Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[FIN] Who Will it Be? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:39 pm
When he finally convinced his aching muscles to let him get up, Abel spent a moment scuffing the carpeting where they'd sat for so long so it wouldn't look like they'd been sitting in the plush rug for that long - at least not at first glance - then he and his pair of pokemon followed Zevran carefully, so carefully, to the door. Neither Alyssa nor her Houndoom stirred as they crossed the room, nor as Zev opened the door -- nor as they slipped out and cautiously, softly closed the door.

They were out.

Abel turned to Zevran immediately, his eyes suddenly bright with renewed energy. "Home first," he said quickly, "then back to that building. I need to get something first before we go there, plus I want to drop Caleb and Sonia off." They didn't need to go with them - funny how he'd been so determined to go alone at first, and now he assumed Zevran would come with him for the last leg of this journey - and he had to grab that folder. Once he'd finished speaking, the blond turned and headed towards the stairwell instead of the elevator, since it was much easier for him to descend stairs than ascend, and headed down them two at a time, Caleb and Sonia at his heels.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:44 pm
Once they were out of the apartment Zevran breathed a sigh of relief and reached for Abel's hand once more with a broad grin bringing his tattooed features to life. "Then let us go," he replied. If Abel wanted him to know what they were to collect he would tell him in due course, there was no need to press on it right now.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:59 pm
The instant they were outside Sonia dropped the illusion completely and sagged against the face of the building. Abel didn't do much better; with one hand holding Zevran's, he leaned against the side of the building as well with his other hand against his chest as he tried to catch his breath. "Shouldn't have done that," he commented breathlessly; unfortunately it would take him a while to catch his breath but he didn't have time. "Yeah," he said after a couple moments, beads of sweat forming on his temples again despite the cold air around them, and pushed himself away from the wall, "let's go."

As much as he wanted to sprint the whole way home, unfortunately it wasn't physically possible for him to do so. He still tried though, but their trip back to his apartment took much longer than he would've liked, as his pace kept slowing and halting entirely whenever he needed (far too frequent) breaks to catch his breath (or once to empty his stomach again after a wave of nausea struck him suddenly). Eventually they did manage to make it back to his apartment; as Abel unlocked and opened his door he wondered briefly if Taavi would be awake or not. It was still dark outside, but the sun would begin to rise soon, surely.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:05 pm
The walk back did not involve a lot of conversation.

Once Abel and Sonia had enough breath to start out properly Zevran slid a supportive arm around Abel's waist; Sonia would grow less tired as they walked but his friend more so, or so he assumed anyway.

They entered Abel's apartment in the dark but they were greeted by a slithering of pokemon; Scully and Kielo were awake and holding themselves tall and imperious until they recognised Abel.

"Are we just coming and going?" Zevran asked softly as his amber eyes flicked over to the couch, where one could just make out a comfortably curled shape.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:41 pm
During the course of their walk, Abel slipped an appreciative arm around Zevran's shoulders.

Once inside with the door shut behind them, the blond left his friend's side so he could place a friendly pat atop each serpentine pokemon's head. "Yeah, I just gotta get something. Wait here," he said as he passed by both pokemon and silently headed into his bedroom, leaving the door ajar. Scarcely a minute later he emerged, his hands busying themselves with zipping his coat back up.

"Alright," he whispered when he rejoined his friend but turned to fix Sonia and Caleb with a Look, "you both stay here. You especially, girl," he aimed a pointed look at the Zoroark that had begun to make a soft, disgruntled whine; she stopped immediately with a nearly silent huff. His expression softened and he ran his hand over her ears and top of her mane affectionately. "You've worked hard all night, you need to rest. We'll be okay."

When Sonia finally relented and both pokemon headed further into the apartment's interior, Abel turned to Zev and the door again. "Alright, let's go." So close, they were so close he could almost taste it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:49 pm
What was it that Abel had come to collect? He itched to follow his friend and find out but knew full well that Abel would not appreciate that and so he waited quietly for his return.

When Abel instructed his pokemon to remain behind Zevran nodded to back him up. "We shall, do not be troubled." He had his own pokemon with him and now he was even armed, quite a good position to be in really.

When Abel turned towards the door Zevran nodded and followed him quietly out into the hallway. Once the door was closed again he headed towards the elevator. "You wish to go straight back to the building?" he asked as they walked, so was his assumption but Abel might have another detour in mind.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:22 pm
"Yes," Abel affirmed as he followed after his friend. Once they arrived at the elevator, he pushed the button to summon it again but, rather than have to wait for one to arrive, the doors slid open immediately. It made sense, he realized as he stepped inside. They'd only just gone up a couple short minutes ago, and no one else had used it in that time. "I think it might be better to drive though," the blond added after a thoughtful moment. Better for both of them but mostly for him; the only thing still keeping him upright was nervous, excited energy and that was it. He wasn't really sure how much longer that would sustain him, but driving might help conserve whatever of it was left.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:06 am
"That would be faster," Zevran agreed as they stepped out into the lobby and headed for the door. "Are you alright to drive? It has been a tough night on you." Abel was still upright for the moment but despite the excitement on his face and in his step he didn't look good at all.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:53 am
Yes, it would be faster. Faster and much, much easier on his exhausted body. "Yeah I'm fine," he replied almost mechanically without even thinking about his own response. As they stepped through the door and into the chilly night air again, Abel looked around before heading towards the parking lot and his car, a thoughtful frown crossing his face again. "Though I'm not sure if I remember exactly where the building is.." Maybe about half? Half of the way to get there. Alyssa had taken a rather winding, roundabout route to get there - probably in case she was followed; lot of good that did her - and at some point in his anxious, nervous state he'd lost track of where exactly they were.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:02 am
"Mmm," Zevran responded a little sceptically; fine Abel was not but if he felt he was alright to drive then that would do. "I think I recall the way, or at least the points to turn at which amounts to the same. It may not be a direct route but...." Humm. "I don't suppose you have one of those fitness apps on your phone? Many of those have maps to show you where you have been." And that was exactly why he didn't have one, the idea of data being held on exactly where he was did not sit comfortably with him.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:14 am
"That's fine," he said readily as he reached the car and got inside; he'd already unlocked it as they were heading towards it, "as long as it's a route, that's all that matters. It doesn't have to be a straight shot there, as long as we get there." As he slid the keys in and turned the car on, he loosed a breathless laugh. Short as it was, the walk from his apartment door, out the building and to the car had winded him already quite effectively... Thus the car. "I'm like the most unhealthy person right now; fitness apps are not and have never been on my phone. I kinda wish they were now, that's a clever idea." That would've made it so much simpler, too, he couldn't help but think as he waited just long enough for his friend to get in and buckle himself up before he guided the car out onto the deserted streets.

"Okay, I think I remember it up to a point," he said thoughtfully as he made his first turn, "but after a bit my memory starts getting fuzzy. It was kind of hard to pay close attention to where we were heading the whole time," the blond admitted. It had been. He was actually a little surprised he'd managed not to have some sort of breakdown before finding any leads on her.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:17 am
That Abel didn't remember was hardly surprising, he had been stressed to breaking point and occasionally throwing up which was not the best thing for the memory. "Understandably," Zevran said aloud, no need to go into detail about why. "We will get there though, I am sure of it." They couldn't fail now that they were so close!  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:38 pm
"Yeah," he agreed, turning onto another street, "we have time." His eyes darted briefly to the clock on his dashboard - was it already past four? - before he focused on the streets again. After a couple more turns he frowned and slowed down. "Alright, around here is where my memory starts getting a little fuzzy."  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:44 pm
"The next left," Zevran said confidently. "Pass two streets and then right by the poffin billboard." He didn't remember what came after that but he suspected he would recognise it when he saw it.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:49 pm
"Ah, perfect," Abel said, his expression clearing as he followed the given directions, feeling himself calm down a bit with how confident Zev was in them. He hadn't even realized he was tensing up.

After a point things started to look familiar again, and Abel slowed to a halt at the building that Alyssa had led them to earlier. Unlike before, nothing stirred to give any hint that the warehouse was even in use, no Alyssa to lead them to the door and open it. Apprehension started to take hold and his fingers flexed uncertainly over the steering wheel under his hands. "This is it, right? It was this one, this door?" Except no one was around... which wasn't that different, he supposed. Last time it was only Alyssa until the door opened. But should they knock on the door, or try to sneak in, or.. some other third thing? The direct route was probably best, but for some reason he felt himself hesitating.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff