Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[PRP] So Kiss Me? [Fin] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:29 pm
"It is luck and chance and perhaps fate," Lex replied easily as he walked and smiled smelling baking chicken and pretzel breads. "Mmhm, that does smell good."

"Do you believe in the multiverse?" He questioned as they walked. "I always found that theory to be fascinating."  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:45 pm
"Umm..." Taavi thought about his answer carefully. "I don't disbelieve, I've never thought about it all that much and I don't actually know anything about the 'theory', like details of how it works and all. It was good luck though! Very good luck." Perhaps he ought to thank Dialga and Palkia for making sure both of them were in the right place at the right time, in fact yes he should, he'd do so once Sasha had gone home.

"Oh, look!" Taavi gestured ahead of them to a large deli counter, and a bakery off to the left. "Well we solved that mystery, heh, shall we see if they've got samples going?"

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:49 pm
"Do you think pretzel bread would go with our dinner?" He questioned, heading towards the bakery counter. Perhaps they would have just baked bread? "Maybe french would be better?"  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:54 pm
"I like pretzel! Um, but I also like French so whatever you prefer. Um, I wouldn't have thought of putting either with a roast but I don't see why we shouldn't! Like it's not a um, a deadly sin or anything. 'And it was written in the book of S'mthing that thou shalt not eat thy bread with thy roast dinner for it is abomination.'" Taavi intoned seriously, knitting his brows and wagging a finger at Sasha. "'He who does not heed the word shall have his feet tickled with feathers unto eternity.'"  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:59 pm
"Pretzel I think," Lex replied, looking over the loaves and picked one who package was sightly steamy from heat. "Still warm, and hehe. I think who ever wrote that is on one of those strange no carb/low carb diets." He hummed slightly. "Don't see any sample trays... did you want something?"  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:03 pm
"Heh, I don't think those people really know how their bodies work... or if they do they want to ignore it for the sake of losing a few pounds. Weird." This was of course said by Taavi who despite eating like a horse had never had a single pound to spare in his life - if he inhaled deeply you could count his ribs under the muscle - so his estimation that it was 'weird' for people to be desperate to lose weight was perhaps to be taken with a pinch of salt from the top of the pretzels.

"And-um, no," Taavi shook his head quickly, "if there are no tray let's just move on? That bread smells great and we can try that later on, maybe on the way home when it's hot?" That sounded good but; "Um, if you want to of course because it's your bread," he added hurriedly.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:09 pm
Lex gave a soft chuckle and nodded. "Mmhm, we will be sharing. I can't eat a whole loaf of bread by myself." Lex nodded and looked about. "Lets head towards the spices?"  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:20 pm
"Sure," Taavi smiled and nodded, "I think I saw herbs and spices advertised that way?" he waved a hand sort of off to their left and behind. "I love spices, like, you can't imagine. A proper spice stall where they're all laid out in- in baskets or containers or whatever? And you can smell them all, and they're weighed out into a little bag or pot for you...." Taavi gave a wistful sigh and then a little laugh. "I really need to work out where the 'ethnic' food markets are in Kodo. There must be some! There was a brilliant one in Mauville, ah and the street food! Amazing."

He missed Mauville, missed that market, missed the traders who'd known him and waved him over for a chat about life while he browsed or ate leaning against their stall.... But there'd be a good market here too, surely, and he'd get to know its traders in time. Settling into a new place was always hard but the more people you knew the less difficult it got until, without you really realising, the strange new land had become your home.

"When I've got a better job and some money to spend we'll have to go around a proper market, I think you'd like it!" Taavi concluded to Sasha with a smile and a squeeze of his hand.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:25 pm
"I would like that. I think I've seen a few small farmer type markets last year but nothing very large." Zucchini to cook into chips and lightly salted. "What sort of spices do you like best?" He questioned as they headed that direction.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:57 pm
"Haha, everything. Helpful I know!" Taavi grinned and shrugged. "I used to have a huge spice cupboard back hom- back in Hoenn. Cayenne is a must though, and... cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice. Umm... Turmeric is good, gotta have that for a curry, oh and jerk spice mix, garam masala.... I could probably go on for a while longer but those are the ones that come to mind first. I like my herbs too but spices are the best, I put them in pretty much everything really. Cooking's not really the same without them, all I've got at the minute is some cheap 'curry powder' which is kind of hot at least but... eh," Taavi shrugged, "it's not the same and all it does it 'hot' not 'hot and tasty'."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:03 pm
"Everything?" Lex listened and nodded, thinking it over before turning to the shelves and tipped his head. "Well, since I'm planning on coming over more often why don't you help me pick a few? So we can cook together?" He smiled and laughed. "I really don't know much outside of salt, pepper, garlic, and cinnamon... though I'm rather sure my mother used them all."  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:25 pm
"Ah, um, well, I-" Taavi fell over his words awkwardly. "That's... I mean, I'd like to do that but I really can't.... I mean I wasn't kidding, I really... I really can't buy anything at all even if it's just a couple of dollars." It was embarrassing, he hated it, but it was just how it was; he'd already spent his 'spare' money from the last couple of weeks on the wine, the vodka, and some fresh greens for the roast.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:38 pm
"Taavi, I can buy a few spices. You brought and prepared dinner, I want to do something nice for you." Lex looked over the little bottles, reaching up to pull a heavy look square bottle down. "Even if it just buying some decent curry powder."  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:47 pm
"Really? Um. Well. Ah. That... that'd be really kind, thank you." Taavi said, sounding a little awkward but definitely pleased too. Sasha didn't have to be as nice to him as he was being, as he had been since they first met. He didn't deserve to be treated this well.

Fiddling a bit with his pendant and nibbling a bit at his lower lip Taavi scanned the shelves. "Well, okay, um, how would you like your Pidgey spiced? I could do... I could do sweet chilli, or jerk, or Cajun, piri piri, masala, Szechuan.... All sorts really! Heh, there's a lot of options, it goes well with pretty much any spice! Really flexible meat, like chicken but a bit more gamey."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:27 pm
"Hmm that is a good question." Lex shifted the bottle of curry next to the bread and looked over the shelves. "I understood jerk and sweet Chili. I'm feeling more into the jerk chicken I think."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff