't think the temperature matters in his case but it won't hurt to try. The good thing is that he's not dying, and I would prefer not to inconvenience you."She rolled her eyes at Snow's comment after awhile. "And I haven't found my Prince yet so we're in the same boat. she replied and smiled at his next news. "Good. Like Vincent I would like to know her name and maybe I can help push the process faster if you have everything ready and is to standards." she told him when she heard Vincent speak once more about the favor. "I took care of the favor he was calling you for already. It wasn't much of a big deal." she answered him with a shrug.  

irigan kitsune

Gracious Lunatic

Yue Belmont

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:35 am
Snow coughed and sat up, his head beginning to hurt slightly. He was very, very tired and couldn't seem to shake the sound of September's voice in his ear. "Er.. I guess I should start with why I tried to reach you? Japan, Russia & China have all been on my a** about allowing them to import children into the US for well.. Er.. My program." He coughed again, his eyes flickering between lilac and red now. "Michael had China on the phone and told them no, because as everyone knows, children are NOT items. You can't just send them - never mind. The point is, the ambassador had already approved a bloody shipment of about 300 of them. I had Ana contact you to see if you could be of use, though you didn't pick up. So, I called my mate here." You could hear more of Snow's accent now; it was unknown to most of the world that Snow was from the United Kingdom. He had a thick, clear English accent; however, only those closest to him and employed by him ever heard him speak. This would change tomorrow at the UN Meeting. "There were a few Japanese immigrants along with them, one of which was accidently put with the other children. She's a year in a half, gorgeous with bold, green eyes. She's Portuguese and Russian, I just couldn't take my eyes off her." He smiled at the thought of when he would be able to see his child, his eyes becoming wider and much more alert. "Hollis Rose.. Her name will be Hollis Rose Kaylen."

(( OOC: It's fine, Sith. Hollis Rose is a character in this book I'm writing, fyi. I really like the name. Also, if Irigan doesn't mind; yours or hers next response can go to us sleeping so that we can forward to the UN Meeting. I'm really looking forward to it considering all of the RPer's in this particular RP will be able to all interact . It should be interesting. ))

~The Group Hangout~ [Multiplayer Roleplays]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff